Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson Becker
      2 (2.6%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (2.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (5.1%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.3%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      15 (19.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (2.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.3%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      51 (65.4%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: Dec 08, 2021 04:56:15 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16883 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Dec 05, 2021 12:50:56 pm
      I just don't see it with Traore. What did he actually do yesterday?

He uses his strength and pace... but that's all he does. I don't think he's that smart a football player and it showed by how many times he fell into Liverpool's offside trap.

Even if he had one of his poorer games for us yesterday, you look at Mane in comparison and it's completely different. Even if he was poor on the ball yesterday he was still smart enough to make the runs, dragging people to make space for Robbo.

Agree 100 %. Also when teams bunker in against us as many do, he would be of little to no value. I'm thinking of a race horse that leads the race through the front stretch but doesn't take the turn, barging through the outside rail and on down the road while the real race goes on without him. He's  nearly 26, so not a young developing prospect.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #484: Dec 05, 2021 01:00:53 pm
      Still buzzing off the touchline celebrations with Klopp and Tsimikas.

all the celebrations are pure joy and so good to see you just cant fake stuff like that these lads are like brothers. I have watched so many clips of the goal and the celebrations you should never tire of seeing people happy like that. I believe in Karma and when they spent so much time cheating faking injury kicking the ball into the crowd after the whistle it was so good to see a 95th minute winner .
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #485: Dec 05, 2021 02:40:35 pm
      Still buzzing off the touchline celebrations with Klopp and Tsimikas.

Kostas seems to be very well liked by the team. You often see him laughing and joking with the other players.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #486: Dec 05, 2021 03:06:27 pm
      Make no mistake, Wolves away is a very difficult game. I wouldn't have been deflated with a draw as they are a very tough outfit at home and Coady is a beast at centre back.

Echoing the sentiments of many here, how the F**k did Jota miss that chance? We came good in the end though and we can't batter everyone we play.

As long as we keep the injuries down we will win this League. Touch wood and cross your fingers.

Number 20 is on the way.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #487: Dec 05, 2021 03:14:15 pm
      Jota getting some stick for his miss but both Sadio and Mo  missed a Robbo cross inside the 6 yard box . I also noticed Hendo was getting some stick with some people wanting him phased out (not on this forum). I hope we dont lose a game or Jurgens job may be under pressure
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #488: Dec 05, 2021 03:26:04 pm
      I just don't see it with Traore. What did he actually do yesterday?

He uses his strength and pace... but that's all he does. I don't think he's that smart a football player and it showed by how many times he fell into Liverpool's offside trap.

Even if he had one of his poorer games for us yesterday, you look at Mane in comparison and it's completely different. Even if he was poor on the ball yesterday he was still smart enough to make the runs, dragging people to make space for Robbo.

It is quite  struggling for me to describe what in my head mate and language barrier is made it even harder ;D.
      Please take a note that I'm not that serious about us signing him.
      I also think long ago after watch him few times that he is depend all on speed and very poor end product.
      But I can't resist having a smile when our players have to hunt in pack to stop him last night ;D.
      The closest to what I want to say is as ruthcity post above, so thanks ruthcity mate for help ;D

It's difficult to compare Traore with Mane. We're comparing a player well trained by JĆ¼rgen vs a player yet to be trained in our style (i.e. his raw instincts).

BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #489: Dec 05, 2021 04:36:04 pm
      I watched virtually this whole match on my phone while out for breakfast with my wife, toddler and mother in-law. Went for a piss around the 93rd minute and set the phone down on the hand dryer while I washed my hands; Divock smashed in the winner and I exploded, jumping up and down like my ass was on fire.

Well done to the boys, never giving up and letā€™s give it up for big Div, doing exactly what Klopp told him, going out there and ā€œjust being Divockā€.

YNWA
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #490: Dec 07, 2021 01:57:46 pm
      Quote from Salah10
      Well we defo bottled this one if it ends 0-0. League winners win this 1-0 imo.

If you're right, we will be the league winners.

Quote from waltonl4
      has one player ever been used so little but has had so huge an impact as Divok. FFS wrap him back up put him somewhere warm until he is  needed again

He will be needed next month. And not just as a last resort.

Quote from RC9
      I can only imagine the replies here if we drew, look at what it meant to all of those involved, that was me in my living room, voice has gone, going off some posts in here you would think some groaned when Origi's goal went in.

We know they did. The doubters were queueing up to be the first responders here if we didn't win, and I was dreading of having to read through another 5 pages here of the big Gini debate. Now, I don't even see 5 posts of it.

It was a very frustrating game to watch, and I missed the first 15 minutes. It was a throwback to years gone by, as we just couldn't break them down. The clock seemed to be on speed dial for the first 90 minutes. Every time I looked at it, another 5 minutes had disappeared in what seemed like no time. Every dive and roll around and time waste by them seemed to shave another 90 seconds off the clock. Then the Break Glass option was put on. People have lots to say about Origi and if we're honest a lot of it is justified, but he finally showed Jo and Mo and Mane how they should have been done it all afternoon.

We've still won every league game against Wolves since they were promoted. But if we really need a 93rd minute winner to win the league against them on the final day at home, we know what we have to do.
      « Last Edit: Dec 07, 2021 02:05:36 pm by lfc across the water »

Quick Reply