Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Brighton?

Alisson Becker
      20 (44.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (2.2%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima KonatƩ
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (4.4%)
      Naby KeĆÆta
      1 (2.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (11.1%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      14 (31.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (2.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (2.2%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: Nov 03, 2021 03:53:04 pm

Liverpool 2-2 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 15431 times
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Brighton & Hove Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Oct 31, 2021 06:15:45 pm
      West Ham away looks tougher now
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #415: Oct 31, 2021 06:18:47 pm
      Still not 100% convinced their first wasn't meant as a cross and thought AB could maybe have done better but given the saves he makes one possible slip is acceptable. Also at their 2nd the captain should have followed the runner but just jogged which is not good but again I'll cut a legend some slack. Overall we seemed to go to sleep again rather like we did against Milan. Whether two up the players the players subconsciously thought the job was done I don't know. Whatever the case move on to Athletico in the CL for what know doubt  Simeone will have them ramped for a war with their diving and cheating sh*te.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #416: Oct 31, 2021 07:20:36 pm
      Disappointing result after thrashing united a week ago. Itā€™s a funny old game though isnā€™t it? I left the ground quite frustrated only to put the radio on in the car and a guy rang up on the phone in and said if we drew 2-2 at united and then battered Brighton 5-0 we all would have taken that and been quite happy and heā€™s right I suppose.

I stay off this forum a lot now, too many idiots about the place these days and the posters I did enjoy engaging with seem to have vanished, but I occasionally come back when thereā€™s some talking points, like yesterday.

In the summer, I and many others, couldnā€™t believe we didnā€™t replace Gini. Half a dozen idiots on here were defending that decision and making excuses to support their weird pro FSG agendas.  The whole point of the gini debate was that he was an ever present for us who rarely missed a game. Our squad is littered with midfielders who have injury problems but gini was the only one who we could rely on to play week in, week out.

I predicted we would have a midfield crisis this season, the same way we had a defensive crisis last season, and I thought we would see those problems in November.

Well I was wrong about one thing, it wasnā€™t quite November, because we saw it yesterday. We drew that game, and in my opinion were very fortunate not to lose it in the end, because of our midfield. We were all over the place. We got out run, out fought, we werenā€™t tracking their runners and our front three were starved of any service.

The only three lads we had available were Hendo, Jones and Ox and all three of them were abysmal. I felt sorry for Hendo because he was left on his own and couldnā€™t cope in there. Jones and Ox were honestly shocking. The drop off in levels between Thiago, Fab, Keita and even Milner to those two is massive.

Brighton are a decent side in fairness, they have some good players and potter has them playing well, but even so, 2-0 up at home against them then you expect to see the game out but our midfield lost all control.

Iā€™m sure the usual people will respond and say why are you moaning, weā€™re second in the league, flying in the CL and in the quarters of the league cup etc. Thatā€™s true, but I knew that result would come around this stage of the season, and if we donā€™t get our midfielders back soon and look after them then weā€™re going to see a lot more of them and we canā€™t afford too many or we will be out of the race. If somebodyā€™s available in January then we have to go and sign them. We need somebody as reliable as Gini. Iā€™d go and break the bank for Bellingham personally because I think he is exactly what we need.

Two other players I thought had a nightmare yesterday were Bobby who couldnā€™t trap a ball and I donā€™t know why Jota wasnā€™t on a lot sooner, and Konate.  Konate has great physical attributes and Iā€™m sure he will be a big player for us but his inexperience showed yesterday and he was dragged all over the place. Why is Matip not starting, who was probably our second best player behind Mo so far this season?

Moving forward, I hope JĆ¼rgen doesnā€™t play the same midfield three as we saw yesterday. It might have already been said on here but playing gomez right back and putting trent in the middle could be an option for the time being.

West Ham and Arsenal (who have found their feet suddenly) coming up. Two massive games.

Wish we could just get Wijnaldum back, I bet he would love to come back too
      « Last Edit: Oct 31, 2021 07:43:33 pm by LondonRed83 »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #417: Oct 31, 2021 07:26:05 pm

Was Thiago not Gini replacement and then they also added in Elliott who will prob be back around Jan ?

We currently have 8 midfielders for 3 spots - buying one in the summer would have meant Elliott not playing so why spend when you already have the replacement in the squad

Not seen you post for a while ( well since the City draw and before that the Brentford draw 😉 )

Scroll up to my first post in this thread and youā€™ll see why. Refers to you and a few others actually.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #418: Oct 31, 2021 07:45:02 pm

Was Thiago not Gini replacement and then they also added in Elliott who will prob be back around Jan ?

