Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Formula 1 2022

Read 85772 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Formula 1 2022
      Reply #1265: Sep 04, 2022 03:16:44 pm
      Safety car kills Mercedes there.

lucky RB that was a nailed on 1-2 for Merc still time for Karma to lend a hand
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1266: Sep 04, 2022 03:40:52 pm
      Lewis screwed again by Merc the VS did for them otherwise it would have been a 1-2 not a 2-4
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,078 posts | 630 
      Reply #1267: Sep 04, 2022 03:48:55 pm
      Once the SC came out, Mercedes were in a lose-lose situation.  :-\
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1268: Sep 04, 2022 04:42:26 pm
      F1 is dull as dishwater atm.

In fact most sports are. Nothing seems to jump out right now as something I can’t miss.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1269: Sep 04, 2022 05:48:15 pm

In fact most sports are. Nothing seems to jump out right now as something I can’t miss.

UFC is pretty entertaining. No champion is beyond a loss, Edwards vs Usman showed that.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,078 posts | 630 
      Reply #1270: Sep 04, 2022 07:04:42 pm

Where are the Winter Olympics and curling when you need them?  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1271: Sep 04, 2022 07:20:42 pm
      The Car that caused the VSR wasnt that RB junior team how convenient
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,627 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1272: Sep 05, 2022 01:25:30 pm
      Lewis had no luck with safety cars this year.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1273: Sep 05, 2022 06:18:06 pm

Toto questioning the RB junior teams VSC moment it was mentioned straight away elsewhere but it does have a certain whiff of RB about it
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1274: Sep 05, 2022 06:18:49 pm

No luck at all mate can't get a break at the moment
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,627 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1275: Sep 05, 2022 06:19:30 pm
      Toto questioning the RB junior teams VSC moment it was mentioned straight away elsewhere but it does have a certain whiff of RB about it

I was thinking same thing, we’re probably both paranoid Walt.  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,954 posts | 2032 
      Reply #1276: Sep 05, 2022 06:26:35 pm
      I was thinking same thing, we’re probably both paranoid Walt.  :lmao:

Coming in and then being evaluated by pit crew only to be sent back out and retire after four corners does stink.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, second team ownership in the sport stinks and reduces the competition significantly. That goes for Mercedes and Ferrari who have their fingers wrapped around the likes of Williams, Alfa Romeo and Haas either presently or in the past.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,078 posts | 630 
      Reply #1277: Sep 05, 2022 07:20:45 pm
      Coming in and then being evaluated by pit crew only to be sent back out and retire after four corners does stink.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, second team ownership in the sport stinks and reduces the competition significantly. That goes for Mercedes and Ferrari who have their fingers wrapped around the likes of Williams, Alfa Romeo and Haas either presently or in the past.

Completely agree with that. We saw it last year when Gasly fought Lewis but not Max on multiple occasions.

However, I believe what happened this weekend was just bad luck for Mercedes. I'm not going to lie, in the heat of the moment, I also found it suspicious. But looking back, I don't think their intent was to help RB. Otherwise, why bring Tsunoda back into the pit at all? Why not simply leave him on track the first time he stopped? Then they'd get a VSC/SC anyway.

It also wouldn't be very smart from RB to risk cheating so blatantly when they pretty much have both championships in the bag.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1278: Sep 05, 2022 08:38:11 pm
      he said his wheels were not on properly that should be easy enough to check RB are just win at all costs merchants and his seat belt loose.
      WOnder if this goes on Lewis may go to Ferrari they desperately need someone to bring this all together they are really an awfully bad managed set up
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1279: Sep 05, 2022 08:45:11 pm
      Apparently, Porsche dont want Horner in any deal and want at least 50% to have control of the team
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #1280: Sep 06, 2022 10:24:53 am

Really needs to have some sort of spending cap to encourage more teams to stand on their own feet without being the 'junior' of another team or in some way too closely tied to them.

