Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      16 (27.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      13 (22%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.7%)
       Fabinho
      4 (6.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.7%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      2 (3.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (5.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (3.4%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      15 (25.4%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Nov 11, 2021 06:29:38 pm

West Ham United 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19510 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Re: West Ham United 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Nov 08, 2021 02:06:21 pm
      First goal should have been overruled. Player jumped into the keeper with both arms and it was a blatant foul. Believe Virg got a goal called back against United for much less contact than that with De Gea (maybe year before last?).

That said, Alli has to basically bulldoze that mf'er to punch the ball, leaving him bloody on the ground if need be. So while the wrong call was made, Alli could have done more so that it wasn't left to that.

Second goal I thought there was an offside that could have been called. The offside player didn't receive the ball, but he was the one that both defenders ended up keying on which is what freed up the other player to make his run. Matip totally went with the offside player and i personally think it should have been called offside.

Third goal you could make a shout again for obstruction, but ultimately zonal marking did us in there and how Zouma of all people get's a free run I'm not sure. Not really putting that one on Allison.

The referee was beyond sh*t yesterday, most games I would say you have to overcome that but 1-2 goals that should have been disallowed and we should have been playing against 10 men for most of the game? That's 2 points that were stolen from us. But it is what it is. I do think we have a large Gini shaped hole in our midfield right now with the players we have struggling to fit into it. Problem is I don't see any solution for it short of bringing him back so Klopp is going to have to work around it. And we aren't buying anyone in January so hopefully no one gets any ideas about bringing someone in then.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #760: Nov 08, 2021 02:10:54 pm
      First goal should have been overruled. Player jumped into the keeper with both arms and it was a blatant foul. Believe Virg got a goal called back against United for much less contact than that with De Gea (maybe year before last?).

That said, Alli has to basically bulldoze that mf'er to punch the ball, leaving him bloody on the ground if need be. So while the wrong call was made, Alli could have done more so that it wasn't left to that.

Second goal I thought there was an offside that could have been called. The offside player didn't receive the ball, but he was the one that both defenders ended up keying on which is what freed up the other player to make his run. Matip totally went with the offside player and i personally think it should have been called offside.

Third goal you could make a shout again for obstruction, but ultimately zonal marking did us in there and how Zouma of all people get's a free run I'm not sure. Not really putting that one on Allison.

The referee was beyond sh*t yesterday, most games I would say you have to overcome that but 1-2 goals that should have been disallowed and we should have been playing against 10 men for most of the game? That's 2 points that were stolen from us. But it is what it is. I do think we have a large Gini shaped hole in our midfield right now with the players we have struggling to fit into it. Problem is I don't see any solution for it short of bringing him back so Klopp is going to have to work around it. And we aren't buying anyone in January so hopefully no one gets any ideas about bringing someone in then.

For the second goal Matip went to the ball carrier ( Bowen) and basically left Fornals and Antonio
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #761: Nov 08, 2021 02:12:20 pm
      Ali does have a few more bad games than he did I suppose but I wouldn't swap him with anyone. I wouldn't claim to know one scrap of what JK knows about management but I really can't fathom why you'd allow two attackers to surround your keeper, VVD and Matip should've been either side of Ali and 'guided' the attackers away as the ball came over.
      A long way to go, I think you get the two extremes on here, the doomsday merchants and over optimists. We can win the league this year but if we do it just highlights what a great job Klopp does, I think we punch above our weight for the money available to Klopp.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #762: Nov 08, 2021 02:13:21 pm

Unfortunately if we are going to start calling that offside then we need to be saying one of the Bobby goals vs Watford shouldn’t have stood because Salah was offside and forced the defender into making a block that results in us scoring.

