Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Champions League Draw

Read 6664 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Champions League Draw
      Reply #92: Dec 13, 2021 03:44:17 pm
      Champions League last-16 draw:
      Red Bull Salzburg v Bayern Munich

Sporting Lisbon v Manchester City

Benfica v Ajax

Chelsea v Lille

Atletico Madrid v Manchester United

Villarreal v Juventus

Inter Milan v Liverpool

PSG v Real Madrid
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #93: Dec 13, 2021 03:48:40 pm

cant remember a better sight in  a Red shirt than Fernando in full flight what a player
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #94: Dec 13, 2021 03:49:09 pm
      Back to the San Siro, that'll do for me.

Don't they have a new ground? Or is it still being built?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #95: Dec 13, 2021 03:50:39 pm
      F**k me what a total F**k up, just goes to show what a inept bunch of fucktards that run UEFA, I mean, this is the governing body of European  football, how can they F**k it up, wee strips of paper inserted into little balls, what the F**k is so difficult about that, I dunno but Iā€™m betting there are primary schools up and down the land do exactly the same to find out who Mary & Joseph will be in this yearā€™s nativity play!!

Any f***in hoo, we got Inter Milan, I bet Shanks will be rubbing his hands, like I am, we got history with this club in Europe, and I can hear them all now sighing a collective Mama Mia down at the San Siro, Iā€™m not usually one to jump the gun but I wonder who weā€™ll get next round,

Meanwhile over at the toilet, they were chuffed Iā€™m betting with a redraw, only to be paired up to that horrible Kunt Simeone, never rains but it pours, their out, no way are they getting past AM 😂😂😂😂.

Y  N  W  A
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #96: Dec 13, 2021 03:54:38 pm
      F**k me what a total f**k up, just goes to show what a inept bunch of fucktards that run UEFA, I mean, this is the governing body of European  football, how can they f**k it up, wee strips of paper inserted into little balls, what the f**k is so difficult about that, I dunno but Iā€™m betting there are primary schools up and down the land do exactly the same to find out who Mary & Joseph will be in this yearā€™s nativity play!!

Any f***in hoo, we got Inter Milan, I bet Shanks will be rubbing his hands, like I am, we got history with this club in Europe, and I can hear them all now sighing a collective Mama Mia down at the San Siro, Iā€™m not usually one to jump the gun but I wonder who weā€™ll get next round,

Meanwhile over at the toilet, they were chuffed Iā€™m betting with a redraw, only to be paired up to that horrible Kunt Simeone, never rains but it pours, their out, no way are they getting past AM 😂😂😂😂.

Y  N  W  A

shall we have a poll on how many dives or Yellow cards there are in the tie
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #97: Dec 13, 2021 03:57:08 pm
      Don't they have a new ground? Or is it still being built?

They were going to knock it down and rebuild but think itā€™s not due to be done until 2026 ?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #98: Dec 13, 2021 04:10:53 pm
      who will compensate supporters who in good faith booked hotel and flights before the cock up became apparent
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #99: Dec 13, 2021 04:29:56 pm
      Could have been easier, could have been harder. Inter is no gimme, but no PSG either.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #100: Dec 13, 2021 04:51:31 pm
      Could have been easier, could have been harder. Inter is no gimme, but no PSG either.

How do you think Inter feel
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #101: Dec 13, 2021 05:08:09 pm
      Yeah that was at Anfield when we won 2-0 after Cordoba(?) had been sent off

The away was 1-0 with that Torres goal, hits it on the turn from the edge of the box

Both beautiful goals

Think it was Materazzi who got sent off. Sticks in my head because he was getting all sorts of abuse at the time due to the one season he spent at Everton about a decade before 😂

They were some side back then too. Arguably the best team on the planet a that point. Got a feeling they were unbeaten in all comps that season until we met eachother in the knockouts
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #102: Dec 13, 2021 05:11:05 pm
      Think it was Materazzi who got sent off. Sticks in my head because he was getting all sorts of abuse at the time due to the one season he spent at Everton about a decade before 😂

They were some side back then too. Arguably the best team on the planet a that point. Got a feeling they were unbeaten in all comps that season until we met eachother in the knockouts

He was sent of within half hour I think 🤔
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #103: Dec 13, 2021 05:18:14 pm
      He was sent of within half hour I think 🤔

Yeah Torres had him blowing out his arse 😂
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #104: Dec 13, 2021 05:34:49 pm
      Happy with the draw. I'd imagine Inter, less so.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #105: Dec 13, 2021 05:58:05 pm
      I only did not want Psg.

We are more than capable and Anfield will be a huge factor.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #106: Dec 13, 2021 06:02:12 pm
      Will take Inter. PSG would've been a tough draw. If we're in the form we're in now when we hit that tie, would be pretty confident.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #107: Dec 13, 2021 06:16:25 pm
      I only did not want Psg.

We are more than capable and Anfield will be a huge factor.

I donā€™t think we should be scared of any of the teams - the toughest other teams are Bayern and City
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #108: Dec 13, 2021 07:10:13 pm
      Come on, lads. They're one point ahead of AC and we know how sh*t they are.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #109: Dec 13, 2021 07:17:49 pm
      shall we have a poll on how many dives or Yellow cards there are in the tie

Yeah good idea Walt, Iā€™ll kick it off ā€¦ā€¦3 yellows for them 1st leg, two second and a red, as for the diving, two 1st leg same second,ā€¦.

Usā€¦.1 yellow each legā€¦no redsā€¦.no divingā€¦.two clean sheetsā€¦.

ā€¦.Arrividerci Milanoā€¦.And can we borrow the Scotland fans song and sing loud & proudā€¦

ā€¦.ā€Weā€™re Gonna Deep Fry Yer Pizzas,Deep Fry Yer Pizzas, Weā€™re Gonna Deep Fry Yer Pizzasā€

0-2 1st leg
      4-0 2nd leg

Y  N  W  A
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #110: Dec 13, 2021 07:27:27 pm
      Can't wait for this. To my mind they are about a similar level to Atletico albeit different styles but with probably as much shithousery to contend with. The tables have however well and truly turned when it comes to the relative strength of the teams in Europe. A trip to the San Siro doesn't seem as daunting as it once did (in general; perhaps for us it has never quite has!) and they probably view us as just about the worst possible draw.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #111: Dec 13, 2021 07:29:34 pm
      Obviously Salzburg would have been the better draw but i don't we have anything to fear from Inter. They were a different proposition with Lukaku and a couple of others that have since been sold.

How farcical was that from UEFA though! Laughable really. I was of the impression that they always run a practice draw before the real thing but perhaps that's no longer the case.

Coming off the back of the F1 yesterday it did have me shaking my head.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #112: Dec 13, 2021 07:29:54 pm
      Come on, lads. They're one point ahead of AC and we know how sh*t they are.

Their half decent but weā€™re miles ahead in quality, they wonā€™t handle our intensity or our pressing for that matter, but we know what Italian sides are like, so expect lots of shithousery, feigning injuries, waving imaginary cards, diving, time wasting,  and of course dangerous tackles, and you never know, but they have history of paying off the ref.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #113: Dec 13, 2021 07:42:54 pm
      Liverpool vs PSG was trending on twitter. The ENTIRE sphere of "football twitter" was hoping we'd get PSG.

Imagine being that scared of us ;D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #114: Dec 13, 2021 09:11:00 pm

FFS Pastor. Iā€™ve supported the Reds for nigh on 65 years, and Iā€™m scared of us 😬

Quick Reply