Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      16 (27.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      13 (22%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.7%)
       Fabinho
      4 (6.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.7%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      2 (3.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (5.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (3.4%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      15 (25.4%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Nov 11, 2021 06:29:38 pm

West Ham United 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 20166 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Re: West Ham United 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: Nov 07, 2021 08:19:08 pm
      Yes lazy - lazy with the ball , lazy off the ball , poor positioning , poor with the ball .

He was caught out of position numerous times. He has half a dozen of these games every single season because guess what? He’s not a natural right back!

But, as others have said, what he brings to our offensive play more than makes up for it and even though he had a stinker today, he still scored a belter and could have had an assist or two.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #668: Nov 07, 2021 08:21:13 pm
      As usual, a lot of over reactions after a poor performance / result.  This was our first loss of the season, we are only 4 points off first with 81 still to play for, and we have finished 1st in the hardest CL group with 2 games to spare.  We had a bad day at to office and it seems even worse because it's happened hot on the heels of letting a 2 goal lead slip against Brighton.  But we're still in good shape.  At Christmas last season we looked like we were going to run away with the league, but nothing is easy in this league.  I'm sure we will rebound and will still be in the title conversation come April / May.   
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #669: Nov 07, 2021 08:22:33 pm
      Remember gini scoring 2 against barca

It’s not about what happened 3 years ago or whatever it was, it’s about last season. I’m not even going to bother replying to the rest of your post about Gini because you are clearly in the ‘Gini was perfect’ camp.

I bet you were one of those saying Brentford will take points off other big teams

I wasn’t actually. I said at the time it was a sh*t result and not good enough and that will be one of the games that could potentially cost us this season.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #670: Nov 07, 2021 08:23:04 pm

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Who’s wallet do you want to see ?

And £560mil spent since Klopp arrived yet some still cry about money spent

bla bla bla the usual defensive crap they have over £2billion sitting in the club that they could release some large amount of without making any difference to the solvency of the club or FFP. Stop this F***ing pathetic idology with FSG they are here to make money not win Trophies when will you learn that
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #671: Nov 07, 2021 08:23:37 pm

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Who’s wallet do you want to see ?

And £560mil spent since Klopp arrived yet some still cry about money spent

ITS NOT THERE MONEY IT BELONGS TO THE CLUB
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,943 posts | 3411 
      Reply #672: Nov 07, 2021 08:24:00 pm
      its my biggest concern about FSG they are in credit to over £2billion on what they have put in but there is no sign of any of that wealth being put back into the team. Time for th etalk to stop and in January buy some world class midfield palyers

How the hell are they in credit by over £2bn ?!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,943 posts | 3411 
      Reply #673: Nov 07, 2021 08:25:10 pm
      He was caught out of position numerous times. He has half a dozen of these games every single season because guess what? He’s not a natural right back!

But, as others have said, what he brings to our offensive play more than makes up for it and even though he had a stinker today, he still scored a belter and could have had an assist or two.

It’s ok to be critical of players - he was poor today , that’s all , just a poor performance, yes he contributed going forward with the goal but still doesn’t excuse his poor play at the back
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,943 posts | 3411 
      Reply #674: Nov 07, 2021 08:25:41 pm
      ITS NOT THERE MONEY IT BELONGS TO THE CLUB

What are you talking about
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #675: Nov 07, 2021 08:27:59 pm

How the hell are they in credit by over £2bn ?!

now you are just being thick
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,943 posts | 3411 
      Reply #676: Nov 07, 2021 08:28:51 pm

Do you think there is a pot of money sitting there waiting to be spent or something ?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,252 posts | 4931 
      Reply #677: Nov 07, 2021 08:31:34 pm

I wouldn't bother as I think he's another one who confuses a value of a business with the actual money they have in reserves.

Back to the game and I knew this would be a tough one but the issue is we're far too open to grind a 1-0 at the moment.

