Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Pre-match: Wolves V Liverpool [Saturday December 4th, 15:00]

Read 3124 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Pre-match: Wolves V Liverpool [Saturday December 4th, 15:00]
      Dec 03, 2021 09:06:48 am

In-form Liverpool can overpower hosts

Liverpool claimed a 4-1 win at Everton in a midweek Merseyside derby on Wednesday and can claim another convincing win at out-of-sorts Wolves on Saturday.

Jürgen Klopp’s men have now scored four goals in each of their last three Premier League games after responding in style to a 3-2 loss at West Ham.

The Reds thrashed both Arsenal and Southampton 4-0 at Anfield, before going on to claim the local bragging rights at Goodison Park.

Goals an issue for Wolves

Wolves are unbeaten in their last three games with a win and two draws but worryingly for boss Bruno Lage they have scored just once during their last four games.

The Molineux club managed 16 shots in their own midweek assignment against Burnley at home but only two of those were on target and they had to settle for a 0-0 draw despite dominating for large periods.

Liverpool, clearly, are a huge step up in class and with the Anfield side in free scoring form this could be a difficult afternoon for Wolves.

The visitors have won nine of their 14 Premier League games so far this season and all of those victories have been by two or more goals.

Wolves have only lost two of their last 10 games but both of those losses were 2-0 defeats. With Lage’s men struggling for goals, I’m backing Liverpool to beat a -1 handicap once again when they make the trip to Molineux and as they have hit four in each of their last three league games a 4-0 win is the pick in the correct score market.

In-form Jota can haunt former club

Liverpool paid around £40million to sign Diogo Jota from Wolves in 2020 in what now looks like an absolute bargain. The 24-year-old Portuguese forward has eight goals in 13 league appearances this season and has scored in each of his last three Premier League appearances, with four goals in total during that run. Jota, who scored the only goal of the game in the corresponding fixture in March, looks a strong contender to grab a goal at anytime on Saturday.

NB: Team no longer available

No change needed. We need to go all out.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Pre-match: Wolves V Liverpool [Saturday December 4th, 15:00]
      Reply #1: Dec 03, 2021 09:21:50 am
      Would not be surprised to see OX back in to bring a fresh energy, at the same time Id agree likely to be same 11 again
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2: Dec 03, 2021 09:51:43 am
      Would not be surprised to see OX back in to bring a fresh energy, at the same time Id agree likely to be same 11 again

Thiago is being managed well and I think that AOC will enter the game at around 60th but Klopp inserted Milner rather AOC last Wednesday.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Dec 03, 2021 11:10:29 am
      Wolves, scored 12 conceeded 12

Suggests that once we dont ffer them something on a plate they will find scoring difficult but will be tough to crack at the other end.

Potential to not score 3 here so Ill go 2 nil
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #4: Dec 03, 2021 11:28:35 am
      If it ain’t broke don’t fix it, same X1, same scorers with Mane adding to the joy fest, hard not to think we’re on another run of victories, but again it won’t be easy, it’s another X1 players trying to prevent us from gaining another 3 points, that’s all it is, one game at a time step by step with another 23 after this one,

Wolves can be dangerous but their howl is worse than their bite, don’t see them offering too much trouble and can see us winning at a canter simple by bearing our teeth with the gulf in class immeasurable.

0-3 + to Champions elect

Y  N  W  A
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5: Dec 03, 2021 12:29:46 pm
      they always put up a good effort against us so we will be stretched at times. Just looking forward to seeing what the lads can do they must be flying at the moment
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #6: Dec 03, 2021 01:23:08 pm
      they always put up a good effort against us so we will be stretched at times. Just looking forward to seeing what the lads can do they must be flying at the moment

Absolutely - confidence will be sky high. Front 3 absolutely sensational right now and you can say the same about the middle 3.

