Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

My all time favourite goal

Read 11944 times
      Mikehorti
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Re: my all time favourite goal
      Reply #46: Dec 28, 2021 11:55:07 am
      In recent times it's this one at 58 seconds in the video. It doesn't get mentioned much, but I love the elegance, speed and geometry of it. From the right back position and two passes later it's a goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK5R8h7zIn0

Great shout. One of the best team goals ever!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: My all time favourite goal
      Reply #47: Dec 28, 2021 12:00:33 pm
      Terry Mc v spurs in the 7 0 arguably our finest team goal, though the one v Wolves under Kenny when we had 30 odd passes could take that title

And his goal in 1980 v spurs was sublime. A massive talent very under rated
      Mikehorti
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #48: Dec 28, 2021 12:06:19 pm
      The list is endless but I simply can’t go past Suarez against Norwich and his 3rd goal in particular. Without doubt one of the most incredible goals ever scored. He had the ball on a string like no other. And I love the commentary in this clip as well.

Has any one player dominated a team like Suarez did Norwich?

Suarez was unplayable in 2013-14.

https://youtu.be/_ynVZ5dOBh0
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #49: Dec 28, 2021 12:47:39 pm
      Tell you an incredible goal which is near enough forgotten about now because of the result - Firmino away at City in 18/19. Think there must have been about 20 passes in the build up to that. Polished off by an incredible diagonal from Trent to Andy Robbo and then a lovely cushion from Robbo across the goalmouth for Firmino to tap it in on the volley
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #50: Dec 28, 2021 06:45:42 pm
      For once, Robbie Fowler doesn't win my vote on something because my favourite goal is easily Owen's second in the Cup final of 01.

I was ten at the time and had never seen us win the FA Cup (I'm discounting 92 because not even I remember watching us when less than 18 months old) and at the time winning the FA Cup was a huge thing for me. Still is! Probably my all-time favourite Liverpool squad as well, managed by a man I F***ing idolised.

We were F***ing twatted for almost the entirety of the game and had no real right to win it. If it hadn't been for our sub goalie, Steph Henchoz, playing an absolute blinder then Arsenal would of been well out of sight. But in the dying few minutes, that pass from Paddy Berger, Owen just shrugging off Lee Dixon like he weren't there, putting Tony Adams (possibly the best centre half not to of played for us) on his arse and finishing it past England's number one at the time, David Seaman. The scenes were F***ing special la.

And although the treble weren't complete yet, we wouldn't win the UEFA for another couple of days, the FA Cup win just seemed so much more glorious for me. First final at Cardiff as well. Owen at his unplayable best. Nah, that goal is my favourite for so many reasons.

The older you get, you appreciate things more. You understand there's "bigger" trophies to win. Goals that probably have more importance in the history of our club or have more skill involved than one pass, one run, one goal. But as a ten year old kid, nothing comes close to pure emotion and elation.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #51: Dec 29, 2021 11:06:33 am
      all these goals seem so fresh in the memory despite the passing of time. Winning a Cup at Wembley or Cardiff as it was is the best day supporting this club you can have you dont really care what name is on the trophy its just the end of a perfect day.
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 648 posts | 83 
      Reply #52: Jan 03, 2022 10:32:01 pm
      Ian Rush, Liverpool 1-0 Leicester City 1985 for the simple reason I was stood in the Kop behind the goal that day and a keeper called Ian Andrews had most probably the best goalkeeping performance in the history of football. Anyway a shot by Ian Rush low into the Annie Road end goal finally beat Ian Andrew's diving right arm with about 4 minutes left. That 3 points actually went towards our one and only league and  FA Cup double.

