Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Saints?

Alisson Becker
      5 (7.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      24 (37.5%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (4.7%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.6%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      4 (6.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      25 (39.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: Dec 01, 2021 04:49:35 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Southampton: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 10173 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Southampton: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #184: Nov 28, 2021 07:09:17 am
      I’m more concerned about the injuries we might receive.
      The long term ones !

I get where your coming from mate, but Rafa won’t send his players out to deliberately hurt our players, that Kunt Pickford’s assault on Virgil was meant, no one will convince me otherwise, borne out of frustration from the goal he conceded from Origi previous game, Richarleson on Thiago similar, now I’m not sure both were directions from manager or staff but I wouldn’t put it past them, at that time, it’s not how Rafa works and I’m guessing he’d be pretty pissed off if he felt his players stooped so low.

Thought  we did enough yesterday to win relatively easily, didn’t venture much past 4th gear, a few sloppy passes and wtf moments but overall we won at a canter, should really have been 5/6 but 4 was more than good enough,
      Looks like Robbo hates been sat on that bench, his performance was exceptional, Kostas must be thinking, fookin hell, gotta work even harder now, motm for me Robbo, Ali did what Ali does best and kept us in it at times where Saints had a sniff but felt had they scored we would have clicked up a gear,

Top three not at their best but they didn’t need to be tbh, Jota’s double further evidence that he is approaching  top form, just when we will need it most, Virgil popping up with his first of the season is another good sign and Thiago’s was quite simply a piece of art,

Solid team performance that, another clean sheet and correct me if I’m wrong but that’s 39 goals in 13 games, giving us a average of 3 goals per game, if that’s not title winning form right there then F**k knows what is, and yet, we are still not at our best, that’s better than our average in 19/20, can’t be arsed looking it up but I know it was under 3x per game,

So onto the Bitters Wednesday, I know we all say form goes out of the window blah blah blah, but c’mon, the gulf in class is vast, yes we will probably  need to go up a couple of gears and be more wary defensively, however, there’s only one outcome for me, I think the biggest cheer they’ll get is when our fans welcomes Rafa from the tunnel, love us to do another 0-5 but I’d equally settle for a scrappy 0-1.

Great win yesterday, hopefully we’ll see some points dropped today from the other two horses, but we are looking very good and in a very good position.

Y  N  W  A

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #185: Nov 28, 2021 07:18:10 am
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #186: Nov 28, 2021 11:36:57 am
      I just got to say I LOVE Andy Robertson. Everything about his style of play is just hard and he is constantly grinding for 90+. He doesn't give 2 fucks if he's on Messi, Neymar,Ronaldo or some scrub from Crystal Palace. Everytime I watch him the only thing I can think of is a bag of nails. He leaves it all on the pitch and I love it.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #187: Nov 28, 2021 12:01:59 pm
      Surprising how many top managers are on these boards ,

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #188: Nov 28, 2021 01:59:09 pm
      Surprising how many top managers are on these boards ,

Shankly and Paisley have F**k all on some of these geniuses!!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #189: Nov 28, 2021 04:11:51 pm
      I just got to say I LOVE Andy Robertson. Everything about his style of play is just hard and he is constantly grinding for 90+. He doesn't give 2 fucks if he's on Messi, Neymar,Ronaldo or some scrub from Crystal Palace. Everytime I watch him the only thing I can think of is a bag of nails. He leaves it all on the pitch and I love it.

So true! He comes from Scotland, he is by default an animal! Absolutely love Andy!

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #190: Nov 28, 2021 04:43:09 pm

I get where your coming from mate, but Rafa won’t send his players out to deliberately hurt our players, that Kunt Pickford’s assault on Virgil was meant, no one will convince me otherwise, borne out of frustration from the goal he conceded from Origi previous game, Richarleson on Thiago similar, now I’m not sure both were directions from manager or staff but I wouldn’t put it past them, at that time, it’s not how Rafa works and I’m guessing he’d be pretty pissed off if he felt his players stooped so low.

