Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Formula 1 2022

Read 86358 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1 2022
      Reply #1058: Jul 03, 2022 05:35:17 pm
      Lewis and hopefully George will now be relevant

If it was Silverstone every week it could be but other tracks defo favour Red Bull & Ferrari. Both teams are still faster than the Mercs,
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #1059: Jul 03, 2022 05:36:07 pm
      The level of drama and racing that Silverstone has provided the past few years has been sensational. It has to be the number 1 GP on the calendar.

A wonderful afternoon of racing.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1060: Jul 03, 2022 05:37:08 pm
      The level of drama and racing that Silverstone has provided the past few years has been sensational. It has to be the number 1 GP on the calendar.

A wonderful afternoon of racing.

I think the only ones who would argue that with you is those RB cnuts
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1061: Jul 03, 2022 05:44:09 pm
      Fantastic race but Ferrari keep getting it wrong for Leclerc.
      First Monaco and now this.
      Credit to Sainz for telling the team where to go with the
      ridiculous team orders before the restart.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1062: Jul 03, 2022 05:48:41 pm
      Strategy may have been difficult for Lewis but he was competing until the last lap that is huge
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1063: Jul 03, 2022 05:48:48 pm
      Fantastic race but Ferrari keep getting it wrong for Leclerc.
      First Monaco and now this.
      Credit to Sainz for telling the team where to go with the
      ridiculous team orders before the restart.

And that sadly is why they can’t win it this year, Stappen  will have a easy ride to winning his first F1 Championship.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1064: Jul 03, 2022 05:50:24 pm
      I think the only ones who would argue that with you is those RB cnuts

Merc have made massive improvements and put George in their today and we have a huge step forward. Loved today  it was a brilliant race
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1065: Jul 03, 2022 05:52:55 pm
      Merc have made massive improvements and put George in their today and we have a huge step forward. Loved today  it was a brilliant race

Yeah no doubting improvements have been made but still not on a par with the two teams above them. Mercs have just closed the gap, slightly.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #1066: Jul 03, 2022 06:07:44 pm
      Anyone else reckon Verstappen got a bit cheeky defending against Mick Schumacher at the end there? Moved twice when charging down the Wellington Straight on one occasion.

Conpare with the cleanliness of the fight involving Lewis, Checo snd Leclerc and you see that last year's problems between Lewis and Max was more of a case of being Max's problem, which any sane, rational person knew anyway.

That's a problem that will rear it's head again in future until he sorts it out.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1067: Jul 03, 2022 06:11:07 pm
      Anyone else reckon Verstappen got a bit cheeky defending against Mick Schumacher at the end there? Moved twice when charging down the Wellington Straight on one occasion.

Conpare with the cleanliness of the fight involving Lewis, Checo snd Leclerc and you see that last year's problems between Lewis and Max was more of a case of being Max's problem, which any sane, rational person knew anyway.

That's a problem that will rear it's head again in future until he sorts it out.

Yeah I noticed, probably got away with it coz of who he is which doesn’t make it right. Good as he is will never be on a par with Lewis as he’s the finished article and doesn’t lose the plot under race conditions.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #1068: Jul 03, 2022 06:32:55 pm

Max has always been a dangerous driver, but people refused to see it last year because of one incident that was Lewis' fault (Silverstone - and it 100% was). All other incidents were down to Max - most notably Monza and Interlagos.

He's a sore loser.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1069: Jul 03, 2022 06:50:05 pm

No incidents at the front and Max hits Mick 4 times.
      A problem that keeps occurring because of who the driver is.
      Ridiculous that they've let it go this far without doing anything about it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #1070: Jul 03, 2022 06:53:41 pm
      Max has always been a dangerous driver, but people refused to see it last year because of one incident that was Lewis' fault (Silverstone - and it 100% was). All other incidents were down to Max - most notably Monza and Interlagos.

He's a sore loser.

Max makes a career out of last year's Copse incident. Racing incident at best for me as Lewis could have moved the few inches of space to the right and still have been clobbered such wss Max's reckless door closing antics. If it was Lewis's front left wheel that was taken off rather than Max ending it in the barriers then the penalty would have been given the other way.

He needs to get a grip
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1071: Jul 03, 2022 06:53:41 pm

He's a sore loser.

That’s why Stappen fits in well with RB, tainted from the same brush.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1072: Jul 03, 2022 07:54:59 pm
      cracking GP Lewis in the frame for the win and maybe George could have been competitive too.

Sainz is ahead of LeClerc now so maybe Ferrari will stop putting him behind LeClerc.
      Another improvement from Merc and they will be right in the mix.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1073: Jul 03, 2022 08:23:24 pm
      cracking GP Lewis in the frame for the win and maybe George could have been competitive too.