We currently have 8 midfielders for 3 spots - buying one in the summer would have meant Elliott not playing so why spend when you already have the replacement in the squad

Not seen you post for a while ( well since the City draw and before that the Brentford draw 😉 )

Come on, Hammans comments are always quite thorough and well thought out. You might not agree with him (thatā€™s football!), however you canā€™t doubt the integrity of the content.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #419: Oct 31, 2021 09:33:58 pm
      Scroll up to my first post in this thread and youā€™ll see why. Refers to you and a few others actually.

A bit touchy arenā€™t you 😂 and yes I did read your post where you stated there is more to talk about when points are dropped

But surely there are things worth talking about when the team wins 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø Or is it just about waiting to complain or being desperate to post ā€œI told you soā€ - but enjoy celebrating ā€œpredicting the midfield crisisā€ - even though both Fabinho and Thiago will be back this week and right now we havenā€™t lost a centre mids for the season like we did last season with the CBs

And in regards Gini - Thiago was brought in a year early to replace him , and Elliot was added to make 8 mids in the team ( plus any youngsters coming through )

Players like Keita ( who has been excellent ) , Thiago , Ox etc who have had injury issues - werenā€™t sold , they have to be included in the squad numbers even if there is a chance they will get injured.

This game should have been dead and buried by half time - and Iā€™m actually going to give credit to Brighton - they went on the front foot and got what they deserved

As for putting Trent in midfield 😂😂 - thatā€™s all that can be said about that
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #420: Oct 31, 2021 11:06:20 pm

A bit touchy arenā€™t you 😂 and yes I did read your post where you stated there is more to talk about when points are dropped

But surely there are things worth talking about when the team wins 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø Or is it just about waiting to complain or being desperate to post ā€œI told you soā€ - but enjoy celebrating ā€œpredicting the midfield crisisā€ - even though both Fabinho and Thiago will be back this week and right now we havenā€™t lost a centre mids for the season like we did last season with the CBs

And in regards Gini - Thiago was brought in a year early to replace him , and Elliot was added to make 8 mids in the team ( plus any youngsters coming through )

Players like Keita ( who has been excellent ) , Thiago , Ox etc who have had injury issues - werenā€™t sold , they have to be included in the squad numbers even if there is a chance they will get injured.

This game should have been dead and buried by half time - and Iā€™m actually going to give credit to Brighton - they went on the front foot and got what they deserved

As for putting Trent in midfield 😂😂 - thatā€™s all that can be said about that

Iā€™m not touchy no. But I donā€™t waste my time on here any more when the same half a dozen people have a strange agenda and argue until theyā€™re blue in the face even when they know theyā€™re wrong, because theyā€™re too immature. Youā€™re one of them.

Weā€™re that good of a side now and have been truly spoilt under klopp, so what is there really to say when we beat palace 3-0 at home? Itā€™s just the norm now. Weā€™re used to it. But if we drop points against Brighton then I like to see what other reds thought about the game and what, in their opinion, went wrong. Thereā€™s more to discuss and I find it more interesting talking about how we could improve or what people may have done differently. We shouldnā€™t be dropping points to them at home so letā€™s talk about it.

As for weeks like last, no offence to anybody who came on here after smashing Man U, but I was out with my mates on the ale all night and didnā€™t crawl in until god knows when. The last thing I wanted to do was come on a forum. Yesterday I went with my 11 year old son, so I was t on the bevs, and I woke up today fresh but a little frustrated and wanted to talk about a couple of things. Is that ok with you? 

You do know Trent captained younger sides as a centre mid donā€™t you? And you do realise he has the attributes to play in that position. Many pundits and even JĆ¼rgen himself have spoken about him playing in midfield before so I donā€™t know what you find so amusing. It would obviously take away what he offers us as full back because I donā€™t think Gomez can get forward as well as Trent does, but one thing is for certain I never want to see a midfield three of Hendo, Jones and ox ever again who struggled against Brighton. At least Trent would give us some energy and strength in there. If you think thatā€™s an awful idea thatā€™s fine, itā€™s your opinion, but just say so instead of being a dick? Which you often come across.

Thiago wasnā€™t ginis replacement no. And you know that too which brings me back to my original point of people talking nonsense for the sake of it. But Iā€™ll play your game for a little bit before I get bored and leave for several weeks again. If Thiago was his replacement then who at the club allowed Gini to run his contract down and leave for nothing then while paying both of them high wages? We had his replacement so why didnā€™t we sell him?  Why did Gini play more games than his replacement last season? And why did Gini partner his replacement on several occasions last season? Doesnā€™t make much sense really does it.

