Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Formula 1 2022

Read 89537 times
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Re: Formula 1 2022
      Reply #69: Jan 19, 2022 05:38:13 pm
      Genuine question

Would you two be disappointed in him if he decides not to race this year?

I would personally, it’s not how I’d expect my 8 year old to act of things didn’t go his way

As a fan of the sport, yes, I'd be disappointed. But I would understand. (edit: to clarify, I wouldn't be disappointed in him, but in the system that failed him)

Comparing this to a child throwing a tantrum is a bit unfair, though. Regardless of how you feel about how the season ended, the fact of the matter is that ONE person decided how the championship ended. That's just wrong... So Hamilton is entitled to feel aggrieved IMO.

Walking away and essentially saying, if I can’t win I’m taking my ball home… it shouldn’t be how an adult acts

If he'd walked away after losing the championship because he messed up, or from mechanical failure, I'd agree with you. In this case? I don't.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #70: Jan 19, 2022 05:51:38 pm
      As a fan of the sport, yes, I'd be disappointed. But I would understand. (edit: to clarify, I wouldn't be disappointed in him, but in the system that failed him)

Comparing this to a child throwing a tantrum is a bit unfair, though. Regardless of how you feel about how the season ended, the fact of the matter is that ONE person decided how the championship ended. That's just wrong... So Hamilton is entitled to feel aggrieved IMO.

If he'd walked away after losing the championship because he messed up, or from mechanical failure, I'd agree with you. In this case? I don't.

Feel aggrieved yes, walk away? Nah… go F***ing show them

Walking away on the back of it shows poor character for me ( if he did) strong character would be to go back and win it again next year
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #71: Jan 19, 2022 06:15:44 pm
      Equating Mercedes exerting pressure on the FIA over the farcical scenes at the final laps of the season finale
      to a child throwing throwing the toys is disingenuous at best.

Not to Hammy haters.....
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #72: Jan 19, 2022 07:44:49 pm
      Feel aggrieved yes, walk away? Nah… go f**king show them

Walking away on the back of it shows poor character for me ( if he did) strong character would be to go back and win it again next year

Yeah right! I’d walk away & leave it to the Netflix generation to w*nk over entertainment rather than sport..

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #73: Jan 19, 2022 10:00:35 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,063 posts | 2110 
      Reply #74: Jan 20, 2022 12:57:25 am
      Feel aggrieved yes, walk away? Nah… go f**king show them

The problem here is that you are allowing your personal dislike of Hamilton to get in the way of  a clear and proper view of the situation.

Anyone who has followed the sport over the last 15 years would know that Hamilton holds himself, his team and the sport to the highest professional standards possible. Equating that integrity to a child throwing his toys out of the pram merely serves to downplay the shocking levels of incompetence and manipulation that was put on display that afternoon.

By directing your ire at Hamilton and using this as a stick to beat Hamilton with rather than focus on the FIA goes to show that it is a mere personal matter with you.

Which is quite petty I think.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #75: Jan 20, 2022 07:26:38 am
      The problem here is that you are allowing your personal dislike of Hamilton to get in the way of  a clear and proper view of the situation.

Anyone who has followed the sport over the last 15 years would know that Hamilton holds himself, his team and the sport to the highest professional standards possible. Equating that integrity to a child throwing his toys out of the pram merely serves to downplay the shocking levels of incompetence and manipulation that was put on display that afternoon.

By directing your ire at Hamilton and using this as a stick to beat Hamilton with rather than focus on the FIA goes to show that it is a mere personal matter with you.

Which is quite petty I think.

Sorry mate you’ve read it wrong

I actually don’t dislike Hamilton whatsoever, and I have said before that I want him to come back next year and shove their incompetence down their throats and win it on the track (look back if you like)
      I get why he would be pissed off, I get that completely
      Walking away I don’t get and yes it would be like a child not getting his own way

I’m more of the opinion on life that if something beats you down you get up and prove it wrong, not walk away in a tantrum

Again, I don’t dislike him whatsoever, I think he’s a sound bloke for what it’s worth with all the things he does away from the track, and clearly one of the greatest ever on it

I honestly just don’t get walking away if something doesn’t go your way, not my character
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #76: Jan 20, 2022 08:48:12 am

Understandable. Whilst the focus has obviously been on the title race, many other drivers were properly screwed by Masi's call.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #77: Jan 20, 2022 08:49:00 am
      Sorry mate you’ve read it wrong

