Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: AC Milan v Liverpool: Champions League Tues 7th Dec. KO 8pm

Read 4473 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Re: Pre-Match: AC Milan v Liverpool: Champions League Tues 7th Dec. KO 8pm
      Reply #23: Dec 07, 2021 10:57:42 am
      He got himself booked on purpose last game so he’d miss this one, but be available for the first knockout game😊

Clever.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #24: Dec 07, 2021 12:08:18 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #25: Dec 07, 2021 12:09:34 pm
      Is Klopp expected to put a weaken side out due to already qualifying?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26: Dec 07, 2021 12:36:15 pm
      Is Klopp expected to put a weaken side out due to already qualifying?

Not sure he will
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #27: Dec 07, 2021 12:53:32 pm
      My predicted team.

--------------- Allison -------------
      Williams - Matip - Konate - Kostas
      ------------- Morton --------------
      ----- Taki ----------- Ox -------
      -- Salah ----- Origi --- Mane -----

Lots of top super subs. ;-)
      « Last Edit: Dec 07, 2021 01:03:37 pm by brezipool »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #28: Dec 07, 2021 01:59:02 pm
      My predicted team.

--------------- Allison -------------
      Williams - Matip - Konate - Kostas
      ------------- Morton --------------
      ----- Taki ----------- Ox -------
      -- Salah ----- Origi --- Mane -----

Lots of top super subs. ;-)

Hope Origi can add to his goal tally if he starts tonight. Normally does well coming off the bench. Still it is well worth giving him a start in tonight's game .
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #29: Dec 07, 2021 02:17:12 pm
      Hope Origi can add to his goal tally if he starts tonight. Normally does well coming off the bench. Still it is well worth giving him a start in tonight's game .

defo.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #30: Dec 07, 2021 03:51:25 pm
      Where did you see that Billy? Only thing I've seen was from his pressers:

â€œWe have to rotate, we will rotate. That’s clear. The medical department would smash me if I played the same side again, so I will make changes!"

Seems pretty clear there will be some (maybe significant) rotation?

Fairy Muff mate, I was alluding to what he said earlier that there will be little rotation because  of the contractual rules, meaning he can’t field a team of ressies because we’ve qualified already, money talks so the powers at be will expect a side with a majority of first team names, not sure what kind of % that means  for selection, eg; 7/4 or 6/5, 8/3,

As for the game itself I think they were missing one or two big guns first game, aka Slatan for one, is he back tonight ? Dunno, I just think we will put a fairly strong  side out first half and then see what happens,

Confident of another away win .

Y  N  W  A
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #31: Dec 07, 2021 03:56:42 pm
      joking apart I wouldnt want to be flying back here tonight its blowing like mad.
      Looking forward to the howls of derision at Jurgens selection. He has already said the Medical team will not allow him to play the same team again. Great chance for those who play to prove why they are worthy of a place at the weekend.
      rossyred

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #32: Dec 07, 2021 05:15:24 pm
      Did not know that. Not good for rotation :(

Would of been a good game for him but clearly klopp didn't trust him to walk the tightrope so to speak
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #33: Dec 07, 2021 05:21:04 pm
      I would like to see the Hendo Fab and Thiago midfield again this could be every bit as important as our front three it is by far the most complete trio in midfield I can remember. These boys can score a goal set up a goal and defend infact this team could easily be the best we have had they just need the silverware to back it up....Thankyou Jürgen.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #34: Dec 07, 2021 05:24:53 pm
      From the echo. Thiago, Jota, Hendo & Virgil never travelled.

Liverpool squad for Milan
      From what we could discern in training and travel pictures, the squad Klopp will have to pick from later will be something along these lines:

Goalkeepers: Alisson, Kelleher, Pitaluga, Karius, Davies.

Defenders: Matip, Gomez, Konate, Phillips, Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Tsimikas, Williams, Bradley.

Midfielders: Fabinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Keita, Morton, Dixon-Bonner.

Forwards: Salah, Mane, Origi, Minamino.

Still the makings of a strong team there, whichever way the boss goes.

Midfield will be interesting though! Morton looks set to start. As for who lines up alongside him...
      « Last Edit: Dec 07, 2021 06:17:37 pm by brezipool, Reason: missing players out. »
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #35: Dec 07, 2021 06:16:41 pm
      Think we'll have a slightly rotated team and my head is saying 1-1 will be the result... hopefully we can get a win though and continue the 100%.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #36: Dec 07, 2021 06:41:02 pm
      Got to have Taki and Divock in attack tonight surely ? playing Villa soon so we want our best 11 for then to keep the title hope alive , Morton and Konate to play tonight and probably Neco too ....I think ;D
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #37: Dec 07, 2021 06:45:19 pm
      I expect a decent amount of changes tonight. Would love to see Kelleher, Nat and Morton get a start, but of those 3 probably only Morton has a strong chance of starting.

Alisson
      Neco - Matip - Konate - Kostas
                     Morton
               Ox         Taki
      Salah       Big Div      Mane

Quick Reply