Sainz is ahead of LeClerc now so maybe Ferrari will stop putting him behind LeClerc.
      Another improvement from Merc and they will be right in the mix.

LeClerc will get more points than Sainz this year Walt. Sainz will do well to last the season out with Ferrari.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #1074: Jul 03, 2022 09:27:29 pm
      https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/status/1543590931642912768?s=20&t=sDCIks36IcqJqPtZauahBQ

Andy Shovlin at Merc suspects Red Bull and Ferrari have been using flexi floors. Regulations to measure and track this are being introduced in two races time
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1075: Jul 03, 2022 09:31:37 pm
      https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/status/1543590931642912768?s=20&t=sDCIks36IcqJqPtZauahBQ

Andy Shovlin at Merc suspects Red Bull and Ferrari have been using flexi floors. Regulations to measure and track this are being introduced in two races time

Interesting, keep us posted mate as i don't follow tw@ter
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1076: Jul 03, 2022 09:53:00 pm
      Most F1 teams push the boundaries how else would they gain advantage , they have all done it ,
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1077: Jul 03, 2022 11:41:18 pm
      Only just got to watch the gp. A few thoughts...

First things first, congrats to Sainz. First victory, but it definitely wasn't his best race. Leclerc was much faster all race long. But a good strategy call at the end gave him the win. I really didn't like Leclerc constantly whining on the radio though and he got a deserved bollocking by Binotto after the race.

Zhou is massively lucky he hit the barrier with the bottom of the car. I think it softened the impact a bit. It looked really nasty, thank goodness for the halo.

Verstappen was up to his usual dirty tricks with Schumacher. How he continues to escape penalties is just a joke at this point...

Hamilton could have won this. First, the messed up pit stop is starting to become a recurring theme with Mercedes, they always mess up at the worst time. Second, the safety car meant he didn't get to take advantage of his longer first stint and his fresher hard tyres. I dare say he would have won without the SC.

It seems Russell got screwed by the marshalls. He ran away from his car to check on Zhou (good on him to do so, btw, although the crash is probably a bit on him), and when he came back, marshalls had started to work on his car which meant he couldn't restart (he said there was only a puncture, so it was still drivable enough to go back to the pits).
      It would have been interesting to see him potentially get into the fight as well.

I wouldn’t take too much optimism about Mercedes good form at Silverstone. I said before the weekend it was always going to be one of their best tracks this season (same with France). I do hope they'll prove me wrong though and will be able to extract that level of performances at other venues.

Last but not least, the way the two Alpha Tauris clashed together was just so stupidely funny...  ;D
      « Last Edit: Jul 03, 2022 11:46:45 pm by PTU »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #1078: Jul 04, 2022 11:42:12 am

First things first, congrats to Sainz. First victory, but it definitely wasn't his best race. Leclerc was much faster all race long. But a good strategy call at the end gave him the win. I really didn't like Leclerc constantly whining on the radio though and he got a deserved bollocking by Binotto after the race.

Zhou is massively lucky he hit the barrier with the bottom of the car. I think it softened the impact a bit. It looked really nasty, thank goodness for the halo.

Verstappen was up to his usual dirty tricks with Schumacher. How he continues to escape penalties is just a joke at this point...

Hamilton could have won this. First, the messed up pit stop is starting to become a recurring theme with Mercedes, they always mess up at the worst time. Second, the safety car meant he didn't get to take advantage of his longer first stint and his fresher hard tyres. I dare say he would have won without the SC.

It seems Russell got screwed by the marshalls. He ran away from his car to check on Zhou (good on him to do so, btw, although the crash is probably a bit on him), and when he came back, marshalls had started to work on his car which meant he couldn't restart (he said there was only a puncture, so it was still drivable enough to go back to the pits).
      It would have been interesting to see him potentially get into the fight as well.

I wouldn’t take too much optimism about Mercedes good form at Silverstone. I said before the weekend it was always going to be one of their best tracks this season (same with France). I do hope they'll prove me wrong though and will be able to extract that level of performances at other venues.

Last but not least, the way the two Alpha Tauris clashed together was just so stupidely funny...  ;D

It's the aggressive swiping and running off the road antics that are just not cool. He was fortunate that he came up against a cautious Mick who was intent on scoring his first points above all else. Otherwise, that would have ended up in calamity.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1079: Jul 04, 2022 12:33:33 pm

Very good post/summing up to one that I very much agree with.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1080: Jul 04, 2022 01:22:55 pm
      That crash at the start, incredible that nobody was seriously injured...or worse.

Quick Reply