Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

My all time favourite goal

Read 11960 times
      Whaddapie
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Re: My all time favourite goal
      Reply #69: Feb 08, 2022 10:24:23 pm
      I love all the screamers that have already been listed here, but I have a very soft spot for the brilliant AND simple combined...

My favourite goal ever is probably our 2nd in the 5-0 Vs Forest, by Aldo, because of that pass by Beardo to put him through.  Effortless, majestic, ruthless.  It was poetry in motion.

I also love this one, for the same reason...  A nondescript match that meant nothing in the annals of our history, but that pass by Stevie G.  That one pass is a masterpiece by a f**king artist.  And a simple but glorious finish to end the move.  Two masters at the top of their game, making the incredibly difficult look incredibly easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7s3LXmY3YE
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #70: Feb 08, 2022 10:31:44 pm
      I remember Robbie hitting one on the half volley, on the run v Leeds. About 20 yds out. Brilliant strike, not sure the keeper saw it. In the post match pressie, they told Robbie his strike had been travelling at 92 mph.
      His response was, Really ! I don’t even drive my car that fast. 😂😂
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #71: Feb 08, 2022 11:03:07 pm
      Maybe not my favourite goal in hindsight but at the time it was one of those where you go delirious as it hits the net was Neil Mellor against Arsenal with his 90th minute winner. Absolute cracker of a goal back in I think 2004. Loved Mellor, was one of those that always gave his all and came up with some big moments for us before he moved on.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #72: Mar 25, 2022 10:09:29 am
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #73: Mar 25, 2022 11:02:55 am
      Razor against the SCUM in the 3-3. What a come back.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #74: Mar 25, 2022 01:36:55 pm
      Maybe not my favourite goal in hindsight but at the time it was one of those where you go delirious as it hits the net was Neil Mellor against Arsenal with his 90th minute winner. Absolute cracker of a goal back in I think 2004. Loved Mellor, was one of those that always gave his all and came up with some big moments for us before he moved on.

Always seemed like a good lad, Mellor. Glad he's managed to land a job in punditry and make a career for himself too.

As you mentioned, did score a few important goals for us. Come off the bench with 10 minutes left and scored the second against Olympaiacos too, which set Gerrard up for his grandstand finish
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #75: Mar 25, 2022 01:47:15 pm
      Razor against the SCUM in the 3-3. What a come back.
      Thanks for the memory jolt
      one of the last games I took my Dad to before he died and we were right in line in the main stand as he powered that header in with incredible determination. Fantastic atmosphere that day too.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #76: Mar 25, 2022 02:39:00 pm
      Thanks for the memory jolt
      one of the last games I took my Dad to before he died and we were right in line in the main stand as he powered that header in with incredible determination. Fantastic atmosphere that day too.

My dad has a photo of me as a baby sat on Razor's knee, which was taken the day before that game. He was in the Royal Standard pub round the corner from Melwood on the ale 😂 Makes his goal even more impressive!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #77: Mar 25, 2022 07:06:32 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvF86NG0sHI&ab_channel=Randomvideos

I've stated in this thread that my favourite goal is Owen's second in the 2001 Cup final but purely for nostalgic reasons, Robbie's first goal back in a Liverpool shirt is a firm favourite of mine as well. His re-signing will always be one of my favourite days as a Liverpool fan and then this goal.

When Robbie left, I thought I'd never see my all-time favourite player score for Liverpool again. Then he returned. Then he scored. And then 15 year old me got to go to school and talk with the same adulation that 5 year old me did when we were playing on the astro that Robbie himself played on on Windsor St.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #78: Mar 25, 2022 07:11:26 pm
      My dad has a photo of me as a baby sat on Razor's knee, which was taken the day before that game. He was in the Royal Standard pub round the corner from Melwood on the ale 😂 Makes his goal even more impressive!

so when he looked a bit dazed and held his head after scoring  it wasnt that he collided with anyone it was a hangover
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #79: Mar 31, 2022 08:40:19 pm
      Quote from billythered
      …..Luis Suarez…F**k sake Walton…which one do I go for here ?…ok err..against Newcastle ball over the top Luis controls it with his chest, let’s it drop and with the slightest of touches beats the keeper and that hairy arsed defender breathing down his neck, all in the blinking of a eye, or could it be one of the three hat-trick goals V Norwich, from lobbing the keeper from 50yards out, or volleying past the same keeper with the ball slightly behind him, or that header from the edge of the 18 yard box can’t remember against who…Luis Suarez..the Crazy Genius…

