Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      16 (27.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      13 (22%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.7%)
       Fabinho
      4 (6.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.7%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      2 (3.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (5.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (3.4%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      15 (25.4%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Nov 11, 2021 06:29:38 pm

West Ham United 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 20107 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Re: West Ham United 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Nov 07, 2021 07:49:15 pm
      Elliott was playing in the same role as Gini as the start of the season until he got hurt

That means nothing, Harvey is a good player but he’s offensive minded. Gini was possession and recycle first, everything else afterwards. We are feeling the effects of no Gini, but of course it’s easier said than down just plugging in a replacement.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Re: Live: West Ham V Liverpool
      Reply #645: Nov 07, 2021 07:49:42 pm
      He would have started 90% of the games just like he did in his 5 years with us. I’m not against freshening up the squad and something had to give given our aging midfield…

Wijnaldum gave his all and the best years of his career to Liverpool. Sad to spin it as a greedy player who moved for the money when all he wanted was a contract and salary in line with his contributions to the club for half a decade. Just like anyone else would have wanted and rightly deserved to be fair.

He left for a bumper pay day and got one at PSG , he was offered a contract with us and it was turned down. He went to the club in the summer who offered him the highest wage
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #646: Nov 07, 2021 07:50:54 pm

Did we not spend ÂŁ35mil on Konate ?!

This is all reactionary bullshit - were you crying like a girl when Elliot was starting the season in midfield

As for Shaqiri - the man did f**k bar a couple of crosses and goals against UTD - this season Taki has already scored more goals than Shaqiri did last season

We have 8 centre mids in the team - one with a serious injury and the rest will be back in the next couple of weeks

It’s our first defeat of the season in all comps - the way some are reacting it’s as if the title is gone already

We played sh*t against a very good West Ham team - Alisson had a mare with the first , poor defending for the season and a very good FK for the 3rd

We also missed plenty of chances mainly Mane missed a couple of sitters

The knifes are certainly out for the likes of Ox and Robbo etc but it’s just a poor game.

City and Chelsea are also going to drop points - the season is far from done

No one is denying that we spent ÂŁ35 million on Konate though?

It’s not about Elliott having played well in 2 games. Jones played well in a couple of games last season too. Neither of them are anywhere near good enough yet to play in midfield for Liverpool consistently, far too inconsistent in their performances and yes I’m comfortable saying that about Elliott too, no matter how good he looked early on in the season. You don’t replace a PL and CL winner with Wijnaldum’s record with an 18 year old fresh out of the Championship.

People can keep banging on about our numbers in midfield, yet it’s clear that the issue isn’t the numbers, it’s the availability and quality we have and sadly enough, half of those 8 aren’t good enough anymore or not good enough yet to play 40 games a season. I’d rather get rid off 3 of those 8 if it meant bringing in a replacement for Wijnaldum (as in - rarely ever injured and solid as a rock defensively and in terms of workrate).

People also aren’t looking at this game in isolation. It is irrelevant that it is the first defeat of the season. What people are worried about and what you call “reactionary” is that there is a pattern. This game isn’t a one of, it’s another game in a series of games. Milan, Brentford, Atletico, Brighton and now West-Ham. We concede far too many chances resulting in goals. We scored at least twice in all of these games, yet with some bad luck, we don’t win a single one of them.

Title is nowhere near gone and as you say, both Chelsea and City will be dropping points as well, but don’t call what people are saying ‘reactionary bullshit’.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #647: Nov 07, 2021 07:51:36 pm
      You would think we had chance after chance todaymissing sitters my arse and as for the crying about transfers we bought Konate that was it look who Chelsea United all brought without Klopp were would be nowhere

United ?!  :lmao: seriously ?

And yes Chelsea who made a profit in the summer are a grand total of 4 points ahead 🤦‍♂️

Mane missed two sitters , Mo missed a couple of great chances as well
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #648: Nov 07, 2021 07:51:53 pm

He left for a bumper pay day and got one at PSG , he was offered a contract with us and it was turned down. He went to the club in the summer who offered him the highest wage

Yes he did and that is his choice but once he left common sense says replace him you pulled that nose out yet
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #649: Nov 07, 2021 07:52:07 pm

I believe it was you who posted crying about signings not made in the summer. Crying about not replacing Shaqiri ffs 🤦‍♂️

We have 8 centre mids - 8 ! Not 3 ?

Fabinho played sh*t not because he is unfit or playing too many games - he just had a poor game , it happens at times , same wigh VvD , Henderson , TAA etc - people always looking for some excuse to bring in signings and transfers.

We missed sitters today - , we allowed players to run behind because the back line were sitting very high - we lost because of poor application and mistakes.

