Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson Becker
      21 (26.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      8 (10%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (1.3%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      11 (13.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      22 (27.5%)
      Tyler Morton
      1 (1.3%)
      James Milner
      3 (3.8%)
      Naby Keïta
      2 (2.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (2.5%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      9 (11.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Voting closed: Dec 23, 2021 06:25:47 pm

Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19939 times
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Dec 19, 2021 07:54:37 pm

Irony doesn't really work in written form...

Try reading Jane Austen and come back to me.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #714: Dec 19, 2021 08:01:07 pm
      Its a good point considering the circumstances (4 very important players all missing and the red card)

Ali made a mistake but he also bailed us on several occasions so he's still man of the match for me.

The red card was deserved in my opinion. What I feel hard done-by is the penalty they ignored in the first half and the red card on Kane.

Cant say I didn't see this one coming though with players in key positions missing. I think we still played a pretty good game all things considered. 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #715: Dec 19, 2021 08:16:15 pm
      Try reading Jane Austen and come back to me.

Silly me, sarcasm isn't it, not irony. Never read Jane Austen - always put it in that off putting haughty English category (though may be wrong)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #716: Dec 19, 2021 08:22:59 pm
      Its a good point considering the circumstances (4 very important players all missing and the red card)

Ali made a mistake but he also bailed us on several occasions so he's still man of the match for me.

The red card was deserved in my opinion. What I feel hard done-by is the penalty they ignored in the first half and the red card on Kane.

Cant say I didn't see this one coming though with players in key positions missing. I think we still played a pretty good game all things considered.

Definitely. Kind of dreaded what might happen.

And full credit to Jürgen and the club - they didn't go banging to the PL asking for a postponement like the rest of them.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #717: Dec 19, 2021 08:23:23 pm
      Simply except the point and move on, even without a few key players, we are proving difficult to beat.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #718: Dec 19, 2021 08:29:47 pm
      Silly me, sarcasm isn't it, not irony. Never read Jane Austen - always put it in that off putting haughty English category (though may be wrong)

That's probably because of the stiff TV adaptations. She was a great writer, the best comic novels in English in my opinion. They are difficult though, and you have to pay close attention.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #719: Dec 19, 2021 08:34:25 pm
      Jürgen's post match interview was spot on , Tierney tells him that Jota stopped to invite a foul and that's why he didn't give the penalty ....really? unbelievable he could even think this ,Jürgen even asking Tierney why he doesn't like him ? I think The powers that be should lodge a complaint against this inept referee ,2 red cards in the match and only one given ? stinks to high hell
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #720: Dec 19, 2021 08:34:45 pm
      Definitely. Kind of dreaded what might happen.

And full credit to Jürgen and the club - they didn't go banging to the PL asking for a postponement like the rest of them.

Sounds like the round of matches including ours away to Leicester on Dec. 28 (Premier League, not the League Cup game) is going to be postponed after the managers meet tomorrow. Those games are scheduled to be on Amazon so it may mean a lot of money returned by the clubs.

Klopp says he is fine with it if someone shows him it will help the situation. He admits we don't currently have enough players to play all these games over the next two weeks.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #721: Dec 19, 2021 08:37:26 pm
      Anyone who says Robbo wasn't a red is wearing blinkers. It was rash and correct.

The problem is VAR being inconsistent. Robbo's was a red as was Kane's.

And it was 100% a penalty on Jota too, a similar tackle not long after was given outside the box if I remember rightly (possibly the same culprit) but I'm on Guinness number 9 now so I could be wrong.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #722: Dec 19, 2021 08:39:35 pm

I think it’s to the teams advantage if you can continue to play during a difficult period as the ones that haven’t have the inevitable back log  of games again in such a short space of time.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #723: Dec 19, 2021 08:45:37 pm
      pisses me right off when the lads have put in a real shift fu**ed over by the Ref and a so called Liverpool fan pisses all over their effort.
      Its just not on those lads gave everything at least appreciate the reality of what happened in the game we were robbed

End of your second line Walt. Says it all

Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #724: Dec 19, 2021 08:47:44 pm
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #725: Dec 19, 2021 08:54:32 pm
      Alli needs to get back to being the full package. No bad thing to save shots but thats just the starting point of being a keeper in a title winning side these days.

When they chip it over our high line and he comes to the edge of the box im left looking behind my fingers.

He must do better at sweeping because the way we play relies on him to be competent at that.