If I were to single out a goal that typifies what we old fuckers used to call the Liverpool groove, I’d probably say Terry Mac’s goal V Spud’s, can’t quite remember the year but I’d guess at maybe ‘74’ -‘76’,
      Clem rolls the ball out to Phil Thompson, he clips a ball left to Stevie Heighway, he takes one or two touches then delivers this absolute pin point accurate cross to Terry Mac, who had ran the length of the pitch to meet the ball and bullet header past the keeper into the far corner, I dunno but I reckon it could have been that goal that was the catalyst to me becoming a Red, I watched it on the telly box with my ol fella, and I remember him saying what a goal it was, the ‘Perfect goal’ he called it, and next day we went fishing and he spoke about it with my uncle, just the way they spoke about it at the time, now my old fella liked football but wasn’t a fan of anyone in particular so for him to wax lyrical about it told me it was indeed special, and so from that moment on I looked out for Liverpool and the rest is history…..

….Terry Mac scored some absolute crackers….and that particular one for me in my opinion would be my old time favourite……
                        Y  N  W  A

It was September 1978, and it wouldn't be the first or the last time we beat a newly promoted side 7-0 at home. I think his winner against them in the Cup quarter final the following season was just individual brilliance. The Suarez header above was against West Brom at home in October 2013. He scored another hat trick that day.

Apart from the late winners in the biggest games which are favourites for obvious reasons, the best goals are usually the ones that you never see coming.

Jürgen admitted that he didn't see the Origi goal live, as he was preparing to make a sub.
      It's not something to gripe about though, the only way it could be scored is because of how it happened. I saw it all live and there was no reason for it to be ruled out. I still find the "defending" hilarious to watch, it was  a European Cup semi final. I put it down to the atmosphere.

Mane scored an incredible goal against Watford a few weeks before, with a back heel that had to get above the keeper on the ground to go in. Another favourite was by Firmino shortly before that against Arsenal when he left 5 of them lying around on the floor unable to keep up with him.

For years, the only people who saw the Molby goal against the mancs in the League Cup in 85 were those who turned up. He scored some great goals in his time, but mazy dribbles were rare even for him. McMahon scored a cracker in the derby at home the next season, and a similiar one against the mancs the year after that. Sadly it's not remembered so much as we didn't win the game. The winning goal against Alaves in the Uefa Cup was special, as it was the first European trophy I saw us win, and because when it was scored the game ended there and then.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #80: Mar 31, 2022 09:10:29 pm
      Gary Mac last minute derby winner just doesnt get better than that does it. this is an impossible task.
      7DocUnleashed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 10 
      Reply #81: Apr 01, 2022 11:03:40 pm
      I've always loved watching John Barnes slaloming through the QPR defence . . . . ;D

However for sheer euphoria, I've never had a greater feeling than when I watched Smicer's blast go in against AC Milan.  >:D
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #82: Apr 01, 2022 11:12:12 pm
      However for sheer euphoria, I've never had a greater feeling than when I watched Smicer's blast go in against AC Milan.  >:D

At that point, you just knew a third goal was only a matter of time.   :scarf:
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #83: Apr 02, 2022 10:16:37 am
      ha ha sorry Billy what about Tommy Smiths goal  in the European Cup final or Alan Kennedy. Probably best not to think too much.
      Terry McDermot's goal from the Heighway cross was heavy metal football before anyone had thought of it
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u_F1C9enOY&ab_channel=LuckyNumber13Videos

Poetry in motion
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #84: Apr 04, 2022 12:24:34 pm
      Collymore closing in...

Lovely cushioned header...

The younger me got a lot of joy out of those two goals.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #85: Apr 04, 2022 12:39:17 pm
      No one said if had to be a Liverpool goal... if you know, you know.

https://youtu.be/aXpF2v0Kgvk
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #86: Apr 04, 2022 12:50:46 pm
      No one said if had to be a Liverpool goal... if you know, you know.

https://youtu.be/aXpF2v0Kgvk

was it the back healer that send Utd down that will give Keith heart palps.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #87: Apr 04, 2022 01:10:26 pm
      was it the back healer that send Utd down that will give Keith heart palps.

That's the one.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #88: Apr 04, 2022 01:12:31 pm

seems like yesterday him refusing to celebrate.  Happy days when UTD bought anyone with a pair of football boots but still went down.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #89: Apr 04, 2022 01:14:16 pm
      I've always loved watching John Barnes slaloming through the QPR defence . . . . ;D

he knew it would be his last game for Liverpool and I remember him kissing the badge somehow that is almost 17 years ago ffs  :f_wah:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #90: Apr 04, 2022 01:19:32 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #91: Apr 04, 2022 05:59:55 pm

Absolutely loved Mcmahon for that never say die attitude. Beardsley's goal in the same game was a cracker too.

Quick Reply