Thiago, as you know, was an addition. You have some argument for elliott being ginis replacement but itā€™s something I disagree with. I donā€™t for one minute believe klopp wanted a young, inexperienced harvey elliott to play out of position to replace gini had he been given the choice. I believe he was told there was no money in the pot and he therefore had to work with what he has. Klopp is also extremely careful with the media but it hasnā€™t dawned on the likes of you yet and you donā€™t quite grasp that what he tells them might not necessarily be true, even though youā€™re that naive you think it is.

I donā€™t get any enjoyment out of saying I told you so. Anybody with a brain cell knew we would struggle for numbers in midfield this season. It was just idiots who suggested otherwise to defend why FSG couldnā€™t or wouldnā€™t spend. And yes a couple of lads are back soon but as Iā€™ve stated, we will experience a shortage I no midfield a few times this season and we will drop points because of it. Yesterday was just an example, there will be more unfortunately unless we bring in somebody more reliable in January. Do you not think we need to?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #421: Nov 01, 2021 12:02:16 am
      Iā€™m not touchy no. But I donā€™t waste my time on here any more when the same half a dozen people have a strange agenda and argue until theyā€™re blue in the face even when they know theyā€™re wrong, because theyā€™re too immature. Youā€™re one of them.

No idea about agendas 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

And I thought itā€™s all about opinions as opposed to being right or wrong - maybe being right ( in your mind ) is important to you

Weā€™re that good of a side now and have been truly spoilt under klopp, so what is there really to say when we beat palace 3-0 at home? Itā€™s just the norm now. Weā€™re used to it. But if we drop points against Brighton then I like to see what other reds thought about the game and what, in their opinion, went wrong. Thereā€™s more to discuss and I find it more interesting talking about how we could improve or what people may have done differently. We shouldnā€™t be dropping points to them at home so letā€™s talk about it.

As for weeks like last, no offence to anybody who came on here after smashing Man U, but I was out with my mates on the ale all night and didnā€™t crawl in until god knows when. The last thing I wanted to do was come on a forum. Yesterday I went with my 11 year old son, so I was t on the bevs, and I woke up today fresh but a little frustrated and wanted to talk about a couple of things. Is that ok with you? 

As i said maybe itā€™s just coincidence that the only games you comment on are games where we dropped points.

You do know Trent captained younger sides as a centre mid donā€™t you? And you do realise he has the attributes to play in that position. Many pundits and even JĆ¼rgen himself have spoken about him playing in midfield before so I donā€™t know what you find so amusing. It would obviously take away what he offers us as full back because I donā€™t think Gomez can get forward as well as Trent does, but one thing is for certain I never want to see a midfield three of Hendo, Jones and ox ever again who struggled against Brighton. At least Trent would give us some energy and strength in there. If you think thatā€™s an awful idea thatā€™s fine, itā€™s your opinion, but just say so instead of being a dick? Which you often come across.

Carragher at one stage was a striker , TAA is the best right back in the world - you keep a round peg in a round hole

You may not like Ox , Jones etc but they will all do a better natural job in midfield

They struggled because one didnā€™t sit and do ugly work , young Morton should have come on but Klopp went with the players that did well against UTD

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2021/09/writing-trent-alexander-arnold-midfield-experiment-dissected/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11669/12404250/trent-alexander-arnold-liverpool-boss-JĆ¼rgen-klopp-cannot-understand-gareth-southgate-using-right-back-in-midfield

ā€œ "That is possible but why would you make the best right-back in the world a midfielder? I don't understand that really.ā€

Thiago wasnā€™t ginis replacement no. And you know that too which brings me back to my original point of people talking nonsense for the sake of it. But Iā€™ll play your game for a little bit before I get bored and leave for several weeks again. If Thiago was his replacement then who at the club allowed Gini to run his contract down and leave for nothing then while paying both of them high wages? We had his replacement so why didnā€™t we sell him?  Why did Gini play more games than his replacement last season? And why did Gini partner his replacement on several occasions last season? Doesnā€™t make much sense really does it.

Gini wasnā€™t signing a new contract , bids werenā€™t being lined up for Gini and they had the chance to bring in Thiago a year early

And why did Gini play more games - maybe because Thiago was injured 🙄 and surely someone like yourself could understand that Thiago has the ability to play both alongside and instead of Gini 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Thiago, as you know, was an addition. You have some argument for elliott being ginis replacement but itā€™s something I disagree with. I donā€™t for one minute believe klopp wanted a young, inexperienced harvey elliott to play out of position to replace gini had he been given the choice. I believe he was told there was no money in the pot and he therefore had to work with what he has. Klopp is also extremely careful with the media but it hasnā€™t dawned on the likes of you yet and you donā€™t quite grasp that what he tells them might not necessarily be true, even though youā€™re that naive you think it is.

