Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      16 (27.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      13 (22%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.7%)
       Fabinho
      4 (6.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.7%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      2 (3.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (5.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (3.4%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      15 (25.4%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Nov 11, 2021 06:29:38 pm

West Ham United 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19458 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Re: West Ham United 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #782: Nov 08, 2021 05:53:15 pm
      Quite possibly the best piece of advice i have seen on these boards for a long long time.

We have gotten so used to success that we are now bordering on the precipice of arrogance over confidence. The arrogance manifesting itself into people believing we have a God given right to win every game we play. Life doesn't work like that, work hard and you get the rewards, the second you ease off and think you have made it reality will kick you in the head.

It will kick you hard. Very hard.

People need to remember where we were six years ago and be thankful for what we have now and what we can still achieve.

Yesterdays result was down to one simple fact. West Ham worked harder than we did. They were more disciplined.

We accept defeat, learn from it and move on.

We can still win everything, why the panic?

Relax................... ...

Many others have said exactly the same.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #783: Nov 08, 2021 06:11:23 pm
      Just seeing it again , it’s a bit odd that an absolutely shocking challenge goes in on Henderson and not a single one of our players reacts. They all do absolutely nothing. Maybe they didn’t have a great view, but you could see on TV it was a bad one. And I’ve absolutely no idea why nobody just grabbed hold of Bowen and took a yellow on the 2nd goal. Maybe we are too nice…

Agree our players, especially in midfield are too soft, fragile flower as someone say.
      For WHU first goal, our players should protect Ali much better. Our players seemed afraid to be aggressive even in situations that it need to be one.
      For their second goal I belived if it's Milner or Thiago in our mifiled they surely stop WHU player but I'm surprise none of Ox/Fab or Robbo our experienced players do anything.
      It's not end of the world we lost this game but I'm disappointed of our players performance.     
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #784: Nov 08, 2021 06:16:26 pm
      This thread now has more pages in it than the complete annihilation of United one. People love misery and having something to complain about, which is why whenever we drop points you see people crawl from under their rocks when otherwise they don't when we're winning as dropping points gives people who love to push an agenda a window in which to puff their chest and say "i told you so".

Last year we went scoreless in 6 games at Anfield over a 2-month period because we didn't replace Lovren. This year Alisson is letting soft goals in and Van Dijk is getting his ankles torn by Griezmann because we didn't replace Gini, the same Gini that many complained about going invisible too often. When we drop points rational analysis and dissecting of the game is overpowered by the agenda of the season.

That’s because, like it or not there is always more to talk about after a poor performance. Nothing wrong with that, obviously people posting about how Klopp is crap without Buvac and this and that is incredibly knee jerk. But, you can’t pretend everything is rosy all of the time and when you constantly win, you can only say so much before you are constantly repeating yourself. This team, from Klopp to the players have had their arses kissed a heck of a lot over the last 4/5 years so criticism here and there is more than warranted, especially when this defeat has been coming and we keep making the same mistakes time and again, it was only a matter of time until we came completely unstuck. By rights we should’ve lost long before now because whether people like it or not we haven’t been good enough defensively, we haven’t been good enough in the midfield, we have lost that edge to grind out a win and had it not been for the attack being so clinical up to this point, we would have lost long before now.

Conceding 2+ goals a game will happen from time to time, but having it happen as often as we are this season is a sign that there needs to be a vast improvement on game management.

Every team needs a wake up call on occasions, we’ve been skating by in a number of games this season so let’s hope this is the wake up call we needed.
      It’s all well and good beating the Mancs 5-0 but you can’t then drop the standard in the following games.
      « Last Edit: Nov 08, 2021 06:23:29 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #785: Nov 08, 2021 11:10:22 pm
      You still spit your dummy out coz i had you running away with your tail between your legs on the manc thread. :lmao:

Say again?

I don’t post in that thread because it’s run it’s course. Your team like you and the rest of the supporters are also-ran asshats. Irrelevant and as such shows why you spend so much time on a rival forum trying to gain favor with people who basically think you are a clown.

W-e-i-r-d-o

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #786: Nov 08, 2021 11:23:11 pm
      Quite possibly the best piece of advice i have seen on these boards for a long long time.

We have gotten so used to success that we are now bordering on the precipice of arrogance over confidence. The arrogance manifesting itself into people believing we have a God given right to win every game we play. Life doesn't work like that, work hard and you get the rewards, the second you ease off and think you have made it reality will kick you in the head.

It will kick you hard. Very hard.

People need to remember where we were six years ago and be thankful for what we have now and what we can still achieve.

Yesterdays result was down to one simple fact. West Ham worked harder than we did. They were more disciplined.

We accept defeat, learn from it and move on.

We can still win everything, why the panic?

Relax................... ...

Reminds me when I was a kid, we couldn't  lose, we weren't allowed to lose, if we did it was a huge shock to the system.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #787: Nov 08, 2021 11:44:51 pm
      Reminds me when I was a kid, we couldn't  lose, we weren't allowed to lose, if we did it was a huge shock to the system.

Hey, same here. But aint it good that those feelings are back again, instead of being happy that we drew, and ended up in 6th, 7th or 8th in the table.

