Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Formula 1 2022

Read 86356 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1 2022
      Reply #1334: Sep 23, 2022 10:53:01 am
      Somehow he's made himself look an even bigger tw*t with that paragraph :D

Couldnā€™t of put it better myselfā€¦  :lmao: Now if it was VAR approved heā€™d be agreeing with it all.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1335: Sep 23, 2022 10:58:15 am
      https://www.skysports.com/f1

At long last and not before time...

Latifi on his way out. One of the worse drivers I've seen in a while.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1336: Sep 23, 2022 11:17:59 am

He's not even in the top 20 out of a 20 driver championsip. Says it all.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #1337: Sep 23, 2022 12:09:49 pm

Nothing cemented Williams downfall and backmarker status quite like the signing and upkeep of this driver. There have been bad pay drivers that have come and gone but many teams who have been afflicted with them have had the sense to get rid of them after 1 year.  Not Williams though. 3 years. 3 F***ing years. It's not so much his lack of speed. It's not even the number of crashes he's had (a lot I know). It's the nature of the crashes - just bone idle stupid.

It's not an argument against pay drivers. They've always been in the sport and some of them have been fantastic and worthy of their place there. But when it's someone who is so obviously out of his depth at this level and makes a mockery of the sport and a cherished team then it's an insult to everyone involved.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1338: Sep 23, 2022 04:32:27 pm
      Nothing cemented Williams downfall and backmarker status quite like the signing and upkeep of this driver. There have been bad pay drivers that have come and gone but many teams who have been afflicted with them have had the sense to get rid of them after 1 year.  Not Williams though. 3 years. 3 f**king years. It's not so much his lack of speed. It's not even the number of crashes he's had (a lot I know). It's the nature of the crashes - just bone idle stupid.

It's not an argument against pay drivers. They've always been in the sport and some of them have been fantastic and worthy of their place there. But when it's someone who is so obviously out of his depth at this level and makes a mockery of the sport and a cherished team then it's an insult to everyone involved.

I could understand the first year. He finished 2nd in F2 (albeit in a very weak season) and brought a lot of money, so he wasn't the worst choice. They knew they had a rubbish car, and were desperate for money so it made sense.

The 2nd season... why not. They still needed his money, and who knows, maybe he could improve (he didn't...).

But how on earth do you give the guy a 3rd chance? Don't get me wrong, by all accounts, he's a very nice guy. But they had a half decent car, that can perform in the right circumstances. Albon proved it on a few occasions. But they are effectively racing with one arm behind their backs. It's just surreal.
      « Last Edit: Sep 23, 2022 04:54:33 pm by PTU »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #1339: Sep 23, 2022 04:33:52 pm
      I could understand the first year. He finished 2nd in F2 (albeit in a very weak season) and brought a lot of money, so he wasn't the worst choice. They knew they had a rubbish car, and were desperate for money so it made sense.

The 2nd season... why not. They still needed his money, and who knows, maybe he could improve (he didn't...).

But how on earth do you give the guy a 3rd chance? Don't get me wrong, by all accounts, he's a very nice guy. But they had a half decent car, that can perform in the right circumstances. Albon proved in on a few occasions. But they are effectively racing with one arm behind their backs. It's just surreal.

Got to be honest, Albon's another one I'm not overly keen on. He's not bad...just average.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1340: Sep 23, 2022 04:38:08 pm
      Got to be honest, Albon's another one I'm not overly keen on. He's not bad...just average.

Heā€™s a make up the numbers type of driver, not even a No 3
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1341: Sep 23, 2022 05:24:27 pm

To be honest, I had serious doubts before this season, but he seems to be doing pretty well. Then again, he's being compared to Latifi, so it was never going to be difficult. It's really hard to properly judge how good that Williams is.
      At the moment, I'd probably rate him as a decent driver. Nothing extraordinary, but far from the worst.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4878 
      Reply #1342: Sep 23, 2022 07:43:34 pm

Agree.

Extremely average.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1343: Sep 24, 2022 01:02:57 pm
      VETTEL ADMITS SAD TRUTH ABOUT LADDER TO ā€˜ELITEā€™ F1
      Posted on September 22, 2022 | by Cambridge Kisby

The world is a MUCH better place when Sebastian Vettel is in an F1 car. But, in its current elitist state, the German has admitted a very sad truth about his journey to F1.

In a drivers press conference at Spa, Vettel told media including The Race: ā€œI think if I had to start, if I was seven again today, Iā€™m not sure I would make it, just because you need to have the financial backing at a very, very early age.ā€

ā€œIt has turned into an elite sport.ā€

The road to an F1 seat is STUPIDLY expensive, costing drivers millions of dollars to even get their foot in the door.

Even if they do have the talent to make it to F1, teams are often reluctant to take on rookies unless they have some sort of major financial backing. As they say CASH IS KING!

ā€œOverall motorsport has become too professional. And with professionalism thereā€™s also the financial aspect,ā€ Vettel added.

ā€œI mean look at F1. Now we have the budget cap to try and counter that but there was no limit before we entered that era, where we are in today, and teams were spending more money than they had and thatā€™s all for the teams.ā€

Do you think F1ā€™s ā€˜pay to playā€™ format is stopping potential young stars from getting to F1?

https://wtf1.com/post/vettel-admits-sad-truth-about-ladder-to-elite-f1/
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1344: Sep 30, 2022 05:01:50 pm
      Intriguing situation around the cost caps. There's some strong speculation doing the rounds that 2 teams overspent last year, Aston Martin and Red Bull. If that turns out to be true (we should get the results next week), I wonder what will come of it.