Iā€™m quite comfortable in my belief that Klopp rates Elliott and it didnā€™t take him long in Pre season to think that this player is perfect to fit in with what I want to see in the middle - I also believe Klopp takes more enjoyment and satisfaction seeing a young player come through and take a place than buying someone in.

I donā€™t get any enjoyment out of saying I told you so. Anybody with a brain cell knew we would struggle for numbers in midfield this season. It was just idiots who suggested otherwise to defend why FSG couldnā€™t or wouldnā€™t spend. And yes a couple of lads are back soon but as Iā€™ve stated, we will experience a shortage I no midfield a few times this season and we will drop points because of it. Yesterday was just an example, there will be more unfortunately unless we bring in somebody more reliable in January. Do you not think we need to?
      For some who gets no enjoyment out of it - it didnā€™t take much for you to tell everyone ā€œI told you soā€ - Iā€™m wondering if youā€™re like the guy near me who thinks he is never wrong , spends most of the match complaining like a girl bit sheepish when we win

We have 8 players for 3 positions in midfield- you could also add Morton , Taki , Bobby in as a support if Klopp tweaks things - how many should we have ?

And no I donā€™t see players arriving in Jan unless any player they have in mind is available

They will look to do something in the summer - with Ox and a few others prob leaving

But Iā€™m confident in the squad to continue battling for trophies this season without any additions

And them continuing to stay unbeaten will also have the added bonus of not seeing you post telling everyone how right you are and ā€œI told you soā€

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #422: Nov 01, 2021 04:32:45 am
      The TAA in Midfield discussion needed to be put to bed 2 seasons ago. It was bad enough how crap he was against Andorra in 45mins. Why on earth does anyone think it'll work in the Premier League? ;D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #423: Nov 01, 2021 05:59:08 am
      The TAA in Midfield discussion needed to be put to bed 2 seasons ago. It was bad enough how crap he was against Andorra in 45mins. Why on earth does anyone think it'll work in the Premier League? ;D

Haha yeah load of bollocks pal and JĆ¼rgen has already said why on earth would he do it.

Just makes us a weaker team without Trents threat from Full Back then add to that he'd be learning on the job how to play in midfield in a JĆ¼rgen side.

I'd just like to see us sign another solid CM so that we dont have to play 2 of Naby Jones and Ox at any 1 time.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #424: Nov 01, 2021 07:16:47 am

No idea about agendas 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

And I thought itā€™s all about opinions as opposed to being right or wrong - maybe being right ( in your mind ) is important to you

As i said maybe itā€™s just coincidence that the only games you comment on are games where we dropped points.

Carragher at one stage was a striker , TAA is the best right back in the world - you keep a round peg in a round hole

You may not like Ox , Jones etc but they will all do a better natural job in midfield

They struggled because one didnā€™t sit and do ugly work , young Morton should have come on but Klopp went with the players that did well against UTD

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2021/09/writing-trent-alexander-arnold-midfield-experiment-dissected/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11669/12404250/trent-alexander-arnold-liverpool-boss-JĆ¼rgen-klopp-cannot-understand-gareth-southgate-using-right-back-in-midfield

ā€œ "That is possible but why would you make the best right-back in the world a midfielder? I don't understand that really.ā€

Gini wasnā€™t signing a new contract , bids werenā€™t being lined up for Gini and they had the chance to bring in Thiago a year early

And why did Gini play more games - maybe because Thiago was injured 🙄 and surely someone like yourself could understand that Thiago has the ability to play both alongside and instead of Gini 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Iā€™m quite comfortable in my belief that Klopp rates Elliott and it didnā€™t take him long in Pre season to think that this player is perfect to fit in with what I want to see in the middle - I also believe Klopp takes more enjoyment and satisfaction seeing a young player come through and take a place than buying someone in.
      For some who gets no enjoyment out of it - it didnā€™t take much for you to tell everyone ā€œI told you soā€ - Iā€™m wondering if youā€™re like the guy near me who thinks he is never wrong , spends most of the match complaining like a girl bit sheepish when we win

We have 8 players for 3 positions in midfield- you could also add Morton , Taki , Bobby in as a support if Klopp tweaks things - how many should we have ?

