Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Liverpool V Leeds (POSTPONED)

Read 5995 times
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Re: Liverpool V Leeds (POSTPONED)
      Reply #46: Dec 24, 2021 08:20:35 pm
      Much needed and good for us imo

I am a firm believer that 11 vs 11 we are the best in the league but we can struggle once we have a few injuries because we don’t have a blank cheque book like city or Chelsea. So naturally they would be able to cope better with injuries and covid imo especially city

Covid for me has already cost us a victory vs spurs, we would have battered them had we had a proper midfield that game, imagine not having our 3 best cm in the team and still draw against a decent side

We need time to get our boys back and then we can hopefully put in plans to mitigate the covid risk. No reason for us to drop points when we otherwise would not with a decent healthy squad

I’m sure this game can be squeezed in later in the year in a mid week and we shouldn’t have too much trouble imo

On the bright side Leicester have city and then us so we should have much more legs than them to hopefully get a comfortable win where otherwise it can be a banana skin away to Leicester
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #47: Dec 24, 2021 08:39:59 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      Doesn't matter, Jürgen has been banging on about this for about a week now, so one of the fixtures would have had to be rescheduled anyway.

He had no say in the timing, never does. But complaints about the fixture schedule at this time of year are as traditional as turkey dinners. In this league you play football during Christmas, that's just the way it is, and you can use as many arguments as you want, but you're not going to change it. The fixture list comes out in June, it does matter when you play teams, you have 6 months notice of who you're going to play at this time of year, and it's very likely you will be asked to play 2 games in 3 days, as we were this year. So if you want to take part, then you have to adapt to the situation, because it won't be adapted to suit you.

Quote from Brian78
      a league cup final appearance would throw another fixture out

It's off already, whether we get there or not.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #48: Dec 25, 2021 12:04:51 pm
      He had no say in the timing, never does. But complaints about the fixture schedule at this time of year are as traditional as turkey dinners. In this league you play football during Christmas, that's just the way it is, and you can use as many arguments as you want, but you're not going to change it. The fixture list comes out in June, it does matter when you play teams, you have 6 months notice of who you're going to play at this time of year, and it's very likely you will be asked to play 2 games in 3 days, as we were this year. So if you want to take part, then you have to adapt to the situation, because it won't be adapted to suit you.

It's off already, whether we get there or not.

We know he had no say, but got what he wanted!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #49: Dec 25, 2021 01:19:07 pm
      Does it really matter when we play Leeds, id like to think we would beat them even if they were at their best !
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #50: Dec 26, 2021 12:51:34 pm
      After rechecking I think this delay gives us a massive advantage. First we play Leiceister after they played City only two days earlier. They should be pretty flat from it or they have to rotate to a weaker 11 - win win for us. The same with Chelsea which plays today, 29.12. and then against us on 1.1. This equals out our bad luck with the Spurs for me.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #51: Dec 26, 2021 01:03:24 pm
      After rechecking I think this delay gives us a massive advantage. First we play Leiceister after they played City only two days earlier. They should be pretty flat from it or they have to rotate to a weaker 11 - win win for us. The same with Chelsea which plays today, 29.12. and then against us on 1.1. This equals out our bad luck with the Spurs for me.
      You just know they’ll play a weaker side against City because they’ll thinks it’s a loss anyway the wet flannels and play their best against us for revenge.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #52: Dec 26, 2021 01:21:14 pm
      You just know they’ll play a weaker side against City because they’ll thinks it’s a loss anyway the wet flannels and play their best against us for revenge.

You know that still annoys me the year we finished second with 97points.
      Pretty much every team city faced fielded a weaker team.
      And we had to play strong teams.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #53: Dec 26, 2021 01:24:17 pm
      You know that still annoys me the year we finished second with 97points.
      Pretty much every team city faced fielded a weaker team.
      And we had to play strong teams.
      Exactly!
      It’s why I never care much about fixtures ‘falling into place’ any more.

Teams bend over for City, they get more thrill from attempting to beat us.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #54: Dec 26, 2021 02:10:20 pm

Vardy, Ndidi etc on the bench…
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #55: Dec 26, 2021 02:42:21 pm
      Guarantee they will be stronger against us than City

As I said
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #56: Dec 26, 2021 03:56:51 pm
      …and City up 4-0 already. Just looks very grey at this point in terms of our PL ambition.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #57: Dec 26, 2021 04:01:10 pm
      …and City up 4-0 already. Just looks very grey at this point in terms of our PL ambition.

Have a drink for Christmas and lighten up champ.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #58: Dec 26, 2021 09:00:14 pm
      Game in Hand
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #59: Dec 28, 2021 11:51:41 am
      Anyone know if there are set dates to play these games?

Quick Reply