Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-match: Leicester City v Liverpool, EPL [Tuesday December 28th, 20:00]

Read 5383 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-match: Leicester City v Liverpool, EPL [Tuesday December 28th, 20:00]
      Dec 27, 2021 03:33:52 pm
      Liverpool play the Foxes for the 2nd consecutive match, this time in the Premier League following a triumph over Brendan Rodgers' team on spot kicks in the League Cup last week.

The big news for us is the return of Virgil Van Dijk, Fabinho and Thiago from CoVid and Curtis Jones from injury. Divock Origi remains sidelined with a knee injury. Andy Robertson will be suspended for this game and Chelsea on Jan. 2.

I don't know just how ill the CoVid returnees were, and that of course will be a factor in how soon these players can return to contending for 90 minutes in a match. When Jordan Henderson returned from his cold or whatever it was, he was noticeable struggling in the 2nd half vs. Leicester and had to be subbed off. Pep Ljinders made a point of saying last week that these players can't miss training for 10 days and then immediately come back and play a full match, so the substitution pattern may be different (and it might be that Virgil, Fab and Thiago are more likely to start the game on the bench), time will tell.

That postponement vs. Leeds may end up being one of the biggest helps we could hope for during this part of the season (although the decision to be able to keep Mo, Sadio and Naby in the squad for the Chelsea match will also be important).

Interested to see the team picked for this one. More intersted to see us gain three more points in a title-winning campaign.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Pre-match: Leicester City v Liverpool, EPL [Tuesday December 28th, 20:00]
      Reply #1: Dec 27, 2021 04:36:36 pm
      Leicester are under pressure which could go two ways, they capitulate or put on a performance.

Either way we have to be ready! Can see Salah getting back on the scoring trail for this one.

Plus we owe them a beating after last year in the league.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2: Dec 27, 2021 04:38:21 pm
      Remember when we came back from conquering the world to put in a performance worthy of being world champions and slaughtered them
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #3: Dec 27, 2021 04:47:53 pm
      I think we'll batter these. They're leaking goals for fun and have been far off their best this season. I reckon it could be another 4+ job from ourselves, especially with our decent rest period and them getting the runaround on Boxing Day
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #4: Dec 27, 2021 04:53:04 pm
      Just beat the fake wannabe club please.

Oh, and keep Thiago away from Tielemans, he's bang out of form and looks like a stroppy child the last few matches I've watched, just hacking at players and bringing them down, thought he would have been a decent Gini replacement but F**k the no chin c**t.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #5: Dec 27, 2021 05:03:08 pm
      Well beat them. Theyll be under a bit of pressure to get something so I expect them to leave us space to do damage

Team wise I think id leave Konate in with Virg, Naby in mid with Fab andcHendo and the big call id make would be Bobby for Mane up front

Big big game, dont think we can afford to lose ground on city. Lets hope its a repeat of 2019
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #6: Dec 27, 2021 06:30:14 pm
      Need the 3 points, simple as. Chelsea up after these, so can't drop any here.
      And reckon we'll get them, we beat them with a weakened team in the EFL, and we'll be stronger tomorrow in the middle, or at least we should be. And with them at home would expect them to come at us a little more, leaving a bit more space for us to break into. Plus we NEED the three points more than they do, so more motivation, we're still in a fecking title race after all.

Ally
      TAA Matip VVD Kostas
        Hendo Fab Keita
        Salah Jota Mane

Full strength, get it done.
      COYRs !!!!
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #7: Dec 27, 2021 06:42:58 pm
      I predicted 0-5, just changed it to 7.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #8: Dec 27, 2021 06:44:15 pm
      And reckon we'll get them, we beat them with a weakened team in the EFL, and we'll be stronger tomorrow in the middle, or at least we should be. And with them at home would expect them to come at us a little more, leaving a bit more space for us to break into. Plus we NEED the three points more than they do, so more motivation, we're still in a fecking title race after all.

Ally
      TAA Matip VVD Kostas
        Hendo Fab Keita
        Salah Jota Mane

COYRs !!!!

Why not Thiago and Bobby?
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #9: Dec 27, 2021 06:45:33 pm
      Think I would have Thiago playing if fit,you get a full 90 minute performance from him whereas Keita seems to go missing ,Minamino and Ox to come on as subs second half .Hard decisions for Jürgen for team selection !
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Dec 27, 2021 06:54:30 pm

Keita has 90 mins from Spuds and did well, Thiago has had Covid and missed game time. Jota has played a lot more that Bob and is getting goals.
      Just opinions though, who knows what Jürgen will do.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #11: Dec 27, 2021 07:04:06 pm
      I'd be fuming the match is going ahead if I was a Leicester fan. Massive massive advantage to us.

Just seen his press conference and it sounds like he'll be starting most of his first team. Sounds like a big mistake because they will fall off a cliff after 60 minutes and even worse for them, risk long term injuries.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #12: Dec 27, 2021 07:20:10 pm
      Remember when we came back from conquering the world to put in a performance worthy of being world champions and slaughtered them

I'll take a repeat of that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQjqT17gO9A
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13: Dec 27, 2021 09:32:24 pm

Ally
      TAA Matip VVD Kostas
        Hendo Fab Keita
        Salah Jota Mane

COYRs !!!!

I think we'll go as strong as possible for this, Chelsea and both League Cup legs. Shrewsbury in the FA Cup would be the game with heavy rotation.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #14: Dec 27, 2021 09:44:00 pm
      Just beat Brenda and his wanna bees redmen.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #15: Dec 27, 2021 09:46:07 pm
      Will he flip the triangle on us?
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #16: Dec 27, 2021 10:01:42 pm
      I think we'll go as strong as possible for this, Chelsea and both League Cup legs. Shrewsbury in the FA Cup would be the game with heavy rotation.

I want us to go strong in the League Cup and try and win it. Winning cups becomes a habit and it's gonna be really difficult to win the league this season with potential covid disruption and the fact that NOBODY seems prepared to even try and give City a game, they'd sooner rest players and prepare for other games in an already unfair PL where they can do what they like. I just hope they never get their hands on Big Ears.. Rant over
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17: Dec 27, 2021 10:06:54 pm

wonder if he opens his envelope will his name be in it
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #18: Dec 27, 2021 10:56:45 pm

One of my fave games ever. We absolutely thumped them just after getting off a plane from The Middle East!!!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #19: Dec 27, 2021 10:58:50 pm
      Go full strength from the start and like Issac said, when we're 7-0 up take the big boys off  :D

Just win please lads, I can't bear these  :mad:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #20: Dec 27, 2021 11:15:50 pm
      Don't have the same levels of antipathy than some towards Brendan but I hope we absolutely batter them.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #21: Dec 27, 2021 11:18:05 pm
      Horrible fans.  Hope we smash them apart.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22: Dec 27, 2021 11:35:52 pm

Well deffo this and Chelsea would think, but maybe Jürgen will stick some of the guys who have played in the League Cup matches up to now like Taki, Origi [if fit], Neco etc. Though maybe will go strong[er], given close to a trophy now, we'll see I guess.

Quick Reply