Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      25 (33.8%)
      Conor Bradley
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Billy Koumetio
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Tyler Morton
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      14 (18.9%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      8 (10.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      2 (2.7%)
      Naby Keïta
      13 (17.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      12 (16.2%)
      Owen Beck
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: Dec 26, 2021 09:55:39 pm

Liverpool 3-3 Leicester City (5-4 on pens): In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18214 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Re: Liverpool 3-3 Leicester City (5-4 on pens): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Dec 24, 2021 10:44:48 am
      Early Christmas present to the fans at the ground, to see them turn the game around, to beat Leicester on penalties.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Liverpool 3-3 Leicester City (5-4 on pens): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #507: Dec 24, 2021 10:52:11 am
      What a turnaround. The half time changes was everything. Brilliant match from AOC, Keita, Konate, Jota and Kelleher.

Kelleher and Jota showed that they have balls. Jingle bells...  :embarassed:

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #508: Dec 24, 2021 08:39:48 pm
      Quote from Scottbot
      Feckin loved that!!! Well deserved an all, 22 shots and 15 corners. The lads played a blinder the 2nd half. I actually thought the introduction of Konate was the most important change. Suddenly we looked solid at the back, Vardy didn't get a look in and he won absolutely everything in the air. We've got a real player here by the looks of things. 2 fantastic finishes by Jota and Taki at the end there. Absolutely clutch and so glad he doesn't have to rue his penalty miss because he excellent tonight, all action and endeavor. We are just starting to see a player emerge who might just belong at LFC after all. I thought young Morton had a good game and Ox continues to show some good form. A fewshaky moments from Gomez but he settled down and will benefit from the minutes and probably get himself another 90 in the semi-final.

As for our keeper, i wonder if Klopp would dare sub in Kelleher for a pen shootout! I think he is a better pen saver than big Ali!!!

Of course he is. He's saved 4 penalties now, and won us 2 shootouts. He's just the 5th keeper to have won 2 shootouts with us in our history. Alisson has had two shootouts and lost both, without saving any of the 10 he's faced. Last year, San Miguel fumbled the ball over the line to put us out of the competition. We have to face Arsenal again this season, so with the second leg at home, it's a great chance to set the record straight.

A rare game with no tv coverage, meant it was LFCTV where I followed the game, which still offers a stunning view of the roof of the Kenny Dalglish Stand on a home matchday in domestic competitions. Down on the pitch however, panic soon set in and with less than 15 minutes gone, we had a mountain to climb, which we hadn't made much progress by half time or by the hour mark. When Jota scored, the fightback began, and the atmosphere resembled a PL game than a LC one. Since Rodgers left, he has discovered the art of time wasting, and his players all knew their roles. A corner? Let someone else take it. A throw in? Get those laces tied. A goal kick? Take a siesta for "cramp". The result of it all was 6 minutes of injury time, and with 2 minutes left, they finally cracked. Onto the penalties, where Kelleher reminded us again that he's the best No. 2 in the league, and nothing to worry about if Alisson is ever unavailable. He may not play every week but at least he can save penalties.

So they left Anfield with nothing. When we head down there next week, we could be 6 points behind at ko time, so we better come back home with something.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #509: Dec 24, 2021 09:09:38 pm
      Its a few days late but I just managed to catch the replay of the match. They don't show the League Cup live here in the U.S.

IMO the greatest match I've ever seen was the 4-0 2nd Leg, Barca Semi at Anfield. What I remember most was the atmosphere and crowd. I live 4000k miles from the KOP End and I can actually say that match affected me emotionally and I've never felt that ever again.
      But, the atmosphere vs Leicester was amazing and it was just a League Cup match. I honestly believe that Anfield itself counts for at least an extra 12-15 pts a season and has an AMAZING, BRUTAL effect on visiting teams. Barcelona lost that match when the bus pulled up to Anfield. If Anfield continues to be our fortress we can't lose.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #510: Dec 25, 2021 03:18:35 am
      Its a few days late but I just managed to catch the replay of the match. They don't show the League Cup live here in the U.S.

IMO the greatest match I've ever seen was the 4-0 2nd Leg, Barca Semi at Anfield. What I remember most was the atmosphere and crowd. I live 4000k miles from the KOP End and I can actually say that match affected me emotionally and I've never felt that ever again.
      But, the atmosphere vs Leicester was amazing and it was just a League Cup match. I honestly believe that Anfield itself counts for at least an extra 12-15 pts a season and has an AMAZING, BRUTAL effect on visiting teams. Barcelona lost that match when the bus pulled up to Anfield. If Anfield continues to be our fortress we can't lose.

ESPN PLUS shows all
      League cup games, obviously a paid subscription
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #511: Dec 25, 2021 05:45:20 pm
      ESPN PLUS shows all
      League cup games, obviously a paid subscription

I did not know that. Well, looks like I'm paying for another streaming service.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #512: Dec 25, 2021 05:59:49 pm
      I did not know that. Well, looks like I'm paying for another streaming service.

Think it’s 6.99 per month but you can cancel anytime, so i always cancel when we get eliminated.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #513: Dec 25, 2021 07:07:59 pm
      ;D...I just went to install the app and realized its already on my phone and I had an account for about 2 years. I must of added it to watch a Cup match.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #514: Dec 25, 2021 07:51:31 pm
      ;D...I just went to install the app and realized its already on my phone and I had an account for about 2 years. I must of added it to watch a Cup match.

You should look at your credit card statement more often  :)
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #515: Dec 26, 2021 12:44:47 pm
      You should look at your credit card statement more often  :)
      I looked. I'm not paying. I canceled it over a year ago but for some reason my account is still active and streaming. Basically I got it for free right now.

Quick Reply