Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

FA Cup 2021/22: Winners Liverpool F.C.

Read 21078 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: FA Cup 2021/22
      Reply #92: Jan 11, 2022 03:58:42 pm
      Good manners and politeness are free.

Jürgen has them in spades.

Anyway, now hes away from that lot, his manners may return.  :lmao:

you need to listen more he has plenty of people slag him off for his arrogance only when you are as good as Stevie was as a player and becoming as a manager or how good Jürgen is it is not arrogance because you can back it up.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #93: Jan 11, 2022 04:01:28 pm
      you need to listen more he has plenty of people slag him off for his arrogance only when you are as good as Stevie was as a player and becoming as a manager or how good Jürgen is it is not arrogance because you can back it up.

Difference between arrogance and just plain rudeness.

Anyway, like I say, hope he does well with villa, and maybe being away from the toxic old firm he wont be so prickly.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      Reply #94: Jan 11, 2022 04:56:14 pm
      Good manners and politeness are free.

Difference between arrogance and just plain rudeness.

Anyway, like I say, hope he does well with villa, and maybe being away from the toxic old firm he wont be so prickly.

Yeah like having thousands singing about one of his kids not being his own (even though they are) and him slipping on his arse every other F***ing week.

Goes both ways lad!!

Plus as Walt said Jürgen can't claim to have been a world class player that pretty much backed it up every week, unlike Gerrard. Jürgen's a much more outgoing character than Steven is, Gerrard's actually quite shy and introverted.

« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2022 05:01:28 pm by HUYTON RED »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #95: Jan 11, 2022 05:22:37 pm
      Yeah like having thousands singing about one of his kids not being his own (even though they are) and him slipping on his arse every other f**king week.

Goes both ways lad!!

Plus as Walt said Jürgen can't claim to have been a world class player that pretty much backed it up every week, unlike Gerrard. Jürgen's a much more outgoing character than Steven is, Gerrard's actually quite shy and introverted.

Oh I totally agree about the songs, disgraceful.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #96: Jan 13, 2022 11:41:55 am
      Newcastle are in a bit of a state aren't they.

Will probably be able to buy their way out of trouble though sadly.

Don’t know where to put this so this looks good as place as any.  ;D

What a master stroke by Newcastle, they meet a release clause in one of their main rivals for going down and take their best striker off Burnley  :lmao: You just can’t make it up can you.  ;D Does my bet on Newcastle staying up a world of good.  :lmao:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #97: Jan 13, 2022 12:28:43 pm
      Don’t know where to put this so this looks good as place as any.  ;D

What a master stroke by Newcastle, they meet a release clause in one of their main rivals for going down and take their best striker off Burnley  :lmao: You just can’t make it up can you.  ;D Does my bet on Newcastle staying up a world of good.  :lmao:

Not sure I share your view here.

Way I see it, they massively overpaid for a 30 year old striker that hasn't exactly been prolific in front of goal. A striker that doesn't even seem to fit the way Newcastle play, with their wingers cutting inside rather than crossing the ball.

Meanwhile, Burnley can use the cash on someone better...

Time will tell but at the minute, this deal very much sounds like the "Carroll to Liverpool" nightmare.  :) But hey, that'll teach them to take advantage of us... :D
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #98: Jan 13, 2022 12:41:34 pm

Way I see it, they massively overpaid for a 30 year old striker that hasn't exactly been prolific in front of goal. A striker that doesn't even seem to fit the way Newcastle play, with their wingers cutting inside rather than crossing the ball.

Time will tell but at the minute, this deal very much sounds like the "Carroll to Liverpool" nightmare.  :) But hey, that'll teach them to take advantage of us... :D

Who’s got what? 3 goals this season? Hardly taking that much from them

Cornet is their main goal scorer this season and £25m gives them a pot to try to find another one of them

Take a non scoring forward from them, give them the cash to replace with a couple of players

Can’t see how that’s overly smart

Reactionary if anything to losing Wilson for a couple of months if anything, and a good striker they can’t entice
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #99: Jan 13, 2022 12:43:04 pm

Remember the Carroll gate tape well, obviously had a good laugh at that at the time. Time will tell obviously, I feel happier about my bet now but been wrong before.  ;D
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #100: Jan 13, 2022 12:53:18 pm
      Remember the Carroll gate tape well, obviously had a good laugh at that at the time.

Me too I had a good laugh at the time.
      Or perhaps it was a nervous breakdown... I can't remember.  :lmao:
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Reply #101: Jan 13, 2022 03:01:50 pm
      Nice on the Cardiff fans for this to be noon KO on a Sunday. First train doesn't even get to the station until 11 mins after noon .
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #102: Jan 13, 2022 11:31:32 pm
      Quote from AlwaysTheKop
      I hate VAR, it’s sucked everything good from the game, how isn’t that a goal because Cavani decided to dive to the floor nowhere near the action.

