Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      25 (33.8%)
      Conor Bradley
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Billy Koumetio
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Tyler Morton
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      14 (18.9%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      8 (10.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima KonatĂŠ
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      2 (2.7%)
      Naby KeĂŻta
      13 (17.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      12 (16.2%)
      Owen Beck
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: Dec 26, 2021 09:55:39 pm

Liverpool 3-3 Leicester City (5-4 on pens): In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18171 times
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Re: Liverpool 3-3 Leicester City (5-4 on pens): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Dec 23, 2021 12:31:07 am
      Tragic that we use up our luck in auch a meaningless game.

Well aren't you just full of Festive spirit, ffs give that team some credit. :mad:
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Re: Liverpool 3-3 Leicester City (5-4 on pens): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #461: Dec 23, 2021 12:35:29 am

A meaningless game?

How on earth can it be meaningless when you reach a semi-final of a cup competition, try telling that to all the fans at Anfield tonight, give your head a wobble lad.
      +11
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Leicester (League Cup)
      Reply #462: Dec 23, 2021 02:00:05 am

You called it. We had them set.up perfectly. Like Ali-Foreman in Zaire.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #463: Dec 23, 2021 02:03:38 am
      Questions should be asked about this from Leicester though. It’s dodgy as f**k. They claim they have a “worsening covid outbreak” rampaging though the squad 4 days ago. And rock up with a team missing nobody bar the injured lads

And we beat their asses ANYWAY!!!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #464: Dec 23, 2021 02:08:02 am
      Get the absolute F**k in...had to leave for work at HT and I said to my mate via text, we gonna win this KOP end 2nd half!!

Got to work 3-1 and watched with work mates in the office as no Bosses in.

Went ape sh*t jumping up and down when Taki scored

Went fkn nuts in front of office people, i've never seen before, when Jota slammed home the winning Peno.

Apologized to them later and said sorry but my Boys just pulled off another Miracle. They said it was just great to see someone that excited at work!!!

Get the fuckkkk in ..bring on those Gooners!!!

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #465: Dec 23, 2021 02:08:48 am

Too bad he set up a goal and scored a dramatic late equalizer.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #466: Dec 23, 2021 02:16:38 am
      I still believe we can get back to 3-3

Prophetic.

Who are you and what have you done with the real LondonRed83?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #467: Dec 23, 2021 02:22:02 am

You do realize that luck isn't a real thing right?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #468: Dec 23, 2021 02:50:09 am
      Get the absolute f**k in...had to leave for work at HT and I said to my mate via text, we gonna win this KOP end 2nd half!!

Got to work 3-1 and watched with work mates in the office as no Bosses in.

Went ape sh*t jumping up and down when Taki scored

Went fkn nuts in front of office people, i've never seen before, when Jota slammed home the winning Peno.

Apologized to them later and said sorry but my Boys just pulled off another Miracle. They said it was just great to see someone that excited at work!!!

Get the fuckkkk in ..bring on those Gooners!!!

Coworkers must have thought you'd gotten a big raise! 
       :)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #469: Dec 23, 2021 02:59:40 am
      60 minutes in on lfctv go. Stuck at work and too busy to follow the game save the last few penalty kicks. Loving the spirited fightback.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #470: Dec 23, 2021 03:04:22 am
      Coworkers must have thought you'd gotten a big raise! 
       :)

hahaha

no, some foreigners hahahah came to sit in our area today. Never seen them before. They won't make that mistake again!!

Me and the Boys got very loud.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #471: Dec 23, 2021 04:55:59 am
      hahaha

no, some foreigners hahahah came to sit in our area today. Never seen them before. They won't make that mistake again!!

Me and the Boys got very loud.

My daughter's new boyfriend walked in just before Taki's goal. First time he's heard me during a Liverpool match. I guess he needs to see/hear it sometime, so why not today?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #472: Dec 23, 2021 05:45:19 am
      My daughter's new boyfriend walked in just before Taki's goal. First time he's heard me during a Liverpool match. I guess he needs to see/hear it sometime, so why not today?

And what a day to hear it mate! Get innnnnn
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #473: Dec 23, 2021 07:16:47 am
      What a performance from our boys last night. If we had ewqalised 5 minutes earlier I think we'd have won it in normal time.

