Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      16 (27.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      13 (22%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.7%)
       Fabinho
      4 (6.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.7%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      2 (3.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (5.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (3.4%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      15 (25.4%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Nov 11, 2021 06:29:38 pm

West Ham United 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19486 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Re: West Ham United 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Nov 07, 2021 10:14:42 pm
      Not an excuse but Craig Pawson's display was amongst one of the worst I've ever seen.

Embarrassing c**t.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #714: Nov 07, 2021 10:22:59 pm
      So in a way you are laying the blame very much with Klopp then as the changes you state need to be made to  certain extent are his decisions

Yea this Don c**t has had a hardon for Klopp since our defensive crisis last season you won’t find him anywhere when we’re winning games.

Deflated after a defeat that saw us ship more cheap goals we simply need to start controlling games a lot better.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #715: Nov 07, 2021 10:36:33 pm
      Unfortunately Alisson was mostly awful today... and when that happens, it goes pear shaped. Plus the fact that our attacking three were not on it, so we failed to make up for his mistakes.

Ah well..

Wasn’t offered much protection by our players..

No support around him for the first goal..
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #716: Nov 07, 2021 10:41:07 pm
      Some people fail to see the importance of Naby to our midfield and its balance

Why do we find ourselves in a position where such an injury prone player is so crucial to our system?
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #717: Nov 07, 2021 10:52:05 pm
      Wasn’t offered much protection by our players..

No support around him for the first goal..

First goal was a foul. How the officials permitted Ogbonna (?) to jump into Alisson and not make contact with the ball (so all he did was knock the keeper) thus making Alisson knock the ball into his own net was ridiculous!!! Arguably he should have done better, but he was clearly impeded by the knock he received.

However, it then affected the rest of his game. You could see for their third goal, he pushed Antonio 3 times before the corner was taken. His mind was on the obstructing player (who actually did nothing) and so when the corner was taken, by the time he got to the back post it was too late. No protection or help there either.

He was also poor for the 2nd goal.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #718: Nov 07, 2021 11:24:12 pm
      Bad defeat that, scored twice yet somehow created nothing besides Mane at the end.

Defensively we need to get sorted out, it’s absolutely killing us. We really were sh*t today, haven’t gone through the match thread yet but personally I’m feeling very deflated after that.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #719: Nov 07, 2021 11:35:13 pm
      Nobody wants to be a city or Chelsea but when one of our key players leaves then most of us expect a replacement, and a f**king realistic one at that, not a f**king 18 year old kid who we signed from Fulham who plays on the wing who we signed in f**king 2019 and then have halfwits on forums tell us he’s the f**king answer.

We’re liverpool for fucks sake. If salah leaves tomorrow then I expect us to go out and f**king buy a decent RW and not be told f**king minamino was his replacement.

So being Liverpool means we have to buy all of our starters and can't develop our own star players? Harvey Elliott is going to be a f**king superstar and he showed up at preseason camp and won that starting role (one of the #8 midfielders just like Gini). He was absolutely on fire in those opening games. I'm sorry we didn't pay 70 million for him. I've got a lot more questions today about the guy we did pay a lot for (Thiago).

Forum Halfwit.
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2021 11:40:35 pm by Robby The Z »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #720: Nov 07, 2021 11:37:05 pm
      Reading this thread, I'm glad it's only our ......FIRST loss of the season in any competition, and not say, our SECOND. That would be really bad.

Not a good performance by any stretch, but the quantum leaping to Doom and Gloomville from some of you...
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #721: Nov 08, 2021 12:48:46 am
      As usual, a lot of over reactions after a poor performance / result.  This was our first loss of the season, we are only 4 points off first with 81 still to play for, and we have finished 1st in the hardest CL group with 2 games to spare.  We had a bad day at to office and it seems even worse because it's happened hot on the heels of letting a 2 goal lead slip against Brighton.  But we're still in good shape.  At Christmas last season we looked like we were going to run away with the league, but nothing is easy in this league.  I'm sure we will rebound and will still be in the title conversation come April / May.   

Great post
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #722: Nov 08, 2021 01:00:45 am
      Last weekend felt worse than this loss because yesterday we played badly.

Alisson needs to think about his last game but the referee did not help.

We are Liverpool! Ynwa
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #723: Nov 08, 2021 03:38:58 am
      It's my fault blame me!