Yet every time we drop a point there is always the same crying about transfers

About today I've already said .. "I've already said I don't think we lost today due to midfielders, we had Hendo/Fab/Thiago available, think we lost it at the back etc" :)

Regarding investment in the midfield, we can take that into the FSG thread.  You think we're fine in the middle, I think we could have done with signing someone after Gini and Shaq left in the summer.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #650: Nov 07, 2021 07:52:17 pm
      People need to reflect on the game so much reactionary sh*te on here bringing up old players , blaming the ref blah blah . We didn't play well and still probably deserved a point two great chances and they had very little . Two set pieces and poor keeping and defending.  On another day we might of get the benefit of some refereeing decisions,  today we didn't.  We move on and two weeks to get some players back in to fitness

Mate bar thiago that's probably our best 11 out there today  ... can argue over jota and firmino.

How can you say we deserved a point? We were awful all over the pitch. Blaming the ref, injuries ... and not for the first time this season missing guilt edged chances just doesn't wash im afraid. We are shipping goals right left and centre. We deserved nothing today and we got nothing. We came out fast a f**king sleep in a big game ....

So you get keita back for another cameo, gomez, Jones etc ... are they really going to make the difference ... I dont see it. Bobby is a miss obviously but he should never have been on the pitch the other night in a game and group that was won .... but thats another point entirely.

The cracks are there ... getting wider. JĂźrgen doesn't want to use minamino and origi unless it's a lost cause. What are we doing? What are we doing without sadio and Mo in January. If someone offered me 3rd or 4th I'd take it right now.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      Reply #651: Nov 07, 2021 07:54:47 pm
      I also want to say that Ali did nothing wrong. Maybe he could have defended one of the goals, but that would have been a bonus. MOTM was Salah who finally shows maxi and tries to go back to defend or to tackle someone. Didn't see it from him in previous seasons.

Didn't you really watch Allison today
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #652: Nov 07, 2021 07:57:10 pm
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #653: Nov 07, 2021 07:57:54 pm
      Elliott was playing in the same role as Gini as the start of the season until he got hurt

Personally I don’t think they did. Elliott played higher up from the right to link up with Mo and Trent and generally had two more defensive midfielders with him. Gini played more deeper and had a completely different role in the side in that he was the workhorse covering others and was rock solid at the back.

Said it before, I think we have too many of the offensive midfielders and we are short of a defensive one given we won the title and CL playing at least two workhorses (3 the majority of the time). That and the fact the majority of the midfielders are injury prone.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #654: Nov 07, 2021 08:00:02 pm
      Who the f**k has give Trent MotM?

If you're choosing him as your man of the match then you haven't got a clue. Free kick aside, he was the worst player on the pitch, closely followed by Robbo.

It was an awful performance from him, more lazy than anything else 
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #655: Nov 07, 2021 08:03:24 pm

I believe it was you who posted crying about signings not made in the summer. Crying about not replacing Shaqiri ffs 🤦‍♂️

We have 8 centre mids - 8 ! Not 3 ?

Fabinho played sh*t not because he is unfit or playing too many games - he just had a poor game , it happens at times , same wigh VvD , Henderson , TAA etc - people always looking for some excuse to bring in signings and transfers.

We missed sitters today - , we allowed players to run behind because the back line were sitting very high - we lost because of poor application and mistakes.

Yet every time we drop a point there is always the same crying about transfers

What you’re saying is true but what other people are saying is also true, but you won’t accept it because you have spent a lengthy time on these boards arguing, particularly with Stuey, about FSG. You are equally as stubborn as he is.

We lost today because we were sh*te. All 11 players were sh*te. And these games happen. All that is obviously true.

But we’re in the first week of November and we’re already short on bodies, particularly in midfield, just like many said we would be - which you rubbished off.

Ox played today who is probably last in pecking order, do you agree with that? A fit milner or keita start ahead of him and even the likes of Elliott and Jones do. So we’re on our last choice in pecking order in bloody November. It also doesn’t help that we are constantly swapping and changing players either. Rotation is needed but so is consistency and we had that with Gini.

You have posted pages and pages of tripe saying Thiago was ginis replacement which clearly isn’t true. That argument has now been moved to Elliott. So in your eyes Gini has not one, but two replacements.

Elliott has always been a wide man and he has never played in midfield. You said it was a ridiculous suggestion to play Trent in midfield for the time being (despite playing there for the majority of his youth career), and repeatedly said he has no experience other than half a game for England. Yet you were happy for Elliott to play in there on the back off some performances in training and a pre season game or two. Quite remarkable really and it shows how you contradict yourself.

