Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-match Liverpool v Atletico Madrid 3rd Nov KO 8pm Champions League

Read 3838 times
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Pre-match Liverpool v Atletico Madrid 3rd Nov KO 8pm Champions League
      Nov 01, 2021 09:50:36 pm
      Big game on Wednesday night as we take on Atletico Madrid at one of those very special nights under the floodlit Anfield sky.

Buzzing for this after the first game, how will they react? Simeone will want revenge after us beating them as he stormed off after refusing to shake Jürgen's hand.

A win in this game and we can take our last two games easy so we can concentrate on the busy schedule of the league programme.

Wondering will Fab and Thiago be ready for this,  Fab is back in training so would be great to have him back, not so sure about Thiago though.

Team will be well up for this though and will want to keep a certain Mr Suarez nice and quiet, they'll no doubt be up to their usual tricks so we need cool heads and we'll be alright on the night.

Redmen to win, bring it on !!

glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Re: Pre-match Liverpool v Atletico Madrid 3rd Nov KO 8pm Champions League
      Reply #1: Nov 01, 2021 10:09:34 pm
      I’ll take a win or a draw, but under no circumstances, no more injuries!!!!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2: Nov 01, 2021 10:50:58 pm
      I’ll take a win or a draw, but under no circumstances, no more injuries!!!!

I'm confident we'll win, but yes deffo no more injuries especially in midfield, hope it's a strong Ref.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #3: Nov 01, 2021 11:01:31 pm
      Im more worried about West Ham than this game, like Glen says above, it’s all about staying injury free and getting Salah to continue the scoring run.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #4: Nov 01, 2021 11:06:39 pm
      I'd be fine with a draw and five subs, or even losing well. We've got to win v West Ham or I'm losing faith in a title fight.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #5: Nov 01, 2021 11:13:27 pm
      Could be another tough game against Athletico Madrid on Wednesday night. Although quite rightly it is so important that no more injuries are picked up, with such an important game against West Ham coming up at the weekend, where three points is vital to keep up with leaders Chelsea.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6: Nov 01, 2021 11:37:30 pm
      If Fab or Thiago aren’t fit to start then I do think it would be a good idea to go with Matip, Gomez/Konate and Virgil as 3 CB’s with Trent and Robbo as wing backs. I know I’ve said it before but with the injuries/lack of fitness to the midfield, it seems logical to me. Make use of being able to have Trent and Robbo help the midfield out without the defence being so exposed. We got massively lucky against them last time out, with our performance vs Brighton and generally the vast amount of goals we are letting in and chances we are giving away, it wouldn’t hurt to give it a try? We’ve got the players for it so why not utilise it…
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #7: Nov 02, 2021 07:55:13 am
      Really can’t see us playing three CB’s, if Thiago makes it he’s in with Hendo & Naby lad, picking up injuries is a occupational hazard, playing to avoid them is a recipe for disaster, play your natural game it’s less likely to happen, we were battering them first 25 until two silly mistakes let them back in, that won’t happen again,

I can see a similar quick off the blocks and in their faces start, get them immediately on the back foot under the lights with a raucous crowd, and they will fold, two up within 15 they won’t come back from that, remember..no away goal rule…it’s a straight winner takes all gun fight…and I’d fancy us against any European opposition in this scenario….

Alisson

Trent   Matip    Virgil   Robbo

Thiago.            Hendo
                                                                     Keita
                                                         Salah.              Mane
                                                                      Jota

Opting for Matip next to Virgil, give Konate a break, and perhaps use him V Hammers, hopeful Thiago comes back in and I’m in favour of Jota who poses a bigger goal threat, need Naby on his game again, Hendo as a DM has worked before but really wish Fabinho was back for this one, could see him V Hammers too, Bobby will be gutted but he knows the craic and sometimes it’s better we have him on for last 20,

Bench; Adrian, Konate, Gomez, Tsimikas, Jones, AOC, Bobby, Origi, Minamino

I’m going for a convincing 3-0 ‘F**k you’ Simeone !!(and your Shithousery)

Y  N  W  A

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #8: Nov 02, 2021 08:09:14 am
      I'm confident we'll win, but yes deffo no more injuries especially in midfield, hope it's a strong Ref.

What's a strong ref? Strong enough to stand up to home crowd pressure? But we're at home. Maybe more a ref who doesn't bottle challenges and makes decisive decisions?
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #9: Nov 02, 2021 08:40:28 am
      Really can’t see us playing three CB’s, if Thiago makes it he’s in with Hendo & Naby lad, picking up injuries is a occupational hazard, playing to avoid them is a recipe for disaster, play your natural game it’s less likely to happen, we were battering them first 25 until two silly mistakes let them back in, that won’t happen again,

I can see a similar quick off the blocks and in their faces start, get them immediately on the back foot under the lights with a raucous crowd, and they will fold, two up within 15 they won’t come back from that, remember..no away goal rule…it’s a straight winner takes all gun fight…and I’d fancy us against any European opposition in this scenario….