He still makes a lot of world class saves (he saved our ass in the first half), but he's no longer the steady hand he used to be and has become more volatile. One minute he can give you a world class save and the next completely mess up. My heart is starting to beat faster whenever he's involved while before it was calm as it is with Van Dijk. It's not just this year either. Last season he coughed up a lot of errors as well.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #726: Dec 19, 2021 08:56:00 pm
      Anyone who says Robbo wasn't a red is wearing blinkers. It was rash and correct.

The problem is VAR being inconsistent. Robbo's was a red as was Kane's.

And it was 100% a penalty on Jota too, a similar tackle not long after was given outside the box if I remember rightly (possibly the same culprit) but I'm on Guinness number 9 now so I could be wrong.

Yea, when i saw the replays i could not be upset at the red. Just a rough, unnecessary kick. But for the ref to go to VAR on his tackle and not on Kane's is a truck load of bullshit.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #727: Dec 19, 2021 09:12:05 pm
      Imagine a Liverpool supporter wearing blinkers supporting his team. FFS get a grip did you not see the REF this isn't Chess its winner take all being fair has F**k all to do with the game these days just ask those cu*ts operating the VAR who must have been polishing his bishop when Kane tried to break Robbo's leg. Jürgen literally called him a worthless c**t and he just blanked him because he knew he was right claiming Jota stopped on purpose.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #728: Dec 19, 2021 09:14:37 pm
      Who drugs the referees before our games?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #729: Dec 19, 2021 09:14:42 pm
      He still makes a lot of world class saves (he saved our ass in the first half), but he's no longer the steady hand he used to be and has become more volatile. One minute he can give you a world class save and the next completely mess up. My heart is starting to beat faster whenever he's involved while before it was calm as it is with Van Dijk. It's not just this year either. Last season he coughed up a lot of errors as well.

He’s still world class, he made a mistake but believe me, we would miss him bad if he were to move on.

He’s a class act and maybe over confident sometimes, however that edge makes him incredibly hard to beat and unpredictable. How many times has he saved a one on one? Plus that save against Dele was insane, he literally started moving before that shot was even taken. Next level goalkeeping
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #730: Dec 19, 2021 09:18:19 pm
      Yea, when i saw the replays i could not be upset at the red. Just a rough, unnecessary kick. But for the ref to go to VAR on his tackle and not on Kane's is a truck load of bullshit.

That’s the main issue - lack of any consistency, ref shoold have gone to the monitor for both and red card for both
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #731: Dec 19, 2021 09:59:04 pm
      Just coming up to the half way mark, 3 points off city and same goal difference. So just keep matching them and beat them when we meet and well be champions, straight forward as that
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #732: Dec 19, 2021 10:08:23 pm

Sign him up Jürgen
      crazyhorse
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      • Life long fan looking to find fellow reds
      Reply #733: Dec 19, 2021 10:25:01 pm
      Exciting, pulsating match..one we should have won, but in the end we deserved the point.

But…. I have never hated an opposition player like I hate Harry F***ing Kane. Serial cheat and diver, yet because he’s English, and England captain always excused. Truly I despise him - not in the same way as I despised Cantona, Ronaldo etc - they were great (although it pains me to say it) players. Kane is just a flat track bully who is lauded beyond his achievements and ability because he’s English. Todays tackle on Robby was criminal and any other player on the pitch would’ve been sent off…but not Saint Harry of Kane.

Anyway - rant over.

Well done to the boys for smuggling a point out of the capital in spite of the dodgy decisions, especially as half the team is covid positive. City will slip up, we will take advantage…
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #734: Dec 19, 2021 10:29:19 pm
      In isolation I don't have a problem with the red.......which is not to say I think it should be......but I think 7/10 nowadays it is.

I don't think there is any malice or real aggression - he's trying to win the ball back and get on with it and mis-times it and ends up booting him.

The difference between that and Kane lunging out of control at him is the bit that sticks in my craw......clearly Kane was taking everything because he's in no position to pick up the ball after the tackle.

So - take your medicine Robbo and Jürgen is spot on is asking refs to be accountable for instances that show zero understanding of the game.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #735: Dec 19, 2021 11:20:29 pm
      If you told me we would be 2nd only three points behind City at Christmas after drawing 4 games and losing 1 I'd take it.

A game which could have gone either way, if they finished their chances they could have been up by 2 or 3 going into half time.

For me we never looked like winning so losing the lead the way we did made it that much more difficult with the brain fart from Ali and the rashness of Robbo.

The title is still in our hands, we play City again don't we  , till we do we just need to keep treating every game like a cup final so when we play them we can overtake them or better yet pull away from them. I really do think that game will decide a lot this season.

YNWA

Quick Reply