Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Formula 1 2022

Read 86279 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Formula 1 2022
      Reply #1541: Nov 20, 2022 08:15:01 pm
      It’s great to see Fraudstappen getting booed every time.  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #1542: Nov 20, 2022 08:54:29 pm
      Sad to see Vettel go but it was a fantastic career. One of the most likeable guys in all of sport.

His first (and possibly best) victory at Monza 2008 will live forever live in the memory. A glorious Grand Prix from a far more glorious era for the sport.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1543: Nov 20, 2022 09:31:08 pm
      Sad to see Vettel go but it was a fantastic career. One of the most likeable guys in all of sport.

His first (and possibly best) victory at Monza 2008 will live forever live in the memory. A glorious Grand Prix from a far more glorious era for the sport.

He will be missed for sure.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #1544: Nov 20, 2022 09:47:24 pm

Got to be honest, the guy he started alongside, Fernando Alonso, should call it a day as well. His time at Aston Martin will go no better than the Alpine years and in place of a lack of competitiveness we'll just see the same old petulant, paranoid and childish behaviour in the press and over radio comms. One thing I'm not looking forward to next season. He's proven himself this season to be an ill fitting 'elder statesman' of the sport.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1545: Nov 20, 2022 10:24:30 pm
      Got to be honest, the guy he started alongside, Fernando Alonso, should call it a day as well. His time at Aston Martin will go no better than the Alpine years and in place of a lack of competitiveness we'll just see the same old petulant, paranoid and childish behaviour in the press and over radio comms. One thing I'm not looking forward to next season. He's proven himself this season to be an ill fitting 'elder statesman' of the sport.

Whilst Alonso is supremely talented, I cannot fathom why someone would want such a toxic personality in their team...
      He will not have a pleasant time fighting against his boss's son, and you can bet his ugly side will come out once again.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #1546: Nov 20, 2022 10:44:15 pm
      Whilst Alonso is supremely talented, I cannot fathom why someone would want such a toxic personality in their team...
      He will not have a pleasant time fighting against his boss's son, and you can bet his ugly side will come out once again.

Agree. The desire by the top teams to not touch him with a barge pole is damning enough but he's lucky to not have received an even bigger backlash as his antics have deserved that over the years.
      « Last Edit: Nov 20, 2022 10:57:25 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1547: Nov 21, 2022 11:46:42 am
      Kind of feel for George Russell.
      Beats Hamilton the only year they have a car not winning the title.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1548: Nov 21, 2022 02:37:26 pm
      Kind of feel for George Russell.
      Beats Hamilton the only year they have a car not winning the title.

Promising start though for when he becomes No 1 in the team.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1549: Nov 21, 2022 04:43:20 pm
      Promising start though for when he becomes No 1 in the team.

He already is...  :roll: :roll: :roll: :lmao: :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1550: Nov 21, 2022 04:51:53 pm
      Quote from PTU link=topic=52818.msg2516160#msg2516160  date=1669049000
      He already is...  :roll: :roll: :roll: :lmao: :lmao:

Knew you’d say that anyway.  :lmao: Wait till Lando joined them though.  :lmao:  :)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #1551: Nov 21, 2022 10:17:17 pm
      Knew you’d say that anyway.  :lmao: Wait till Lando joined them though.  :lmao:  :)

Ha! Though I think George has stolen a march on Lando this year. Matured superbly and brought home the points while Lewis early on desperately tried to find the magic bullet that never really came with that car.

George's attitude is better in my view. More mature and measured. Lando - a more natural talent but needs to catch up in terms of maturity.

And fair play to Lewis. Spent his career partnered by quality drivers from Fernando, to Jenson, Nico and now George. Few drivers have had as illustrious a list of team mates.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1552: Nov 22, 2022 04:18:24 am
      Ha! Though I think George has stolen a march on Lando this year. Matured superbly and brought home the points while Lewis early on desperately tried to find the magic bullet that never really came with that car.

George's attitude is better in my view. More mature and measured. Lando - a more natural talent but needs to catch up in terms of maturity.

And fair play to Lewis. Spent his career partnered by quality drivers from Fernando, to Jenson, Nico and now George. Few drivers have had as illustrious a list of team mates.

Can’t really  see anything wrong with this post  and to be fair to PTU  he always had Russell on a bigger pedestal than us two didn’t he  so currently he has the brownie points.   ;D However, We both said Lando the better driver  but until he gets into a merc- Ferrari or godforbid a red bull the answer ( for me anyway  :f_whistle: ) still remains to be seen who’s the best/fastest.  :lmao:

PTU
      All though your mate!! Russell defo showing more maturity than Lando and has impressed to the same level as you always thought  ( which I didn’t)  I still think Lando will be the better driver.  :lmao:

Time will tell…  :f_whistle: :lmao:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1553: Nov 22, 2022 09:28:48 am
      Lando nearly single handily carried McLaren to P4 in the Constructors.
      The "needs to mature" line is a crock of sh*t.

Dude is probably only bettered by Verstappen and Hamilton right now
      and that's only really because we haven't seen him in equal machinery.

