Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Villa?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (3.6%)
      Joel Matip
      7 (12.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (32.1%)
       Fabinho
      9 (16.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (5.4%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      2 (3.6%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      14 (25%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: Dec 15, 2021 04:53:20 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 13171 times
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Dec 12, 2021 01:22:17 am
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #323: Dec 12, 2021 02:53:11 am
      You really are thick & donā€™t  understand the game if you think this team doesnā€™t need quality additions to maintain the course itā€™s on.

A team will eventually stagnate if it isnā€™t refreshed every now and then, it keeps the current players on their toes, prevents complacency and helps keep the flow/sharpness levels high, not to mention the need to have youth in your team, think Great White Shark teeth, always new sharper teeth replacing the older well used ones, without getting into the FSG are tighter than a mermaids minge debate, already a thread for that, we need to be seeing 1 or 3 new swinging dicks through the door next summer, at the earliest, so they can be bedded into the philosophy and get used to the intensity we play and train at, we have Hendo, Fabinho, Mane, Mo, Bobby, Virgil, Matip, thatā€™s more or less the whole spine all either at or going over the age of 30, and despite the modern health & fitness regimeā€™s most of these athletes are on, itā€™s your body which will ultimately decide your fate,

We cannot expect to keep pushing these players each and every season to perform as they do without injuries and set backs taking their toll, something has to give in the end, and the older you are the longer it takes to recover and reach their optimum if they ever do !!

Y  N  W  A
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #324: Dec 12, 2021 10:23:49 am
      At the end of the day, it was a hard earned win, another 3 points, which all that matters !
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #325: Dec 12, 2021 12:15:34 pm
      Frustrating game that yesterday.

When gerrard took the Rangers job, I took a natural interest in them and watched a lot of their games. I was always impressed with how they set up and played. Even when they came up against superior teams (especially in Europe), theyā€™ve always had a go and played good stuff.

Yesterday really surprised me. I know weā€™re a lot better than Villa and they canā€™t exactly go toe to toe with us, but it was like watching a Burnley or a Sam allardyce type performance.  They came to spoil the game. I donā€™t even remember them having a shot. Time wasting from the first minute and how that bellend goalie never got a yellow for them is a mystery. He should have been booked after ten mins.

Villa can play however they want and itā€™s up to us to find a way to beat them but it was anti-football from them yesterday and I thought the likes of stevie in particular would frown upon all that sh*te. Iā€™ve never seen his side play like that up to now. I had the phone in on in the car on the way home and the praise gerrard got from fellow reds was baffling to me. It was like watching F***ing Everton.

Anyway moving on to us. Despite Villa trying to spoil the game, I thought we did fairly well in the circumstances. We dominated the game but it was one of those matches where we couldnā€™t find our shooting boots so the crowd was getting a bit restless. We had the chances and on another day we would have won a lot more convincingly. Because we couldnā€™t convert them, that meant we had a nervous ten or fifteen minutes towards the end when Villa actually decided to move out of their half but we weathered the storm and got the win.

I thought everybody had a fairly decent game apart from Hendo and Thiago who couldnā€™t quite get going and play to their usual level for whatever reason. A bit tired maybe? It seemed that way to me.

Felt sorry for ox, heā€™s come in for a lot of stick but heā€™s never going to have the same impact as Jota does in that position and I thought he did alright personally. Thereā€™s a feller who sits behind me who really has it in for him and every time he makes a mistake heā€™s shouting & moaning his head off but when salah or somebody like that makes the same mistake 2 minutes later he says ā€˜unlucky Mo hard luck ladā€™. Heā€™s a F***ing divvy.

Only other thing to say is the ref was abysmal despite giving us a soft pen. I donā€™t like talking about officials because sometimes it comes across as petty to me, but he was shocking. He had a clear agenda against us and he didnā€™t even try and hide it, it was blatantly obvious. Itā€™s on of the worst referee performances Iā€™ve ever seen. Iā€™d bet my right bollock heā€™s a manc, bluenose or a Chelsea fan. Terrible.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #326: Dec 12, 2021 02:21:22 pm
      We won and that is all we wanted.

Gerrard made it difficult for us. Alisson was super lucky yesterday, did some horror mistakes.

Salah is so focused and calm during pens.

Soft pen but he was touched, City's pen was horrible.

Come on Reds.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #327: Dec 12, 2021 03:42:12 pm
      We won and that is all we wanted.

Gerrard made it difficult for us. Alisson was super lucky yesterday, did some horror mistakes.

Salah is so focused and calm during pens.

Soft pen but he was touched, City's pen was horrible.

Come on Reds.

Touched 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø He got his left leg across the front of Mings
      Who then clatters into him. Clear pen and more than a ā€˜touchā€™.

This is what you get from Mings. Useless uncontrolled lunges of tackles. Usually backs off attackers to avoid the inevitable poor tackle. Treats the ball like a hot potato and often shifts it to a team mate to deal with under pressure, playing them into trouble. Or the alternative hoof ball.  Clearly the worst CH in the top 2 divisions.
      England ? Can only be political 😊
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #328: Dec 12, 2021 06:22:07 pm

This is what you get from Mings. Useless uncontrolled lunges of tackles. Usually backs off attackers to avoid the inevitable poor tackle. Treats the ball like a hot potato and often shifts it to a team mate to deal with under pressure, playing them into trouble. Or the alternative hoof ball.  Clearly the worst CH in the top 2 divisions.

