Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sat 1st Oct @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W20 D4 L7

Formula 1 2022

Read 32900 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,548 posts | 1998 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1 2022
      Reply #1334: Sep 23, 2022 10:53:01 am
      Somehow he's made himself look an even bigger tw*t with that paragraph :D

Couldn’t of put it better myself…  :lmao: Now if it was VAR approved he’d be agreeing with it all.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,548 posts | 1998 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1335: Sep 23, 2022 10:58:15 am
      https://www.skysports.com/f1

At long last and not before time...

Latifi on his way out. One of the worse drivers I've seen in a while.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 43,845 posts | 5685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1336: Sep 23, 2022 11:17:59 am

He's not even in the top 20 out of a 20 driver championsip. Says it all.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,832 posts | 1372 
      Reply #1337: Sep 23, 2022 12:09:49 pm

Nothing cemented Williams downfall and backmarker status quite like the signing and upkeep of this driver. There have been bad pay drivers that have come and gone but many teams who have been afflicted with them have had the sense to get rid of them after 1 year.  Not Williams though. 3 years. 3 f**king years. It's not so much his lack of speed. It's not even the number of crashes he's had (a lot I know). It's the nature of the crashes - just bone idle stupid.

It's not an argument against pay drivers. They've always been in the sport and some of them have been fantastic and worthy of their place there. But when it's someone who is so obviously out of his depth at this level and makes a mockery of the sport and a cherished team then it's an insult to everyone involved.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,925 posts | 571 
      Reply #1338: Sep 23, 2022 04:32:27 pm
      Nothing cemented Williams downfall and backmarker status quite like the signing and upkeep of this driver. There have been bad pay drivers that have come and gone but many teams who have been afflicted with them have had the sense to get rid of them after 1 year.  Not Williams though. 3 years. 3 f**king years. It's not so much his lack of speed. It's not even the number of crashes he's had (a lot I know). It's the nature of the crashes - just bone idle stupid.

It's not an argument against pay drivers. They've always been in the sport and some of them have been fantastic and worthy of their place there. But when it's someone who is so obviously out of his depth at this level and makes a mockery of the sport and a cherished team then it's an insult to everyone involved.

I could understand the first year. He finished 2nd in F2 (albeit in a very weak season) and brought a lot of money, so he wasn't the worst choice. They knew they had a rubbish car, and were desperate for money so it made sense.

The 2nd season... why not. They still needed his money, and who knows, maybe he could improve (he didn't...).

But how on earth do you give the guy a 3rd chance? Don't get me wrong, by all accounts, he's a very nice guy. But they had a half decent car, that can perform in the right circumstances. Albon proved it on a few occasions. But they are effectively racing with one arm behind their backs. It's just surreal.
      « Last Edit: Sep 23, 2022 04:54:33 pm by PTU »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,832 posts | 1372 
      Reply #1339: Sep 23, 2022 04:33:52 pm
      I could understand the first year. He finished 2nd in F2 (albeit in a very weak season) and brought a lot of money, so he wasn't the worst choice. They knew they had a rubbish car, and were desperate for money so it made sense.

The 2nd season... why not. They still needed his money, and who knows, maybe he could improve (he didn't...).

But how on earth do you give the guy a 3rd chance? Don't get me wrong, by all accounts, he's a very nice guy. But they had a half decent car, that can perform in the right circumstances. Albon proved in on a few occasions. But they are effectively racing with one arm behind their backs. It's just surreal.

Got to be honest, Albon's another one I'm not overly keen on. He's not bad...just average.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,548 posts | 1998 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1340: Sep 23, 2022 04:38:08 pm
      Got to be honest, Albon's another one I'm not overly keen on. He's not bad...just average.

He’s a make up the numbers type of driver, not even a No 3
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,925 posts | 571 
      Reply #1341: Sep 23, 2022 05:24:27 pm

To be honest, I had serious doubts before this season, but he seems to be doing pretty well. Then again, he's being compared to Latifi, so it was never going to be difficult. It's really hard to properly judge how good that Williams is.
      At the moment, I'd probably rate him as a decent driver. Nothing extraordinary, but far from the worst.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 30,140 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1342: Sep 23, 2022 07:43:34 pm

Agree.

Extremely average.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,122 posts | 1278 
      Reply #1343: Sep 24, 2022 01:02:57 pm
      VETTEL ADMITS SAD TRUTH ABOUT LADDER TO ‘ELITE’ F1
      Posted on September 22, 2022 | by Cambridge Kisby

The world is a MUCH better place when Sebastian Vettel is in an F1 car. But, in its current elitist state, the German has admitted a very sad truth about his journey to F1.

In a drivers press conference at Spa, Vettel told media including The Race: “I think if I had to start, if I was seven again today, I’m not sure I would make it, just because you need to have the financial backing at a very, very early age.”

“It has turned into an elite sport.”

The road to an F1 seat is STUPIDLY expensive, costing drivers millions of dollars to even get their foot in the door.

Even if they do have the talent to make it to F1, teams are often reluctant to take on rookies unless they have some sort of major financial backing. As they say CASH IS KING!

“Overall motorsport has become too professional. And with professionalism there’s also the financial aspect,” Vettel added.

“I mean look at F1. Now we have the budget cap to try and counter that but there was no limit before we entered that era, where we are in today, and teams were spending more money than they had and that’s all for the teams.”

Do you think F1’s ‘pay to play’ format is stopping potential young stars from getting to F1?

https://wtf1.com/post/vettel-admits-sad-truth-about-ladder-to-elite-f1/

Quick Reply