Anyone else remember it?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #53: Jan 04, 2022 12:00:20 am
      Hey the Gerrard one in the cup final against West Ham is definitely up there,  the last minute equaliser, the strike,  finding that extra bit after getting cramp,  the shrug of  the shoulders of the opposition manager it is definitely one my favourites!!!
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #54: Jan 05, 2022 09:39:55 pm
      While Terry's goal in the 7-0 rout of Spurs at Anfield remains my favourite this Terry Mac effort is on the list as well. Mind you it was pretty "interesting" heading up the road to 17 sisters after the game. The shelf was a sea of skinheads and they were waiting for us afterwards. Tried to break us into groups and pick us off. I was in the middle of the road and they ran right past me. Took this as an omen and jumped on a bus going in the opposite direction.  :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRMJT187wxs
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2022 09:46:02 pm by ToshackKeeganOneNil »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #55: Jan 05, 2022 10:00:08 pm
      I have suggested Stevie and Alonso would make this current side unbeatable but stick Terry McDermott in there and wow what a team that would be.
      He never really gets mentioned in the legend category but he very much was for me . He had legendary fitness which would have been easy for him to perform in a press and he scored goals so stick a £100mil price tag on him in todays market
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #56: Jan 05, 2022 10:02:14 pm
      Hey the Gerrard one in the cup final against West Ham is definitely up there,  the last minute equaliser, the strike,  finding that extra bit after getting cramp,  the shrug of  the shoulders of the opposition manager it is definitely one my favourites!!!

we would need a separate thread just for Stevie's goals will we ever really appreciate just how good this lad was.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #57: Jan 05, 2022 10:18:07 pm
      I have suggested Stevie and Alonso would make this current side unbeatable but stick Terry McDermott in there and wow what a team that would be.
      He never really gets mentioned in the legend category but he very much was for me . He had legendary fitness which would have been easy for him to perform in a press and he scored goals so stick a £100mil price tag on him in todays market

Had a quick chat with Terry Mac last week at Leicester game very funny and although looks like he is struggling a bit didn't stop.him having some crack
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #58: Jan 06, 2022 07:41:22 pm

All that pissing on nurses.  ;D :couch:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #59: Jan 06, 2022 07:47:08 pm

was that the Blackpool incident the lads new how to Party then. :holyshit:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #60: Feb 05, 2022 08:00:20 am
      It has to be the Saint against Leeds 1965 at Wembley when he scored to bring the F.A.CUP home to Anfield for the first time.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #61: Feb 05, 2022 10:19:10 am
      It has to be the Saint against Leeds 1965 at Wembley when he scored to bring the F.A.CUP home to Anfield for the first time.

my dad used to tell me how when he was growing up the Evertonians would say " talk to me when you have won the FA Cup" I guess its hard for people under the age of 40 or so to appreciate it was the biggest Cup final in the world . Putting the television on for the 71 or 74 final at 9am when there was no day time television was a rare treat. Following the team from the Hotel etc it was the best day of the year for a young football fan even if it wsnt Liverpool it was still a full day in front of the Box.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #62: Feb 05, 2022 04:48:32 pm
      Xabi's long range v Newcastle. Unforgettable.
      Ranked number one in this video.

https://youtu.be/WQdOhNCBMo0
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #63: Feb 06, 2022 07:43:25 am
      Xabi's long range v Newcastle. Unforgettable.
      Ranked number one in this video.

https://youtu.be/WQdOhNCBMo0

Don't forget the one he scored at Luton as well that was long range.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #64: Feb 08, 2022 04:26:49 pm
      Bit late to the party but this goal always stands out for me.  Don't think I've ever seen a ball hit so hard; would still be travelling now if the net hadn't stopped it!

I was suffering with bad toothache lying on the settee feeling sorry for myself when John Arne Riise put a smile on my (very sore!) face with this screamer on the way to a 3-1 win over the mancs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhdSdGfbBow
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #65: Feb 08, 2022 06:42:29 pm
      Bit late to the party but this goal always stands out for me.  Don't think I've ever seen a ball hit so hard; would still be travelling now if the net hadn't stopped it!

I was suffering with bad toothache lying on the settee feeling sorry for myself when John Arne Riise put a smile on my (very sore!) face with this screamer on the way to a 3-1 win over the mancs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhdSdGfbBow

Nice one indeed.

He did score some crackers for us. I'll always remember a pre-season goal with a "release the kraken" commentary. Thought it was really appropriate.

(This could actually be a decent topic idea: famous commentary moments. Off the top of my head, 2 stand out: "corner taken quickly" and "what a hit son", which one particular member knows pretty well...  :lmao:).
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #66: Feb 08, 2022 06:45:50 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #67: Feb 08, 2022 07:00:23 pm
      bigbob75