Set the alarm for 3.10am for KO at 3.30, said 5 more minutes, slept thru till the 75th minute...turn on TV..Zouma scores instantly, then Div scores, thought here we go, then Sadio missed,

Turned off TV and tried to go back to bed but too gutted!!
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #724: Nov 08, 2021 04:59:23 am
      I think we should be a bit patient. Yes we are conceding goals and stuff. But as the poster above said, we have been pretty good in CL. And it's just 4 pts of the top. Let's see where we are, at Christmas.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #725: Nov 08, 2021 05:00:24 am
      Said all season something just isn't quite right this year. We miss Gini no doubt and I agree with the idea that the blend in midfield isn't quite right.

The question is is what is the solution? I don't think its Ox these days thats for sure. We just seem like an inferior version of 2 years ago this time around and with Chelsea getting a proper manager and City still being City will leave us fighting it out for 3rd and 4th with Arsenal United and probably West Ham.

Think the midfield was a huge underrated strength of ours back then but now it's a real issue. There was a point in that game at 2-1 we lost our heads completely and they cut through us that quickly and in such a short space of time SKY was showing replays of their attacks why more attacks were happening.

Other than United no other team has caved in when we take a goal lead. There was still half an hour to go and we had thrown all control and composure out of the window when other teams against ourselves have shown us that if you stay in the gane you can create chances without leaving yourself defenceless. Last 5 minutes maybe but not for half an hour.

The way we let Bowen just saunter through us for their 2nd was poor but sh*t happens and with the rules as they are its not terminal to conceding a goal. You just trip him up and take your yellow card.

We have to be switched on to that side of the game because the other way around we are probably getting clipped there.

But yeah there's something off with us but in the back drop of lack of investment in the side for many years now its probably not that surprising.

These should be our peak years under Jürgen and we are still a handy side but nowhere near what we could be given just a few more tools to work with.

Whichever side you sit on with that argument its not going to change it is in the end what it is. This is how Febway want to play it and we'll see if we can nab some cups now along the way. The title however like most seasons will go to one of the 3 big spenders. It certainly isn't going to United so its for Chelsea and City to go for.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #726: Nov 08, 2021 06:20:29 am
      So being Liverpool means we have to buy all of our starters and can't develop our own star players? Harvey Elliott is going to be a f**king superstar and he showed up at preseason camp and won that starting role (one of the #8 midfielders just like Gini). He was absolutely on fire in those opening games. I'm sorry we didn't pay 70 million for him. I've got a lot more questions today about the guy we did pay a lot for (Thiago).

Forum Halfwit.

Yeah, thanks for that. We all know he’s a talented kid. But being Liverpool means we’re one of the biggest and richest clubs in the world, competing at the highest level against the best teams, so if one of our best players leaves then we should be able to replace them rather than put all our hopes and trust on a young, inexperienced lad and play him out of position while we’re at it.

As somebody else has already pointed out, gini and Elliott are completely different players. The midfield has been off balance several times already this season.

At the end of the day, our options in midfield are weaker this season than they were last season and that’s just fact, so there’s nothing to discuss or debate.

RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #727: Nov 08, 2021 08:09:18 am
      The idea that Harvey Elliot was going to be our key man on the midfield this season is laughable I’d wager half the forum hadn’t even seen him play until the start of this season.

Our midfield needs more reliable players in there, and Gini was as reliable as they came when it came to staying fit. Whichever way you cut it our midfield is weaker than last season.

I also don’t know why it’s controversial to say FSG should have replaced Gini, that isn’t asking us to spend like the chavs or city, it’s actually asking us to spend like a mid table team to be honest - I.e replace your players so you aren’t short. Unfortunately we are short.

As someone said above, we could be so much more with Jürgen at the helm, even just a modest investment and we would fly.  But instead we do it all on a shoestring.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #728: Nov 08, 2021 08:25:13 am
      Yeah, thanks for that. We all know he’s a talented kid. But being Liverpool means we’re one of the biggest and richest clubs in the world, competing at the highest level against the best teams, so if one of our best players leaves then we should be able to replace them rather than put all our hopes and trust on a young, inexperienced lad and play him out of position while we’re at it.

As somebody else has already pointed out, gini and Elliott are completely different players. The midfield has been off balance several times already this season.