One game lost, so what the f**k, lets crack on and win a load more.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #788: Nov 09, 2021 07:53:27 am
      Hey, same here. But aint it good that those feelings are back again, instead of being happy that we drew, and ended up in 6th, 7th or 8th in the table.

One game lost, so what the f**k, lets crack on and win a load more.

What a positive attitude and the way forward and I totally agree with you. But on Sunday and yesterday, it was totally difficult to do so because it was painful.

We need to move forward and beat the Gunners to help reduce it's effect. We're still close to the top with a brilliant manager.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #789: Nov 09, 2021 09:33:07 am
      Important game against the Gunners a week on Saturday, least of all to stay in touch with the leaders. Pity it was not this weekend, simply to erase that defeat out of the system.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #790: Nov 09, 2021 10:14:43 am
      Really don't think the centre of midfield was the problem today. Hendo, Fab and even Ox all played ok (at least until Fab ran out of puff about the hour mark). The problem was our FBs both played sh*te and put in virtually nothing of quality, in a game where the opposition had packed the centre and all the space was out wide. Plus our defending of corners was pish.

There is an argument to be had about whether we should have bought another CM in the summer, but that was not what cost us today. We had our 2 best CMs starting, and our 3rd came off the bench. None of them played that badly - they dominated possession and fed the fullbacks often enough, but the FBs did nothing with it. Likewise our ineptitude in defending corners is hardly our CMs fault.

Really?
      Our CMs failed to offer creativity and create chances for the forwards. OK hard to blame them as it's almost zero space through the center.
      Excellent CM can run with a ball with good control in tight space, or hold possession longer than 3 seconds to bring defenders out of position to open space for his teammates,
      Top quality CM surely has extremely good vision for space and capable to pass accurately to his teammate.
      Also a good CM should has an eye for a shot when possible, like Naby or Elliot do sometimes.
      Sadly in this game Hendo, Ox or Fab were not offer that.
      Don't forget our good possion rate is that high because WHU allow us to have a ball as they know well our midfeild are toothless against a packed defence.
      OK they failed to offer anything attack then they should help the team organizing the midfield defence better and screen opponent treats for CBs. Well, our CMs were not good at that too.
      So how can people say our CMs play well and put all blame on FBs, that's beyond me really.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #791: Nov 09, 2021 07:46:22 pm
      You still spit your dummy out coz i had you running away with your tail between your legs on the manc thread. :lmao:

A bit rich Keith when no one saw hide nor hair of you when we battered that pathetic excuse of that team you support 0-5,  we get that perhaps you couldn’t face the humiliation you would undoubtedly receive had you come out of hiding, but that’s par for the course when you guest on a rivals forum,fast forward a week or two and you re-surface and post on the forum, without a mention of your aforementioned humiliation, so to call someone out for having their tails between their legs is a bit pathetic to be honest, a few of us tried to coach you out so we could take the f***in piss properly, but to no avail, hadn’t put you down as one of those who can dish it out but can’t suck it back in types ?

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #792: Nov 09, 2021 09:41:52 pm
      I have a trial for a streaming service here called Sling (had to cut my TV services) and I set the DVR to record it. When. I returned home I couldn't get it to play and next thing I know it shows me the post match show going on live. So I got my depression early and watched the match cold and sad.. I share your guilt.

I can't watch a game or even highlights if I know we Lost.

TBF I do watch every game live, no matter what time of the morning it is shown down here, gutted I missed this one, we would have won!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #793: Nov 09, 2021 09:58:11 pm

A bit rich Keith when no one saw hide nor hair of you when we battered that pathetic excuse of that team you support 0-5,  we get that perhaps you couldn’t face the humiliation you would undoubtedly receive had you come out of hiding, but that’s par for the course when you guest on a rivals forum,fast forward a week or two and you re-surface and post on the forum, without a mention of your aforementioned humiliation, so to call someone out for having their tails between their legs is a bit pathetic to be honest, a few of us tried to coach you out so we could take the f***in piss properly, but to no avail, hadn’t put you down as one of those who can dish it out but can’t suck it back in types ?

Billy you need to check the manc thread straight after the match. You'll find your post complete nonsense mate. I was never off the forum, took it like a man like I always do

Ps.. The 3 likes also need to read it, I've got battered with abuse /banter.  :)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #794: Nov 09, 2021 10:16:00 pm

Just checked my post out after you beat us. In less than 24 hours after the match I wrote/answered over 30 post and that's just on the manc thread..... That's some hiding   isn't it Billy. ?? ?? Considering we always got on well, surprised you didn't check that out first before making a random comment that simply isn't the true.

Bit disappointed with you on this one mate, that's life though.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #795: Nov 10, 2021 02:09:31 pm
      Just checked my post out after you beat us. In less than 24 hours after the match I wrote/answered over 30 post and that's just on the manc thread..... That's some hiding   isn't it Billy. ?? ?? Considering we always got on well, surprised you didn't check that out first before making a random comment that simply isn't the true.

Bit disappointed with you on this one mate, that's life though.