And no I donā€™t see players arriving in Jan unless any player they have in mind is available

They will look to do something in the summer - with Ox and a few others prob leaving

But Iā€™m confident in the squad to continue battling for trophies this season without any additions

And them continuing to stay unbeaten will also have the added bonus of not seeing you post telling everyone how right you are and ā€œI told you soā€

It is about opinions but you constantly talk nonsense to support whatever agenda you have at the time.

Itā€™s no coincidence. Iā€™ve given you two reasons why. If you need reminding itā€™s because the forum isnā€™t as good as what it used to be. A few good posters no longer come on and theyā€™ve been replaced by a few divvys who I canā€™t be doing with in truth, and secondly I find the conversations a lot more interesting after a poor result rather than reading 20 pages of the same comments after a straight forward win.

We both know the result on Saturday was a poor one, especially being two up too, but youā€™d rather step around it and say things like weā€™re unbeaten because you donā€™t want to admit you were wrong a few months ago.

We drew the game on Saturday because of the midfield. We were all over the place and we lost control of the game. If you donā€™t believe (or wonā€™t admit more like) that we had problems in the midfield then honestly mate move along and donā€™t bother replying to me on here again because youā€™re either deluded, blind or as I suspect just talk nonsense to back whatever tripe you said months ago.

Whatā€™s your point? Steven Gerrard was the best number 8 in the world but he also played right back, right mid, left mid, in the 10 and as the number 6 too. World class players adapt and can play anywhere. Trent is world class and has experience playing in midfield too. Iā€™ve got no problem with you wanting him to stay at right back, thatā€™s fine, and in general thatā€™s where I want him too, but your response was as if I suggested to play matip centre mid.

Brighton had some joy down our right side and we were exposed at times. I believe had Trent moved into the middle and Gomez came on at right back we would have been a lot more solid and won the game. You donā€™t and again thats fine, you were happy to persist with Jones and ox because they are natural central mids who will always do a better job than Trent, even though it was obvious to pretty much everyone else that they were both really struggling, or you wanted a young kid to come on and throw him in the deep end to try and see the game out against a decent prem team who had us under the cosh. As I said youā€™re entitled to your opinion. But weā€™ll never know anyway will we.

But itā€™s rubbish what youā€™re saying anyway. You might as well say divock will do a ā€˜better natural jobā€™ than salah as a striker because divock is a natural centre forward and Mo isnā€™t. It did amuse me though that you rubbished the idea of Trent playing in midfield temporarily but youā€™re happy for both ox and elliott to play in there who arenā€™t, as you say, natural central midfielders. Theyā€™re both ā€˜naturalā€™ wide men. But obviously youā€™ll just say any old sh*te.

You are probably the most naive liverpool fan Iā€™ve ever come across you know. If Thiago was ginis replacement then we could have gotten rid of Gini quite easily. The euros was on so Gini would have gone to secure his place with holland if we told him he was no longer required, and are you really honestly that naive you donā€™t believe any club at all would have offered something to take him? F**k me. And if Thiago was the replacement then surely taking something for Gini would have been better than nothing at all?

Thiago was an addition. He didnā€™t replace anybody. Him and Gini arenā€™t even similar players so you just look ridiculous saying it. Thiago was signed because he offered something completely different to the midfielders we already had. Heā€™s a baller and Gini is a machine. Gini played more games and played alongside his supposed replacement several times.

I canā€™t even be arsed talking about klopp and what he says to the media. As I say youā€™re naive and you donā€™t understand or grasp that he knows how to address the media and what he says isnā€™t necessarily true. There will be so much that goes on behind closed doors that neither you or me will ever know about because JĆ¼rgen keeps everything private and itā€™s just another reason of why I love him and why heā€™s perfect for Liverpool FC. But bloody hell, do you still believe in Father Christmas you?  Every other post you say ā€˜well JĆ¼rgen said thisā€™ and ā€˜well JĆ¼rgen said thatā€™. You donā€™t quite understand how it all works do you? Hopefully he releases a book one day and opens up because youā€™ll be in for a shock.

It could be me actually who sits by you  yeah because funnily enough thereā€™s a bloke by me whos on his phone 24-7. I have a look at what heā€™s doing from time to time and heā€™s talking sh*te on lfcreds or masturbating over topless photos of John Henry so is that you then? Iā€™ll say hello next time.

Also mate, if youā€™re going to reply to me  do me a favour and turn it in on those emojiā€™s. I find it hard to take a grown man serious who uses emojiā€™s in every sentence. Apologies if youā€™re about 15 though.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #425: Nov 01, 2021 12:14:46 pm
      It is about opinions but you constantly talk nonsense to support whatever agenda you have at the time.

