Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-match: Leicester City v Liverpool, EPL [Tuesday December 28th, 20:00]

Read 5380 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Pre-match: Leicester City v Liverpool, EPL [Tuesday December 28th, 20:00]
      Reply #23: Dec 27, 2021 11:45:24 pm
      Don't have the same levels of antipathy than some towards Brendan but I hope we absolutely batter them.

I didn't mind him, to be honest, never really cared one way or the other about him, once he left, but he's pissed me off not playing Vardy v City, so he could be primed for us. Rubbed me up the wrong way for sure, hope we F***ing batter them!!!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #24: Dec 27, 2021 11:52:19 pm
      I didn't mind him, to be honest, never really cared one way or the other about him, once he left, but he's pissed me off not playing Vardy v City, so he could be primed for us. Rubbed me up the wrong way for sure, hope we f**king batter them!!!
      He tweaked his hamstring in the Cup game hence why he never took a penalty resting him against City was precautionary more than anything I wouldn’t look too much into it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #25: Dec 27, 2021 11:52:39 pm
      One of my fave games ever. We absolutely thumped them just after getting off a plane from The Middle East!!!

I think not many of us thought we would do that to them after all the travelling etc but that was just us playing at a level no other team could match and I include City in that
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #26: Dec 28, 2021 12:25:38 am
      Due to their recent plummet down the league. I don’t think they’ll take any chances like taking us on. I expect Vardy to be in contention, and we’ll see the bus parked and them relying on the long ball over the top at every opportunity for Vardy to chase.

They lost a couple of players v us in the cup game. Not sure if they will be back yet. On the plus side, we should be at full strength, apart from Robbo, but don’t think Tsimikas is much of a step down iff he is at all.
      Went for 1-3 in the predictions but may change that to 0-4

Think I’d start with Fab, Hendo and Keita in the middle, and Mo, Sadio and Bob up top. Bringing on Tiago and Jota for rotation and resting players or if they are needed for any other reason .
      Can’t wait for this one !
      COME ON YOU RED MEN !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #27: Dec 28, 2021 01:40:20 am
      He tweaked his hamstring in the Cup game hence why he never took a penalty resting him against City was precautionary more than anything I wouldn’t look too much into it.

Ok good, hope he's fu**ed and doesn't play us.

Hate their fans too after reading sh*t they were singing about us.

cu*ts!
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #28: Dec 28, 2021 09:40:06 am
                                      Alisson

Trent           Matip                 Van Dijk              Tsimikas

Henderson        Fabinho             Keita

Salah                         Jota                         Mane

Nothing less than 3 points will do tonight.

Kellerher
      Konate
      Gomez
      Chamberlain
      Milner
      Thiago
      Firmino
      Minamino
      Jones
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #29: Dec 28, 2021 09:41:15 am
      The Leicester game from nearly 2 years ago was up there with some of the best football, i have ever seen us play, just mesmerising stuff, same again please 😊
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #30: Dec 28, 2021 09:45:48 am
      Good team, but Thiago has to start if fit, he gives us that bit extra.

Alisson

Trent           Matip                 Van Dijk              Tsimikas

Henderson        Fabinho             Keita

Salah                         Jota                         Mane

Nothing less than 3 points will do tonight.

Kellerher
      Konate
      Gomez
      Chamberlain
      Milner
      Thiago
      Firmino
      Minamino
      Jones

Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #31: Dec 28, 2021 09:49:32 am
      Good team, but Thiago has to start if fit, he gives us that bit extra.

He only returned to training yesterday. He will be on the bench
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #32: Dec 28, 2021 10:10:47 am
      Need the 3 points, simple as. Chelsea up after these, so can't drop any here.
      And reckon we'll get them, we beat them with a weakened team in the EFL, and we'll be stronger tomorrow in the middle, or at least we should be. And with them at home would expect them to come at us a little more, leaving a bit more space for us to break into. Plus we NEED the three points more than they do, so more motivation, we're still in a fecking title race after all.

Ally
      TAA Matip VVD Kostas
        Hendo Fab Keita
        Salah Jota Mane

Full strength, get it done.
      COYRs !!!!

Looks good to me that although I might have to toss a coin between Naby & Thiago, both will probably get game time so whoever  starts the other will replace, we have Chavs away next in the league in a must win game so we will need the Covidee’s as near to match sharpness as possible, so a good hour - 70 mins for messers Van djyk, Fabinho & Thiago will do them the world of good going into the weekend,

Good also to see Curtis back ready for action and Divock cannot be too far behind, so apart from young Harvey we have as close to a fully fit squad as your likely to have this time of the season, but of course there’s always a spanner in the works namely that Afcon bullshit, wish tae F**k they did bin it, or just play U23 player’s ,

Any f***in hoo, back to the battering of the the Tory b***ard Leicesterites tonight under the lights, and it will be a battering, we’ve tucked the kids up in bed and are playing the big boys to give them the chance to totally wipe the floor with them, cannot see any other result to be honest, Brendan’s make shift defence will get pummelled by our fab 4, this going to be fun, and funny, can’t fookin wait either !!