You've made your point. We're not going back to the dark ages of refs having one look at an incident and getting it wrong. VAR is now routine in every major competition in the world. You might hate it but that's the way it is now.

Quote from -LFC-
      Villa very unlucky there -- completely bossed that 2nd half playing good football and in pre-VAR days or 99% of FA Cup history that was a goal all day long. It took several minutes and much fine forensic squinting to spot Cavani falling over in the far corner of the screen but apparently that's enough these days

Unfortunately it is. When the ref got the chance to see what happened for himself, (as the rest of us did) there was only one thing he could do.

We've now had VAR used in this competition for 5 seasons. Every one of the 32 ties played should have VAR available, but as only a minority of games at this stage have it, that's what we have to go with. If the FA Cup is still a competition to be taken seriously, then it is right that every major incident in it is checked.

As regards to the integrity of the competition, which seems to be a big thing for people. The rules of the sport haven't changed at the venues with VAR, it's just the ref makes his decision fully informed of everything that happened, instead of guessing and hoping he's made the right call, without it.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #103: Jan 14, 2022 07:37:13 am
      You've made your point. We're not going back to the dark ages of refs having one look at an incident and getting it wrong.

No, now they get numerous looks to get it wrong
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      Reply #104: Jan 14, 2022 01:52:19 pm
      You've made your point. We're not going back to the dark ages of refs having one look at an incident and getting it wrong. VAR is now routine in every major competition in the world.

And yet still the people usimg are still making those same mistakes as well as making new ones and changing rules such as the offside including that pathetic carrying on until move breaks down and then linesman finally flags.

It's a sh*t system that only pedantic virgins seem to love. Everyone else already F***ing hates it and has been said it has already created an almost class divide in the game. If a rule is brought into the game it should be applicable at every level of the game. VAR isn't!!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #105: Jan 19, 2022 08:40:24 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      And yet still the people usimg are still making those same mistakes as well as making new ones and changing rules such as the offside including that pathetic carrying on until move breaks down and then linesman finally flags.

It's already created an almost class divide in the game. If a rule is brought into the game it should be applicable at every level of the game. VAR isn't!!

The rules apply at every level of the game. Offside is offside whether it's Sunday League or the Premier League. When VAR is in operation, the flags are kept down because the linesman isn't 100% sure that a player is offside, he doesn't want to put his flag up and get it wrong, so he let's play go on. We have seen tonnes of offside decisions given, when the player was well onside. It's not a rule, it's a guideline, it's not very hard to understand, and I don't see why pundits are confused by it. In any case, you play to the whistle, not the flag.   

There has been a class divide in the sport since as far back as I can remember. And that's long before VAR was available.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      Reply #106: Jan 20, 2022 07:11:12 pm
      The rules apply at every level of the game. Offside is offside whether it's Sunday League or the Premier League. When VAR is in operation, the flags are kept down because the linesman isn't 100% sure that a player is offside, he doesn't want to put his flag up and get it wrong, so he let's play go on. We have seen tonnes of offside decisions given, when the player was well onside. It's not a rule, it's a guideline, it's not very hard to understand, and I don't see why pundits are confused by it. In any case, you play to the whistle, not the flag.   

There has been a class divide in the sport since as far back as I can remember. And that's long before VAR was available.

Yes but the rules stayed the same. Now with VAR there is a divide between Premier League and Championship level .
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #107: Feb 05, 2022 02:09:37 pm
      Ah the romance of a lower division team humping the ball upfield for 90 minutes while the top flight side tries to generate interest.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #108: Feb 05, 2022 02:22:40 pm
      Tough one for Kidderminster to take that
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #109: Feb 05, 2022 02:28:53 pm
      Tough one for Kidderminster to take that

Would have meant so much more to them.

A replay ar West Ham would have been.a nice consolation financially, but those days are over I guess.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #110: Feb 06, 2022 04:23:01 pm
      Brendan Rodgers v his old colleague at Liverpool, ex youth team manager Steve Cooper.

And it's first blood to Steve Cooper!

Come on Forest!

edit: Sensational! 2-0!!! Two goals in 60 seconds!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #111: Feb 06, 2022 04:24:56 pm
      Brendan Rodgers v his old colleague at Liverpool, ex youth team manager Steve Cooper.

And it's first blood to Steve Cooper!

Come on Forest!

make that two in a minute
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #112: Feb 06, 2022 04:32:49 pm
      This Leicester game is incredible
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #113: Feb 06, 2022 04:34:05 pm
      It's 3-0!!!!

15 minutes ago Leicester fans (with their usual brand of infantilism) were chanting to Forest supporters 'You're support is F***ing sh*t'.

15 minutes later - 3-0 down.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #114: Feb 06, 2022 04:34:41 pm

Just Forest reminding Leicester who the bigger club is.

Quick Reply