You’re also that naive/stubborn that you fail to understand (or even consider) that because we had no replacement for Gini due to FSGs lack of spending, klopp was forced to work with what he had available and perhaps try players in different positions to fill gaps. You suggest it was all part of the plan. Again, just remarkable.

You’re also that stubborn that you even said last week that you don’t think we need to sign anybody, even though it’s blatantly obvious that we do. But of course that would go against everything you said in the summer, wouldn’t it?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #656: Nov 07, 2021 08:05:01 pm

Lazy? I wonder what you watch sometimes.

Has anybody got the players running stats to hand? Because I didn’t find him lazy.

Sloppy and caught out of position several times though? Yes.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #657: Nov 07, 2021 08:07:46 pm

He wasn't great defensively but he scored a cracking equaliser, assisted another and could have had another assist if Mane had nodded in at the death
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #658: Nov 07, 2021 08:10:10 pm

Has anybody got the players running stats to hand? Because I didn’t find him lazy.

Think he was struggling with a knock as well . Defensive positioning questionable on numerous occasions but I am afraid going to have to offset that against his offensive qualities such as the goal and almost assist with Mane
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #659: Nov 07, 2021 08:12:33 pm
      The club provides its own budget based on the income of the club. And why does Elliott’s age matter 🤷‍♂️ There are 7 other centre mids in the squad as well - 8 players for 3 roles

who gives a F**k what some flat arsed account says. This is the EPL if you want to compete with the big boys then you have to splash the cash. FSG have seen their investment probably grow 10x so get the F***ing wallet out and buy players who can compete at this level.
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #660: Nov 07, 2021 08:14:51 pm
      Mate bar thiago that's probably our best 11 out there today  ... can argue over jota and firmino.

How can you say we deserved a point? We were awful all over the pitch. Blaming the ref, injuries ... and not for the first time this season missing guilt edged chances just doesn't wash im afraid. We are shipping goals right left and centre. We deserved nothing today and we got nothing. We came out fast a f**king sleep in a big game ....

So you get keita back for another cameo, gomez, Jones etc ... are they really going to make the difference ... I dont see it. Bobby is a miss obviously but he should never have been on the pitch the other night in a game and group that was won .... but thats another point entirely.

The cracks are there ... getting wider. JĂźrgen doesn't want to use minamino and origi unless it's a lost cause. What are we doing? What are we doing without sadio and Mo in January. If someone offered me 3rd or 4th I'd take it right now.

I said we where poor but the point is they had 3 shots on target not 12 . And Mane scores we draw. Can sit and argue all day long about the quality on show and the team was weaker at OT and won 5 . We didn't play well but hey ho it happens more than I would have liked but we have to move on
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      Reply #661: Nov 07, 2021 08:15:55 pm
      who gives a f**k what some flat arsed account says. This is the EPL if you want to compete with the big boys then you have to splash the cash. FSG have seen their investment probably grow 10x so get the f**king wallet out and buy players who can compete at this level.

Absolutely spot on FSG are rolling on what they have made from LFC, time to invest and time for Lallana to pull his nose out of JH' s
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #662: Nov 07, 2021 08:16:14 pm

Yes lazy - lazy with the ball , lazy off the ball , poor positioning , poor with the ball .
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,014 posts | 523 
      Reply #663: Nov 07, 2021 08:16:18 pm
      Really don't think the centre of midfield was the problem today. Hendo, Fab and even Ox all played ok (at least until Fab ran out of puff about the hour mark). The problem was our FBs both played sh*te and put in virtually nothing of quality, in a game where the opposition had packed the centre and all the space was out wide. Plus our defending of corners was pish.

There is an argument to be had about whether we should have bought another CM in the summer, but that was not what cost us today. We had our 2 best CMs starting, and our 3rd came off the bench. None of them played that badly - they dominated possession and fed the fullbacks often enough, but the FBs did nothing with it. Likewise our ineptitude in defending corners is hardly our CMs fault.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #664: Nov 07, 2021 08:17:17 pm
      who gives a f**k what some flat arsed account says. This is the EPL if you want to compete with the big boys then you have to splash the cash. FSG have seen their investment probably grow 10x so get the f**king wallet out and buy players who can compete at this level.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Who’s wallet do you want to see ?

And ÂŁ560mil spent since Klopp arrived yet some still cry about money spent
      Tadders

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #665: Nov 07, 2021 08:18:43 pm
      The ox maybe finished here 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #666: Nov 07, 2021 08:18:53 pm
      Absolutely spot on FSG are rolling on what they have made from LFC, time to invest and time for Lallana to pull his nose out of JH' s

its my biggest concern about FSG they are in credit to over ÂŁ2billion on what they have put in but there is no sign of any of that wealth being put back into the team. Time for th etalk to stop and in January buy some world class midfield palyers

Quick Reply