I actually don’t dislike Hamilton whatsoever, and I have said before that I want him to come back next year and shove their incompetence down their throats and win it on the track (look back if you like)
      I get why he would be pissed off, I get that completely
      Walking away I don’t get and yes it would be like a child not getting his own way

I’m more of the opinion on life that if something beats you down you get up and prove it wrong, not walk away in a tantrum

Again, I don’t dislike him whatsoever, I think he’s a sound bloke for what it’s worth with all the things he does away from the track, and clearly one of the greatest ever on it

I honestly just don’t get walking away if something doesn’t go your way, not my character

Let me put it this way. Would you get into a ring if you knew the match was fixed?
      Because that's probably how Hamilton sees it at the moment.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #78: Jan 20, 2022 09:11:00 am
      Let me put it this way. Would you get into a ring if you knew the match was fixed?
      Because that's probably how Hamilton sees it at the moment.

That’s not a fair comparison

If it was fixed the first fight and I found out or the other boxer cheated (like the Miguel Cotto, Margarita fight ) and I knew that the return simply couldn’t be - like I doubt the FIA would allow this to happen again - then yes I would get back in there and prove to myself what’s right:.. not walk away in a mard
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #79: Jan 20, 2022 10:01:01 am
      You wouldn’t want to come back and prove to them you’re the best? You wouldn’t want to win it again and then maybe walk away?
      You wouldn’t want to throw their farcical behaviour back down their throats on the track?

I would

Walking away and essentially saying, if I can’t win I’m taking my ball home… it shouldn’t be how an adult acts

Senna nearly walked away too.
      If Hamilton feels that Masi/FIA has manipulated the situation against him then he rightly has to ask questions.
      Mercedes are clearly putting the FIA under pressure to clarify the events that unfolded.

I don't envy Masi. He had Mercedes shouting at him to do one thing "No Safety Car" and Red Bull then shouting
      at him to do another "release the lapped cars that would interfere with the leaders". In the end Red Bull's call
      was the one that was actually within the regs and clearly outlined how such events should be dealt with. ~

As an ex racer who has many run ins with Clerk of the Course types, they will ultimately state that the COC
      has final say and right to make they're calls/decisions over the weekend.

That is most likely what has been decided here, but it's a decision that literally swung the title from Hamilton to Verstappen. 
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #80: Jan 20, 2022 10:23:56 am
      Genuine question

Would you two be disappointed in him if he decides not to race this year?

I would personally, it’s not how I’d expect my 8 year old to act of things didn’t go his way

wow he must be talented to be at the top of his sport for over a decade about to make history only for an official to F**k him over . He is playing a blinder with the Corrupt FIA.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #81: Jan 20, 2022 11:29:41 am
      That’s not a fair comparison

If it was fixed the first fight and I found out or the other boxer cheated (like the Miguel Cotto, Margarita fight ) and I knew that the return simply couldn’t be - like I doubt the FIA would allow this to happen again - then yes I would get back in there and prove to myself what’s right:.. not walk away in a mard

Didn't say it was right, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's how Lewis sees it. Don't forget he's had to face an unfair system his whole life (his words) because he was black, or wasn't as rich as his opposition, etc. It will definitely be on his mind.

Then again, I'm not in his head, so perhaps I'm just talking bollocks.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #82: Jan 20, 2022 11:32:49 am
      Didn't say it was right, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's how Lewis sees it. Don't forget he's had to face an unfair system his whole life (his words) because he was black, or wasn't as rich as his opposition, etc. It will definitely be on his mind.

Then again, I'm not in his head, so perhaps I'm just talking bollocks.

I know mate, I’m just saying I would fight back and walk away on top, F**k their system after he’s broken it

Don’t get me wrong , im giving my opinion, on what I would do
      I was just asking others what they’d do or if they’d be disappointed if he didn’t race because of it. I would personally and that’s not because I don’t like him (I do).. it’s because I want him to win it next year and not walk away because of it.. like a child would
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #83: Jan 20, 2022 12:39:55 pm
      I know mate, I’m just saying I would fight back and walk away on top, f**k their system after he’s broken it

I get what you're saying, and I would love for him to do it, but fighting a system takes its toll, so at what point does he say 'enough is enough'? That's why I think your parallel with a child isn't totally fair.