Itā€™s not about opinions when someone is claiming they are right and others are wrong

Itā€™s no coincidence. Iā€™ve given you two reasons why. If you need reminding itā€™s because the forum isnā€™t as good as what it used to be. A few good posters no longer come on and theyā€™ve been replaced by a few divvys who I canā€™t be doing with in truth, and secondly I find the conversations a lot more interesting after a poor result rather than reading 20 pages of the same comments after a straight forward win.

Come on - at least be honest with yourself , I bet you couldnā€™t wait to post after the team dropped points , desperate to post ā€œ I told you soā€ - over a draw against a team doing well this season

We both know the result on Saturday was a poor one, especially being two up too, but youā€™d rather step around it and say things like weā€™re unbeaten because you donā€™t want to admit you were wrong a few months ago.

I donā€™t know shah you think it is Iā€™m wrong about - or what Iā€™m stepping around.

We drew the game on Saturday because of the midfield. We were all over the place and we lost control of the game. If you donā€™t believe (or wonā€™t admit more like) that we had problems in the midfield then honestly mate move along and donā€™t bother replying to me on here again because youā€™re either deluded, blind or as I suspect just talk nonsense to back whatever tripe you said months ago.

We also let a lead slip against Brentford with Fabinho on the pitch instead of Ox - the midfield three that played on Saturday couldnā€™t get control , I donā€™t think anyone has said otherwise - but then if Bobby had scored his chance we could have killed the game early , plus a number of other chances. I donā€™t see the issue as clear cut as one area whilst also having to give credit to Brighton. Would also add that Konate was dragged out of position a few times - so no i donā€™t point the issue purely at the midfield. Itā€™s also worth noting that the midfield helped create both the goals

Whatā€™s your point? Steven Gerrard was the best number 8 in the world but he also played right back, right mid, left mid, in the 10 and as the number 6 too. World class players adapt and can play anywhere. Trent is world class and has experience playing in midfield too. Iā€™ve got no problem with you wanting him to stay at right back, thatā€™s fine, and in general thatā€™s where I want him too, but your response was as if I suggested to play matip centre mid.

What ā€œexpirenceā€ at the high level has TAA had in midfield ? 45 mins for England where he looked clearly like a fish out of water ? Just because someone is world class doesnā€™t mean that they can easily move into a totally different role . But letā€™s humour you for a minute - which midfield role would you like to see him take - the one sitting deep in from protecting ? The 8 ? The 10 ? - none of those would suit someone who clearly enjoys space and freedom that he finds in wide areas to ping balls in - space that is given to him by the work of the likes of Henderson. TAA thrives coming onto the ball facing the goal - put him in midfield and he then starts to get the ball with his back to to goal - totally mentality and thinking.

Brighton had some joy down our right side and we were exposed at times. I believe had Trent moved into the middle and Gomez came on at right back we would have been a lot more solid and won the game. You donā€™t and again thats fine, you were happy to persist with Jones and ox because they are natural central mids who will always do a better job than Trent, even though it was obvious to pretty much everyone else that they were both really struggling, or you wanted a young kid to come on and throw him in the deep end to try and see the game out against a decent prem team who had us under the cosh. As I said youā€™re entitled to your opinion. But weā€™ll never know anyway will we.

But itā€™s rubbish what youā€™re saying anyway. You might as well say divock will do a ā€˜better natural jobā€™ than salah as a striker because divock is a natural centre forward and Mo isnā€™t. It did amuse me though that you rubbished the idea of Trent playing in midfield temporarily but youā€™re happy for both ox and elliott to play in there who arenā€™t, as you say, natural central midfielders. Theyā€™re both ā€˜naturalā€™ wide men. But obviously youā€™ll just say any old sh*te.

Ox and Jones are midfielders- they train every day within those roles , Ox hasnā€™t been a wide man for years and Jones certainly not been hugging a touchline.

You are probably the most naive liverpool fan Iā€™ve ever come across you know. If Thiago was ginis replacement then we could have gotten rid of Gini quite easily. The euros was on so Gini would have gone to secure his place with holland if we told him he was no longer required, and are you really honestly that naive you donā€™t believe any club at all would have offered something to take him? F**k me. And if Thiago was the replacement then surely taking something for Gini would have been better than nothing at all?

Eh - The club were happy to keep him for a year and lose him on a free - I donā€™t recall many if any bids for Gini even when clubs knew that he only had a year left

Thiago was an addition. He didnā€™t replace anybody. Him and Gini arenā€™t even similar players so you just look ridiculous saying it. Thiago was signed because he offered something completely different to the midfielders we already had. Heā€™s a baller and Gini is a machine. Gini played more games and played alongside his supposed replacement several times.