No idea how you'd get there but as much as I love F1 it's really only a handful of teams there and their subsidiaries
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,827 posts | 701 
      Reply #1281: Sep 07, 2022 07:35:09 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      At least we'll see a race this year and points earned unlike last year's Masi made farce (or in lfc across the water's view, one of the best races of the year for spectators...'fans were cheering at the chequered flag'  :lmao: :lmao: )

I know what I said and that wasn't it.

I said Verstappen fans were very happy with the result. Why would they not be? Literally the first shot after the announcement was made, was of his fan base celebrating the win, as you would expect.

The Masi made farce as you call it was him following the rules as they were written, something you protested he didn't do in the last race in the UAE.

Alonso's comments towards Hamilton in the heat of the moment told us a lot about the Spaniard and the bitterness / impetuousness that he seemingly carries in every walk of his f1 life. It's a level of unprofessionalism that has dictated his fallout with umpteen teams in f1 and led to him being just a two time world champion, even though his talent demanded more. (and of course led to the top teams just not wanting to touch him with a bargepole, leaving him to snatch middle of the grid fodder)

Most non Hamilton fans would agree with him. You only have to look at how depressed he looks and sounds this year, compared to his team mate who just gets in the same car, accepts it's limitations, and drives it round the track.

Quote from Keith Singleton
      Well I suppose a wins a win and a few more Bob to my bank balance but it’s not ideal watching such dominance. It’s a long long season for us Merc fans.  :f_wah:

Now you know how everyone else felt when Hamilton ruled the world. But at least in Belgium, he actually admitted responsibility to a mistake of his own making for a change.

Demonstration drive from Verstappen in Belgium, amazing car control on the first lap as well avoiding all the chaos going on in front of him. He's won 22 of the last 38 races, and he's probably going to win at least 150 by the time he finishes. But he's not Haaland and the Red Bull is not Manchester City. He has a world title. They haven't.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #1282: Sep 10, 2022 11:06:23 am
      Leclerc win? Who would have thought after the first 5 races that a Leclerc win would mean absolutely nothing to the driver's championship. Still in disbelief over what Ferrari have done this season.

Can't work out which has been worse, Ferrari's cock ups or our start to the football season, I would probably have to edge it to Ferrari.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,627 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1283: Sep 10, 2022 12:01:30 pm
      Leclerc win? Who would have thought after the first 5 races that a Leclerc win would mean absolutely nothing to the driver's championship. Still in disbelief over what Ferrari have done this season.

Can't work out which has been worse, Ferrari's cock ups or our start to the football season, I would probably have to edge it to Ferrari.

I know your big LeClerc fan but he won’t be winning this mate. It will be that Cnut again.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,078 posts | 630 
      Reply #1284: Sep 10, 2022 12:49:09 pm
      I know your big LeClerc fan but he won’t be winning this mate. It will be that Cnut again.

With the grid penalties, you never know. It's always tricky to start in the middle of the pack, particularly at Monza. But it also seems everyone has a grid penalty this weekend, so it's hard to see exactly who will start where.

If there's no issue at the start, then yeah, it should be another walk in the park for Verstappen.   :(

Interesting to see de Vries replacing Albon for the rest of the weekend after driving in free practice with Aston Martin. It's basically a job interview for him, if he wants any hope for a seat next year. At least, his teammate shouldn't be too hard to beat.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #1285: Sep 10, 2022 01:32:02 pm

Yeah I know this in my heart ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,101 posts | 4866 
      Reply #1286: Sep 10, 2022 02:37:48 pm
      Another qualifying session more or less ruined by stupid grid penalties.

F1 need to look at this
      « Last Edit: Sep 10, 2022 03:12:38 pm by srslfc »
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,078 posts | 630 
      Reply #1287: Sep 10, 2022 03:09:18 pm
      Another qualifying session more or less ruined by stupid grid penalties.

F1 need to loo at this

With the budget cap in place, are the engine quotas still relevant anyway? Teams could be allowed to use as many engines as they want, it'd just mean they have less money to spend elsewhere.

Quick Reply