Trending Topics

Next match: Palace v LFC [Premier League] Sun 23rd Jan @ 2:00 pm
      Selhurst Park

Today is the 21st of January and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W11 D5 L7

Champions League Draw

Read 2754 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,410 posts | 5082 
      Re: Champions League Draw
      Reply #125: Dec 15, 2021 10:41:02 am
      Four wins to our three.

I wouldn't say they have our number.

wasnt it 2 under Brendan and one when they assaulted our best player in the final I dont have a problem facing them or anyone else nobody wants to come to Anfield
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 34,217 posts | 6047 
      Reply #126: Dec 15, 2021 10:41:43 am
      What's the point? There's no certainty about any travel atm, let alone in 2 or 3 months time. Basically, when you're not playing at home on the day, this is a tv tournament for most people.

For armchair fans obviously, but how about our away numbers who went to all three away games?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 34,217 posts | 6047 
      Reply #127: Dec 15, 2021 10:42:20 am
      wasnt it 2 under Brendan and one when they assaulted our best player in the final I dont have a problem facing them or anyone else nobody wants to come to Anfield

Last season's second round games, beaten at the Bernabeu and drew at Anfield.!!
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,604 posts | 1071 
      Reply #128: Dec 15, 2021 10:55:52 am
      The pre klopp years minus the little oasis Rafa brought has left a big scar mentally. People still have that bit of fear dont they.

We should know by now this team need fear nobody at any time or place. This team is elite. Opponents will always fear us more then we fear them.

Yes inter will be no walk in the park. A good side and a huge history, with history comes pride and with pride comes fight. Im expecting it to be tough over both legs. And I expect to be in the quarters all the better for it

We know. But there are always buts:

1) fear of our players not turning up which could potentially result in losing in games like West Ham.
      2) distrust or no confidence in our players that they would show up against branded team.
      3) fear of losing and looking for better odds on winning - playing a team with a not so illustrious history is more welcomed and gives us an easier chance of winning at least on paper.
      4) too much respect for the opponent which has earned a reputation as a big team. Fear that they’d turn up and we’ll be trashed.

In short we hate losing and will find ways to “improve” our chances of winning (including suggesting adding other team’s players to our squad) even though we have totally no control of who we will face. It feels better to just say “I’d have preferred to play [an unknown club of your choice]”. We know it doesn’t change anything. But the posts will continue to appear in the next round, in the following seasons…

It’s a natural human expression and release of emotions.

Quick Reply