I canā€™t even be arsed talking about klopp and what he says to the media. As I say youā€™re naive and you donā€™t understand or grasp that he knows how to address the media and what he says isnā€™t necessarily true. There will be so much that goes on behind closed doors that neither you or me will ever know about because JĆ¼rgen keeps everything private and itā€™s just another reason of why I love him and why heā€™s perfect for Liverpool FC. But bloody hell, do you still believe in Father Christmas you?  Every other post you say ā€˜well JĆ¼rgen said thisā€™ and ā€˜well JĆ¼rgen said thatā€™. You donā€™t quite understand how it all works do you? Hopefully he releases a book one day and opens up because youā€™ll be in for a shock.

What is it you think Klopp would open up about - he has always been pretty straight forward throughout his whole career . He clearly has no issues walking away if things donā€™t suit him. Do you really think Klopp will be the corperate yes man

It could be me actually who sits by you  yeah because funnily enough thereā€™s a bloke by me whos on his phone 24-7. I have a look at what heā€™s doing from time to time and heā€™s talking sh*te on lfcreds or masturbating over topless photos of John Henry so is that you then? Iā€™ll say hello next time.

Bit crude isnā€™t it

Also mate, if youā€™re going to reply to me  do me a favour and turn it in on those emojiā€™s. I find it hard to take a grown man serious who uses emojiā€™s in every sentence. Apologies if youā€™re about 15 though.

Awwww - do little pictures confuse you

Maybe we looking to accuse someone of childish behaviour itā€™s not the paragraph after stating someone ā€œmasturbates over an owners pictureā€ - 🙄
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #426: Nov 01, 2021 03:55:25 pm
      We had a poor result against Brentford but this was different, we were running away with the game then second half were we let it slip....on such games trophys are won and lost
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #427: Nov 01, 2021 04:23:53 pm
      We had a poor result against Brentford but this was different, we were running away with the game then second half were we let it slip....on such games trophys are won and lost

Don't think we were running away with, played okay first half but brighter were always still in it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #428: Nov 01, 2021 04:25:49 pm
      Don't think we were running away with, played okay first half but brighter were always still in it.

Yep - Alisson was certainly the busier of the keeper most of the match. Brighton played very well- happy to push high
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #429: Nov 01, 2021 04:26:00 pm
      We're clearly short in midfield right now. Once AOC is in the frame for a start, cant argue otherwise. Hopefully mids will come back from injury, but that wont change the fact that we skating on thin midfield ice.
      And this was completely predictable.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #430: Nov 01, 2021 05:19:33 pm

It was similar to our start to united I felt. We were dangerous but a few warning signs were there early on.

Brighton had one or two early chances but  I still thought we were the better side in the first half and as Lallana says, if Bobby puts his chance away then I donā€™t see Brighton getting back into it. We went from being 3-0 up to 2-1 up in the space of five minutes or so.

Neither ox or Jones got a grip of the midfield and as a result Hendo was outnumbered in there. They were letting runners pass them by, didnā€™t press and they didnā€™t hold their positions well either. The pair of them were just all over the place. It was a midfield collapse and Iā€™m really surprised JĆ¼rgen let it ride out when it seemed obvious something needed changing. I love him to bits but if he has any flaws then perhaps being too stubborn may be one.

Wasnā€™t just ox or Jones who had a nightmare though. Neither Bobby or Konate played particularly well either. But I think the points were lost because of the midfield.

Iā€™m not too worried about Wednesday because of our good start in the group so itā€™s a free hit, plus I expect Leti to come and sit in which will suit Jones and Ox a lot more.

I am worried for West Ham though. Hopefully we have a couple of lads back by then because if that three of Hendo, Jones and Ox start against them then I canā€™t see us getting a result. Hopefully Iā€™m wrong and if they do play, then they smash it.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #431: Nov 01, 2021 05:24:24 pm
      It was similar to our start to united I felt. We were dangerous but a few warning signs were there early on.

Brighton had one or two early chances but  I still thought we were the better side in the first half and as Lallana says, if Bobby puts his chance away then I donā€™t see Brighton getting back into it. We went from being 3-0 up to 2-1 up in the space of five minutes or so.

Neither ox or Jones got a grip of the midfield and as a result Hendo was outnumbered in there. They were letting runners pass them by, didnā€™t press and they didnā€™t hold their positions well either. The pair of them were just all over the place. It was a midfield collapse and Iā€™m really surprised JĆ¼rgen let it ride out when it seemed obvious something needed changing. I love him to bits but if he has any flaws then perhaps being too stubborn may be one.

