Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson Becker
      2 (2.6%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (2.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (5.1%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      15 (19.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (2.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.3%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      51 (65.4%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: Dec 08, 2021 04:56:15 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17341 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Dec 04, 2021 05:14:33 pm
      Origi is one of those players that will infuriate you 75% of the time he plays, but the other 25% of the time he will pop up with a winning goal when it couldn’t look less likely to happen.  A very likeable player because despite his flaws on the pitch and his minimal game time, it never seems to get him down and will just keep going. Credit to him.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #392: Dec 04, 2021 05:14:41 pm
      I was more speaking to the chances we weren’t putting away, but it obviously hurts your feelings that I made those comments since you’ve taken the time to respond to me about it not once but twice so I apologize to you and anyone else that got their panties in a bunch about it. Don’t fall when you climb off of your super fan high horse.

Obsessed with calling people super fans what ever that is, perhaps you feel insecure or inadequate within yourself to your fandom

Dont give up though dont bottle it keep going you can be a super fan one day if you really want it
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #393: Dec 04, 2021 05:15:37 pm
      Derby matches CL semi final matches, CL finals they are all the same to Divok the man is just superb he is like a fire fighter when you think its all lost send in Divok

Diogo missed his big chances. Sadio missed his. Mo missed his.

Divock had everyone's back today and took his chance.

Legend indeed
      « Last Edit: Dec 04, 2021 05:29:11 pm by Robby The Z »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #394: Dec 04, 2021 05:16:09 pm
      Obsessed with calling people super fans what ever that is, perhaps you feel insecure or inadequate within yourself to your fandom

Dont give up though dont bottle it keep going you can be a super fan one day if you really want it

Okay bud. 😂
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #395: Dec 04, 2021 05:16:13 pm

Yes this season when we’ve needed to grind out a win we haven’t done so. Where was that mentality vs Brighton, Brentford and West Ham?

Don’t take my post the way it shouldn’t be taken.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #396: Dec 04, 2021 05:17:07 pm

I’m not ashamed to be called a super fan because I don’t let the team walk alone when going through a storm, as with many of us here…
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #397: Dec 04, 2021 05:17:54 pm
      Thiago vs Wolves

• 78/89 (88%) passes (2nd in game)
      • 1 chance created
      • 105 touches (1st)
      • 7/10 long passes (2nd)
      • 2/5 tackles
      • 2 interceptions (2nd)

Big Div will get the Motm but imo Thiago was excellent
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #398: Dec 04, 2021 05:17:56 pm
      But both players blocked a big chunk of the center of the goal. So Jota would have needed to shoot with quite some precision. He chickened out and went for the quick and brutal - mistake - but it was not like the goal was empty and the next Wolver was 30m away. At least I give gim a slack. Sh*t like that happens, especially after you hammer it in like he did against Pickford.

So a goal is what, 8 meters wide? And you have two players that can’t use their hands probably taking up about one meter of that? I think just a touch of precision and it shouldn’t be that hard to score that?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #399: Dec 04, 2021 05:18:18 pm
      I think Jürgen loves this kind of win maybe not enjoying the game but his boys showing grim determination to keep going is him to a tee
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #400: Dec 04, 2021 05:18:31 pm
      I expect the usual muppets were poised over their keyboards ready to slaughter the players.
      Divok scores and all the said keyboards shut down 😂😂
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #401: Dec 04, 2021 05:18:47 pm
      Think he is referring to the fact the goal was late not in general not being winners although I stand to be corrected

Well, there was no lack of commitment from the team today, it just wasn't clicking in front of goal. Nobody wins everything, but the winning mentality under Klopp is consistent.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,023 posts | 2089 
      Reply #402: Dec 04, 2021 05:19:03 pm
      Now that is the best way to end your run of scoring two or more in a game.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #403: Dec 04, 2021 05:19:05 pm

Happy to be called a super fan - super fans were those that didn’t walk out at half time in 45mins - super fans are the ones that don’t call the players bottlers
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,023 posts | 2089 
      Reply #404: Dec 04, 2021 05:19:27 pm
      I expect the usual muppets were poised over their keyboards ready to slaughter the players.

Yeah, that Salah10 pr**k always goes into hiding when we do well. pr**k
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #405: Dec 04, 2021 05:19:29 pm
      I’m not ashamed to be called a super fan because I don’t let the team walk alone when going through a storm, as with many of us here…

It was definitely your optimism that pulled them through today, not Mo and Origi with a last minute stroke of genius. Good job pal 👏🏻
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #406: Dec 04, 2021 05:19:48 pm
      What's with the negativity here?

Isn't this what we want to see from a team challenging for the title? Grabbing a win when all seemed lost. I know I was desperate for it against Brentford and Chelsea. Now we have that moment people are arguing?

After our amazing performances recently the lads can have a game off providing we get the result we did.
      « Last Edit: Dec 04, 2021 05:25:57 pm by RC9 »
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,165 posts | 514 
      Reply #407: Dec 04, 2021 05:21:15 pm

I know, this place would have been toxic had we not scored. Get in Divock.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #408: Dec 04, 2021 05:21:26 pm
      44 goals scored 15 more than city best goal diff TOP OF THE LEAGUE what more do people want
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #409: Dec 04, 2021 05:22:08 pm
      44 goals scored 15 more than city best goal diff TOP OF THE LEAGUE what more do people want

45 goals.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,697 posts | 3365 
      Reply #410: Dec 04, 2021 05:23:01 pm
      What's with the negativity here?

Isn't this what we want to see from a team challenging for the tittle? Grabbing a win when all seemed lost. I know I was desperate for it against Brentford and Chelsea. Now we have that moment people are arguing?

After our amazing performances recently the lads can have a game off providing we get the result we did.

The earlier posts in the thread from some are embarrassing
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #411: Dec 04, 2021 05:23:46 pm

Winning in style which we didn’t?
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #412: Dec 04, 2021 05:25:00 pm

Erm… Apparently not. If we were that good, we would have put the game to bed before kickoff.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #413: Dec 04, 2021 05:26:20 pm
      Games like today ain’t good for my blood pressure & it also takes years off me but wouldn’t want it any other way.
      Up the reds.

Quick Reply