IMO, we can have very few complaints about any of their 3 goals and I’m sure if we’d scored any of the 3 but ended up having one of them ruled out, we’d be saying how it was the wrong decision. Ultimately Alisson was hiding away and made more attempt to get the goal ruled out than he did to try and stop the goal. It’s no coincidence that every team we play stick their corners right under the bar, remember the season before last Burnley scored direct from a corner. Commanding his 6 yard box on corners is a big weakness Ali has and yesterday he was massively caught out.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #763: Nov 08, 2021 02:13:36 pm
      according to that tw*t of a ref on SKY the first goal was ok Hendo's assault should have been a yellow and Mo dived for the free kick. We do lack that bit of dynamic pace in midfield a box to box player as Hendo. Fab and Thiago havent got much pace. However we have like last season been dealt some pretty low blows with injuries in midfield. Just as we see Naby looking like the player we all hoped for he is out. Young Harvey was coming along fantastically and Curtis has had a few injuries this season and just hasnt got going and Milly is not Superman.
      Still think if we played that game again we would win it convincingly. Maybe this is a good defeat as it can refocus the team on sorting out some of the costly mistakes of late. All in all CL 4 wins on the bounce and 4 points of the top I can think of other teams who would kill to be in this position
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #764: Nov 08, 2021 02:16:09 pm
      studs to the kneee, Ive seen reds for far less

it wasnt even deemed a foul so next time Hendo hit the ground screaming in pain and roll about like you had been shot it seems the only way these days.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #765: Nov 08, 2021 02:26:14 pm
      I'm gobsmacked that some of you think the first goal was a foul on the keeper, normally it's based on rose tinted glasses but are some of you that biased you see what you want, that or your smoking the stuff Aussie Red does.  :cool-smiley-027: Don't think even Ian would say that was a foul.

The player was in front of the keeper, it's not up to  West Ham player to be concerned what's behind him. Alisson jumped slight towards the player anyway. Seriously, get a grip you lads who think that was a foul.  :f_doh:

ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #766: Nov 08, 2021 02:45:14 pm
      All of a sudden, the Gini player who did nothing spectacular apart from scoring a few key goals, who goes missing in games, and cost us a mere £23m is now a world class player we are missing.

And so Robbo is what you get for £7m. Awful.

And who says paying a record fee for a goalie pays off? It doesn't.

Which means we need to buy a few more marquee players at above £80m to strengthen the squad.

Me sounds stupid.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #767: Nov 08, 2021 02:46:37 pm
      I'm gobsmacked that some of you think the first goal was a foul on the keeper, normally it's based on rose tinted glasses but are some of you that biased you see what you want, that or your smoking the stuff Aussie Red does.  :cool-smiley-027: Don't think even Ian would say that was a foul.

The player was in front of the keeper, it's not up to  West Ham player to be concerned what's behind him. Alisson jumped slight towards the player anyway. Seriously, get a grip you lads who think that was a foul.  :f_doh:

No one on here really gives a sh*t what you think. Just so you know.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #768: Nov 08, 2021 02:53:48 pm
      Ali was weak for the 3rd goal but there was little aggression from our defenders. We need to get a bit nasty we are far too nice we never challenge the ref and the game at UTD should have seen someone put Ronaldo out for a count of ten  for what he did to Curtis.
      The extreme would be Athletico Madrid but we are the other end of the spectrum and are far to sporting. We need a lesson in the Dark Arts
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #769: Nov 08, 2021 03:17:57 pm

Did the player touch the ball? No
      Did the player touch the keeper? Yes
      Did the player move towards the keeper? Yes, with his right arm outstretched towards the keeper
      Did the player's involvement affect the keepers ability to clear the ball? Obviously yes

Alisson should have done better. Should have been stronger. But it's a foul. No matter what you think or the ref. He didn't give anything at all for the dangerous foul on Henderson either so just goes to show...

Let's just put a player in front of the keeper and have him jump into him every time now then..  :roll:

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #770: Nov 08, 2021 03:42:35 pm
      No one on here really gives a sh*t what you think. Just so you know.

You still spit your dummy out coz i had you running away with your tail between your legs on the manc thread. :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #771: Nov 08, 2021 03:43:53 pm
      Did the player touch the ball? No
      Did the player touch the keeper? Yes
      Did the player move towards the keeper? Yes, with his right arm outstretched towards the keeper
      Did the player's involvement affect the keepers ability to clear the ball? Obviously yes

Alisson should have done better. Should have been stronger. But it's a foul. No matter what you think or the ref. He didn't give anything at all for the dangerous foul on Henderson either so just goes to show...

Let's just put a player in front of the keeper and have him jump into him every time now then..  :roll:

I missed ref watch on sky sports  what did they say Dan?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #772: Nov 08, 2021 03:48:31 pm
      All of a sudden, the Gini player who did nothing spectacular apart from scoring a few key goals, who goes missing in games, and cost us a mere £23m is now a world class player we are missing.