To be honest with you I didn’t go on the Manc thread mate, i stayed on the match day thread because that’s where the after match debate was, so my bad for not joining the thread you went on, in hindsight perhaps I should have but like I said the after match debate usually stays in the same boards, you know, so we can discuss the actual game we all watched,

As for you being disappointed with me well that’s your prerogative, and I won’t apologise if that’s what your after, so suck it up buttercup, that’s life as they say.

YOUR STILL A MANC c**t THO !!! 😉

Y  N  W  A
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #796: Nov 10, 2021 02:18:41 pm
      A lot of people are talking about our defensive problems. Some are seeing it as a both a midfield and defensive line problems. I'm more of the opinion that it is more midfield related than it is related to the defensive line.

I also don't think that, when it comes to defending, our biggest problem is winning back the ball. One thing I saw over and over again against Brentford, City, Brighton and West-Ham is an inability to keep the ball long enough. We get dispossessed way too easily and this, against a team that is not afraid of pressing us hard in the middle of the park, leads to these relentless periods of us winning the ball, losing it a few moments later and then everybody has to run back to defend a dangerous counter, rinse and repeat. We saw it this weekend when pretty much everybody in that midfield gave the ball up way too easily. In this regard, I agree that we miss Gini because if there is one thing that very much stood out in his game it was the fact that he almost never lost the ball. While he never was a great passer of the ball, he was not going to lose the ball in the middle of the park with his full-back pushing high up high, creating a situation where the full-back has to bomb back, VVD run back and hopefully pull a world class tackle. Notice how VVD actually did a ton of those on the weekend? We bought him to do this yes, but you're pushing your luck if VVD has to do it over and over again. He's here to mop that up 2 or 3 times a game max (on top of his other defensive duties), if you constantly give the ball up in the middle of the park, with the way we play, then its no surprise that the discussion becomes ''VVD is not up to speed yet'' + ''Trent/Robbo are not playing well''.

Part of the problem will be solved once Thiago is back starting games but another player that gave us calmness and retention on the ball was Eliott. I might be wrong but I remember him being very calm and hard to dispossess with the ball at his feet. He also had the ability of dispatching that simple pass that gets the team past the first line of the opposition's press. I think the vision before the season started was that Eliott and Thiago are pretty good at keeping the ball and moving the team past that first press of the opposition wether through a nice pass or simply by carrying it. It's sad we lost both of them so early in the season but Thiago starting games alongside Fabinho and Henderson should solve a large chunk of that issue after the Intl break.

One thing I'm itching to see us do is matching City for their tactical fouls. That Fornals goal would've never happened against City because with 3 of their players surrounding the ball carrier en route to their box it would've instantly meant that one of them would take the yellow and stop it right there. The refs are not sanctioning them with reds and most teams we come across are not afraid to use it against us so we might as well start doing it too because like we saw on the weekend its the difference between being 1-1 and going down 2-1.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #797: Nov 10, 2021 03:15:01 pm

To be honest with you I didn’t go on the Manc thread mate, i stayed on the match day thread because that’s where the after match debate was, so my bad for not joining the thread you went on, in hindsight perhaps I should have but like I said the after match debate usually stays in the same boards, you know, so we can discuss the actual game we all watched,

As for you being disappointed with me well that’s your prerogative, and I won’t apologise if that’s what your after, so suck it up buttercup, that’s life as they say.

YOUR STILL A MANC C*NT THO !!! 😉

Y  N  W  A

I very very rarely post in match threads Billy. Christ I've seen how toxic it gets with you lot! having a pop at each other. God knows what it would be like for a manc to join in.  :lmao:

Your own supporters want to knock each others heads off when you get beat or play badly  :D Manc thread obviously the best place for taking the piss/banter out of me so always take my hits.  :boxing: on there.  :lmao:

Ps... That's the closest I'll get to a apology so I take it, like I have a choice  :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #798: Dec 04, 2021 08:38:47 pm
      I’ve read some sh*te on this forum over the years but this is up there.

Ha ha ha ha ha, made me laugh. And I'm with you, by the way
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #799: Dec 04, 2021 08:47:00 pm
      Me bird is away, so I'm home alone with my three kids. I took all three of the little fuckers to my ​mam's and watched the game on their Firestick drinking Budvar out of the can. Happily. We were a good minute behind, so I saw the LFC tweet; 'ORRRIGGGIIII' and went F***ing mental like I was in the pub while F**k all was happening on the telly we were all watching.

They all did the same when it happened.

The F***ing mighty reds, pissed, what kids?
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #800: Dec 04, 2021 08:48:22 pm
      Me bird is away, so I'm home alone with my three kids. I took all three of the little fuckers to my ​mam's and watched the game on their Firestick drinking Budvar out of the can. Happily. We were a good minute behind, so I saw the LFC tweet; 'ORRRIGGGIIII' and went f**king mental like I was in the pub while f**k all was happening on the telly we were all watching.

They all did the same when it happened.

The f**king mighty reds, pissed, what kids?

Wrong thread
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #801: Dec 05, 2021 12:12:51 am
      Chelsea lost to West Ham truely a relief.

Quick Reply