Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      25 (33.8%)
      Conor Bradley
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Billy Koumetio
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Tyler Morton
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      14 (18.9%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      8 (10.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima KonatƩ
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      2 (2.7%)
      Naby KeĆÆta
      13 (17.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      12 (16.2%)
      Owen Beck
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: Dec 26, 2021 09:55:39 pm

Liverpool 3-3 Leicester City (5-4 on pens): In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18168 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Liverpool 3-3 Leicester City (5-4 on pens): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Dec 23, 2021 10:27:25 am
      Prophetic.

Who are you and what have you done with the real LondonRed83?

somebody stole his sofa so he had to watch all the match standing up. It must have felt like an out of body experience being positive during a game he does put himself through it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Liverpool 3-3 Leicester City (5-4 on pens): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #484: Dec 23, 2021 10:30:11 am
      Tragic that we use up our luck in auch a meaningless game.

WE'RE ON THE MARCH WITH JĆ¼rgen'S ARMY, WE'RE ALL GOING TO WEMBLEY!!

Can tell you're an armchair fan who doesn't support us if you can't get excited about a final.

F**k off and support Everton, you sound like a bitter bellend.
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 120 
      Reply #485: Dec 23, 2021 10:32:20 am
      First half was a bit scary with Koumetio getting dragged all over the place first half to the delight of Vardy. Shored that up bringing on Konate. And with Jota, Bobby and Milner we then began the onslaught. Big ups to Naby lad for constantly encouraging the younger lads around him when he came on, turning into a mouthy f**ker is Naby.

And made up we won the shootout, Schmeichels behaviour before each pen was embarrassing too. Well done Kelleher on the two saves.

Let's tw*t that cockney sh*te again and enjoy a trip to Wembley.

Schmeichel's behaviour has always been embarrassing. Loved Jota just standing there and the ref having to play ball boy.
      Can't stand Vardy either - him and Madison and all that celebrating against a bunch of kids and less experienced players- got what they deserved with their 'massive covid outbreaks' - Brendan needs to be careful cos his nose is getting bigger
      Gobsh***s the lot of them
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #486: Dec 23, 2021 10:56:24 am
      I'd forgot he existed until I saw him walking his kids to Hilbre school when I was taking mine. Done one of those proper double takes.

Ha ha! Oddly he's one of those players who I have involuntarily followed his career by accident. I saw him play for Carlisle against Peterborough back in 2008 (was offered tickets to a league game when I was down there so didn't say no, finished 3-3) but then he had a stint with Inverness Caley Thistle for a good bit which being from the north I naturally followed with intrigue (or as much intrigue as you can with a reserve Liverpool player who only played one or two professional games with us) .
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #487: Dec 23, 2021 10:57:50 am
      Couple of points.
      0-2 up and Leicester fans shouting ā€œwho are you, who are youā€ 😂😂😂 sure know how to embarrass themselves donā€™t they !
      Kelleher ! What a display,
      Mini. Hit and miss performance, but a massive hit when it mattered.
      Naby. Long time since Iā€™ve seen an individual have such a massive impact on a game. Breathtaking. Megging Maddison, made Maddison look like an academy player.
      Neco, thought we were in trouble when I saw him up top.
      Great performance.
      Everyone else, started a bit unsteady, settled down, regained composure and with the subs just took it away second half.
      Rogers looked in shock, and was lost for excuses.  Finished up blaming injuries.
      You had your best 11 playing ressies and kids you muppet !
      Heā€™s now stamped his identity on that side.
      15 points a season worse off that when he took over 😂
      So putting it all on the cups. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
      Letā€™s hope he goes to utd 😊
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #488: Dec 23, 2021 11:14:11 am
      JĆ¼rgen,s interview this morning was quite wonderful he said if he had known just how much the team means to the people and how much the people mean to the team he would have tried to get here sooner he was buzzing last night it was a delight to see him so happy

Gives us hope, he really loves the City, supporters & club... I hope he stays for another decade, I canā€™t see anyone else running the show the way Klopp does..

Mad f**ker..😂
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #489: Dec 23, 2021 11:16:11 am
      JĆ¼rgen,s interview this morning was quite wonderful he said if he had known just how much the team means to the people and how much the people mean to the team he would have tried to get here sooner he was buzzing last night it was a delight to see him so happy

Another  statement that reinforces for me he will stay beyond 2024, didnā€™t  he also say he loved them at the start but loves them even more now, something like that, I know itā€™s early yet but I seriously believe he will stay on, this is his project, his baby if you want and itā€™s far from over, i canā€™t see him after all the effort heā€™s put in that he would just walk away having unfinished business,

they say in life you only live once, thatā€™s wrong, you live every day, you only die once, however, you do only have one life and in that life you make the most of your abilities, i would imagine if JĆ¼rgen did walk he would feel deep down he hadnā€™t fulfilled his ambitions, canā€™t see him leaving something half arsed do you, Shanks did it didnā€™t he, he walked and regretted it later, so much so the club had to tell him to stay away, he would turn up at Melwood at training, but the players got confused between who to call boss, Shanks or Bob, anyhoo, the more I think about it the more I convince myself that JĆ¼rgen will stay on, Iā€™d put my house on it, ā€¦..if I had one 😀

Y  N  W  A
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #490: Dec 23, 2021 11:27:55 am
      Brilliant comeback to beat Leicester after trailing 1  3, managed to see the penalty shootout in a local pub here in Rhyl, well done the young Reds. Terrific night for fans in the ground.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #491: Dec 23, 2021 11:28:43 am

Isnt that amazing after all hes done, he says this after a league cup quarter final, says it all. I was buzzing but throughout the game I was fired up for it like a champions league semi.

