Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Formula 1 2022

Read 85789 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,011 posts | 2735 
      Re: Formula 1 2022
      Reply #1311: Sep 11, 2022 03:51:31 pm
      Verstappen just in a complete class of his own at the moment.

The sport desperately needs Mercedes and Ferrari to sort themselves out next year.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,954 posts | 2032 
      Reply #1312: Sep 11, 2022 05:14:05 pm
      So De Vries in the Williams for the remaining few races then? Will we finally see the end of Latifi?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #1313: Sep 11, 2022 05:26:09 pm
      Verstappen just in a complete class of his own at the moment.

The sport desperately needs Mercedes and Ferrari to sort themselves out next year.

It’s so boring
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,631 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1314: Sep 11, 2022 05:55:27 pm
      So De Vries in the Williams for the remaining few races then? Will we finally see the end of Latifi?

Yes…………. Hopefully  :lmao:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,078 posts | 630 
      Reply #1315: Sep 11, 2022 08:53:17 pm
      Latifi is paying a lot of money to be humiliated in front of the whole world. We all have our kinks, I guess...

de Vries seemed to be completely dead after the race. Couldn't get out of the car on his own.
      https://streamable.com/4v0ecp
      « Last Edit: Sep 11, 2022 09:02:01 pm by PTU »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1316: Sep 12, 2022 10:11:16 am
      funny how this race didnt end like last seasons debacle. Fans not at all happy they pay to see a race not a prosession

This race ended how AD should have.
      As much as it was a shame that's just how it is when there is difficulty moving the car from the track.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,078 posts | 630 
      Reply #1317: Sep 12, 2022 11:02:01 am
      This race ended how AD should have.
      As much as it was a shame that's just how it is when there is difficulty moving the car from the track.

To be fair, I think what happened last year, and this weekend (where they perfectly applied the rules) does raise a question. Should we leave the rules as they are or could we get an automatic red flag if there's an issue in the last 5 laps?

As unfortunate as Masi's decision was in Abu Dhabi, I can understand the reasoning behind it. Finishing a race under SC isn't good.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,631 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1318: Sep 12, 2022 11:29:08 am
      To be fair, I think what happened last year, and this weekend (where they perfectly applied the rules) does raise a question. Should we leave the rules as they are or could we get an automatic red flag if there's an issue in the last 5 laps?

As unfortunate as Masi's decision was in Abu Dhabi, I can understand the reasoning behind it. Finishing a race under SC isn't good.

Agreed on both counts, all us fans want is consistency across the board which isn’t happening. What happened during the last five laps under present rules was the right decision even though as a fan I don’t like it. Rules are rules and if the same rules were applied last year at Abu Dhabi Lewis would be 8 times world champion.

Max has been world class this year and not just because he has the best car. Now that hurt saying that.  :lmao:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1319: Sep 12, 2022 11:39:39 am

It's lose lose for the stewards.
      The difference is, this one followed the regs.
      AD didn't.
      So you either re-write the rules or accept that you sometimes finish under SC.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,954 posts | 2032 
      Reply #1320: Sep 12, 2022 11:50:30 am
      AD didn't.

Exactly. It's part and parcel of f1 over the last few years. Stewards followed the protocol and the race ended in the correct circumstances according to the rules.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,631 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1321: Sep 12, 2022 12:06:13 pm
      Exactly. It's part and parcel of f1 over the last few years. Stewards followed the protocol and the race ended in the correct circumstances according to the rules.

Apart from Abu Dhabi of course  :f_wah:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1322: Sep 12, 2022 12:39:35 pm

Where they specifically didn't follow the protocol of when you can race after the SC comes in.
      AD should also have ended under a SC, but that was a decision made for Entertainment purposes
      instead of Safety Protocol. 
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,078 posts | 630 
      Reply #1323: Sep 12, 2022 12:46:49 pm
      AD didn't.

Personally, I wouln't mind a change in the rules. I feel everyone would benefit. Fans would get good entertainment value, and the stewards wouldn't be in such a rush to clear the track.
      If necessary, you could also choose to make it fair by forbidding tyre changes, etc.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,631 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1324: Sep 12, 2022 01:21:38 pm
      Personally, I wouln't mind a change in the rules. I feel everyone would benefit. Fans would get good entertainment value, and the stewards wouldn't be in such a rush to clear the track.
      If necessary, you could also choose to make it fair by forbidding tyre changes, etc.