Thought  we did enough yesterday to win relatively easily, didn’t venture much past 4th gear, a few sloppy passes and wtf moments but overall we won at a canter, should really have been 5/6 but 4 was more than good enough,
      Looks like Robbo hates been sat on that bench, his performance was exceptional, Kostas must be thinking, fookin hell, gotta work even harder now, motm for me Robbo, Ali did what Ali does best and kept us in it at times where Saints had a sniff but felt had they scored we would have clicked up a gear,

Top three not at their best but they didn’t need to be tbh, Jota’s double further evidence that he is approaching  top form, just when we will need it most, Virgil popping up with his first of the season is another good sign and Thiago’s was quite simply a piece of art,

Solid team performance that, another clean sheet and correct me if I’m wrong but that’s 39 goals in 13 games, giving us a average of 3 goals per game, if that’s not title winning form right there then f**k knows what is, and yet, we are still not at our best, that’s better than our average in 19/20, can’t be arsed looking it up but I know it was under 3x per game,

So onto the Bitters Wednesday, I know we all say form goes out of the window blah blah blah, but c’mon, the gulf in class is vast, yes we will probably  need to go up a couple of gears and be more wary defensively, however, there’s only one outcome for me, I think the biggest cheer they’ll get is when our fans welcomes Rafa from the tunnel, love us to do another 0-5 but I’d equally settle for a scrappy 0-1.

Great win yesterday, hopefully we’ll see some points dropped today from the other two horses, but we are looking very good and in a very good position.

Y  N  W  A

Don't forget the assault and battery on Divock a few years ago and the guy who dumped Bobby into the stand and then lied about him saying something in the aftermath. Starts to seem like a culture among the playing staff.
      « Last Edit: Nov 28, 2021 10:20:41 pm by Robby The Z »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #191: Nov 28, 2021 05:04:58 pm
      13 played 39 goals 11 conceded 3 goals a game ...dont change a thing. Just make sure we continue this on Weds and maybe score a couple more. Thought we coasted for the last 30 mins the sign of a team knowing its a long season
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #192: Nov 28, 2021 05:05:36 pm
      the guy who dumped Bobby into the stand and then lied about him sahing something in the aftermath.

Holgate. Played the racism card to get out of the push into the crowd. Scumbag.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #193: Nov 30, 2021 08:09:21 pm
      Quote from billythered
      I get where your coming from mate, but Rafa won’t send his players out to deliberately hurt our players

Not sure about that tbh. One player was kicked in the head at the weekend, and the ref needed VAR to sort it out. Another player was kicked in the back of his knee recently by the Firmino shover, and again the VAR had to step in. You know with Ferguson around the place, that tackles will be flying in. Hopefully our players will come through it in one piece.

Quote from Salah10
      Well done lads.

Excellent win.

Brief and boring. Just 1 of the 44 posts in 3 full days after a 4-0 win at home. Against the same team that Chelsea struggled against and City dropped points against. Who needs Gini?

It wasn't rock solid defending at the back, but it's a great victory, with another record set of 17 consecutive games with more than 1 goal scored, and we hit the 700 mark under Jürgen.

Last year it was depressing that fans couldn't get to games. So this year, it's depressing to see so many streaming out of the ground well before the final whistle again. Those who did leave have their arguments, but we've scored 10 goals conceded 0 over the past week, and this team delivers value for money every week that deserves everyone's attention until the ref blows the whistle. With 3 away games coming up, there's plenty of time to beat the traffic.

I'm sure nobody will be leaving early if we beat them 4-0 in our last away game of the season, before heading for the long trip home.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #194: Dec 01, 2021 05:49:38 pm
      Brief and boring. Just 1 of the 44 posts in 3 full days after a 4-0 win at home. Against the same team that Chelsea struggled against and City dropped points against. Who needs Gini?

Give it a rest for christ sake. Didn't know you were so bothered by the amount of people posting after each and every game. Nobody cares about who has posted what in however many days since the game or how many posts there has been etc. You don't need to keep repeating yourself. Maybe instead of counting posts you do what the rest of us do and just enjoy the win.

Quick Reply