Trent and Robbo also in top form. I’m expecting a good result but like you say, will be tough.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 82 
      Reply #7: Dec 03, 2021 02:15:16 pm
      Same 11 like against Everton. Then next week at home against Aston Villa we can make changes: Konate, Kostas, Ox, Milner, Minamino...and in fact we need to give a guy like Minamino game time to prepare him to come in when Salah/Mané are playing in Africa.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Reply #8: Dec 03, 2021 03:42:54 pm
      The changes will be midweek no need to rest YET that will come mid -late December
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #9: Dec 03, 2021 04:57:09 pm
      Feel like there has to be some resting of guys but we definitely need to prioritize this game over the Milan one. Just keep rolling in the league. I really do think Chelsea and City are going to go through their own rough patches so we need to keep the pressure on.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #10: Dec 03, 2021 05:16:35 pm
      Same team again for me
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,222 posts | 747 
      Reply #11: Dec 03, 2021 05:19:13 pm
      Same side if possible, Wolves seemingly find it difficult to score. Another victory for the Reds, 2 or 3  0. Pick up maximum points in this busy period ahead !
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #12: Dec 03, 2021 08:25:36 pm
      Same  starting 11 for me , only change would be to be absolutely ruthless all 90 minutes ,not take our foot off the pedal when we bring our subs on ,lets get that GD up ! Jürgen seems to be tactically brilliant at the moment !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #13: Dec 03, 2021 09:17:50 pm
      Only worry for me is the counter with Adam’s Traore having pace to burn.
      Clearly he can’t hit a cows Arse with a banjo at the mo,
      but he does get opportunities. If we cut out the service to him, snd don’t leave too much space behind, we’ll have this sewn up. Thinking it’s gonna be 4 for us, just undecided if they can nik one.

Come on you red men.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #14: Dec 03, 2021 10:20:45 pm
      Agree any rotation can wait until midweek.

Looks like Gomez and Keira are getting closer to being  available so that will be a plus as the matches come faster over the course of the festive season.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,628 posts | 1551 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #15: Dec 03, 2021 11:03:02 pm
      Get the game won and then Jürgen can make some changes, good strong team, it's important to keep the pressure up on city and chavs,

Redmen will be buzzing after the derby win in midweek, so I'm sure they'll be focused and in the zone for another 3 points.

Come on boys, let's do this !! :kop5cf8koxp6:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #16: Dec 04, 2021 12:11:35 am
      Team pretty much picks itself, just question marks over who will partner Virgil.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #17: Dec 04, 2021 08:31:50 am
      No brainer, same 11 boss, if we have a good lead, could give Thiago a rest, no coincidence we are playing out best football of the season with a fit Thiago, Fabinho, Henderson, cant see anything other than a win for the Mighty Reds.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #18: Dec 04, 2021 10:46:17 am
      Give the Wolves a mauling …. 3-1 & I don’t care how… 3 points is all I want for Crimbo..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #19: Dec 04, 2021 11:16:58 am
      Don't have a good feeling about today, hope I am wrong. I usually am.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #20: Dec 04, 2021 11:46:12 am
      Don't have a good feeling about today, hope I am wrong. I usually am.

yes but what about the footie ?
      They are usually well up for the game but then everyone is when they play us because they know they are coming up against the very best.
      Will have to remember it is a 3pm kick off they are so few and far between now.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,222 posts | 747 
      Reply #21: Dec 04, 2021 12:41:31 pm
      Pretty confident that we will pickup all three points today away to Wolves. Our forwards backed up by the midfield really knocking in the goals lately !
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 286 posts | 28 
      Reply #22: Dec 04, 2021 12:48:01 pm
      Every time we visit Wolves I remember the 3-1 win at Molineux on a Tuesday night in May 1976 that clinched Bob Paisley's first league title triumph as manager. We pipped QPR by a single point, thanks to three late goals after trailing 1-0 at the break.

Wolves were relegated, and Bob was big enough to say he was sorry that our success came at their expense.

Above all - in the week that's in it - I remember that Ray Kennedy scored our third goal, having created the second for John Toshack.

I'll think of him with thanks during today's match. R.I.P.

Quick Reply