Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Steve Gerrard Watch

Read 3473 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,484 posts | 3286 
      Re: Steve Gerrard Watch
      Reply #23: Nov 13, 2021 04:02:14 pm
      If you think the love in for him as a player was mad wait until my fellow Huytonian is bringing home the League and European Cup double!!

If ever someone was nailed on to be a Liverpool manager it's Gerrard.

It has to be only because he is the right manager for the job and not just because he is Gerrard , only have to remember Souness.

I don’t believe the club will appoint until he is the best manager for the role
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #24: Nov 13, 2021 09:50:06 pm

It has to be only because he is the right manager for the job and not just because he is Gerrard , only have to remember Souness.

I don’t believe the club will appoint until he is the best manager for the role

I also remember King Kenny…

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,484 posts | 3286 
      Reply #25: Nov 14, 2021 04:36:30 pm
      I also remember King Kenny…

Do you remember the team behind him

Bob
      Ronnie
      Roy
      Mike Farmer
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #26: Dec 08, 2021 12:33:19 am
      Stevie seems to have hit the ground running at Villa. Looks like he's instilled some discipline and self belief in a side of obviously talented players who probably got stale under Dean Smith. Like how he's taken to the club and his responsibilities. He showing he's got the stature, will power, focus and tactical awareness to take the club forward. It's highly unlikely they will be relegated this season, this can be put to bed. The game with Leicester and even Man City showed they could play with aggression, tenacity and really play a pressing game which the defence couldn't cope with.

I think Stevie will get Villa up for Saturday's game and it's not a forgone conclusion we'll turn them over easily. He's got McGinn and the midfield pressing hard and also providing cover for the defence. I do think it was the right club and the right time for him. They have stature, a good heritage, fan base and potential that say Newcastle haven't. Newcastle is a basketcase club in some turmoil despite of the takeover. Difficult to see which other Premier League side would have been the right fit and at this time.

Let's look at this positively. Gerrard does well at Villa, progresses the club and gets them silverware and a place in Europe, then consolidates and makes them into another Leicester or West Ham, this helps them and builds credibility in his managerial CV, then perhaps after say Ljinders or whoever eventually takes over Klopp, he could come to us. But to summise, Villa are a side who with their astute owners and potential could go places under him and let's not forget Gary Mac and Mike Beale have the right training setup.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #27: Dec 12, 2021 02:07:21 pm
      Was almost about to break into a "F**k off Gerrard" chant with the amount of snide sh*t Villa we're getting away with.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #28: Dec 13, 2021 05:11:05 pm
      Was almost about to break into a "F**k off Gerrard" chant with the amount of snide sh*t Villa we're getting away with.

Considered singing a few bars of "The baby's not yours" after the carry on from their goalie 😂😂

Quick Reply