The thing with Russell is it's like having an engineer in the car for the team.
      Listen to the radio. Guy is giving Vettel levels of input to the team already.
      « Last Edit: Nov 22, 2022 01:38:40 pm by racerx34 »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #1554: Nov 22, 2022 12:55:03 pm

Dude is probably only better my Verstappen and Hamilton right now

It's all relative though. I wouldn't say he's immature, just not as mature as George. Russell I think is more even tempered which is a pitch perfect mentality to win. I think Lando's comments earlier on in the season about Mercedes turning George 'boring' and no longer fun or words to that effect was slightly foolish. But I agree in terms of pure talent, only Max and Lewis are ahead. 
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1555: Nov 22, 2022 03:42:04 pm
      Can’t really  see anything wrong with this post  and to be fair to PTU  he always had Russell on a bigger pedestal than us two didn’t he  so currently he has the brownie points.   ;D However, We both said Lando the better driver  but until he gets into a merc- Ferrari or godforbid a red bull the answer ( for me anyway  :f_whistle: ) still remains to be seen who’s the best/fastest.  :lmao:

PTU
      All though your mate!! Russell defo showing more maturity than Lando and has impressed to the same level as you always thought  ( which I didn’t)  I still think Lando will be the better driver.  :lmao:

Time will tell…  :f_whistle: :lmao:

Joking aside, even I have been impressed with Russell this season. I don't think his first year with Mercedes could have gone much better, given the awful car they had. His maturity, his calm, his consistency were phenomenal.
      And as racer said, his interactions with his engineer were impressive as well. He wasn't afraid to make the hard choices, even if that meant overruling his team.

Before this season, the biggest question mark was probably his wheel to wheel abilities. He never got to show them with Williams. And I must say he definitely showed them this year. Barcelona for example was incredibly enjoyable in that regard.

I'd actually argue he's the driver of the season. Granted, Verstappen probably deserves it, but I just... can't...  ;D
      And as impressive as Max was, his machinery was so much better than the rest anyway.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1556: Nov 22, 2022 04:02:37 pm

I'd actually argue he's the driver of the season. Granted, Verstappen probably deserves it, but I just... can't...  ;D
      And as impressive as Max was, his machinery was so much better than the rest anyway.

Fcuk that, I’d argue differently, the only thing Fraudstappen deserves is a punch on the nose.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1557: Nov 23, 2022 08:14:40 am

Dude is probably only bettered by Verstappen and Hamilton right now

$64,000 question racer.  ;D What team would you like to see Lando sign for?   ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1558: Nov 23, 2022 07:36:40 pm
      $64,000 question racer.  ;D What team would you like to see Lando sign for?   ;D

Lando in a truly competitive Ferrari.

Just imagine.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1559: Nov 23, 2022 11:11:40 pm
      Lando in a truly competitive Ferrari.

Just imagine.

Can imagine even better in a Merc.  ;D

On a side note… Hearing rumours Perez may be getting the sack from red bull. Q Lando?   :f_wah: Hope not.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1560: Nov 26, 2022 10:59:13 pm
      Quote from Don77
      So we now know you can cheat to win an f1 title .... get found out ... and keep said title. The most tainted title in all of sports history. Well done max.

You know when an Olympic gold medalist gets found out to be a cheat further down the line they lose the gold medal ... not in f1 it seems. As you were.

He and his team were cleared of cheating, so there was nothing for him to lose. Despite their sum on sandwiches not adding up, Mercedes still won the 2021 constructors championship. I don't think that's tainted.

Quote from Keith Singleton
      It’s great to see Fraudstappen getting booed every time.  :lmao:

Now you have discovered previously hidden talents. Seeing people actually booing, apparently. All amongst an ocean of orange t-shirts and the waved red white and blue flags that go with them, around the world.

I notice that there was none of that garbage and vitriol above from you or anyone else for about 7 seasons, until he started beating Hamilton. 15-0 it was this season. Total and complete annihilation job. He's won on every kind of track. Narrow tracks, new tracks, street tracks, famous tracks. He's won starting from pole, the front row, and from the midfield. Won in the sun, the rain, the heat and the cold. Got almost every single strategy call spot on as well, but his best drive this season imo was the run in in Canada, where he held off the Ferrari behind him, a faster car on fresher tyres with DRS and a slipstream. He did it all for the last 20 laps on the day, when Hamilton couldn't do it for 2 corners on the last lap last season.

With Perez, the RB is just another average car. With Verstappen at the wheel, it's a world beater. He's on his way to at least 10 world titles, and you're on your way to finding a drink that will last that long.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1561: Nov 27, 2022 10:28:45 am

Red Bull seem to be set for a Max / Daniel reunion.

Ferrari definitely wouldn't suit him.
      Plus they're set for the foreseeable with Charles.

The only seat left is Mercedes when Lewis calls it a day.

There is no point in him looking to another "best of the rest" team.
      He's already at McLaren, Alpine would be no step forward.

The risk is he stays at McLaren and ends up being a guy that was
      exceedingly good but didn't realise his potential by the end of his career.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1562: Nov 27, 2022 03:57:36 pm
      Red Bull seem to be set for a Max / Daniel reunion.

Ferrari definitely wouldn't suit him.
      Plus they're set for the foreseeable with Charles.

The only seat left is Mercedes when Lewis calls it a day.

There is no point in him looking to another "best of the rest" team.
      He's already at McLaren, Alpine would be no step forward.

The risk is he stays at McLaren and ends up being a guy that was
      exceedingly good but didn't realise his potential by the end of his career.

I’m hoping it’s the Merc also, would be sad if he didn’t get chance to show his true potential as I do think he has the qualities to be a world champion for sure. Two young brits at Mercs would make the next 5/10 years very enjoyable, especially when we have Fraudstappen over.   ;D

Quick Reply