Don’t get me wrong , im giving my opinion, on what I would do
      I was just asking others what they’d do or if they’d be disappointed if he didn’t race because of it. I would personally and that’s not because I don’t like him (I do).. it’s because I want him to win it next year and not walk away because of it.. like a child would

All good mate, we're just sharing opinions. That's the point of a forum, isn't it? We'll just agree to disagree. ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #84: Jan 20, 2022 02:23:06 pm
      Just imagine the distraction & circus once Lewis speaks ....

Such is the pull of Lewis that no one is really talking about Verstappen...  it’s be difficult for the Dutchman having to bat away questions over a tainted title...

Certainly going to be edgy in the drivers press talks..
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #85: Jan 20, 2022 03:15:59 pm
      Just imagine the distraction & circus once Lewis speaks ....

Such is the pull of Lewis that no one is really talking about Verstappen...  it’s be difficult for the Dutchman having to bat away questions over a tainted title...

Certainly going to be edgy in the drivers press talks..

Never has a Champion been less celebrated outside their own supporters.
      Rosberg had his own critics and his title was put down to Hamilton retirements but this is another level.
      Never seen outrage like this.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #86: Jan 20, 2022 03:25:09 pm
      Never has a Champion been less celebrated outside their own supporters.
      Rosberg had his own critics and his title was put down to Hamilton retirements but this is another level.
      Never seen outrage like this.

Do you think Lewis is playing mind games for the new season, keeping silent & letting others think what they believe he is thinking..?

If I was his opponent I’d be trying to work out what my own strategy & plan of attack for the new season would be...

Got to be playing on Max’s mind...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #87: Jan 20, 2022 03:56:33 pm
      Do you think Lewis is playing mind games for the new season, keeping silent & letting others think what they believe he is thinking..?

If I was his opponent I’d be trying to work out what my own strategy & plan of attack for the new season would be...

Got to be playing on Max’s mind...

I'm sure he's letting his silence and others protests via social media wind up the pressure on the FIA.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #88: Jan 21, 2022 11:29:49 pm
      I was wondering what the need for a separate thread was. But then you see it's about 2022, so what are we talking about 2021 for? Anyway,

Quote from PTU

the fact of the matter is that ONE person decided how the championship ended. That's just wrong... So Hamilton is entitled to feel aggrieved IMO.

The fact of the matter is that Verstappen won the title because he won more points over 22 races than anyone else. That's the reality. Just as it was when Hamilton and everyone else, won their own titles before him. Hamilton lost the last race because of a botched tyre strategy, that backfired on the last lap. He needs to look in the mirror as to why he lost it. No consideration at all why he pressed the wrong button in Baku or when he was the only driver who restarted with the wrong tyres on in Budapest, or that he only won 1 race in 10 during the season. All those factors count just as much, as the last one. But it's easier for him to point the finger at someone else, for losing the title.

As a neutral, it doesn't matter to me whether he shows up in Sakhir or not. I fully expect him to honour the contract he signed and fulfil his obligations but if not, the sport will move on, with or without him. There's a new generation of drivers who would be more than happy to race Verstappen for the crown in 2022.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #89: Jan 22, 2022 10:38:50 am
      I was wondering what the need for a separate thread was. But then you see it's about 2022, so what are we talking about 2021 for? Anyway,

The fact of the matter is that Verstappen won the title because he won more points over 22 races than anyone else. That's the reality. Just as it was when Hamilton and everyone else, won their own titles before him. Hamilton lost the last race because of a botched tyre strategy, that backfired on the last lap. He needs to look in the mirror as to why he lost it. No consideration at all why he pressed the wrong button in Baku or when he was the only driver who restarted with the wrong tyres on in Budapest, or that he only won 1 race in 10 during the season. All those factors count just as much, as the last one. But it's easier for him to point the finger at someone else, for losing the title.

As a neutral, it doesn't matter to me whether he shows up in Sakhir or not. I fully expect him to honour the contract he signed and fulfil his obligations but if not, the sport will move on, with or without him. There's a new generation of drivers who would be more than happy to race Verstappen for the crown in 2022.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #90: Jan 22, 2022 10:54:18 am

[/quote]

holy crap just what the f**k goes on in your head.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #91: Jan 22, 2022 11:55:10 am

holy crap just what the f**k goes on in your head.

Can see his post through yours.  :lmao:

He says he’s a neutral but the closes he’ll every get to a neutral is neut  :lmao: Chop the fuckers off  :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply