Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Formula 1 2022

Read 87652 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Formula 1 2022
      Reply #46: Jan 12, 2022 10:30:53 am
      if they do go then Mercedes will be blamed so again the FIA have destroyed the credibility of F1
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #47: Jan 12, 2022 10:35:26 am
      if they do go then Mercedes will be blamed so again the FIA have destroyed the credibility of F1

Merc has a lot of support, a lot of fans were disappointed that they withdrew their right to appeal but I guess looking back at it Masi being fired could be the reason of withdrawal..

Also the FIA can afford to loose Lewis, heā€™s the biggest start worldwide...
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,080 posts | 630 
      Reply #48: Jan 12, 2022 11:41:04 am
      I don't believe Lewis will retire, but for the sake of discussion, what do you think Mercedes should do if he decides to walk away? Which driver could replace him?

Ocon might seem like an obvious choice: he has strong ties with Mercedes and Toto Wolff is his manager. But he recently signed a long term contract with Alpine. Still, part of me believes Alpine would be ok to let him leave, so they can put Oscar Piastri in his seat...

Gasly? On the back of 2 very strong seasons (probably the "best of the rest"), but does have a contract with Red Bull, which will make negotiations almost impossible. He doesn't seem to have a future with RB though...

Norris? In the future, maybe. But right now, it would take a lot to pry him away from McLaren.

Someone not currently on the grid? de Vries or Vandoorne? Hulkenberg? Mercedes usually tends to play it safe, so it's probably unlikely...  But who knows.

Your thoughts? Am I forgetting someone?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,856 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #49: Jan 12, 2022 05:30:11 pm
      I don't believe Lewis will retire, but for the sake of discussion, what do you think Mercedes should do if he decides to walk away? Which driver could replace him?

Your thoughts? Am I forgetting someone?

For me its a no brainer as i think he's the best new kid on the block... Norris all day long. i think he's better than Russell
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,856 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,080 posts | 630 
      Reply #51: Jan 12, 2022 06:21:52 pm
      For me its a no brainer as i think he's the best new kid on the block... Norris all day long. i think he's better than Russell

I knew you'd say that.  ;)
      But I fear it's a tad unrealistic right now. Especially so close to the start of the season. They might also be afraid of a Russell-Norris partnership, as it'd be too similar to the Hamilton-Rosberg dynamic (good friends at first, but almost equally matched, which shattered their relationship and turned nasty on track).

Yes, that's basically the FIA admitting they fu**ed up big time... Good riddance.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,856 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #52: Jan 12, 2022 06:54:37 pm
      I knew you'd say that.  ;)
      But I fear it's a tad unrealistic right now. Especially so close to the start of the season. They might also be afraid of a Russell-Norris partnership, as it'd be too similar to the Hamilton-Rosberg dynamic (good friends at first, but almost equally matched, which shattered their relationship and turned nasty on track).

I donā€™t think it will happen just wishful thinking on my side  ;D Just hope he doesnā€™t go to Red Bull as Iā€™ve gone off those fookers big time
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #53: Jan 19, 2022 01:28:59 pm
      Some changes at Alpine & Aston Martin...
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #54: Jan 19, 2022 01:32:14 pm
      Has that baby Hamilton put his toys back in his pram yet and said heā€™s going to grace the sport with his presence again next year yet?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #55: Jan 19, 2022 01:39:09 pm
      Has that baby Hamilton put his toys back in his pram yet and said heā€™s going to grace the sport with his presence again next year yet?

😂

🎣
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #56: Jan 19, 2022 01:44:39 pm

Just asking

Has he? Guess not
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,856 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #57: Jan 19, 2022 02:28:31 pm

You talking about Hammy  :f_whistle:
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #58: Jan 19, 2022 02:35:59 pm

Yeah mate, ā€œHammyā€

Has he confirmed heā€™s driving next year yet?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,856 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #59: Jan 19, 2022 02:39:34 pm
      Yeah mate, ā€œHammyā€

Has he confirmed heā€™s driving next year yet?

Officially yet to be confirmed but he will,
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,080 posts | 630 
      Reply #60: Jan 19, 2022 04:12:37 pm
      Just saw that the FIA will release their investigation findings only two days before the start of the season. I wonder if that could impact Hamilton's decision. (I still believe he will be there, but I also believe he's trying to put some pressure on the FIA, and is probably right to do so...)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,856 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #61: Jan 19, 2022 04:16:58 pm
      Just saw that the FIA will release their investigation findings only two days before the start of the season. I wonder if that could impact Hamilton's decision. (I still believe he will be there, but I also believe he's trying to put some pressure on the FIA, and is probably right to do so...)

Think Mercs will know well before the date what the results will indicate if I'm honest, can't see Hammy not going for No8 despite the ihe incompetent's of the FIA   
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #62: Jan 19, 2022 04:20:47 pm
      Think Mercs will know well before the date what the results will indicate if I'm honest, can't see Hammy not going for No8 despite the ihe incompetent's of the FIA   

Keith, I donā€™t think he will bother this coming campaign...my opinion only.

For the FIA to announce their findings 2 days before the season starts irrespective if Merc know beforehand is still a slap in Lewis face..

The 2 day thing is to reverse the pressure back onto Merc & Lewis..
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #63: Jan 19, 2022 05:07:06 pm
      Genuine question

Would you two be disappointed in him if he decides not to race this year?

I would personally, itā€™s not how Iā€™d expect my 8 year old to act of things didnā€™t go his way
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,682 posts | 3357 
      Reply #64: Jan 19, 2022 05:08:16 pm

Of course he will go for it
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,856 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #65: Jan 19, 2022 05:10:25 pm
      Keith, I donā€™t think he will bother this coming campaign...my opinion only.

For the FIA to announce their findings 2 days before the season starts irrespective if Merc know beforehand is still a slap in Lewis face..

The 2 day thing is to reverse the pressure back onto Merc & Lewis..

I understand your logic/thinking and agree ( on paper ) slap in Hammys face. Itā€™s all mind games isnā€™t it. Pretty sure there will be a few more twist and turns before we all know whatā€™s going on.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,856 posts | 2690 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #66: Jan 19, 2022 05:21:30 pm
      Genuine question

I would personally, itā€™s not how Iā€™d expect my 8 year old to act of things didnā€™t go his way

Yeah Iā€™d be disappointed ( as a fan ) However, what went on last year was unprecedented and to accuse him of basically spitting his dummy out very unfair really. How anyone comes back from the recklessness of the FIA given the circumstances how it all ended will take some doing. I know I couldnā€™t do it but Iā€™m not Lewis Hamilton.

The manā€™s been scared for life with the FIA inability to follow the rule book, I have doubts anyone could or can come back from it. Remains to be seen ( if he does come back ) but wonā€™t be easy. They say times a healer but these are definitely the most testing times Hamilton will ever have. Heā€™ll have nightmares for the rest of his life on that last lap at Abu Dhabi and who could blame him? Apart from the Hammy haters.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #67: Jan 19, 2022 05:24:31 pm
      Genuine question

Equating Mercedes exerting pressure on the FIA over the farcical scenes at the final laps of the season finale
      to a child throwing throwing the toys is disingenuous at best.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #68: Jan 19, 2022 05:32:05 pm
      Equating Mercedes exerting pressure on the FIA over the farcical scenes at the final laps of the season finale
      to a child throwing throwing the toys is disingenuous at best.

You wouldnā€™t want to come back and prove to them youā€™re the best? You wouldnā€™t want to win it again and then maybe walk away?
      You wouldnā€™t want to throw their farcical behaviour back down their throats on the track?

I would

Walking away and essentially saying, if I canā€™t win Iā€™m taking my ball homeā€¦ it shouldnā€™t be how an adult acts

Quick Reply