And so Robbo is what you get for £7m. Awful.

And who says paying a record fee for a goalie pays off? It doesn't.

Which means we need to buy a few more marquee players at above £80m to strengthen the squad.

Me sounds stupid.

I’ve read some sh*te on this forum over the years but this is up there.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #773: Nov 08, 2021 04:06:22 pm
      Alison should have done better on the three goals but where was the defensive help, you could see he was being dominated bt the West Ham player. Why wasn't someone protecting Alisson, bad enough the first goal but again on the third
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #774: Nov 08, 2021 04:29:38 pm
      Hes class but he was weak on the first goal he needs to use his weight more. The 2nd goal, no excuse not to save that in any which way you look at it

I don't even blame Alisson for the second. That should be heaped on Fab and the centre-backs.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #775: Nov 08, 2021 04:34:18 pm
      I missed ref watch on sky sports  what did they say Dan?

Actually, I did watch it  :lmao: waste of time though as that Gallagher just defended the ref on every single issue regardless 😆
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #776: Nov 08, 2021 04:38:49 pm
      Actually, I did watch it  :lmao: waste of time though as that Gallagher just defended the ref on every single issue regardless 😆

They do defend ref  more  often than not but pretty much on the ball really.  I take it from your responce it never went your way.  ;D
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #777: Nov 08, 2021 04:44:46 pm
      I’ve read some sh*te on this forum over the years but this is up there.

This was the sh*te I read over the years. I’m just rounding it all up. One moment we bought well, the next moment the players we bought are sh*te. And we should have bought some more to reinforce. There’s a few of us who are very hard to please. Thanks for confirming this sh*te I have summarised.

You’re frustrated and so am I.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #778: Nov 08, 2021 04:59:11 pm
      If Sadio mane doesn't miss 2 sitters from less than 6 yards we would have probably won the game, thought we played well for the most part, and on another day Ali would have done better than he did, it is what it is, we have only lost 1 game, not the end of the world.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #779: Nov 08, 2021 05:14:08 pm

I really think some people need to relax before posting, have a little think about it. Whatever about in game when emotions are flying but afterwards when you have time to think.

We lost a game for the first time in 6 months by making some basic errors, not playing very well and not taking some of our own decent efforts.

Quite possibly the best piece of advice i have seen on these boards for a long long time.

We have gotten so used to success that we are now bordering on the precipice of arrogance over confidence. The arrogance manifesting itself into people believing we have a God given right to win every game we play. Life doesn't work like that, work hard and you get the rewards, the second you ease off and think you have made it reality will kick you in the head.

It will kick you hard. Very hard.

People need to remember where we were six years ago and be thankful for what we have now and what we can still achieve.

Yesterdays result was down to one simple fact. West Ham worked harder than we did. They were more disciplined.

We accept defeat, learn from it and move on.

We can still win everything, why the panic?

Relax................... ...

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #780: Nov 08, 2021 05:27:56 pm
      If.

If.

If.

'If' is the word used to deflect from the fact that someone or something did not materialize as was expected or should be expected.

The fault falls firmly at the entity or entities in any given situation that fail to do what they are expected to do.

It is purely the deflection of blame.

Apportioning it to some other possibility instead of holding person or persons accountable for their failings.

This is when teams, institutions and societies collapse.

An inability to accept failure.

It's fine, we lost a game of football, we'll lose more games. The most important thing is that we will win many many more than we lose.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #781: Nov 08, 2021 05:39:40 pm
      This thread now has more pages in it than the complete annihilation of United one. People love misery and having something to complain about, which is why whenever we drop points you see people crawl from under their rocks when otherwise they don't when we're winning as dropping points gives people who love to push an agenda a window in which to puff their chest and say "i told you so".

Last year we went scoreless in 6 games at Anfield over a 2-month period because we didn't replace Lovren. This year Alisson is letting soft goals in and Van Dijk is getting his ankles torn by Griezmann because we didn't replace Gini, the same Gini that many complained about going invisible too often. When we drop points rational analysis and dissecting of the game is overpowered by the agenda of the season.

Quick Reply