Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Arsenal?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      19 (24.1%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      1 (1.3%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (1.3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      10 (12.7%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      16 (20.3%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      9 (11.4%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (6.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      14 (17.7%)
      Diogo Jota
      4 (5.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Tyler Morton
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Voting closed: Nov 24, 2021 07:21:15 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 14421 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Nov 20, 2021 10:13:08 pm
      Hold me Back… hold be back Arteta..

£ shop Guardiola..
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #346: Nov 20, 2021 10:38:11 pm
      Hope we don't need the bench warmers today

This aged well 😉
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #347: Nov 20, 2021 10:59:45 pm
      Good team performance that, after looking a bit sloppy the first 25 mins, once Arteta kicked off there only looked like one team in it.
      Arsenal are utter sh*te, that continued playing out from the back is like watching a team commit suicide.

Two brilliant team goals though from us, the little headers from Tsimikas and Jota for Salah's goal were top class and the passing and movement for Minamino's goal were sublime.

Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #348: Nov 20, 2021 11:23:51 pm
      You'd never think we had so many injuries with that superb performance as they purred through the game with such style, what a pleasure to watch the mighty reds when they are in full effect with the red machine.

Some beautiful play through the team and all over the park today and some lovely touches too, could have been so many more but for the superb display of Aaron Ramsdale who played a blinder for the gunners.

I was a bit worried about this match this morning, didn't need to be at all, what a great way to bounce back after the defeat to the hammers, well played lads, great performance all round.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #349: Nov 21, 2021 12:42:12 am
      Happily admit I wasn’t confident before kick off, we were on the back of 2 poor results and seemed to lose a bit of grit about our performances and Arsenal were in very good form.

But we blew them away in that second half. We were the better team in the first half too but it was after the break that we really took full control. We could and should have scored more but that’s the only negative I can think of really. Fab and Thiago again worked so well together and it gave Ox the freedom he needed.

After West Ham, there were several players like Alisson, Ox, Fab, Jota etc who really needed to make amends for what was borderline a pathetic performance last time out and they certainly did that. A few took a bit longer than others to really come alive in this game but on the whole, it’s very hard to pick fault with anyone today.

Well in Reds, let’s hope this is a corner turned and we can now see an end to these injuries and get a nice winning run going to catch the Chavs.

On a side note, it seemed Ramsdale was getting far too overconfident with the saves he was making, good to see that was soon put a stop to and then Jota sent him back to Bournemouth.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #350: Nov 21, 2021 05:41:59 am
      We played well. Trent, Mane and AOC were excellent.

Fab and Thiago kept things rolling.

We started slow but skipped through gears later on.

Thank you Arteta for firing up the fans through Klopp.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #351: Nov 21, 2021 08:59:58 am
      Managed to get over for my first game in ages for this, absolutely battered them second half and game came to life after Jürgen and Arteta kicked off.

Everyone had a good game but we never really hit top gear. When we click a team is going to take an absolute spanking off us.

Up the reds!
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #352: Nov 21, 2021 09:00:29 am
      Great win, having Thiago and Fabinho together in midfield is a huge plus, hopefully both can stay injury free, their keeper stopped it from being 7 or 8, really have got the measure of Arsenal at home, titles are not handed out in November, long way to go, we will be there or thereabouts come may.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #353: Nov 21, 2021 09:12:57 am

Thank you Arteta for firing up the fans through Klopp.

My only issue with yesterday. Were playing a huge rival, one who could have gone above us had they beaten us. Its our first game after the international break and off the back of a defeat. Yet the crowd sleepwalked through the first half hour until the sideline spat.

If our teams response to our crowds response does not prove how our team feeds off the crowd it never will. Our crowd need to stop acting like spoilt children expecting every week and actually get off their arses and be the F***ing 12th man they can be when they pick and choose
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #354: Nov 21, 2021 10:33:17 am
      I know it all took off after the Arteta tantrum, but I’m thinking that Arse started with quite high energy and ambition. At that point things were quite even. It just took a while to contain them and inflict our press. Then they didn’t know which way to turn. Every angle was cut off by a red shirt and our football was just so good when we turned it over, they just couldn’t cope.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #355: Nov 21, 2021 11:08:04 am
      Fantastic win.

Everyone played well.

Trent my MOTM.

Special mention to the OX had a cracking game, 3 starts in a row. the Injuries have helped him (Irony). ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #356: Nov 21, 2021 11:13:46 am
      Fantastic win.

Everyone played well.

Trent my MOTM.

Special mention to the OX had a cracking game, 3 starts in a row. the Injuries have helped him (Irony). ;D

cant argue with Trent MOTM I just thought Mane was a real menace yesterday and Mo got his goal but was never MOTM as Carragher suggested. Still a great team performance yesterday.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #357: Nov 21, 2021 11:23:33 am
      My only issue with yesterday. Were playing a huge rival, one who could have gone above us had they beaten us. Its our first game after the international break and off the back of a defeat. Yet the crowd sleepwalked through the first half hour until the sideline spat.

