Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Porto?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (1.6%)
      Ibrahima KonatƩ
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      2 (3.2%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Tyler Morton
      10 (15.9%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      43 (68.3%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      5 (7.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.6%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Nov 28, 2021 09:52:08 pm

Liverpool 2-0 FC Porto: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10086 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 FC Porto: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #184: Nov 24, 2021 11:14:05 pm
      Job done.

Well done lads 5/5 let's make it a clean sweep!

Hate those diving cu*ts, they looked like they had been hit by a Sniper, they just get dropping like bags of sh*t!!!  :f_steam:

Having said that though, bet we go and buy Luis Diaz in January  :lmao:
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #185: Nov 24, 2021 11:36:21 pm
      Who wouldn't want to play football for JĆ¼rgen Klopp eh, how genuinely thrilled was he for Tyler Morton tonight and the rest of the lads, hugs all round and he knows how much it means to them and the fans too.

Made up for Thiago, what a cracking 'Gerrardesque' goal that was, amazing !!

We march on, AC Milan next - no danger, be nice to win there as well, great record to have.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #186: Nov 25, 2021 07:29:38 am
      I know itā€™s early yet, but I canā€™t be the only one to think that we are looking very very good, we are it seems at the end of another injury crisis with key players returning and others finally reaching their peaks after injury, Ox for example getting back to somewhere near where he was before that injury, Thiago, Hendo, Milner, Fabinho, Robbo too, only Bobby,Curtis Naby & Wee Harvey still in recovery, and we can now add the impressive Tyler Morton, only inexperience will stand in his way,

So looking at the fixtures ahead and that mad period taking us through to January I can see us being at the peak of our powers exactly when we will need it, yes we may lose Mo & Mane for a few at the Afcon, but we do have the tools to cover, Taki & Div have looked sharp and again  a run of games for them will see us benefit when it matters, Jota will be pivotal so we will need to keep him fit,

This is a three horse race we are in, 4 off the top from a club already in good form, but how long can the keep that up ? Chavs will hit that brick wall at some point, and weā€™ve seen with City previously that they succumbe to pressure too readily,

If Iā€™m right, and we hit our optimum at the perfect time, I can see us moving ahead of those two, we remember pissed this league by a 25point margin over City in 19/20, we are better this time round with more experience, this time we have Chavs to contend with, but weā€™ve done it, they havenā€™t so thatā€™s massive in a tight fight for the title,

I might be getting ahead of myself here but Iā€™m looking at the bigger picture, you canā€™t deny itā€™s a three horse race, and out of that three you could argue we are the best equipped, after missing out last season in such devastating circumstances, our celebrations curtailed due to Covid in 19/20, not having that street parade/party, no proper presentation with a full house, all of this to me means our players will want it that bit more than that other lot, thatā€™s what will give us a edge, first title in 30 years and we couldnā€™t celebrate properly, that sticks in your throat, and thatā€™s what our players will want more than anything else, and whatā€™s the best way to rectify all of that ? ā€¦ā€¦

ā€¦.. DO THE DOUBLE !!!

Y  N  W  A
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #187: Nov 25, 2021 09:22:35 am
      Missed the game in the end, but saw the goals, what a cracker from Thaigo :) Mane very unlucky. And the usual one chipped in from Mo.
      5 wins out of 5, in the group of death. Brilliant from the lads/JĆ¼rgen.
      And like folks have said, some players got a bit of a rest, and others coming back from injury.
      Looking positive right now :)

Saw bits of the Man City/PSG game, much the better side, Messi imho was a disgrace strolling about, made Ronaldo look like a duracel bunny, and the money he's on.

Gonna be some race between us, Citeh and Chavs, in the PL and the CL...
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #188: Nov 25, 2021 09:56:24 am
      fantastic. perfect result and perfect use of the squad.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #189: Nov 25, 2021 10:00:48 am
      Keeping in the habit of winning, no matter that the group had already been decided !
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #190: Nov 25, 2021 01:14:26 pm
      Love these routine wins! Keep them coming!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #191: Nov 25, 2021 02:10:45 pm
      I missed the game so I can only say what I think based on the 5 minute highlights I've seen.

Firstly it's great that we got yet another win, just need that one final game and it would be a flawless result in what was by far the toughest group. Brilliant strike by Thiago, they don't come much sweeter than that when striking the ball. Shame he was denied an assist too for what looked like another pathetic offside call to rule out the Mane goal.

Mo, a really well taken goal too.

Was great that Morton started, didn't really see anything of him on the highlights apart from a well timed interception but I gather he played well?

Looks like we again gave away too many chances and got away with it on multiple occassions, had we been playing a better team then we'd have likely been punished. Looks like Konate struggled and Ox gave the ball away cheaply muliple times when he should have passed and put us in a bit of trouble?

Other than that, I didn't really see much so it's hard for me to give a fair opinion based on the entire performance.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #192: Nov 25, 2021 02:21:35 pm
      We won with so many changes and couple of kids. Against a good side and a good team as well. Well done. Take a bow!
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #193: Nov 25, 2021 02:24:16 pm
      Looks like we again gave away too many chances and got away with it on multiple occassions, had we been playing a better team then we'd have likely been punished. Looks like Konate struggled and Ox gave the ball away cheaply muliple times when he should have passed and put us in a bit of trouble?