At the end of the day, our options in midfield are weaker this season than they were last season and that’s just fact, so there’s nothing to discuss or debate.

Yep, agreed. I was shocked how easy West Ham were able to carve through us.

It could have been 6 - 2
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #729: Nov 08, 2021 08:25:53 am
      ..if Id a pound for every time somebody commented on how sh*t Gini was here...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #730: Nov 08, 2021 08:30:05 am
      ..if Id a pound for every time somebody commented on how sh*t Gini was here...

Gini would have made f all difference yesterday.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #731: Nov 08, 2021 08:42:44 am
      Disappointing

Had to lose at some point, see you all after international break, where I'm sure we will go on another long un beaten run. ;-)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #732: Nov 08, 2021 08:49:12 am
      The idea that Harvey Elliot was going to be our key man on the midfield this season is laughable I’d wager half the forum hadn’t even seen him play until the start of this season.

Our midfield needs more reliable players in there, and Gini was as reliable as they came when it came to staying fit. Whichever way you cut it our midfield is weaker than last season.

I also don’t know why it’s controversial to say FSG should have replaced Gini, that isn’t asking us to spend like the chavs or city, it’s actually asking us to spend like a mid table team to be honest - I.e replace your players so you aren’t short. Unfortunately we are short.

As someone said above, we could be so much more with Jürgen at the helm, even just a modest investment and we would fly.  But instead we do it all on a shoestring.

Yeah Elliot and Gini are completely different players.

I think with Elliot Klopp was trying to play a slightly different midfield with one of the 3 more advanced rather than 3 CM’s.

Gini has left a huge hole as he was the one who would fill in the gaps which it seems Ox and Hendo are incapable of doing.

Still criminal that one of our midfield didn’t bring Bowen down.

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #733: Nov 08, 2021 08:56:40 am
      Am trying to quote Lallana in Pyjamas post number 664 relating to Klopp spending £560 million since his arrival but it won't let me quote the post.

This is what pisses me off about some supporters on this forum and in public in general. At least try and put things into perspective.

Klopp has actually spent £97,950,000. Link to information is here - https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/Jürgen-klopp-lfc-transfer-signings.html

Amount spent on players in under Klopp - 41 Players Bought: £514,050,000.

Amount recouped on player sales under Klopp - 44 Players Sold: £416,100,000.

This equates to a spend of £19,590,000 per Season based on a 5 Season spread. When you actually use and demonstrate perspective it just highlights what a phenomenal job Klopp has done in his time here.

Anyone can say that Klopp has spent £560,000,000 in his time here, though the above figures and article link dispute that. When you make that statement without mentioning the fact that Klopp had to recoup £416,100,000 of that amount through moving players out of the Club then you are truly doing a disservice to the outstanding job he has actually done.

Guardiola has spent £918,017,363 since he took over. He has recouped £351,350,000. Equating to a net spend of roughly £120,000,000 per Season.

Just shy of £20 million per Season is Championship level spending. Let that sink in for a minute.

Klopp is a genius. Could Pep do what Klopp has done here? I doubt it. Pep is used to getting everything he wants, Klopp isn't afforded that luxury, yet he produces consistently. We are lucky to have him.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #734: Nov 08, 2021 09:10:11 am
      Can I ask genuinely

A first defeat in 25 games, against a very solid team, but effectively the loss was our own making, why do we feel the need to question everything? Why did we not buy him, why did we sell him, weve only spent this, should have played him etc etc

Us city and chelsea all on 1 defeat so far..You reckon chelsea and citys world collapsed when they lost? Were off top because we have drawn 2 more games then chelsea......that can be made up in the next 2 games

I really think some people need to relax before posting, have a little think about it. Whatever about in game when emotions are flying but afterwards when you have time to think.

We lost a game for the first time in 6 months by making some basic errors, not playing very well and not taking some of our own decent efforts.

Really its not a disaster and conversing about things that cant be changed or controlled now isnt going to change anything. 4 points off top in early November, yeah Ill take that....ill come back in a panic on new years day if were more than 8 points off top
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #735: Nov 08, 2021 09:25:47 am
      Seemed to be beaten by a well organised West Ham side, although to be fair battled until the end, with a good goal from Origi. The worst part there being another annoying International break. Hopefully we will bounce back straight away to move closer to our rivals Chelsea & City.

Quick Reply