Alisson

Trent   Matip    Virgil   Robbo

Thiago.            Hendo
                                                                     Keita
                                                         Salah.              Mane
                                                                      Jota

Opting for Matip next to Virgil, give Konate a break, and perhaps use him V Hammers, hopeful Thiago comes back in and I’m in favour of Jota who poses a bigger goal threat, need Naby on his game again, Hendo as a DM has worked before but really wish Fabinho was back for this one, could see him V Hammers too, Bobby will be gutted but he knows the craic and sometimes it’s better we have him on for last 20,

Bench; Adrian, Konate, Gomez, Tsimikas, Jones, AOC, Bobby, Origi, Minamino

I’m going for a convincing 3-0 ‘F**k you’ Simeone !!(and your Shithousery)

Y  N  W  A

No chance Keita plays Billy. Of the two just read Fab is most likely to start but in all honesty would be surprised and probably both on bench
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #10: Nov 02, 2021 09:43:18 am
      Considering it doesn't look like Thiago or Fab can start I think we've either got to go 3 centre backs here or bring Morton into the midfield.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #11: Nov 02, 2021 09:44:24 am
      Dont think Fab or Thiago are ready to start, might see them on bench if anything.

Maybe same team as weekend, with a rocket up there arses. ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #12: Nov 02, 2021 09:44:38 am
      No chance Keita plays Billy. Of the two just read Fab is most likely to start but in all honesty would be surprised and probably both on bench

I was of the impression that Naby’s injury was bruising rather ligaments etc, and that with some manipulation from the physios he’d be good to go, perhaps not then, and if Fab is close, do we risk him ? Or Thiago for that matter, only the physio dept knows for sure, if you are indeed correct, having a Hendo, Jones, and AOC in midfield is fookin scary 😟.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #13: Nov 02, 2021 09:46:16 am

I was of the impression that Naby’s injury was bruising rather ligaments etc, and that with some manipulation from the physios he’d be good to go, perhaps not then, and if Fab is close, do we risk him ? Or Thiago for that matter, only the physio dept knows for sure, if you are indeed correct, having a Hendo, Jones, and AOC in midfield is fookin scary 😟.

He's done his hamstring now I think.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #14: Nov 02, 2021 10:12:20 am
      He's done his hamstring now I think.

Aw Double F**k, didn’t know that, what is it with our shitty luck, Ffs, can’t just catch a break can we ?

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15: Nov 02, 2021 10:12:26 am
      I was of the impression that Naby’s injury was bruising rather ligaments etc, and that with some manipulation from the physios he’d be good to go

That was for the challenge from Pogba, but he done his hamstring against a Brighton. He won’t be playing this week.

You said playing to avoid injuries is a recipe for disaster but in all honesty, if we end up with a midfield of Hendo, Jones and Ox for this game, then that’s a far bigger recipe for disaster.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #16: Nov 02, 2021 10:28:26 am
      but in all honesty, if we end up with a midfield of Hendo, Jones and Ox for this game, then that’s a far bigger recipe for disaster.
      We WILL lose with that MF against Athletico, for sure. 

May think about playing the front 4 together with Firmino playing between MF and attack, maybe?  Probably not, though.

We're desperately short of of options there; hopefully Fab is available for tomorrow and maybe Thiago for the Hammers game.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #17: Nov 02, 2021 11:24:03 am
      Considering it doesn't look like Thiago or Fab can start I think we've either got to go 3 centre backs here or bring Morton into the midfield.

Can see klopp playing young morton actually.

And now even thinking about it, Klopp may make a few changes from the weekend team.

Possibly something like this ?

--------------- Ali --------------
      - trent - Matip - Gomez - Kostas -
      ------------- Morton ------------------
        ---- Hendo ------ Ox ------
           - Salah - Origi - Taki -

Subs bench loaded with super subs. ;D
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #18: Nov 02, 2021 11:51:36 am
      I'm fine with dropping points, but if we do, me guns will be blazing all over our malfunctioned midfield. ;D
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #19: Nov 02, 2021 11:58:09 am

And now even thinking about it, Klopp may make a few changes from the weekend team.

- Salah - Origi - Taki -

Do you really think Klopp will play a team like that against Athletico ? No chance
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #20: Nov 02, 2021 12:29:20 pm
      Alisson

TAA Matip VVD Robertson

Fabinho
      Henderson Oxlade

Salah Firmino Mane

Don't lose and a bit more of a structured performance. I think Matip needs to come back in and I'm unsure why he didn't play Saturday.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #21: Nov 02, 2021 12:33:02 pm

- Salah - Origi - Taki -

I think we'll be much stronger than that. The schedule has been pretty good to us this week with us playing Saturday - Wednesday - Sunday. Enough rest there for us to play a strong team tomorrow.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #22: Nov 02, 2021 12:50:33 pm
      Do you really think Klopp will play a team like that against Athletico ? No chance

Never know. stranger things have happened.

Quick Reply