No sympathy for Leicester and their spoiling tactics with a full team out against our kids and fringe players.

I really hope taki is given more chances. There is a player in there. You just need to feel settled and get rhythm from playing matches.

With a much changed team we needed 20 minutes or so to settle and sadly we couldn't do that and keep the scores level against Leicesters first team.

But the way they battled back especially 2nd half was brilliant and the crowd was with them all the way and they couldn't deal with it.

2nd leg at anfield in the semi's ... we can do arsenal over the 2 games and if we reach the final im expecting Chelsea who seem to be fluking their way through every round.

Great effort. Proud of the boys. Onto another big one on Saturday now. Need the 3 as I'm sure Leicester will just roll over for the Saudis.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #474: Dec 23, 2021 08:06:11 am
      I had a quick look while debating a guy,  our starting 11 had roughly 50 senior appearances this season. That’s out of a possible 260+

Were there a lot of people present Ryeb.
      Was just wondering if it was MASS debating ?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #475: Dec 23, 2021 08:14:16 am
      when we started the likes of David Raven

I'd forgot he existed until I saw him walking his kids to Hilbre school when I was taking mine. Done one of those proper double takes.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #476: Dec 23, 2021 08:15:07 am

F**k me !  If there’s ever a post that tells us that you don’t support or get this club that is it, you used two words in that sentence, Tragic & Meaningless, exactly how most would describe your very existence in this forum.    F**k OFF !!!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #477: Dec 23, 2021 08:16:43 am
      I was shopping in M&S in Leicester tonight

Keeping that Tory/Leicester theme going, Caz 😊
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #478: Dec 23, 2021 09:11:36 am
      Hands up, who thought we were done and dusted at HT ? I have to admit I did have my doubts, I remember thinking if they score next we’re fu**ed, then I seen the subs and thought nah, this ain’t over, big shout out to the debs, Billy K at the back, Connor B as RB, both did themselves a world of good and a sh*t load of pride, yes mistakes were made that’s how you learn, so well done them,

What a second half though, it’s as if Jürgen just clicked a switch, attack upon attack and hardly let up, played almost entirely in their half, if you ever thought that squad players won’t run through brick walls for Jürgen watch that second half again, another big shout out, this time to Neco Williams, he ran his little Welsh legs off that lad, playing out of position 1st half, and he never gave up right to the death, Trent for midfield ? Neco has more than a decent shout I’d say, fantastic from Neco, didn’t think he had a future here, I’m starting to change my mind,

Taki another player who stepped up last night, I still think he’s a bit of a light weight but again like Neco he never gave up, gave the ball away too many times and flouted his lines once or twice, but he was there when it mattered most and his goal took us to penalties, I honestly thought Jota would have taken that 5th pen, so when Taki stood up I wasn’t too confident, as it proved to be, but I won’t Chuck him under the bus for having the balls to take the pen in the first place,

Caom Kelleher,  what a keeper, to stand in front of those Leicester wankers and take the abuse he did in that shootout, balls of granite that lad, he would be nervous as F**k anyway, even if at the Kop end, to have the nous to concentrate with constant “Booing” in his ears well I can’t imagine, but to then pull off two brilliant saves against all the odds was just super human for such a young relatively inexperienced keeper, and not only that he kept us in the game with great saves and blocks during the 95, absolutely fantastic from the Irish fella, deserves all the plaudits he got.

Naby Keita, please please please stay fit, because this fella is absolutely world class, yes yes I can hear you all saying don’t be so f***in stupid, but IF he can stay fit, stay healthy and has a run in the side we will see more of what we seen last night, now I nor any of you don’t know what Jürgen or Pep said to him but whatever it was it lit a fire under that lad’s arse, and maybe just maybe Naby, the penny has finally dropped, for 48 minutes this lad just ran the show, he grabbed this game by the scruff and just took control, we were a completely different animal to that of the first half, so much so Leicester couldn’t handle us, hence the time wasting, going down with cramp after a hour, yeah F**k off, feigning injury, slow restarts at throw ins, etc but Naby lad just keep doing what you’re doing because that was f***in immense,

What a performance from everyone last night, there is definitely something special about playing at Anfield under the lights on a Wednesday night, it has happened too many times now to be coincidental, did Shanks or Sir Bob die on a Wednesday or something i dunno, but whatever it is someone has bottled it and keeps it for special occasions, if that kind of performance doesn’t fill you with pride for being a Red then you are not human.