As I said last night, that crowd should get free tickets for a game, together, because they were awesome
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #492: Dec 23, 2021 11:52:49 am
      I went to the League Cup final against Bolton Macca was on fire and I can tell you when the whistle went I celebrated like we had just won another Trophy a win is a win and every piece of silverware is special and you celebrate it like its the world Cup. It also continues the collection of titles for this group of players. Keep going its going to be a memorable season
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #493: Dec 23, 2021 11:59:00 am
      I went to the League Cup final against Bolton Macca was on fire and I can tell you when the whistle went I celebrated like we had just won another Trophy a win is a win and every piece of silverware is special and you celebrate it like its the world Cup. It also continues the collection of titles for this group of players. Keep going its going to be a memorable season

Remember it well, cracking football that team played. Would love to see Macca God and Redknapp in this squad

It was viewed different then though wasnt it. Not seen as a hinderance. Tell ye what I enjoyed it when Kenny won it and Ill enjoy it if JĆ¼rgen brings it home
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #494: Dec 23, 2021 12:12:33 pm
      Couple of points.
      0-2 up and Leicester fans shouting ā€œwho are you, who are youā€ 😂😂😂 sure know how to embarrass themselves donā€™t they !

Their constant "Feed the Scousers" song was F***ing annoying, I like the way some of the Kop singers have decided to re-direct the "F**k The Tories" chant at the anti-scouse sh*te.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #495: Dec 23, 2021 12:16:18 pm
      As I said last night, that crowd should get free tickets for a game, together, because they were awesome

Actually missed last nights game, decided to let my brother take my 10 year old nephew, he was buzzing when spoke to him on the phone when they were walking back to the car, got to see his first penalty shoot out. Was made up for him, his second comeback game this season after the Milan CL game!!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #496: Dec 23, 2021 12:18:58 pm

Was a good day that Bolton final, still makes me laugh about the old moniker for Wembley "Venue of Legends" even though it was a shithole with toilets overflowing!! Always preferred Cardiff after the first trip there for the Birmingham League Cup final.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #497: Dec 23, 2021 12:21:12 pm
      Actually missed last nights game, decided to let my brother take my 10 year old nephew, he was buzzing when spoke to him on the phone when they were walking back to the car, got to see his first penalty shoot out. Was made up for him, his second comeback game this season after the Milan CL game!!

Keep sending him
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #498: Dec 23, 2021 12:22:16 pm

Unbeaten every game he's been so far and he's been to a few this season haha!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #499: Dec 23, 2021 05:30:33 pm
      Schmeichel's behaviour has always been embarrassing. Loved Jota just standing there and the ref having to play ball boy.
      Can't stand Vardy either - him and Madison and all that celebrating against a bunch of kids and less experienced players- got what they deserved with their 'massive covid outbreaks' - Brendan needs to be careful cos his nose is getting bigger
      Gobsh***s the lot of them

Maddison got his ass handed to him by Naby megged him and got him booked
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #500: Dec 23, 2021 06:58:01 pm
      Just a couple thoughts:

Best player over 90: Ox. He was my mom on balance. Looked exactly like the midfielder we could have used at spurs. Poised, energetic, intelligent.

Sub who made the biggest difference overall: Konate. Without this man's stand-up attitude, physicality, speed and reading of the game, we would have conceded another couple of goals.

Clutch master: Jota. Played the pinch-hitter role like the pro he is. Absolutely loved him giving it to the Leicester fans when he converted the winning pen.

Obviously Kelleher did brilliantly saving those two pens, you've got to be so so proud of this team. I just got a second look at the boys mobbing one another after Jota's goal, the absolutely beaming faces. Moments like this are huge for building team spirit! Well in reds!

YNWA
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #501: Dec 23, 2021 07:52:10 pm
      Just a couple thoughts:

Best player over 90: Ox. He was my mom on balance. Looked exactly like the midfielder we could have used at spurs. Poised, energetic, intelligent.

Sub who made the biggest difference overall: Konate. Without this man's stand-up attitude, physicality, speed and reading of the game, we would have conceded another couple of goals.

Clutch master: Jota. Played the pinch-hitter role like the pro he is. Absolutely loved him giving it to the Leicester fans when he converted the winning pen.

Obviously Kelleher did brilliantly saving those two pens, you've got to be so so proud of this team. I just got a second look at the boys mobbing one another after Jota's goal, the absolutely beaming faces. Moments like this are huge for building team spirit! Well in reds!

YNWA

Think you missed Kieta ;),  I thought he was immense when he came on.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #502: Dec 23, 2021 11:47:42 pm

I think both are true.

One thing about Koumetio, he hasn't been training with the first team since pretty far back into LAST season. He had made a splash in 2020 preseason but then went off the boil and even for U23s had a tendency to get caught in possession. His selection was pure and simple a case of shortage of bodies.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #503: Dec 24, 2021 04:08:26 am

Fair enough, there were a lot of positives to take from last night.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #504: Dec 24, 2021 09:01:20 am
      Fair enough, there were a lot of positives to take from last night.

So many, I canā€™t stop returning here to gloat a bit more.
      Brother in law is a Leicester season ticket holder, hasnā€™t made his usual after match call for a discussion yet.
      Wonder why 😂😂😂😂
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #505: Dec 24, 2021 09:03:17 am
      So many, I canā€™t stop returning here to gloat a bit more.
      Brother in law is a Leicester season ticket holder, hasnā€™t made his usual after match call for a discussion yet.
      Wonder why 😂😂😂😂
      🤣🤣🤣

Quick Reply