Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-match: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool [Sunday December 19th, 16:30]

Read 6166 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Re: Pre-match: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool [Sunday December 19th, 16:30]
      Reply #46: Dec 18, 2021 09:05:30 pm
      If that is the case it will be off .8

That will mean thiago has got it twice then as he got it just after he signed.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #47: Dec 18, 2021 09:17:15 pm
      If we have a population that is 100% vaccinated as is the case with the team and we still cannot resume life as before, then not sure when we ever will.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Reply #48: Dec 18, 2021 11:12:37 pm
      I would dock points from any club that has failed to vaccinate the vast majority of their squad. At this stage of the season to learn that there are so many unvaccinated is appalling.

Just plays into the old stereotype that footballers are thick.

Yep, enormous truth in this ... really is astonishing that the clubs own insurance allows it to be honest - if any of them were to get long covid it would be the same as a serious leg break potentially
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #49: Dec 18, 2021 11:21:21 pm
      Virgil was saying they take a test in the morning when arriving and sit in the Car for 30 mins whilst they await the test. These lads are like brothers so they will be upset to see some of them test positive and i wonder if this did play out a bit against Newcastle the concentration in the first half was poor and so much better in the second half.
      I think they will be ok tomorrow against a much more challenging team I have a good feeling about the game.......as long as it goes ahead
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #50: Dec 18, 2021 11:59:59 pm
      If we have a population that is 100% vaccinated as is the case with the team and we still cannot resume life as before, then not sure when we ever will.

Agree, need to start living again. Stop living in fear.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #51: Dec 19, 2021 09:38:30 am
      Is this match still going ahead as of now?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #52: Dec 19, 2021 10:00:21 am
      Agree, need to start living again. Stop living in fear.

Agree life is for living, anyhow another win and 3 points for the Reds !
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #53: Dec 19, 2021 10:35:26 am
      Any truth that we could have as many as six players miss this one?
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #54: Dec 19, 2021 10:58:08 am
      This game needs calling off. Spurs are well rested and should be reasonably well prepared after having their games cancelled due to covid.

Sounds like we will be severely understrengh today so why should we have to play. Can't have 1 rule for one and a different one elsewhere. Call it off.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #55: Dec 19, 2021 11:04:01 am
      This game needs calling off. Spurs are well rested and should be reasonably well prepared after having their games cancelled due to covid.

Sounds like we will be severely understrengh today so why should we have to play. Can't have 1 rule for one and a different one elsewhere. Call it off.

Been thinking about this and I reckon they could knock the winter break in Jan on head and replay fixtures then , maybe Klopp feels better to play now whilst Afcon lads are here but get your point we don't want to jeopardise points by playing weakened team
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #56: Dec 19, 2021 11:09:31 am
      Been thinking about this and I reckon they could knock the winter break in Jan on head and replay fixtures then , maybe Klopp feels better to play now whilst Afcon lads are here but get your point we don't want to jeopardise points by playing weakened team

I just don't think it's right. Of course I'd much rather face spurs at full or near full strength but if as rumoured its more than 3 now then some who are negative could also be positive.

We need a 14 day break. We need the strict protocols to return, bubbles etc if things have gotten lax and go from there. Its out of control now and it's wrong to carry on.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #57: Dec 19, 2021 11:11:24 am

Surely you are aware that us being under strength, is more reason for the powers that be, to make us play.
      Under any agenda, any advantage they can give to our opposition will be taken.

For whatever reason, they would prefer Guardiola to win EVERYTHING, so they can upgrade their sucking up to him. 🤷‍♂️
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #58: Dec 19, 2021 11:19:41 am
      I just don't think it's right. Of course I'd much rather face spurs at full or near full strength but if as rumoured its more than 3 now then some who are negative could also be positive.

We need a 14 day break. We need the strict protocols to return, bubbles etc if things have gotten lax and go from there. Its out of control now and it's wrong to carry on.

I agree there needs to be some guidance though of what is acceptable 3, 4 ,5 etc . Could be a masterstroke given some teams 3 or 4 games behind but City look like in same boat and fixtures like Newcastle they are going to want to play now
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #59: Dec 19, 2021 11:19:49 am
      Anyway, still think we’ll win 0-2 at least 😂
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #60: Dec 19, 2021 11:30:16 am
      Only reason game should be called off is because of that major incident being called in the capital, makes no sense having a game go ahead if emergency services are strained etc.

But as we live in the capitalist society we do, money talks, so the game will go ahead. Three points to us.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #61: Dec 19, 2021 11:33:54 am
      Only reason game should be called off is because of that major incident being called in the capital, makes no sense having a game go ahead if emergency services are strained etc.

But as we live in the capitalist society we do, money talks, so the game will go ahead. Three points to us.

they will wait until a couple of hours before kick off and then call it off after away supporters have completed their journey.
      I hope it goes ahead we could all do with seeing the sight of Mo scoring a hatrick.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #62: Dec 19, 2021 11:36:55 am
      Will be awful for our supporters if it's called off now but I guess our boys will be having their pre match tests soon and if we've got more positives I think it'll almost certainly have to be postponed?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #63: Dec 19, 2021 11:38:02 am
      they will wait until a couple of hours before kick off and then call it off after away supporters have completed their journey.
      I hope it goes ahead we could all do with seeing the sight of Mo scoring a hatrick.

Bit like some of Villa's support milling around the ground yesterday when game called off.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #64: Dec 19, 2021 12:26:59 pm
      Clearly something going on as our under 23s game today was postponed as we couldn't fulfil the fixture
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #65: Dec 19, 2021 12:36:41 pm
      I agree there needs to be some guidance though of what is acceptable 3, 4 ,5 etc . Could be a masterstroke given some teams 3 or 4 games behind but City look like in same boat and fixtures like Newcastle they are going to want to play now

City have no issues. They have 2 first teams illegally put together by breaking the rules. It benefits them to carry on as even if they lose 7 or 8 they've plenty to come in and an unlimited pot of dirty money ready to go in 2 weeks time. They were on a run of 24 wins in a row this time last year and with everyone else struggling you can see them doing it again
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #66: Dec 19, 2021 12:37:44 pm
      Clearly something going on as our under 23s game today was postponed as we couldn't fulfil the fixture

Might all be making the numbers up for the 1st team
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #67: Dec 19, 2021 12:44:29 pm
      Yep, enormous truth in this ... really is astonishing that the clubs own insurance allows it to be honest - if any of them were to get long covid it would be the same as a serious leg break potentially

Exactly. You look at the mess Kimmch in Germany has got himself into as result of getting severe COVID. He now admits he wishes he had taken the vaccine. If he had and still got it, he'd be back playing. It'd have been nothing but a sniffle in comparison to the serious lung issues he's having now
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #68: Dec 19, 2021 12:52:16 pm
      Bit like some of Villa's support milling around the ground yesterday when game called off.

it pisses me off no end like sending us to Southampton or Brighton on Boxing day the FA are another group of idiots that need putting out to pasture along with most governing bodies.

Quick Reply