Stems from midfield for me and we seem to still not have the balance quite right especially when Keita isn't playing.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #678: Nov 07, 2021 08:33:04 pm
      Do you think there is a pot of money sitting there waiting to be spent or something ?

you really are thick arent you.
      The club is valued over £3billion I was being kind allowing for the purchase and spend being around £1billion. Do you even understand how business works they all use borrowing especially as the last 5 years or more have had virtually zero interest rates .So FSG are accumilating wealth and not investing in the club I doubt many if any clubs have a better ratio
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #679: Nov 07, 2021 08:34:32 pm
      I wouldn't bother as I think he's another one who confuses a value of a business with the actual money they have in reserves.

Back to the game and I knew this would be a tough one but the issue is we're far too open to grind a 1-0 at the moment.

Stems from midfield for me and we seem to still not have the balance quite right especially when Keita isn't playing.

Agree mate we need a real revamp of our midfield its either too young and in experienced or too old and injury prone
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,943 posts | 3411 
      Reply #680: Nov 07, 2021 08:34:46 pm
      you really are thick arent you.
      The club is valued over £3billion I was being kind allowing for the purchase and spend being around £1billion. Do you even understand how business works they all use borrowing especially as the last 5 years or more have had virtually zero interest rates .So FSG are accumilating wealth and not investing in the club I doubt many if any clubs have a better ratio

Just because a club is “valued” at £3bn doesn’t mean there is £3bn to spend

So you want them to start taking out loans against the club to spend on players ?
      rossyred

• 9,290 posts | 1664 
      Reply #681: Nov 07, 2021 08:35:15 pm

Some people fail to see the importance of Naby to our midfield and its balance
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,943 posts | 3411 
      Reply #682: Nov 07, 2021 08:36:08 pm

Yep agree about Naby and even Jones to an extent who prob would have played today
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #683: Nov 07, 2021 08:36:11 pm

Just because a club is “valued” at £3bn doesn’t mean there is £3bn to spend

So you want them to start taking out loans against the club to spend on players ?

mate you need to stop your just looking silly.How many businesses in the world in the FTSE or any other Stock market are cash rich they exist becasue of borrowing ,
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,943 posts | 3411 
      Reply #684: Nov 07, 2021 08:37:42 pm
      mate you need to stop your just looking silly.How many businesses in the world in the FTSE or any other Stock market are cash rich they exist becasue of borrowing ,

And as per FFP rules the club have borrowed to extend the stadium. The club are not going to start taking loans out so there is money to buy players
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #685: Nov 07, 2021 08:38:54 pm
      I said we where poor but the point is they had 3 shots on target not 12 . And Mane scores we draw. Can sit and argue all day long about the quality on show and the team was weaker at OT and won 5 . We didn't play well but hey ho it happens more than I would have liked but we have to move on

If we hadn't missed sitters AGAIN ... if we hadn't of let 3 in again  ... ifs,  buts, the refs fault ... bottom line is we arnt good enough.

We were lucky to get a point at Brentford and lucky at home to Brighton. Without alisson we wouldn't be talking about what is now an almost average start to the season ... it would be worse.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,323 posts | 6380 
      Reply #686: Nov 07, 2021 08:40:59 pm

And as per FFP rules the club have borrowed to extend the stadium. The club are not going to start taking loans out so there is money to buy players

So are you saying that there isn’t money to buy players?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,943 posts | 3411 
      Reply #687: Nov 07, 2021 08:43:33 pm
      So are you saying that there isn’t money to buy players?

The club spends what it makes - the clubs income will determine what funds are there to be spent on players

For example they have prob spent about £30mil on signing on fees for the multiple players signing new contracts - that we all be from the same pot
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #688: Nov 07, 2021 08:44:47 pm
      UTD are £500mil in debt Chelsea have inter company loans of £1.5 billion God knows about City. Newcastle now come to th eparty but we will get an award for being the most solvent and debt free club
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #689: Nov 07, 2021 08:47:11 pm
      So what return will be when you consider that City are on 23 and Chelsea 26 🤦‍♂️

Well has 76 points won a title recently? 2 points a game is top 4.

Quick Reply