Wasnā€™t just ox or Jones who had a nightmare though. Neither Bobby or Konate played particularly well either. But I think the points were lost because of the midfield.

Iā€™m not too worried about Wednesday because of our good start in the group so itā€™s a free hit, plus I expect Leti to come and sit in which will suit Jones and Ox a lot more.

I am worried for West Ham though. Hopefully we have a couple of lads back by then because if that three of Hendo, Jones and Ox start against them then I canā€™t see us getting a result. Hopefully Iā€™m wrong and if they do play, then they smash it.

Would have been tempted to bring tyler Morton on or another centre back, jota definitely should have been on earlier. Can understand JĆ¼rgen probably thought his options were limited
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #432: Nov 01, 2021 05:49:07 pm
      Would have been tempted to bring tyler Morton on or another centre back, jota definitely should have been on earlier. Can understand JĆ¼rgen probably thought his options were limited

I think Morton should have come on a bit earlier as well , he had no issues doing the dirty ugly stuff. Not sure why at times Klopp holds back on his subs
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #433: Nov 01, 2021 07:11:13 pm

We drew the game on Saturday because of the midfield.

Really? The entire result was because of the midfield? Nothing else?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #434: Nov 03, 2021 01:56:23 pm
      Quote from HamannsTheMan
      Disappointing result after thrashing united a week ago. Itā€™s a funny old game though isnā€™t it? I left the ground quite frustrated only to put the radio on in the car and a guy rang up on the phone in and said if we drew 2-2 at united and then battered Brighton 5-0 we all would have taken that and been quite happy and heā€™s right I suppose.

I stay off this forum a lot now, too many idiots about the place these days and the posters I did enjoy engaging with seem to have vanished, but I occasionally come back when thereā€™s some talking points, like yesterday.

For the previous week, we were rejoicing at putting the mancs in their box, and showing everyone else in the league what we're capable of, with lots of talking points. Where were you?

It seems you're not very interested in debating with us. As soon as you're questioned, you protest about the "quality" of the forum rather than debate the issue at hand. It's not good enough to say there's too many idiots around. Every forum has posters you don't agree with, in the case of this forum, it's a manc spy ruining every single thread telling us all what we should do. But if you're going to make the most of your time on forums, you have to engage with the posters you agree with as well as tolerate the posters you believe are wrong. 

It doesn't take a degree in sports science to see we have a crisis in midfield atm, it's not a new development. But even if everyone was fit, there's not much anyone can do about a cross from 30 yards out, that ends up in the net. But if Salah puts the ball in rather than Mane from the error by the keeper, then we are winning 3-0, you wouldn't be here reminding us what we all know about, and we wouldn't be having this discussion at all.

Quote from Dadorious
      Yea that was flat out embarrassing when you consider an entire season played behind closed doors. Surely canā€™t be the tourists either there were too many that left far too many old fellas who looked like they should have been at home having a kip. F**k it off give your tickets to someone else!

Agreed. After our first home game in a month, there's 3 weeks to our next home league game. I'm sure all of the doubters will have got to somewhere more important to them than stay there believing they could help us win this game, by then.
      « Last Edit: Nov 03, 2021 06:31:57 pm by lfc across the water »
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #435: Nov 03, 2021 05:18:15 pm
      For the previous week, we were rejoicing at putting the mancs in their box, and showing everyone else in the league what we're capable of, with lots of talking points. Where were you?

Hiding like the rest of the trolls who only crawl from under their rocks when we drop points. He was nowhere to be found in Oct after the City game when we were beating Watford, Atletico, United and Preston, but then suddenly we drop points against Brighton and here he is, as active as ever on the board.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #436: Nov 03, 2021 10:37:34 pm
      Hiding like the rest of the trolls who only crawl from under their rocks when we drop points. He was nowhere to be found in Oct after the City game when we were beating Watford, Atletico, United and Preston, but then suddenly we drop points against Brighton and here he is, as active as ever on the board.

Get out of here. You might disagree with Hamann but heā€™s certainly not a troll who hides. Explains his opinions and heā€™s right, thereā€™s always more to discuss after dropping points - you see it in every match thread itā€™s always busier after dropped points.

You were nowhere to be seen for 25 years and a bit of success and some yank owners turn up and youā€™re suddenly giving big bollocks telling people how to support the club theyā€™ve followed their whole life.

People are entitled to views on the shape of our squad you know, especially when we lose a key player like Gini - completely reasonable to discuss how/if he was replaced adequately.

Quick Reply