Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-match: Liverpool V Newcastle [Thursday December 16th, 20:00]

Read 5742 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Pre-match: Liverpool V Newcastle [Thursday December 16th, 20:00]
      Reply #23: Dec 16, 2021 11:19:57 am
      Wont be watching the game as Iā€™m taking kids to watch Spider-Man....

Going for a modest 2-1 to the Redmen but hopefully smash the sh*te out of them...

Amazing film.

I won't be able to see it due to a work social before everything locks down, hoping for a 4-0 win here.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #24: Dec 16, 2021 11:30:08 am
      Can't see anything except a comprehensive win.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #25: Dec 16, 2021 12:24:12 pm
      Everyone has their own take on this covid bollocks, to me it has now gone beyond a joke, it is abundantly clear this is nothing more than a money making scheme borne from the big Pharmaā€™s, in this country the majority  are vaccinated x2 which is deemed safe and protective, and even if you were to contract the virus the survival rate is 99.7%, covid is a virus, viruses mutate, itā€™s what they do, same as the flu, itā€™s also a virus that mutates, and every year since I can remember especially in winter people  get the flu, but has the ā€˜fluā€™ now been replaced by covid, because you donā€™t hear of it anymore, I find that particularly strange, that all of a sudden the big Pharmaā€™s have the opportunity  to glean even more money from the weak and vulnerable by promoting the need for the population to be vaccinated by their untested products, initial two jabs were required, now itā€™s two jabs and boosters, and all the time they invent new strains to keep the cash coming in, I am not vaccinated, nor do I intend to be, that is my choice, as most of you will know, Iā€™ve been battling cancer recently and yet my immune system has been at its lowest but Iā€™ve remained covid free, only my opinion but itā€™s a complete load of bollocks and no more worse than the common flu.

RANT OVERā€¦Apologies to Mods for using this thread to vent my spleen !!

I think itā€™s as plain as day that Newcastle are  heading for the trap door and down to the championship where they can rebuild using their mega MiĀ£Ā£ions, this is another opportunity to ramp up the goal difference and I can see us with a number 4 at least on the scoreline after 95, pity we only have the three sub rule, we could have done with the extra two subs to help with resting certain individuals, anyhoo I think JĆ¼rgen will rotate slightly and with Spuds on the immediate horizon, assuming it goes ahead, Iā€™d go with thisā€¦ā€¦.

Allison
                           Trent.     Konate.   Gomez.   Robbo
                                               Fabinho
                                 Thiago.                  Keita
                               Salah.        Bobby.      Mane

Bench; Kelleher, Virgil, Hendo, Jota, Milner, Ox, Divock, Kostas, Jones, Morton

Depending what the score is, Iā€™d be starting making changes on the hour, Bobby off for Jota, Naby off for Hendo, Mo for Divock, or Thiago off for Jimmy, game should be wrapped up by then quite easily, not expecting too much woe from the barcodes and I think this will be a breeze.

5-0 Champions Elect

Y  N  W  A

COVID? What COVID?! I'll be at Anfield tonight - first visit since the pandemic. Can't wait
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #26: Dec 16, 2021 12:44:06 pm
      Won't be playing Sunday wouldn't of thought so may as well go full strength
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #27: Dec 16, 2021 01:20:29 pm
      I think we could all do with one of those games where very shot goes in and we are 3 up after 10 mins. Let the Kop Choir sing tonight and entertain us all
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #28: Dec 16, 2021 02:21:16 pm
      Leicester-Spurs called off.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #29: Dec 16, 2021 02:29:13 pm

I wonder is it still spurs or have leicester now fallen foul
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #30: Dec 16, 2021 02:31:45 pm
      I wonder is it still spurs or have leicester now fallen foul

Article i read said Rodgers had reported 9 players absent due to covid and injury, but didn't mention the split.

Brentford apparently also has players who tested positive.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #31: Dec 16, 2021 02:34:35 pm
      A number of clubs pushing for a league shut down until the new year. We'll see if the FA caves into the pressure

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/story/4549444/premier-league-covid-19-crisis-clubs-push-for-shutdown-until-2022-sources

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #32: Dec 16, 2021 02:38:07 pm

they will have to ask SKY,BT and Amazon for permission they dont care if the games go ahead in empty stadiums.
      Personally I would prefer a short shut down to empty stadium football as we all know how that goes
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #33: Dec 16, 2021 02:46:48 pm
      COVID? What COVID?! I'll be at Anfield tonight - first visit since the pandemic. Can't wait

Lucky sod ! Mate I hope you have a fantastic night of it, hopefully lots of goals, like you Iā€™m sick of all the f***in bullshit, people should just get on with their lives and whatever will be  will be, dunno the exact figures but Iā€™ve heard over 89% of the population have been jabbed, weā€™ve had stadia full of fans for f***in months now and everything has been as good as it should be, variantā€™s upon variantā€™s are just the fear factor been rushed out again, ā€œoowā€ you better get this booster Omriconā€™s coming to kill us all, whatā€™s the next one gonna be called ffs,ā€¦.sorry pal but it just pisses me tae F**k off, all this crap from that f***in Baffoon Boris, and ppl believe him too, f***in fat Tory Fuckpig !!!!

UP THE f***in REDS !!