5-0 Champions elect

Y  N  W  A

JackRed97
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #33: Dec 28, 2021 10:11:39 am
      Gonna be a tough game, expect there to be a lot of goals, cant see how we don't score at least 3 again

Ali
      Trent Matip Virg Tsimikas
      Hendo Fab Keita
      Mo Jota Mane

Subs
      Kelleher
      Gomez
      Konate
      Ox
      Thiago
      Firmino
      Minamino
      Williams
      Milner

If no covid
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #34: Dec 28, 2021 10:34:42 am
      Hope we really sh*t on these fuckers, I can’t stand that Vardy..
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #35: Dec 28, 2021 10:42:21 am
      Would love us to stick it to them for the second time in less than a week. Their fans are cu*ts and their players not much better after their antics all second half at Anfield last week.

That and the fact Brendan held back a few on Boxing Day so they have a real go at us would make it even sweeter if we can win.

Only selection issue will be Konate or Matip alongside Virgil. Keita deserves a start in midfield.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #36: Dec 28, 2021 10:51:52 am
      May not be the time to see in my opinion our best midfield 3 of Naby, Thiago and Fab as think Thiago will be on bench .
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #37: Dec 28, 2021 11:26:18 am
      Weird side this lot. Don’t seem to have any consistent pattern of play. They are generally a mid table side, with the occasional shock result.
      They are just as likely to lose to a bottom three side, as beat a top three side.
      Always worry me until we get two on the score sheet, but even then, look how they almost turned it around v city.

Suppose it depends on how smoothly our returning players slot back in.

Quite confident we’ll win, but there’s always a nagging doubt it’ll be tougher than I expect.

Rekon I’ll stick with the 1-3 prediction.
      Cant wait now, but seems like we’ve been waiting forever for this one to come around, or is it just me 🤷‍♂️
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #38: Dec 28, 2021 11:35:45 am
      Anyone think ox has done enough to hold his place?

With Fab back would a trio of Fab Ox and Naby work? Having Hendo to come in later in the game?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39: Dec 28, 2021 11:37:40 am
      Not so clever BR playing his strongest line up in the cup last week. Can’t moan about the quick turnaround of games and recovery from 26th and 28th if he’s playing his first 11 in a cup game right before that.

They are there for the taking, let’s smash these like we did a couple of years ago after Qatar.
      Mikehorti
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #40: Dec 28, 2021 12:22:20 pm
      I’m sceptical of Covid returnees playing full minutes in this one, especially with Chelsea up next.

But after a much needed rest for the squad, we’ll get the 3 points tonight. But Leicester are a different prospect at the King Power and we cannot switch off for a moment because they will punish us, as we witnessed last week
      crazyhorse
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      • Life long fan looking to find fellow reds
      Reply #41: Dec 28, 2021 12:39:03 pm
      Don’t think we’ll see the covid returnees all playing a full match - apart from big Virgil who is just a machine. Will probably start with Fab in there, and Thiago on the bench imo. Still can see us starting solid, nicking a goal or 2 then Milner coming on to tighten midfield up in second half and to kick a few lumps out of Leicester.

Looking forward to Tsmikas getting a couple of games..developing into a real player and can see him giving Robbo a run for his money next season.

0-3, and 3 points please
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #42: Dec 28, 2021 02:03:02 pm
      Just need to be on it from the start. Don’t give them any early encouragement this time. No pens to bail us out today 😬
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #43: Dec 28, 2021 02:14:19 pm
      May not be the time to see in my opinion our best midfield 3 of Naby, Thiago and Fab as think Thiago will be on bench .

Can't see Thiago starting either. His last match was almost 2 weeks ago so doubt Jürgen puts him out there for a full 90. It's much more likely to come into the game for the last 30 to start getting him up to speed.

Fab hasn't played in even longer so also not sure about him starting.

Perhaps Hendo-Ox-Keita as our mid 3? then at the 60 minute mark Fab and Thiago come in?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #44: Dec 28, 2021 02:29:51 pm
      Gone for a 3  1 win for the Reds tonight, should be too good for Leicester tonight, even on their own ground !
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #45: Dec 28, 2021 02:54:16 pm
      Anyone think ox has done enough to hold his place?

Can't see it. With lads back from covid, would say Jürgen will want to give them time, need them getting minutes asap.
      Might start the League Cup games though.

Quick Reply