I’m not sure  :roll: I think I agree with you but most definitely think no tyre change as that’s massive advantage as we know. Another problem though ( which I don’t know the answer )  if your like 20 seconds clear that advantage is then gone behind a SC. Really is a tricky one but yes I would welcome some type of change. I’ll leave it to the so called experts and then decide if I agree or disagree.  :lmao:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,078 posts | 630 
      Reply #1325: Sep 12, 2022 01:46:18 pm
      I’m not sure  :roll: I think I agree with you but most definitely think no tyre change as that’s massive advantage as we know. Another problem though ( which I don’t know the answer )  if your like 20 seconds clear that advantage is then gone behind a SC. Really is a tricky one but yes I would welcome some type of change. I’ll leave it to the so called experts and then decide if I agree or disagree.  :lmao:

Whether it's a SC or a red flag, your 20 sec advantage would be gone anyway... Unfortunately I can't see a way around that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,631 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1326: Sep 12, 2022 01:51:39 pm
      Whether it's a SC or a red flag, your 20 sec advantage would be gone anyway... Unfortunately I can't see a way around that.

Agreed, I can’t either. That’s why I await the so called experts.  ;D
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,078 posts | 630 
      Reply #1327: Sep 12, 2022 02:02:40 pm
      Agreed, I can’t either. That’s why I await the so called experts.  ;D

You'll be waiting for a long time...  :f_whistle:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1328: Sep 12, 2022 02:23:56 pm
      It always amazes me that there are solutions to these things but F1 just chooses not to use them.
      No doubt it is because of TV.

There is a solution to the problem of the lead being wiped out.
      You red flag it and declare a combined "2 races" so the "result" of the 1st race is added to the
      "result" of the 2nd race. In that scenario a driver that had a 20 second lead would just have to
      follow the other driver closely for the 2nd race to ensure the overall win.
      Points would be based on the combined result.

I've raced in that scenario. It's in the rulebook.
      Just like black and white flags were.
      Which were also not used and they started handing out 5 second penalties to anyone that
      was deemed to block another driver or cross a white line.

The regulations are there.
      It's just a matter of whether people choose to use them.

You'll be waiting for a long time...  :f_whistle:

This isn't Twitter.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,078 posts | 630 
      Reply #1329: Sep 12, 2022 04:29:37 pm

Sorry? I'm afraid I don't really get your comment...
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,827 posts | 701 
      Reply #1330: Sep 22, 2022 09:35:02 pm
      There's only 20 cars in the race, but it still took Dumb and Dumber in the stewards room 4 hours to declare the qualifying order before the race, then when they eventually sent the SC out at the end of the race, it picked up the wrong bloody car!! :( And for all their bluster about jewellery earlier in the season, it seems like neither of them have the stomach to actually enforce those regulations.

You knew when the SC was sent out that the racing at Monza was over. It should be mandatory for a Red Flag to be thrown if any car has to stop on track within the last 10 laps in a place where it can't be recovered quickly, as it usually takes a minimum of 5 laps for a car to be cleared away and the rest ready to resume racing, but the current drivers are dealing with amateurs at F1 level, making poor decisions at pretty much every single race.

Next year's calendar has been released. The dates are mind boggling again. It takes them 4 weeks to travel from Spa to Zandvoort, but only 5 days from Baku to Miami. And 8 months to get from Bahrain to the last race in the UAE. Qatar is back to bore us all again, China has returned for the moment at least, while France has dropped off the calendar completely. There used to be 1 or 2 races left after Monza, next year there will be 8 long haul treks after the Ferrari fans day out. All to be done on just 3 allocated engines. So they say.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,954 posts | 2032 
      Reply #1331: Sep 22, 2022 11:15:50 pm
      There's only 20 cars in the race, but it still took Dumb and Dumber in the stewards room 4 hours to declare the qualifying order before the race, then when they eventually sent the SC out at the end of the race, it picked up the wrong bloody car!! :( And for all their bluster about jewellery earlier in the season, it seems like neither of them have the stomach to actually enforce those regulations.

You knew when the SC was sent out that the racing at Monza was over. It should be mandatory for a Red Flag to be thrown if any car has to stop on track within the last 10 laps in a place where it can't be recovered quickly, as it usually takes a minimum of 5 laps for a car to be cleared away and the rest ready to resume racing, but the current drivers are dealing with amateurs at F1 level, making poor decisions at pretty much every single race.

Next year's calendar has been released. The dates are mind boggling again. It takes them 4 weeks to travel from Spa to Zandvoort, but only 5 days from Baku to Miami. And 8 months to get from Bahrain to the last race in the UAE. Qatar is back to bore us all again, China has returned for the moment at least, while France has dropped off the calendar completely. There used to be 1 or 2 races left after Monza, next year there will be 8 long haul treks after the Ferrari fans day out. All to be done on just 3 allocated engines. So they say.

You weren't saying that after Abu Dhabi were you?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,631 posts | 2646 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1332: Sep 23, 2022 06:19:31 am

Surly your not surprised.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,011 posts | 2735 
      Reply #1333: Sep 23, 2022 09:23:51 am

Somehow he's made himself look an even bigger tw*t with that paragraph :D

Quick Reply