Once again, the FIA painted themselves into a corner, with the punishments for financial breaches not being clearly defined.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1345: Sep 30, 2022 05:31:04 pm
      Intriguing situation around the cost caps. There's some strong speculation doing the rounds that 2 teams overspent last year, Aston Martin and Red Bull. If that turns out to be true (we should get the results next week), I wonder what will come of it.

Once again, the FIA painted themselves into a corner, with the punishments for financial breaches not being clearly defined.

Fingers crossed itā€™s Red Bull.  ;D
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1346: Sep 30, 2022 06:08:06 pm
      Fingers crossed itā€™s Red Bull.  ;D

I don't know... As an F1 fan first and foremost, I'm not sure I want more controversy to be honest.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1347: Oct 01, 2022 12:05:14 pm
      I don't know... As an F1 fan first and foremost, I'm not sure I want more controversy to be honest.

Yeah you have a more than valid point but I have so much sour grapes about how Abu Dhabi was run for me it would be poetic justice so hard as it may seem I say bring it on. Iā€™m of the opinion Lewis hasnā€™t been the same person since and his mojo well and truly knocked for six.

It would be no more controversy than that, plus seeing the face of Horner -Max & Helmut for me would be worth what actions follow.  #Fcukredbull.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #1348: Oct 01, 2022 04:02:20 pm

Will get very messy if it's confirmed that Red Bull are the team with the big breach they are talking about.

Overspending last season means they'll have probably overspent this season which in tur affects the money that goes into the development of the 2023 car.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1349: Oct 01, 2022 05:10:44 pm
      It is Redbull, it's all pretty much confirmed that they are the ones being looked at for the major breach. It's just whether it turns out to be the case or not, even if it is I doubt we will see a drivers championship impacted by it, FIA don't have the balls for it. If they do it for last season they would need to do it for this season also which would complicate things.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1350: Oct 02, 2022 12:59:34 pm
      start delayed until 2.05pm 1 hour.  The RB saga is gaining ground its now reported $13mil the interesting thing is how the F1A manipulate this to keep RB on top.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1351: Oct 02, 2022 02:03:43 pm
      start delayed until 2.05pm 1 hour.  The RB saga is gaining ground its now reported $13mil the interesting thing is how the F1A manipulate this to keep RB on top.

There have to be serious repercussions, that is an insane amount and would put them way above their rivals for sure with that amount of added investment/development into the cars.

Give Hamilton last year's championship and penalise Max for this year.

Although if that were to happen I would feel for Max as I don't feel as a driver he needs an unfair advantage to be winning championships.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1352: Oct 02, 2022 03:52:22 pm
      another stop start Singapore GP just 14 left now Max 11th so no win today and no pressure on the FIA to take away this years title so just last years then.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #1353: Oct 02, 2022 04:17:32 pm
      Not going to lie. A wet race in Singapore led from start to finish by Sergio Perez is not a ticket I would buy. Sorry if that sounds demeaning to Perez...but it is what it is.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1354: Oct 02, 2022 04:20:22 pm
      Not going to lie. A wet race in Singapore led from start to finish by Sergio Perez is not a ticket I would buy. Sorry if that sounds demeaning to Perez...but it is what it is.

Credit where credit is due, he was absolutely brilliant today.

Not the results I was hoping for, but all in all, it was a fun race to watch.

Btw, has there ever been a more useless penalty than Latifi's 5 places grid penalty for the next race? Last +5 is still last.
      « Last Edit: Oct 02, 2022 04:35:28 pm by PTU »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #1355: Oct 03, 2022 11:41:50 am
      Credit where credit is due, he was absolutely brilliant today.

Not the results I was hoping for, but all in all, it was a fun race to watch.

Btw, has there ever been a more useless penalty than Latifi's 5 places grid penalty for the next race? Last +5 is still last.

Yeah, I'm being petty there. Red Bull have produced a corker of a car this year but it's hard to engage with no real title fight. And to see second drivers of that team winning it's all a bit 'meh' (I felt the same when Bottas was winning). Similar to previous years like 2019 when it becomes obvious very early on who's going to win.

I kind of just wish Verstappen has stormed through the field yesterday and won after slipping back to 12th at the start. That would have made it much more memorable than his team mate winning.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,838 posts | 701 
      Reply #1356: Oct 03, 2022 03:55:14 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      You weren't saying that after Abu Dhabi were you?

Yes I was. I said several times already that the red flag should have been brought out after Latifi crashed. Then Masi would have kept his job, and we would have been spared all the nonsense that dumb and dumber have brought to the table this season. It took them 4 hours yesterday to deliver a meaningless penalty and confirm the race result, that could have been sorted in 5 minutes flat during the race.

Nothing cemented Williams downfall and backmarker status quite like the signing and upkeep of this driver. There have been bad pay drivers that have come and gone but many teams who have been afflicted with them have had the sense to get rid of them after 1 year.  Not Williams though. 3 years. 3 F***ing years. It's not so much his lack of speed. It's not even the number of crashes he's had (a lot I know). It's the nature of the crashes - just bone idle stupid.

We know all that is because he crashed in the UAE.

He was rubbish and he won't be missed, but he's not the first nor the last to be out of his depth at this level. The latest one who has kept his drive, is Tsunoda.

Quick Reply