If our teams response to our crowds response does not prove how our team feeds off the crowd it never will. Our crowd need to stop acting like spoilt children expecting every week and actually get off their arses and be the F***ing 12th man they can be when they pick and choose

Anfield have been quite for some time. Our fans are becoming less vocal. At away games our fans are fantastic.

We (the fans) need to improve.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #358: Nov 21, 2021 11:32:45 am
      Thiago got my MOTM ,looked totally in control of midfield with Fabinho like an enforcer and Ox ,never stopped running and sees players in space immediately . Ramsdale was on really good form and kept the score down but still conceded to ALL of our front lads ,could not fault anyone today
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #359: Nov 21, 2021 11:34:10 am
      Anfield have been quite for some time. Our fans are becoming less vocal. At away games our fans are fantastic.

We (the fans) need to improve.

I think sometimes the Fans reflect the on field performance and it was a bit off until Arteta decided to win them up.
      The away fans are just out of this world with their support I am always stunned by just how vocal and supportive they are.
      The away fans are grouped together whilst at home the more vocal fans can be spread around the ground having said that the European games must be filled with the people who go to away games as the noise is intense.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #360: Nov 21, 2021 01:07:17 pm
      cant argue with Trent MOTM I just thought Mane was a real menace yesterday and Mo got his goal but was never MOTM as Carragher suggested. Still a great team performance yesterday.

Yea mane was brilliant as per, so was Salah and Jota. Could also argue for fab or Thiago, they kept it all ticking and won loads of balls back. Just great all round.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #361: Nov 21, 2021 01:11:44 pm
      Only saw the highlights of the game on MoTD last night, did not even know the score ! Staying overnight in Blackpool visiting a couple of soul bars, meeting some real friendly people as usual. I was elated to watch the highlights on tv last night another great performance from the Reds against Arsenal, I did not expect such an emphatic score line of 4  0 ! The touch line fracas between Klopp and Arteta seemingly livening thing up. Well done the Reds !
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #362: Nov 21, 2021 02:53:15 pm
      I think sometimes the Fans reflect the on field performance and it was a bit off until Arteta decided to win them up.
      The away fans are just out of this world with their support I am always stunned by just how vocal and supportive they are.
      The away fans are grouped together whilst at home the more vocal fans can be spread around the ground having said that the European games must be filled with the people who go to away games as the noise is intense.

I agree with you too. They needed that spark ;)

AOC was excellent. Hope that he stays fit.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #363: Nov 21, 2021 03:33:06 pm
      Trent seems to give the team an extra dimension going forward. His assists free kicks etc improving all the time.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #364: Nov 21, 2021 05:42:25 pm
      The midfield was superb. It’s evidence that we didn’t need to replace Gini. We don’t have to replace Gini anymore... until our midfield breaks down again. By that time, we should have replaced Gini but we didn’t - because our midfield would’ve missed Gini and we should never had let him go without a replacement.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #365: Nov 21, 2021 05:49:59 pm
      Only saw the highlights of the game on MoTD last night, did not even know the score ! Staying overnight in Blackpool visiting a couple of soul bars, meeting some real friendly people as usual. I was elated to watch the highlights on tv last night another great performance from the Reds against Arsenal, I did not expect such an emphatic score line of 4  0 ! The touch line fracas between Klopp and Arteta seemingly livening thing up. Well done the Reds !

MOTD ?

That mustve been hard watch. Did they make it look like arsenal were unlucky ? ;D
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #366: Nov 21, 2021 06:07:11 pm
      Trent seems to give the team an extra dimension going forward. His assists free kicks etc improving all the time.

You seem to be correct. In fact, seem is an understatement.
      https://mobile.twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1462137421890568195
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #367: Nov 21, 2021 10:42:46 pm
      There has been 68 posts after a comprehensive demolition job on a so called rival, who carry no threat, and have an awful record here. We should be talking about how great the performance was, or how the front three all produced again, or how Trent keeps on delivering assists, 50 of them now for a full back, or how we've scored 50 goals already this season, or how we've kept another clean sheet when we're constantly told that our defence is weak, and how we've rebuilt fortress Anfield after last year's issues. Any one of the above would be more interesting than dedicating another 68 posts to the absence of Wijnaldum, as happened after the last game.

Best chant of the day was reminding the opposition coach who he used to play for, as the yellow card was dished out. Best moment of the day was Mane's first assist of the season. Wonderful goal by Jota as well.

In the short term, we have to maintain the gap at 4 points next week, then look to begin reeling it in over the next month. With 6 months still to go, 4 points is not an impossible gap to close.

Quick Reply