I actually think he's a better centre back than Micheal Keane and when Harry Maguire's the competition is it really political?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #329: Dec 12, 2021 09:27:30 pm

When gerrard took the Rangers job, I took a natural interest in them and watched a lot of their games. I was always impressed with how they set up and played. Even when they came up against superior teams (especially in Europe), theyā€™ve always had a go and played good stuff.

Yesterday really surprised me. I know weā€™re a lot better than Villa and they canā€™t exactly go toe to toe with us, but it was like watching a Burnley or a Sam allardyce type performance.  They came to spoil the game. I donā€™t even remember them having a shot. Time wasting from the first minute and how that bellend goalie never got a yellow for them is a mystery. He should have been booked after ten mins.

Villa can play however they want and itā€™s up to us to find a way to beat them but it was anti-football from them yesterday and I thought the likes of stevie in particular would frown upon all that sh*te. Iā€™ve never seen his side play like that up to now. I had the phone in on in the car on the way home and the praise gerrard got from fellow reds was baffling to me. It was like watching f**king Everton.

Anyway moving on to us. Despite Villa trying to spoil the game, I thought we did fairly well in the circumstances. We dominated the game but it was one of those matches where we couldnā€™t find our shooting boots so the crowd was getting a bit restless. We had the chances and on another day we would have won a lot more convincingly. Because we couldnā€™t convert them, that meant we had a nervous ten or fifteen minutes towards the end when Villa actually decided to move out of their half but we weathered the storm and got the win.

I thought everybody had a fairly decent game apart from Hendo and Thiago who couldnā€™t quite get going and play to their usual level for whatever reason. A bit tired maybe? It seemed that way to me.

Felt sorry for ox, heā€™s come in for a lot of stick but heā€™s never going to have the same impact as Jota does in that position and I thought he did alright personally. Thereā€™s a feller who sits behind me who really has it in for him and every time he makes a mistake heā€™s shouting & moaning his head off but when salah or somebody like that makes the same mistake 2 minutes later he says ā€˜unlucky Mo hard luck ladā€™. Heā€™s a f**king divvy.

Only other thing to say is the ref was abysmal despite giving us a soft pen. I donā€™t like talking about officials because sometimes it comes across as petty to me, but he was shocking. He had a clear agenda against us and he didnā€™t even try and hide it, it was blatantly obvious. Itā€™s on of the worst referee performances Iā€™ve ever seen. Iā€™d bet my right bollock heā€™s a manc, bluenose or a Chelsea fan. Terrible.

Thatā€™s a sound analysis H, and to be honest i thought we were slightly off key yesterday, your right that we dominated and I just think it was one of those games where try as you might, sometimes it just doesnā€™t happen your way,
      I think also we need to cut Gerrard some slack here, had his players came out and played like they have last 3, they would have got slaughtered, Stevie hasnā€™t  quite stamped his mark on his players just yet, so to avoid a possible proper hiding he had them playing for the draw, hence the Shitehouse  tactics that were used, I guess he wanted to avoid a proper battering to keep confidence high within his squad, so I can see why he resorted to the Allardyce way .

Y  N  W  A

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #330: Dec 12, 2021 09:41:23 pm

Thatā€™s a sound analysis H, and to be honest i thought we were slightly off key yesterday, your right that we dominated and I just think it was one of those games where try as you might, sometimes it just doesnā€™t happen your way,
      I think also we need to cut Gerrard some slack here, had his players came out and played like they have last 3, they would have got slaughtered, Stevie hasnā€™t  quite stamped his mark on his players just yet, so to avoid a possible proper hiding he had them playing for the draw, hence the Shitehouse  tactics that were used, I guess he wanted to avoid a proper battering to keep confidence high within his squad, so I can see why he resorted to the Allardyce way .

Y  N  W  A

sometimes it can be difficult  when a team doesnt come to play and Stevie knows how the Crowd work and how to silence them.
      The fact they won and had the majority of the game I am ok that it was a struggle as I know if needed these lads can find an extra gear when needed. They are human afterall although some performances would suggest they can perform miracles
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #331: Dec 12, 2021 11:29:43 pm

Villa can play however they want and itā€™s up to us to find a way to beat them but it was anti-football from them yesterday and I thought the likes of stevie in particular would frown upon all that sh*te. Iā€™ve never seen his side play like that up to now. I had the phone in on in the car on the way home and the praise gerrard got from fellow reds was baffling to me. It was like watching F***ing Everton.

Felt sorry for ox, heā€™s come in for a lot of stick but heā€™s never going to have the same impact as Jota does in that position and I thought he did alright personally. Thereā€™s a feller who sits behind me who really has it in for him and every time he makes a mistake heā€™s shouting & moaning his head off but when salah or somebody like that makes the same mistake 2 minutes later he says ā€˜unlucky Mo hard luck ladā€™. Heā€™s a F***ing divvy.

