Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Pre-match: Liverpool V Newcastle [Thursday December 16th, 20:00]

Read 5810 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,056 posts | 2744 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Pre-match: Liverpool V Newcastle [Thursday December 16th, 20:00]
      Reply #46: Dec 16, 2021 05:28:26 pm
      your on the bench mate sorry.
      Really looking forward to tonight enjoy every minute of it because it may be a while before we see another game under lights at our Beloved Anfield

Might be last full house, or any crowd at a game anyway, hope not
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,225 posts | 1650 
      Reply #47: Dec 16, 2021 05:33:53 pm
      Klopp literally said yesterday he doesn’t understand why other clubs wouldn’t be open about it and that he would be

If he is out we will be told

More than 1 apparently
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,894 posts | 4965 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #48: Dec 16, 2021 06:01:28 pm
      Can I be honest?

I really don’t want to see them playing

Billy would make all games come after the watershed due to his swearing
      Shabs would likely start a conspiracy that the ball isnt round and the grass isn’t green

f***in fuckety F**k F**k f***in love it !!
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 387 
      Reply #49: Dec 16, 2021 06:02:16 pm

Yeah loads of people that usually know their stuff saying this is true sadly
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,532 posts | 3903 
      Reply #50: Dec 16, 2021 06:24:08 pm
      this is the most important truth of today the MEDIA ARE sh*t STIRRING bas**rds. They stir up racial tensions they have us terrified of anyone who looks different than other people and the headlines have nothing to do with the story. I fear people are being forced to work and stay indoors at home just look at the exercise stuff now being sold and all the gaming stuff it is just bizarre . Home shopping with Amazon etc get outside enjoy fresh air meet people have a laugh enjoy company and enjoy watching the Reds. f**k them

100% mate! Live your life, you only get one
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 387 
      Reply #51: Dec 16, 2021 06:28:42 pm
      Won't be playing Sunday wouldn't of thought so may as well go full strength

Don’t see why? Apparently Spurs were willing to play either Leicester or Rennes today, only the PL and Leicester F***ing around so late meant they couldn’t do either
      rossyred

• 9,225 posts | 1650 
      Reply #52: Dec 16, 2021 06:32:11 pm
      Don’t see why? Apparently Spurs were willing to play either Leicester or Rennes today, only the PL and Leicester f**king around so late meant they couldn’t do either

Oh was it Leicester thought it was both . Hard to keep track one thing is the more games we get in the better because fixtures are going to pile up for some
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 387 
      Reply #53: Dec 16, 2021 06:43:42 pm
      Oh was it Leicester thought it was both . Hard to keep track one thing is the more games we get in the better because fixtures are going to pile up for some

Yeah I mean who knows what’s going to happen tbf…rumours of 2/3 in our squad now… hopefully it’s just rumours. Grim times.
      RedWilly

• 9,176 posts | 1630 
      Reply #54: Dec 16, 2021 06:52:14 pm
      Yeah I mean who knows what’s going to happen tbf…rumours of 2/3 in our squad now… hopefully it’s just rumours. Grim times.

Curtis, VVD and Fab out. Just confirmed by the club.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,504 posts | 387 
      Reply #55: Dec 16, 2021 06:53:04 pm

And 4 more games gone from the weekend. Be staggered if they don’t make a decision after today’s game….
      rossyred

• 9,225 posts | 1650 
      Reply #56: Dec 16, 2021 06:53:25 pm

What's the min required to call it off or does that depend on FA bias 🤔
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,681 posts | 3356 
      Reply #57: Dec 16, 2021 06:57:39 pm
      Wouldn’t surprise me if the whole weekend gets called off - lots of Covid cases now
      rossyred

• 9,225 posts | 1650 
      Reply #58: Dec 16, 2021 06:58:54 pm
      Wouldn’t surprise me if the whole weekend gets called off - lots of Covid cases now

2 week shutdown I reckon return on 28th and that midweek round
      Shauniex
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #59: Dec 16, 2021 07:00:05 pm

Liverpool will be out to make it eight wins in a row across all competitions when they welcome Newcastle United to Anfield on Thursday night.

The Reds prevailed 1-0 against Aston Villa last time out, while Eddie Howe's men went down 4-0 to Leicester City.

Jürgen Klopp's men may have seen their astonishing two-goals-per-game streak ended in recent weeks, but only Chelsea (21) can boast more Premier League goals at home than the Reds (19) this season, and Liverpool have won each of their last five at Anfield.

This week's hosts have also kept five clean sheets in that stretch and extended their Anfield unbeaten run to 20 matches with the 1-0 win at Villa, so Newcastle will surely not be harbouring hopes of a memorable win on the Merseyside turf.

Liverpool trio Nat Phillips, Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott remain out of action, but there is hope that Divock Origi and Roberto Firmino - who has now returned to training - may both be involved in some capacity.

Even if Firmino is not deemed ready to return from his hamstring problem just yet, Diogo Jota will expect to earn a recall up top as Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain drops down to the bench.

Klopp will certainly consider changes before a meeting with Tottenham Hotspur at the weekend, with Naby Keita, Kostas Tsimikas and Ibrahima Konate all potentially starting on Thursday.

Meanwhile, Newcastle did not pick up any fresh injury concerns in the defeat to Leicester, meaning that Paul Dummett is Howe's only absentee with his calf problem.

Howe should therefore make a few alterations with a near fully-fit squad ahead of meetings with both Manchester clubs, potentially starting with Miguel Almiron being sacrificed in order to welcome Ciaran Clark back from suspension to a five-man defence.

Isaac Hayden is also ready to beef up the midfield if necessary, but Willock has fond memories of playing at Anfield and will not want to lose his place here.

NB: Team no longer available

I think Klopp will rest Matip and Jota for Spurs.

Hey,

Looks a pretty solid line-up to me! I don't think the Tottenham game is going ahead, nor is the Leicester city game due to Covid-19 which is a down full. I like the front 3 you've chosen too

Quick Reply