Such a privilege to support this club, it truly is, we really are a very special family!!

Y  N  W  A
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #479: Dec 23, 2021 09:16:26 am

Rather then abuse you over this post Id rather ask what you were thinking writing it and what you thought it might achieve
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #480: Dec 23, 2021 09:44:46 am
      Hands up, who thought we were done and dusted at HT ? I have to admit I did have my doubts, I remember thinking if they score next we’re fu**ed, then I seen the subs and thought nah, this ain’t over, big shout out to the debs, Billy K at the back, Connor B as RB, both did themselves a world of good and a sh*t load of pride, yes mistakes were made that’s how you learn, so well done them,

What a second half though, it’s as if Jürgen just clicked a switch, attack upon attack and hardly let up, played almost entirely in their half, if you ever thought that squad players won’t run through brick walls for Jürgen watch that second half again, another big shout out, this time to Neco Williams, he ran his little Welsh legs off that lad, playing out of position 1st half, and he never gave up right to the death, Trent for midfield ? Neco has more than a decent shout I’d say, fantastic from Neco, didn’t think he had a future here, I’m starting to change my mind,

Taki another player who stepped up last night, I still think he’s a bit of a light weight but again like Neco he never gave up, gave the ball away too many times and flouted his lines once or twice, but he was there when it mattered most and his goal took us to penalties, I honestly thought Jota would have taken that 5th pen, so when Taki stood up I wasn’t too confident, as it proved to be, but I won’t Chuck him under the bus for having the balls to take the pen in the first place,

Caom Kelleher,  what a keeper, to stand in front of those Leicester wankers and take the abuse he did in that shootout, balls of granite that lad, he would be nervous as f**k anyway, even if at the Kop end, to have the nous to concentrate with constant “Booing” in his ears well I can’t imagine, but to then pull off two brilliant saves against all the odds was just super human for such a young relatively inexperienced keeper, and not only that he kept us in the game with great saves and blocks during the 95, absolutely fantastic from the Irish fella, deserves all the plaudits he got.

Naby Keita, please please please stay fit, because this fella is absolutely world class, yes yes I can hear you all saying don’t be so f***in stupid, but IF he can stay fit, stay healthy and has a run in the side we will see more of what we seen last night, now I nor any of you don’t know what Jürgen or Pep said to him but whatever it was it lit a fire under that lad’s arse, and maybe just maybe Naby, the penny has finally dropped, for 48 minutes this lad just ran the show, he grabbed this game by the scruff and just took control, we were a completely different animal to that of the first half, so much so Leicester couldn’t handle us, hence the time wasting, going down with cramp after a hour, yeah f**k off, feigning injury, slow restarts at throw ins, etc but Naby lad just keep doing what you’re doing because that was f***in immense,

What a performance from everyone last night, there is definitely something special about playing at Anfield under the lights on a Wednesday night, it has happened too many times now to be coincidental, did Shanks or Sir Bob die on a Wednesday or something i dunno, but whatever it is someone has bottled it and keeps it for special occasions, if that kind of performance doesn’t fill you with pride for being a Red then you are not human.

Such a privilege to support this club, it truly is, we really are a very special family!!

Y  N  W  A

the subs were brilliant.

And special mention for the ox, cracking goal and played well.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #481: Dec 23, 2021 10:24:56 am
      JĂźrgen,s interview this morning was quite wonderful he said if he had known just how much the team means to the people and how much the people mean to the team he would have tried to get here sooner he was buzzing last night it was a delight to see him so happy
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #482: Dec 23, 2021 10:26:04 am
      First half was a bit scary with Koumetio getting dragged all over the place first half to the delight of Vardy. Shored that up bringing on Konate. And with Jota, Bobby and Milner we then began the onslaught. Big ups to Naby lad for constantly encouraging the younger lads around him when he came on, turning into a mouthy f**ker is Naby.

And made up we won the shootout, Schmeichels behaviour before each pen was embarrassing too. Well done Kelleher on the two saves.

Let's tw*t that cockney sh*te again and enjoy a trip to Wembley.

Quick Reply