I honestly don't care what tactics he played because he is not ours. We took the 3 points so no room for empathy.

I would judge him for his tactics if and when he is ours.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #332: Dec 13, 2021 01:51:30 pm
      Quote from Scottbot
      Good hard fought win where all that matters was getting the three points and thatā€™s what the lads did. Must admit I thought the pen was soft and had the ref not given it Iā€™m not sure VAR would have overturned it. It was clever from Mo to get his body in front of the ball and slow up knowing Mings will make contact. I also thought the same if the Allison incident at the other end, seen them given.

Some decent analysis in motd (for a change) where they highlighted how dominant we were defensively. I think fab and Matip have been terrific all season. So great to have them back!

Just 1 goal conceded since the international break. Though Alisson looked like he could have done with the break instead of going to Milan. Tbh, it looks like he won the ball for their penalty appeal, and if he did then the penalty couldn't be given. But it's not the first time this season he has had a poor game. The next error could see him picking the ball out of his net again. Our penalty was a clear and obvious penalty, Salah was tripped twice, that's the end of the argument. We should have scored more, but 1 was enough.

I don't think I'll ever get used to the sight of Steve in the opposition dugout wanting to get results against us, and protesting about  decisions that went our way. I know why obviously, but it just doesn't fit. But if he really wants our job, then he'll have to show more ambition than time wasting and parking the bus. Now granted, he's not the first to do that or the last, but very few opponents want to be our next one in charge, and you need to have more than that to get our job. Otherwise, he'll have as much chance of getting it as Steve Bruce.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #333: Dec 13, 2021 04:38:59 pm

Y  N  W  A

I just didnā€™t think gerrard of all people would be like that mate.

He clearly said to his players pre game to slow the game down as much as possible, time waste and to basically cheat. Itā€™s anti football and I just didnā€™t have him down as somebody to encourage that. You can still set up and play against better teams without resorting to all that sh*te.

I watched so many of his rangers games when gerrard was up there and their style of play was a real mix of rafa and brendan. Well organised and in good shape but brutal on the counter attack too. They really impressed me. Even his short time at Villa theyā€™ve played similar and they gave city a good go the other week.

But he came to anfield and it was like watching a fat Sam side. Really surprised me.

For the record I obviously love stevie and so far in his management career I have nothing but praise for him, but I find it difficult to compliment tactics like that, it just doesnā€™t sit well with me. So I donā€™t think Villa played well, or stevie set them up well, I think theyā€™re cu*ts and they got what they deserved and that ashley young can F**k off too the bird sh*t eating c**t.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #334: Dec 13, 2021 04:49:42 pm

YUP. Our penalty was one of the clearer ones all weekend, that one city got was shocking.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #335: Dec 13, 2021 04:50:57 pm
      I just didnā€™t think gerrard of all people would be like that mate.

He clearly said to his players pre game to slow the game down as much as possible, time waste and to basically cheat. Itā€™s anti football and I just didnā€™t have him down as somebody to encourage that. You can still set up and play against better teams without resorting to all that sh*te.

I watched so many of his rangers games when gerrard was up there and their style of play was a real mix of rafa and brendan. Well organised and in good shape but brutal on the counter attack too. They really impressed me. Even his short time at Villa theyā€™ve played similar and they gave city a good go the other week.

But he came to anfield and it was like watching a fat Sam side. Really surprised me.

For the record I obviously love stevie and so far in his management career I have nothing but praise for him, but I find it difficult to compliment tactics like that, it just doesnā€™t sit well with me. So I donā€™t think Villa played well, or stevie set them up well, I think theyā€™re cu*ts and they got what they deserved and that ashley young can f**k off too the bird sh*t eating c**t.

he moaned like fuk when my home team motherwell did it at Ibrox to his rangers team.  :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #336: Dec 13, 2021 04:58:19 pm

Are you serious? Mings is a solid center half for the most part. Not sure where you are getting any of that analysis and what the hell does that mean...political? He a Boris Johnson sympathizer or something?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #337: Dec 16, 2021 11:28:59 am
      Fuckkkkk forgot to come i. Here and say get the fuckkk innnnnn

Tough win! Brilliant 3 points!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #338: Dec 17, 2021 08:42:47 pm
      Are you serious? Mings is a solid center half for the most part. Not sure where you are getting any of that analysis and what the hell does that mean...political? He a Boris Johnson sympathizer or something?

The analysis comes from watching him. I also know he didnā€™t get where he is on ability alone, or lack of it.
      You think heā€™s good, thatā€™s fine. My opinion is just that, my opinion. Although I do have personal knowledge that you probably havenā€™t been privy to. End of.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #339: Dec 18, 2021 01:07:14 am
      The analysis comes from watching him. I also know he didnā€™t get where he is on ability alone, or lack of it.
      You think heā€™s good, thatā€™s fine. My opinion is just that, my opinion. Although I do have personal knowledge that you probably havenā€™t been privy to. End of.

Whatā€™s your personally knowledge?

Quick Reply