Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson Becker
      2 (2.6%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (2.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (5.1%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      15 (19.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (2.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.3%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      51 (65.4%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: Dec 08, 2021 04:56:15 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16885 times
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Dec 04, 2021 06:47:43 pm
      How important might that Divi strike be come May?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #461: Dec 04, 2021 07:05:19 pm
      I saw Mo,Sadio,Thiago as well as Jota miss good chances very good chances in fact. On another day it is 4=0 again but 3 points is good enough for me.
      Its been exceptionally windy today which does not help our game.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #462: Dec 04, 2021 07:15:58 pm
      I just took a peep in the pundits and commentators thread.
      Not a squeak !

I bet they were all poised to write us off on 94 mins 😂😂😂😂😂😂💪
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #463: Dec 04, 2021 07:20:50 pm
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #464: Dec 04, 2021 07:39:52 pm
      It's incredible to me that we can win a game like that (with a last minute winner) and there can still be so much f**king arguing and nonsense going on in here.  Just f**king enjoy it!!

Perhaps a few supporters are used to seeing the side win comfortably. It is a change to battle for victory, like you say enjoy the fact the team gained all three points at the end of the day !
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #465: Dec 04, 2021 08:52:00 pm
      It's incredible to me that we can win a game like that (with a last minute winner) and there can still be so much f**king arguing and nonsense going on in here.  Just f**king enjoy it!!

Yes. They're Virgins, traffic wardens or British Legion social club security guards, la.

The lot of em.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #466: Dec 04, 2021 08:53:03 pm
      It's a shame, I don't get to come on here much as I used to, but I had hoped the place would be buzzing!

The team never gave up, always kept pressing and the gaffer's tactics/subs made the difference.

I can only imagine the replies here if we drew, look at what it meant to all of those involved, that was me in my living room, voice has gone, going off some posts in here you would think some groaned when Origi's goal went in.

My man. F**k the cranks, enjoy it
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #467: Dec 04, 2021 09:13:08 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #468: Dec 04, 2021 10:38:25 pm
      just watched most of the game on Sly sports. Wolves did everything to waste time it was really not a pretty sight and with 5 mins added on it was justice we scored in the last minute of the 5 .
      The lads put in a fantastic shift in difficult conditions and to see the entire bench erupt at Divok's goal was just fantastic and proves how close this team are.
      This is our 3rd title charge in 4 seasons ffs anyone with negative thoughts get with the programme these are heady days that only us old fuckers have enjoyed so breath in the atmosphere and enjoy this.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #469: Dec 04, 2021 11:17:58 pm
      The lads battled until the very end to gain a deserved victory against a determined Wolves side .
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #470: Dec 05, 2021 12:06:27 am
      One game of a real entertain. That Traore guy is interesting to think how JK would improve him if he is our player.
      Here in Thailand people who love football no matter what team they follow mostly call Divock Origi  "thep gee"  meaning Origi the God  haha
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #471: Dec 05, 2021 12:21:20 am
      Reminiscent of the 19/20 campaign where we weren't at our best in a few games but still either managed to draw or ground out a win,
      We can't expect to win with a 3 or 4 goal margin each game it's absolutely par for the course,  we deserved that win today because of the effort we put in, however had it ended 0-0 we'd all be saying ok bad day at the office but a draw away isn't all that bad etc,
      The fact we won is purely down to the fact that as a team we play quite virtually for 95 minutes and never ever give up, it's what we train for its in our DNA,
      The players knew there would be a another chance it's why they keep going, it's why we are Champions because champions never give up, it's that winning mentality we have ,we are the mentality monster's after all,

It could turn out to be the most valuable win of this season, but we won't know that until May when we lift that 20th title,
      In 19/20 the away win at Leicester told me the title was ours, just had that feeling,  today I had that same feeling,  I know it's early but i think we are approaching top form just at the right time,  and we will take some stopping !

Absolutely superb win today,  we all seen what it meant by the reaction from the bench,  it was a pivotal win and one that will give the players belief that the title is most definitely on, yes City & Chavs are in it also but, we have extra motivation,  we are hungrier and more determined and i believe that will be the difference in the end,
      So sit back and  enjoy the ride ppl, this is our title, can't you sense  it ?

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Dec 05, 2021 12:30:05 am by billythered »
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #472: Dec 05, 2021 07:26:25 am
      A few posts typed out and seconds away from being sent calling us useless bottlers etc I'd imagine.

How after following football for years people still don't understand that you can't win every game and are going to have games where everyone's not on it,  you don't get the breaking balls or the keeper has a stormer.

We done what we done the year we won the league. We got a result.

Up the F***ing reds.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #473: Dec 05, 2021 08:55:02 am
      We needed it, it was scripted as draw and Jota was super wasteful but Divock had one last trick up his sleeve.

Well done Origi. Hope you are fit in January because he might be useful ;)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #474: Dec 05, 2021 09:47:52 am
      Very nice. Can't beat a last minute winner. 😁👌
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #475: Dec 05, 2021 10:10:36 am
      One game of a real entertain. That Traore guy is interesting to think how JK would improve him if he is our player.
      Here in Thailand people who love football no matter what team they follow mostly call Divock Origi  "thep gee"  meaning Origi the God  haha

I just don't see it with Traore. What did he actually do yesterday?

He uses his strength and pace... but that's all he does. I don't think he's that smart a football player and it showed by how many times he fell into Liverpool's offside trap.

Even if he had one of his poorer games for us yesterday, you look at Mane in comparison and it's completely different. Even if he was poor on the ball yesterday he was still smart enough to make the runs, dragging people to make space for Robbo.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #476: Dec 05, 2021 10:14:29 am

He uses his strength and pace... but that's all he does. I don't think he's that smart a football player and it showed by how many times he fell into Liverpool's offside trap.

Even if he had one of his poorer games for us yesterday, you look at Mane in comparison and it's completely different. Even if he was poor on the ball yesterday he was still smart enough to make the runs, dragging people to make space for Robbo.

We could sign him. They probably need a bouncer on the door for the players xmas do.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #477: Dec 05, 2021 10:39:51 am

It's difficult to compare Traore with Mane. We're comparing a player well trained by Jürgen vs a player yet to be trained in our style (i.e. his raw instincts).
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #478: Dec 05, 2021 10:42:40 am
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #479: Dec 05, 2021 10:52:18 am
      They only conceeded 12 before today, thats for a reason

And almost a clean sheet after defending so well. Hard done by.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #480: Dec 05, 2021 11:43:57 am
      Can we say the mentality monsters are back?  :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #481: Dec 05, 2021 12:37:52 pm
      Still buzzing off the touchline celebrations with Klopp and Tsimikas.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #482: Dec 05, 2021 12:43:34 pm
      Can we say the mentality monsters are back?  :laugh:

5-0 takes some strong mentality as well.

Quick Reply