Y  N  W  A
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #34: Dec 16, 2021 02:52:03 pm
      they will have to ask SKY,BT and Amazon for permission they dont care if the games go ahead in empty stadiums.
      Personally I would prefer a short shut down to empty stadium football as we all know how that goes

This
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #35: Dec 16, 2021 03:37:19 pm
      Itā€™s going to suck if the footy is cancelled again from a selfish point of view, last time was an all time low, not only did you have the constant covid news but no real escape from it for those 90 minsā€¦

Iā€™m not sure a quick break will work too because say they have a 2 week break from this weekend, players will be spending time with their loved ones and rightfully so, so a good chunk will not be able to return straight after the break anyway with it, and the teams who didnā€™t have a game postponed before the break will say itā€™s not fair if they canā€™t have the same after the short break if they have a number of players not able to returnā€¦

Footy is in a pickle right nowā€¦
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #36: Dec 16, 2021 04:36:38 pm
      Van Dijk Covid ?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #37: Dec 16, 2021 04:49:21 pm

no reports of any of our players on SKY and they would be all over this surely
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #38: Dec 16, 2021 04:57:11 pm
      no reports of any of our players on SKY and they would be all over this surely

Not really never heard any players from any other clubs mentioned who have it
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #39: Dec 16, 2021 05:00:18 pm
      Everyone has their own take on this covid bollocks, to me it has now gone beyond a joke, it is abundantly clear this is nothing more than a money making scheme borne from the big Pharmaā€™s, in this country the majority  are vaccinated x2 which is deemed safe and protective, and even if you were to contract the virus the survival rate is 99.7%, covid is a virus, viruses mutate, itā€™s what they do, same as the flu, itā€™s also a virus that mutates, and every year since I can remember especially in winter people  get the flu, but has the ā€˜fluā€™ now been replaced by covid, because you donā€™t hear of it anymore, I find that particularly strange, that all of a sudden the big Pharmaā€™s have the opportunity  to glean even more money from the weak and vulnerable by promoting the need for the population to be vaccinated by their untested products, initial two jabs were required, now itā€™s two jabs and boosters, and all the time they invent new strains to keep the cash coming in, I am not vaccinated, nor do I intend to be, that is my choice, as most of you will know, Iā€™ve been battling cancer recently and yet my immune system has been at its lowest but Iā€™ve remained covid free, only my opinion but itā€™s a complete load of bollocks and no more worse than the common flu.

RANT OVERā€¦Apologies to Mods for using this thread to vent my spleen !!

I think itā€™s as plain as day that Newcastle are  heading for the trap door and down to the championship where they can rebuild using their mega MiĀ£Ā£ions, this is another opportunity to ramp up the goal difference and I can see us with a number 4 at least on the scoreline after 95, pity we only have the three sub rule, we could have done with the extra two subs to help with resting certain individuals, anyhoo I think JĆ¼rgen will rotate slightly and with Spuds on the immediate horizon, assuming it goes ahead, Iā€™d go with thisā€¦ā€¦.

Allison
                           Trent.     Konate.   Gomez.   Robbo
                                               Fabinho
                                 Thiago.                  Keita
                               Salah.        Bobby.      Mane

Bench; Kelleher, Virgil, Hendo, Jota, Milner, Ox, Divock, Kostas, Jones, Morton

Depending what the score is, Iā€™d be starting making changes on the hour, Bobby off for Jota, Naby off for Hendo, Mo for Divock, or Thiago off for Jimmy, game should be wrapped up by then quite easily, not expecting too much woe from the barcodes and I think this will be a breeze.

5-0 Champions Elect

Y  N  W  A

Well said sir, same BS here in USA, media just loves scaring people, and many are. Covid is real,
      Yes, but we need to live with it (like the flu) and stop make it so political.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #40: Dec 16, 2021 05:05:48 pm
      Not really never heard any players from any other clubs mentioned who have it

Klopp literally said yesterday he doesnā€™t understand why other clubs wouldnā€™t be open about it and that he would be

If he is out we will be told
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #41: Dec 16, 2021 05:07:38 pm
      Well said sir, same BS here in USA, media just loves scaring people,

this is the most important truth of today the MEDIA ARE sh*t STIRRING bas**rds. They stir up racial tensions they have us terrified of anyone who looks different than other people and the headlines have nothing to do with the story. I fear people are being forced to work and stay indoors at home just look at the exercise stuff now being sold and all the gaming stuff it is just bizarre . Home shopping with Amazon etc get outside enjoy fresh air meet people have a laugh enjoy company and enjoy watching the Reds. F**k them
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #42: Dec 16, 2021 05:11:39 pm
      can we not put forward a few names from the forum to the club if they run out of players I want to see Billythered, Shabs, Brian78 on the programme. I have a calf injury at the moment otherwise I would be well up for it. Either shut it down or get on with it.All this drip drip feeding of clubs having Covid problems is just annoying now.
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #43: Dec 16, 2021 05:15:14 pm
      can we not put forward a few names from the forum to the club if they run out of players I want to see Billythered, Shabs, Brian78 on the programme. I have a calf injury at the moment otherwise I would be well up for it. Either shut it down or get on with it.All this drip drip feeding of clubs having Covid problems is just annoying now.

Can I be honest?

I really donā€™t want to see them playing

Billy would make all games come after the watershed due to his swearing
      Shabs would likely start a conspiracy that the ball isnt round and the grass isnā€™t green
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #44: Dec 16, 2021 05:23:33 pm

Not sure how to take that 😂😂
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #45: Dec 16, 2021 05:26:41 pm
      Not sure how to take that 😂😂

your on the bench mate sorry.
      Really looking forward to tonight enjoy every minute of it because it may be a while before we see another game under lights at our Beloved Anfield

Quick Reply