Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-match: West Ham V Liverpool [Sunday November 7th, 16:30]

Read 4521 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Re: Pre-match: West Ham V Liverpool [Sunday November 7th, 16:30]
      Reply #23: Nov 06, 2021 11:47:38 am
      Yea seeing reports Bobby could miss 9 games, probably be in time for Salah and mane buggering off to Africa though. 🤣

Looks that way 6 weeks is a long time hopefully back for Busy Christmas period
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #24: Nov 06, 2021 02:47:25 pm
      I see West Ham as a side who can play decent footy but don’t often overwhelm sides. They don’t play through sides too often either, but they do score their fsir share of scrappy goals. I’m thinking if we get at them snd press well, we are gonna get the win.
      I’m that confident, I’ve changed my prediction to 3:0 to the Red Men !
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #25: Nov 06, 2021 04:55:37 pm
      I hope Chelsea's draw is extra motivation.
      « Last Edit: Nov 06, 2021 05:41:08 pm by 0112358 »
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #26: Nov 06, 2021 05:02:19 pm
      Gotta win now and take advantage of Chelsea losing a couple points.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #27: Nov 06, 2021 05:54:17 pm

NB: Team no longer available

I would drop AOC for Thiago. Robertson and Mane back to starting XI.

Craig Pawson will referee West Ham v Liverpool on Sunday with Stuart Attwell on VAR.

Yep would probably go with that.
      Feel like we're a bit better in the away PL matches, get a little more space in the final third, so hoping for 3 points tomorrow.
      WH are playing well, but so are we.
      And Jota, Mane and Salah are looking properly dangerous.
      Hopefully Fab and Hendo line out again in the middle.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #28: Nov 06, 2021 06:06:10 pm
      Unlike last week when we didn't take advantage of other results please take advantage this week
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #29: Nov 06, 2021 08:42:36 pm
      As much as I've criticised Chamberlain this season I'd be tempted to play him again after the mid week game.

Fabinho, Henderson and Chamberlain three and the rest picks itself almost apart from a debate on who partners Virgil and who plays LB.

I'd go Tsimikas and Matip.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #30: Nov 06, 2021 10:10:23 pm
      As much as I've criticised Chamberlain this season I'd be tempted to play him again after the mid week game.

Fabinho, Henderson and Chamberlain three and the rest picks itself almost apart from a debate on who partners Virgil and who plays LB.

I'd go Tsimikas and Matip.

I’d like to see Tsimikas get a run of games.  He’s a real battler and his crossed are top drawer.
      Not sure Ox has shown enough consistency at the mo. I’d play safe with Hendo Fab and Tiago.
      Tiago might not make 90 mins, so Ox could come on around 70 to reinject some pace and drive into their box.
      Matip clearly the safest bet alongside VVD from previous performances so far.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #31: Nov 07, 2021 12:41:07 am
      Get the 3 points lads!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #32: Nov 07, 2021 08:22:57 am
      Massive game, huge! West Ham in fine form, Fornals is quality and Rice has been incredible this season.

Not going to be easy at all. Hoping to see a proper battle, they are great with set pieces but so are we.

We can do this
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #33: Nov 07, 2021 09:26:50 am
      Won’t be easy, West Ham are playing well and Moyes has them set up really well. 3 points will leave us 1 point behind Chelsea after yesterday’s result. Get at them from the off, just do what we do best and I’m certain the 3 points will be ours!
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #34: Nov 07, 2021 09:30:00 am
      The way Klopp talking Robbo will play this and only toss up is Ox or Thiago as he won't play 90 so does he start or come on
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #35: Nov 07, 2021 09:58:16 am
      It should be a good game today, with plenty to play for, West Ham like to attack, which will suit our style of play. Feel we will see a few goals today with the Reds coming out on top !
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #36: Nov 07, 2021 10:29:58 am
      Massive game, huge! West Ham in fine form, Fornals is quality and Rice has been incredible this season.

