Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-match: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool [Sunday December 19th, 16:30]

Read 6169 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-match: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool [Sunday December 19th, 16:30]
      Dec 18, 2021 10:00:17 am
      So apparently this match is going to take place, despite five other Premier League and at least 19 of 36 EFL games scheduled for the weekend being postponed. A meeting is set for Monday where among other things, a holiday season shutdown of Premier League matches is to be discussed.

I'm not certain what the timetable is for Fabinho, Virgil or Curtis Jones returning. I don't know if they are even having symptoms.

Spurs are 7th in the table on 25 points, but have three games in hand after their two most recent league games were postponed because of several positive tests. Antonio Conte says all but two of his players are now out of isolation, but went on to describe low morale and fitness going into the game (Watch out for the sandbagger, says me)

Hopefully another three points for us. I won't guess at a lineup because I'm not sure if Virgil and Fab are going to play.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Re: Pre-match: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool [Sunday December 19th, 16:30]
      Reply #1: Dec 18, 2021 10:46:04 am
      Simply hope the game goes ahead tomorrow afternoon, in these uncertain times. I am confident we will smash the spuds, for another 3 points.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2: Dec 18, 2021 10:50:34 am
      I think this game will suit us far more than the Newcastle game. Fancy a bit of a footballing lesson for Spurs tomorrow.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3: Dec 18, 2021 11:10:04 am
      Usually quite confident with this fixture, but under the current circumstances, not knowing who’s gonna be available for either side, weird one to call at the mo.
      Gone for 0-2 in the predictions, but need to see the team sheets to be sure.
      Just need to bring home the three points.

When I’ve looked at the fixtures of late, we always seem to have the toughest one of the top 4. Need to make sure of this one, so hope Virg snd Fab are back.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #4: Dec 18, 2021 11:11:55 am
      I think this game will suit us far more than the Newcastle game. Fancy a bit of a footballing lesson for Spurs tomorrow.

Don’t think it’ll be an easy game, playing a Conte team never is. Haven’t really followed their results since he’s come in though, anyone know how they are getting on?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #5: Dec 18, 2021 12:25:12 pm
      Hendo and Matip out now to?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6: Dec 18, 2021 12:32:25 pm

Heard it was hendo and mo
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #7: Dec 18, 2021 12:36:58 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #8: Dec 18, 2021 12:39:04 pm
      If all true were looking at

Ali

Trent Joe Beast Robbo

Thiago keita Ox

Jota  Bobby Sadio
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #9: Dec 18, 2021 12:52:43 pm
      Villa game called off now, be suprised if it goes ahead, just hope it does, hard to predict a result, if both teams are missing key players
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #10: Dec 18, 2021 01:34:09 pm
      I would dock points from any club that has failed to vaccinate the vast majority of their squad. At this stage of the season to learn that there are so many unvaccinated is appalling.

Just plays into the old stereotype that footballers are thick.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #11: Dec 18, 2021 01:39:46 pm
      I would dock points from any club that has failed to vaccinate the vast majority of their squad. At this stage of the season to learn that there are so many unvaccinated is appalling.

Absolutely, was just listening to Geoff Stelling on Sky Sports and he said the Italian league 98% of players have been vaccinated and they are not calling games off.
      And apparently the Budesliga are not going to pay players if they miss a game through Covid if they are not vaccinated.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #12: Dec 18, 2021 02:30:38 pm

The vaccine right now isn’t mandatory and I also believe there is a high level of players in the Prem who have the vaccine - all our players have and still we had three test positive

At the end of the day players and peoples health take priority
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #13: Dec 18, 2021 04:37:56 pm

Don't be so F***ing stupid!!

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #14: Dec 18, 2021 04:42:36 pm

Some amount of court cases in that scenario
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #15: Dec 18, 2021 05:10:56 pm
      Can't see this one happening tomorrow.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #16: Dec 18, 2021 05:13:11 pm
      Can't see this one happening tomorrow.

Shouldn't be either if we have 4 cases (if true) not sure on Spuds situation
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #17: Dec 18, 2021 05:25:23 pm
      All games should have been postponed last week and clubs told to set up bubbles and testing to get players ready for Boxing Day games.

But as usual sense and the FA don’t mix very well.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #18: Dec 18, 2021 05:26:51 pm
      Shouldn't be either if we have 4 cases (if true) not sure on Spuds situation

BBC saying Spurs won't have Son, Moura and Emerson
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #19: Dec 18, 2021 05:40:17 pm

we haven't got Shabs,Brian or Billythered.
      Seriously it is beginning to be a bit of a lottery isnt it
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #20: Dec 18, 2021 05:47:19 pm

Evens it up a bit . May come down to in some games you have 3 missing so have we so no advantage and play
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #21: Dec 18, 2021 05:55:54 pm

What happened to freedom of choice FMS? Who the f**k are you to tell anyone what they should do with their bodies? Especially concerning an experimental gene therapy without any animal trials and a clinical trial end date of March 2023.

Maybe you would like to tell the families of the 108 FIFA registered athletes who have died of cardiac arrest in the last 6 months?

https://americasfrontlinedoctors.org/2/frontlinenews/500-increase-in-sudden-cardiac-and-unexplained-deaths-among-fifa-athletes-in-2021/

I defend your right to put an experimental gene therapy into your body if you so wish, just as you should defend the right of any human being to not inject themselves with a substance with no long term efficacy or health studies.

Millions of soldiers around the world gave their lives for the freedoms we enjoy every day in a civilized world. Without freedom we are nothing. Freedom of choice is a must for any civilized society.

God Bless You
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #22: Dec 18, 2021 05:59:36 pm
      All games should have been postponed last week and clubs told to set up bubbles and testing to get players ready for Boxing Day games.

But as usual sense and the FA don’t mix very well.

Exactly right. This whole pandemic is a F***ing sham. All players should be isolating in a bubble as you say. It's not exactly Quantum Physics but then again this is the FA!

Quick Reply