Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

My all time favourite goal

Read 11948 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: My all time favourite goal
      Reply #92: Apr 05, 2022 12:03:47 am
      I remember Robbie getting a cracker against Villa, think it was at Anfield. A deep cross from the left and as the defender went to head it out, Robbie feigned to jump with him, but quickly backed away 10 yards and the header dropped to him. He lashed it in the left corner like a rocket, on the volley.
      Haven't seen a clip of it but it sits in my memory along with the other thousands of reds goals.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #93: Apr 05, 2022 01:34:28 pm
      I remember Robbie getting a cracker against Villa, think it was at Anfield. A deep cross from the left and as the defender went to head it out, Robbie feigned to jump with him, but quickly backed away 10 yards and the header dropped to him. He lashed it in the left corner like a rocket, on the volley.
      Haven't seen a clip of it but it sits in my memory along with the other thousands of reds goals.

My fave would be the one where he back heels, nutmegs and spins round Stan Staunton before arrowing an unbeatable drive past Bosnich.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #94: Apr 05, 2022 01:41:41 pm
      My fave would be the one where he back heels, nutmegs and spins round Stan Staunton before arrowing an unbeatable drive past Bosnich.

My fave GOD goal is that.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #95: Apr 05, 2022 01:42:45 pm
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #96: Apr 05, 2022 07:00:14 pm

Actually from the same game, Big Sami’s volley against them and for some reason I loved his celebration, the look on his face was great. Brilliant game that where you started to feel something might be happening that season.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #97: Apr 06, 2022 06:35:29 pm

It's up there,every time I see it it just makes me feel so happy ,like Stevie's goal against West Ham wumph another cracker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IISJfDnOnJE
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #98: Apr 06, 2022 07:51:48 pm
      Actually from the same game, Big Sami’s volley against them and for some reason I loved his celebration, the look on his face was great. Brilliant game that where you started to feel something might be happening that season.

Phenomenal wasn't it? Remember watching it with my brother, lovely spring evening early in the Easter holidays. Many assumed that the journey would end there against a far superior Juve and Big Sami just completely ripped that script to pieces so early on. Amazing memories
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #99: Apr 06, 2022 08:52:44 pm
      The one Naby volleys in to win it on Sunday

Have I said too much???
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #100: Apr 16, 2022 06:25:06 pm
      Hundreds to choose from but seeing as we have made it to the FA Cup final I'll turn the clock back to 1965 and The Saint gets the winner for us and our very first FA cup final win..apologies if it's already been picked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u59t5QpcoMk&ab_channel=BritishPath%C3%A9

Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #101: Apr 23, 2022 01:54:31 am
      Too many to choose but I really like this one so much

Mane at Bayern Munich, so boss. At their ground too, wow

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #102: May 24, 2022 02:31:36 pm
      Battered this for a few good years on VHS.

One of the most important goals in our history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPnA4hOt6JU
      I was on the Kop that night...I can even remember all kinds of Saint Etienne supporters on the 12 bus on the way to the ground Alez blah blah
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #103: May 24, 2022 06:48:48 pm
      I was on the Kop that night...I can even remember all kinds of Saint Etienne supporters on the 12 bus on the way to the ground Alez blah blah

Heard the same stories from my arl fella, he was amongst them on the Anny Rd
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #104: Jun 25, 2022 03:09:14 pm
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #105: Jun 25, 2022 05:03:42 pm
      For sheer importance I think Origi’s goal against Barca is going to always be one I think of when I think about the best goals I’ve personally watched (as they happened).

The sheer awareness from Trent and the commentary made it such a unique thing to watch.

https://youtube.com/shorts/YDjGNsk9b00?feature=share

It was more than awareness though -- the F***ing stones on TAA to try something so cheeky in such an important moment, on the biggest stage, and at his age (I think he was 19 at the time) -- dude has ice in his veins!! 

And the finish by Div was insane!!  That was not an easy finish, and he stroked it into the top bin!!  It literally gives me goosebumps every time I watch it!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #106: Jun 25, 2022 05:12:29 pm
      Ali's goal has its own merits. David Faircloughs goal against Everton is just off the scale blue bodies lying all over the ground. I really couldnt pick a favourite St Johns Cup final goals is History in the making our First FA Cup win Alan Kennedy or Tommy Smiths goals I dont think I could pick a hundred let alone 10. Hopefully more to come next season and why isn't Mo's goals included ?
      harle92
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #107: Aug 05, 2022 08:24:15 am
      this time of year is often one of reflection. Its clear that so many of us have LFC deeply embedded in all of our lives.
      I have seen some incredible moments both at Anfield and on TV Derby games in the 60's and 70's were more important than any league title of CL trophy  without a win over Everton everything else was meaningless. Emlyn Hughes was my first hero his 2 goals at Goodison in 1973 were just out of this world and significant as it was really where we started to pull ahead of them and never looked back.
      But my favourite goal of all time is Ali's against W.Brom as after a terrible run at Anfield his goal just encapsulated what this club is all about. It still sends a shiver down the spine now when I see it.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDa5A20jDGs&ab_channel=LiverpoolFC
      No doubts this is the BEST one!!
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #108: Aug 13, 2022 03:41:42 pm
      Heard the same stories from my arl fella, he was amongst them on the Anny Rd

As I was with my future wife..the only game she ever went to. She still goes on about the atmosphere.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #109: Aug 13, 2022 04:07:59 pm
      Nice thread.

Mine has to be Torres at Inter away.

We had been on the outskirts of any seriousness prior to that. Yes we'd won in 2005 but that team was nothing like the team Rafa had built by the time the Inter game came up.

Inter were regarded as one of the big boys of Europe even though they'd done jack s*it to get that compliment. We went there complete underdogs.

Under the famous San Siro lights. Torres in his absolute prime. Balls come over from Aurellio if I'm not mistaken. Zanetti has tried to track Nandos run. He's took his first touch then spun and hit an absolute rocket.

The pride that win gave me done wonders. I was so used to being on the fringes of success.  I've had to watch other big teams go away to your Milans, Madrids etc and slug it out. It was our turn. We went there and bossed them.

Great goal.

Honourable mention goes to Shaqiri for his second against them lot. Since then the pendulam has well and truly swung.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #110: Aug 15, 2022 11:03:22 pm
      Mine has to be Torres Vs Arsenal in the champions League.

Torres will always be my favourite Liverpool player and that goal was just unreal to me, back to goal, quick turn boom top corner in a thrilling CL game.

Could also have picked his first goal against Chelsea or his ridiculous screamer against Blackburn but guess being from London it was extra special when El Nino helped shut the arse up.

Quick Reply