Not going to be easy at all. Hoping to see a proper battle, they are great with set pieces but so are we.

We can do this

It's mind blowing how "The Chosen One" got them playing this well. Let's get one over him.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #37: Nov 07, 2021 12:01:57 pm
      Should be a strong away win this... would be fab to see more of Konate at the back IMO... looked impressive against Brighton recently *even if we didn't keep a clean sheet you know.  Mo's in blistering form still! I bet the hardest part on Klopp's job at the front is who you drop 🤣
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2021 12:23:23 pm by AJ, Reason: Grammar! »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #38: Nov 07, 2021 12:28:21 pm
      Goes without saying Moyes has got Hammers rocking, and fair play to them, but when you look at the level of quality we're miles in front,  ok yes it's 11V11 but it's what you can do with your 11 that will make the difference,
      Aside from perhaps Chavs & City there isn't any other club that can deal with the intensity we bring to the table,
      It's not just how we press it's how we work to win the ball back and immediately set up attacks, as good as Hammers have been to date, they'll not have faced the high intensity that we are comfortable playing at, yes they'll soak up a lot of pressure but they will make mistakes and that will be their downfall,

Brentford had the right tactics on how to counter our play, and that was to match us in attack and almost beat us at our own game,  Hammers won't play like that, Moyes will play 5 across the back I imagine and try hitting us on the counter and use set play's to try and score, 

As has been said this won't be easy by any stretch but i just think we'll be too strong too clever and too good, this game is screaming out for a Bobby Firmino but alas he's missing unfortunately,  something I feel Moyes will be grateful for,

A not so easy Redmen victory 0-3

YNWA
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #39: Nov 07, 2021 12:38:50 pm
      I’m thinking 2-2.
      They are good. So are we.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #40: Nov 07, 2021 01:16:42 pm
      Looks that way 6 weeks is a long time hopefully back for Busy Christmas period

Yea. Hope so mate.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #41: Nov 07, 2021 01:23:28 pm
      Goes without saying Moyes has got Hammers rocking, and fair play to them, but when you look at the level of quality we're miles in front,  ok yes it's 11V11 but it's what you can do with your 11 that will make the difference,
      Aside from perhaps Chavs & City there isn't any other club that can deal with the intensity we bring to the table,
      It's not just how we press it's how we work to win the ball back and immediately set up attacks, as good as Hammers have been to date, they'll not have faced the high intensity that we are comfortable playing at, yes they'll soak up a lot of pressure but they will make mistakes and that will be their downfall,

Brentford had the right tactics on how to counter our play, and that was to match us in attack and almost beat us at our own game,  Hammers won't play like that, Moyes will play 5 across the back I imagine and try hitting us on the counter and use set play's to try and score, 

As has been said this won't be easy by any stretch but i just think we'll be too strong too clever and too good, this game is screaming out for a Bobby Firmino but alas he's missing unfortunately,  something I feel Moyes will be grateful for,

A not so easy Redmen victory 0-3

YNWA

I always enjoy reading your pre-match commentary.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #42: Nov 07, 2021 01:44:09 pm
      Come on Boys today cheer my Covid blues away . Gone for 2-1 with Thiago to come on and be the difference
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #43: Nov 07, 2021 01:52:34 pm
      Tough game this one given how they have been playing, hopefully Moyes crap record against us continues.

The standard to win the league now is such that every game feels massive, I think Klopp said on Friday you have to basically be perfect to win the league, so we need to find a way to win and I’m confident we will.

3 1 to the reds.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #44: Nov 07, 2021 02:02:27 pm
      C'mon Reds lets batter these cockney tw*ts.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #45: Nov 07, 2021 02:48:32 pm
      Lots of pundits think W.Ham are going to be too strong for us today which is perfect. We like teams that think they can come after us and this is "The Chosen One" we are talking about.
      Really hope we have Fab, Hendo and Thiago together and lets see how they perform.

Quick Reply