Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (4.7%)
      Joel Matip
      41 (64.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (4.7%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      14 (21.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      1 (1.6%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: Jan 01, 2022 09:55:13 pm

Leicester City 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18891 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Re: Leicester City 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #851: Dec 30, 2021 04:14:05 pm
      thats is not true though is it. 2017 76pts 2018 75 2019 98 2020 99 2021 69 so two challenges not 4.
      but on top of that 2 Cl Finals 1 Europa league final and a League cup final. thats some record Jürgen has and it says to me that with more support those defeats in finals could have been wins.

I was being very general, but I was also thinking about the 13/14 season with Rodgers. So 3 seasons
      « Last Edit: Dec 30, 2021 04:30:43 pm by PastorGeek »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #852: Dec 30, 2021 05:08:07 pm
      Anyone feel up to starting the chelsea pre match?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #853: Dec 30, 2021 05:51:12 pm
      I'll tell anyone what Pep would have done with Sadio by now. He'd have him on the bench or out the club and another 60 million £ man brought in. Here he is still someone we pin our hopes on to help us to win a title.

Maybe he'd put the £60m towards another £100m player like Grealish. Who's got 2 PL goals in his 14 appearances this season, to Sadio's 7 goals in 19 appearances.

Don't know how he hasn't binned Gabriel Jesus either, by your argument. He's scored 2 in 16.

Personally I'll take Sadio over either of those pair. Not least for his pressing, that suits our style of play so perfectly, as well as for his better goal return.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #854: Dec 30, 2021 07:39:29 pm
      Quote from Redman7804
      Agree with the first bit, that was as bad as we have been for a long time, every single one of them

Title is gone though, city will go 9 clear tomorrow and they have we don’t have, depth. No way we turn around a 9 point gap (game in hand)

We're in a LC semi, because of the depth we have available. City are out.

Quote from FATKOPITE10
      F**k off spawny tory tw*ts. Can't even play the full 5 minutes,  injury time could be over ten minutes cos of these time wasting tw*ts. Really poor from the reds tonight. Leicester were there to be taken apart.

So why didn't we? We played like a side that played just 2 days ago, rather than the extended Christmas feet up, most who played this game got. Awful stuff. The 5 minutes were played in full. But I think we could be there for another 5 days and it would make no difference. As I will expand on in a minute.

Quote from FL Red
      I’ll be honest, I’m sure this will go over like a lead balloon but I’d like to see Jürgen give the moaning about congested fixtures a rest, feel like it gives players an excuse to drop their focus.

He does it every Christmas. He will never shut up about it. He's long enough in the job now to know that it is one of the hurdles you have to face in the season. He and his counterparts will protest about it next year and the year after, and every other year they manage teams in England. Not that it will make any difference whatsoever. Christmas is rush hour football time in England, one game into the next.

He's lucky though that it only happens once a year. When it was a 42 game league season, it was every Easter weekend and most public holiday weekends, with 6 league games to play in August alone, a regular thing. Nobody argued, nobody complained, they just got on with it and made the best they could of playing twice in a couple of days.

Quote from Brian78
      Sorrý to see so many think its over

Yes well likely be 9 behind tomorrow but with a game in hand. And while not many fixtures jump out as ones city will drop points in there are games, including v us, where they could. Itll be just up to us to capitalise

Over the years ive learned one thing about the premier league, teams drop points on title run ins that nobody expects. So have some respect for yourselves and hold your bollox until its at least April

Devastating result tbh. Not losing the game, it can happen, but the consequences of it are very hard to be in any way optimistic. Even a point wouldn't have been much use, but to get nothing at all is catastrophic really. 

The performance was a shambles. Even before the penalty, it was dreadful. The decision making inside the box was awful, every time we got a sight of goal, we bottled it. The set pieces were a joke, and the goal conceded was by a defender who doesn't want to put his foot in to block, and a keeper beaten by a tame shot at his near post. Pathetic really.

This wasn't a full strength opposition we were facing, but a side with no first choice defenders, their two best players injured during the game, and we still never looked like scoring. Instead, our players played like a side just 48 hours before, rather than refreshed by a 9 day siesta that many of them had. And if we think it was hard to break this lot down, it's not a patch on the task to break Chelsea down at the weekend, especially if we go behind again.

The year finished as it started, losing 0-1 away from home. You try to find the positives after a game like this, but its difficult to find any. We went into 2019, 7 points clear, yet only had 97 points to show for it by May. We need a similiar turnaround now, only in our favour.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #855: Dec 30, 2021 07:51:47 pm
      Maybe he'd put the £60m towards another £100m player like Grealish. Who's got 2 PL goals in his 14 appearances this season, to Sadio's 7 goals in 19 appearances.

Don't know how he hasn't binned Gabriel Jesus either, by your argument. He's scored 2 in 16.

Personally I'll take Sadio over either of those pair. Not least for his pressing, that suits our style of play so perfectly, as well as for his better goal return.

I think the point is though, he has options other than Grealish and Jesus. We don’t have a lot of like for like options for Mane so if he’s not firing (like now) then what are we to do?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #856: Dec 30, 2021 08:17:25 pm
      I think the point is though, he has options other than Grealish and Jesus. We don’t have a lot of like for like options for Mane so if he’s not firing (like now) then what are we to do?

Oh I'd like to see us have another wide player as back up. That wasn't the point the OP was making at all though, they were saying Mane isn't good enough and Guardiola would have replaced him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #857: Dec 30, 2021 11:11:26 pm
      Oh I'd like to see us have another wide player as back up. That wasn't the point the OP was making at all though, they were saying Mane isn't good enough and Guardiola would have replaced him.

I read it as, Pep would be able to put Mane on the bench and bring in someone just as capable to light a fire under Mane? Maybe I understood it wrong.

Quick Reply