Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: AC Milan v Liverpool: Champions League Tues 7th Dec. KO 8pm

Read 4474 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: AC Milan v Liverpool: Champions League Tues 7th Dec. KO 8pm
      Dec 06, 2021 02:10:26 am
      Final group stage game of this year's Champions League as The Reds, who have won Group B going away with a perfect 15 points from 5 matches, travel to the San Siro to face their old European rivals Tuesday night.

The Italian side are still in contention for a berth in the round of 16, as are other group members Porto and Atletico Madrid, who square off in Portugal at the same time. That all three teams are still alive to advance could influence Jürgen Klopp's team selection. There's also the issue of a million or two in prize money for each group stage win.

Saying that, I think it would be in our best interest to make 9 or 10 changes, with this fixture being the third in a sequence of EIGHT matches in TWENTY FOUR days.

I'd love to see a team of Kelleher, Neco Williams, Konate, Phillips, Tsimikas, Morton, Ox, Milner, Minamino, Origi and Jota, both to rest our normal starting XI and give these players a full runout. I doubt there are quite this many changes on the night (but probably will be some).

Not sure the situation now with fans attending matches in Italy, or what restrictions are in place for travel outside of UK at the moment. Anyone know?
      « Last Edit: Dec 07, 2021 05:49:48 pm by JD »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Pre-Match: AC Milan v Liverpool: Champions League Tues 7th Dec. KO 8pm
      Reply #1: Dec 06, 2021 07:52:59 am
      Team will be interesting, defo starts for lots of guys who have been subs past 2 games.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2: Dec 06, 2021 09:21:13 am
      Record of being the first English side to win all group games plus the win payments would have me sceptical about what team goes out. Not sure if any rules about fair play as if Milan beat us it could see them qualify in 2nd.

That aside I would hope to see rest for some and game time for others

Ali

Neco Konate Nat Robbo

OX MilnerJones

Mo  Origi  Taki

Not sure if Jones is fit. Id go with Robbo and Mo as both look fresh and in flying form, get them off at half time or on the hour
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #3: Dec 06, 2021 10:00:58 am
      Hope to see a few regulars in the side. Although I realise it is sensible to rest players, with a tough run of fixtures in December and the New Year.
      To win all group stage matches would be a marvellous achievement for the club.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #4: Dec 06, 2021 10:02:30 am
      Don’t care who else but Div needs to be on that team sheet in the starting 11!
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #5: Dec 06, 2021 10:23:11 am
      I know some people want us to be the first English team to win 6/6 in the group games but we need to prioritise our fixture list in December. Can definitely see at least 5 or 6 changes.

It would be a great achievement but this is a dead rubber game for us
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #6: Dec 06, 2021 11:12:52 am
      NB: Team no longer available
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #7: Dec 06, 2021 12:16:34 pm
      Difficult to predict score for this game, with probably quite a few players  rested, ready for the visit of Aston Villa on Saturday.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #8: Dec 06, 2021 12:37:02 pm
      I know some people want us to be the first English team to win 6/6 in the group games but we need to prioritise our fixture list in December. Can definitely see at least 5 or 6 changes.

It would be a great achievement but this is a dead rubber game for us

Agree with this.
      Beating Villa on Sat now becomes more important. And I believe they wont have a mid week match 🤷‍♂️
      rossyred

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #9: Dec 06, 2021 02:50:37 pm

Milner banned
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #10: Dec 06, 2021 04:00:04 pm

Did not know that. Not good for rotation :(
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #11: Dec 06, 2021 04:22:00 pm
      Got to be honest, if it's the only way to ensure Atletico is out of the CL, I won't lose any sleep if we don't win this. I don't want to have to face them again later in the competition.

A little bit of rotation would do nicely for this game. A few players need some rest.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #12: Dec 06, 2021 04:55:44 pm
                     Alisson
      Trent - Matip - Konate - Kostas
               Hendo - Fabinho
            Taki- Oxlade - Mane
                       Origi
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13: Dec 06, 2021 04:58:03 pm
      Agree with this.
      Beating Villa on Sat now becomes more important. And I believe they wont have a mid week match 🤷‍♂️

Ditto.

That record leaves me cold compared to keeping pace in the tie race.  Cheers to rossyred for the correction on Milner's availability, too bad Jones and Keira are still out.  Maybe Hendo and Fab split the 90 then.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #14: Dec 06, 2021 05:27:04 pm
                     Alisson
               Hendo - Fabinho
            Taki- Oxlade - Mane
                       Origi

Think you may have hit it on the head. There will be changes but not a completely different starting 11. I'm guessing Gomez isn't back and fit yet?
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #15: Dec 06, 2021 05:33:39 pm
                     Alisson
               Hendo - Fabinho
            Taki- Oxlade - Mane
                       Origi

Doubt Matip play 3 games in a row.  May see Philips in this one.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #16: Dec 06, 2021 05:55:02 pm
      Don’t think there will be too much rotation, Jürgen has already alluded that there will be little to no rotation, so I reckon we’re going full on first half + and then use the five subs allowed in this competition, as in the first leg AC won’t be able to handle our intensity, we will become the first side to have a  100% record in the qualifying group,

Only one winner for me so no point pontificating lots of bollocks about how or why, they may as well just give us the points and be done with it, but we like to have the Italians running around like headless chicken chasing lost causes,

I can see AC positively shitting themselves before a ball is kicked, they won’t fancy their chances one fookin bit, so for me their beat already psychologically, like I say only one winner, score could be anything, but I’m going for a very respectable…..

…….0-3

Y  N  W  A
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #17: Dec 06, 2021 06:21:10 pm
      Well the Greek Scouser is playing so I expect it to be

Alisson

Williams
      Konate
      ??
      Kostas

Fabinho
      Henderson
      Ox

Taki
      Origi
      Mo

rossyred

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #18: Dec 06, 2021 07:10:32 pm
      Ditto.

That record leaves me cold compared to keeping pace in the tie race.  Cheers to rossyred for the correction on Milner's availability, too bad Jones and Keira are still out.  Maybe Hendo and Fab split the 90 then.

Keita will play at some point be one of the 5 subs he will use at some point
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #19: Dec 06, 2021 07:27:46 pm
      Don’t think there will be too much rotation, Jürgen has already alluded that there will be little to no rotation

Where did you see that Billy? Only thing I've seen was from his pressers:

“We have to rotate, we will rotate. That’s clear. The medical department would smash me if I played the same side again, so I will make changes!"

Seems pretty clear there will be some (maybe significant) rotation?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #20: Dec 06, 2021 08:38:37 pm
      https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1467956069070737417

Few minutes for Naby and Gomez would be good with the games coming thick and fast over the next few weeks.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #21: Dec 06, 2021 11:14:47 pm
      Did not know that. Not good for rotation :(

He got himself booked on purpose last game so he’d miss this one, but be available for the first knockout game😊
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #22: Dec 07, 2021 09:03:27 am
      Where did you see that Billy? Only thing I've seen was from his pressers:

“We have to rotate, we will rotate. That’s clear. The medical department would smash me if I played the same side again, so I will make changes!"

Seems pretty clear there will be some (maybe significant) rotation?

yea. thats what Ive seen too.

I reckon we will see more changes tonight than last game.

But will still be a very strong team, cos like of origi, ox, kostas all been playing well when called upon. And young williams & morton deserves another start.

Quick Reply