Yea, Iā€™m waiting for that ā€œwarning sign, we will have to watch out, itā€™s trouble coming soon, we need to buy and yet we didnā€™t buy, the kids ainā€™t good enoughā€ post.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #194: Nov 25, 2021 02:38:48 pm
      We won with so many changes and couple of kids. Against a good side and a good team as well. Well done. Take a bow!

I can see young Morton getting more and more game time, learning from one of the best holding MF in the world.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #195: Nov 25, 2021 03:18:54 pm
      I can see young Morton getting more and more game time, learning from one of the best holding MF in the world.

Yea, last night was great for Morton. One thing is the Carabao Cup at Preson, a complete other is the CL at a packed Anfield and he got to play 60 minutes alongside world class Thiago, 30 minutes with Hendo and 20 with Fabinho. A learning experience for a young midfielder can't get better than that.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #196: Nov 25, 2021 03:26:11 pm
      Yea, last night was great for Morton. One thing is the Carabao Cup at Preson, a complete other is the CL at a packed Anfield and he got to play 60 minutes alongside world class Thiago, 30 minutes with Hendo and 20 with Fabinho. A learning experience for a young midfielder can't get better than that.

defo.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #197: Nov 26, 2021 08:45:21 pm
      Quote from glennusmc
      Sometimes I like referee human error in offside calls, that was beyond tight.

If our future in the competition depended on that decision, I wouldn't like it to be decided by human error. I thought it was tight on first viewing, and when you see the lines, the final decision was correct.

28 posts post match, doesn't do justice to the team, or the win, or the wonderful strike by Thiago, or setting a new club record in goals scored in consecutive games, or the new record set in points won in the group.

We can now head to the last game looking to set another record, and become the first EPL side to win every game in a group. Maybe Salah will finally get the captaincy, or even Kelleher will get the chance to decide who goes through with us into the draw for the next round.

Quote from billythered
      I know itā€™s early yet, I might be getting ahead of myself here but Iā€™m looking at the bigger picture, you canā€™t deny itā€™s a three horse race, and out of that three you could argue we are the best equipped, after missing out last season in such devastating circumstances, our celebrations curtailed due to Covid in 19/20, not having that street parade/party, no proper presentation with a full house, all of this to me means our players will want it that bit more than that other lot, thatā€™s what will give us a edge, first title in 30 years and we couldnā€™t celebrate properly, that sticks in your throat

ā€¦.. DO THE DOUBLE !!!
                            Y  N  W  A

It sticks in the throat of those who can go to see the party. For those of us like me who can't, I can think of many notable issues at this club during the 30 years that really stick in our throats more than not having a street party.

That and the fact that you can't have any street party in my neck of the woods, (for fear of the h&s heads going mental in case  someone may fall over in front of the bus) probably means not having it is less of an issue for me, than seeing the title of "LFC CHAMPIONS" for the following 12 months.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #198: Nov 26, 2021 08:48:32 pm
      If our future in the competition depended on that decision, I wouldn't like it to be decided by human error. I thought it was tight on first viewing, and when you see the lines, the final decision was correct.

28 posts post match, doesn't do justice to the team, or the win, or the wonderful strike by Thiago, or setting a new club record in goals scored in consecutive games, or the new record set in points won in the group.

We can now head to the last game looking to set another record, and become the first EPL side to win every game in a group. Maybe Salah will finally get the captaincy, or even Kelleher will get the chance to decide who goes through with us into the draw for the next round.

It sticks in the throat of those who can go to see the party. For those of us like me who can't, I can think of many notable issues at this club during the 30 years that really stick in our throats more than not having a street party.

That and the fact that you can't have any street party in my neck of the woods, (for fear of the h&s heads going mental in case  someone may fall over in front of the bus) probably means not having it is less of an issue for me, than seeing the title of "LFC CHAMPIONS" for the following 12 months.

Care to explain how itā€™s right when

1. The line on Mane was on his arm which you canā€™t score from not his foot

2. The line on the Porto player was in the middle of his foot and not on the end

Putting the line on the first part of Manes body that can score - his foot and on the Porto players foot properly would have made Mane onside
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #199: Nov 30, 2021 08:08:04 pm
      When you see the lines, there is clear daylight between them. Unfortunately Mane is ahead of it therefore the offside has to be given.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #200: Nov 30, 2021 08:18:18 pm
      When you see the lines, there is clear daylight between them. Unfortunately Mane is ahead of it therefore the offside has to be given.

Depends where they draw the line and when they decide to freeze the frame

Iā€™m personally not convinced that ones as tight as this you can trust the frames it was stopped at

Passion killer is VAR.. I bet if you werenā€™t a virgin youā€™d leave your socks on
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #201: Dec 01, 2021 12:07:36 am
      Depends where they draw the line and when they decide to freeze the frame

Iā€™m personally not convinced that ones as tight as this you can trust the frames it was stopped at

Passion killer is VAR.. I bet if you werenā€™t a virgin youā€™d leave your socks on

You're wasting your time mate. That guy is literally obsessed with VAR and believes it has no faults. He even done a bullshit hypothetical VAR quiz for an entire season that nobody gave the slightest toss about.

Swerve him where this topic is concerned because you'd be better off banging your head against a brick wall like.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #202: Dec 01, 2021 05:03:52 am

🤦ā€ā™‚ļø

You fail to address the point

They drew the lines wrong
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #203: Dec 01, 2021 10:39:28 am
      there has to be doubt about close offside calls as until the balls leaves the foot nobody is offside and you never quite see that part of the decision.

Quick Reply