Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

ITV drama on Ann Williams

Read 4489 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      ITV drama on Ann Williams
      Dec 30, 2021 10:08:30 pm
      New drama starting on ITV about Ann Williams battle for justice over Hillsborough. Unusual for ITV. Hope it’s well done
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: ITV drama on Ann Williams
      Reply #1: Jan 01, 2022 01:10:08 pm
      Unusual for ITV. Hope it’s well done

Itv also showed Hillsborough drama by Jimmy Mcgovern. Apparently Ann's family are already praising Maxine Peake for the way she portrays Ann.

Just like the other Hillsborough drama I think it'll be a tough watch.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2: Jan 01, 2022 02:17:47 pm
      Not to be missed this, a insight into the Real Iron Lady and her battle for justice for her Son and 96 other brothers and sisters we lost that Horrific  day,

Correct me if I’m wrong but Anne Williams was instrumental in HFSG, and was their main spokeswoman initially, I believe Margaret Aspinall who also lost her Son James, took over when Anne became too ill, it was so cruel she didn’t live long enough to hear that fans were judged blameless !

RIP ANNE WILLIAMS Gone But Never Forgotten -  You’ll Never Walk Alone
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3: Jan 01, 2022 02:20:32 pm
      Wonderful strong scouse mum along with all the other families who have demonstrate incredible strength and control.
      I won't watch it these things just make me angry when you realise there has been no Justice at all
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4: Jan 01, 2022 02:22:02 pm
      Correct me if I’m wrong but Anne Williams was instrumental in HFSG, and was their main spokeswoman initially, I believe Margaret Aspinall who also lost her Son James, took over when Anne became too ill, it was so cruel she didn’t live long enough to hear that fans were judged blameless !

Yeah you're wrong, Anne was never really head of HFSG, that was Trevor Hicks.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #5: Jan 01, 2022 09:23:47 pm
      Looking forward to watching this, although like Huyton Red says, it will be a hard watch. I met Anne quite a few years ago after a few of us had done some fund raising, she was a remarkable women who inspired so many, may she RIP.

YNWA Anne Williams.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #6: Jan 02, 2022 02:04:58 am
      What is the name? Maybe I will find a torrent.

Rip 🙏 Ynwa
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #7: Jan 02, 2022 12:01:58 pm
      Yeah you're wrong, Anne was never really head of HFSG, that was Trevor Hicks.

Thanks HR, I stand corrected !
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #8: Jan 02, 2022 12:22:23 pm
      Wonderful strong scouse mum along with all the other families who have demonstrate incredible strength and control.
      I won't watch it these things just make me angry when you realise there has been no Justice at all

Agree Walt although i will watch, over the years since i always felt that justice would never happen but if it did it wouldn’t be the justice those families deserved, the only solace  they got really was the ‘fans weren’t to blame’ ruling, those families  wanted accountability and that was never going to happen, the establishment deliberately dragging their feet year upon year, we all knew the establishment would close ranks and look after their own, even to this day there are those who still blame the fans and refuse to besmirch that lying c**t Duckenfield, he Virtually got away with it, as did all his wee cronies.

I’d love to know where that c**t Duckenfield lives, pay him a wee visit in the night !!!

Y  N  W  A
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #9: Jan 02, 2022 11:02:41 pm
      What is the name? Maybe I will find a torrent.

Rip 🙏 Ynwa

ANNE
      In One
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • I’m an arl arse
      Reply #10: Jan 02, 2022 11:12:16 pm
      Was hard to watch tbh superbly written though and acted . Very emotional, Anne and all our angels will always be in our hearts .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #11: Jan 02, 2022 11:13:49 pm
      Itv also showed Hillsborough drama by Jimmy Mcgovern. Apparently Ann's family are already praising Maxine Peake for the way she portrays Ann.

Just like the other Hillsborough drama I think it'll be a tough watch.
      A very tough watch , but I feel a watch that has to be made .
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #12: Jan 03, 2022 11:34:40 am
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #13: Jan 03, 2022 12:21:27 pm
      Any links for non UK people? thx

i managed to register with itv :)
      « Last Edit: Jan 03, 2022 01:06:06 pm by tomx »
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,834 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #14: Jan 04, 2022 01:40:23 pm
      Heartbreaking to watch this drama ,incredible injustices and lies that can never be changed , I have been a Liverpool fan for over 50 years although I am from Leeds , this drama is bringing home to me what effects on the city and community It had and still has .Incredible resilience from Anne and the people affected who doggedly took on the establishment against all the odds .
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #15: Jan 04, 2022 02:12:45 pm
      Will catch it this Thursday over here, record and watch after the  match, if thats still on
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #16: Jan 04, 2022 02:14:43 pm
      what a hard watch, but for me the best (so far) but really nails the important points about the cover up.

During the police cover up, there are so man amazing crimes committed that its hard to figure out where to start, but the coroner decision, the 6 hour interview of a heroic copper forced to change his statement (and countless others), the denial of 42 ambulance's to help (for the fighting to calm down...).....defies belief.

Thank god there was justice in the end.

BTW Maxine Peake is incredible.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #17: Jan 04, 2022 02:24:23 pm
      I have it on record - need to build myself up to watch it , a lot of still painful memories of the day 😢
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #18: Jan 04, 2022 02:39:54 pm
      Such an emotional watch but one that is needed for some people to recognise the true horrors of that day and beyond for all affected.  What courage and determination she and others showed to uncover the lies and deceit that followed
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #19: Jan 04, 2022 06:15:55 pm
      I watched it all in one go, brought  back so many horrible memories, I got extremely lucky that day, I swapped my Leppings lane ticket for one in the stand above, thankfully the fella i swapped with survived, I’m only a wee fella so I doubt if I would have survive had I not swapped, I had hundreds of sleepless nights mulling over ‘what if’ and felt terribly guilty for years,

The show was extremely well written and Maxine Peake was just simply incredible, there was plenty left out but I guess it would have taken hours to view if everything was included, I’m glad I watched it and I’m relieved to have done so all in one go, I sat on my own and had to pause now and then to dry up, especially when Anne passed, I’m a Red blooded male and was a typically hard hearted Glaswegian,  but Hillsborough changed all that, I found myself bubbling during certain movies or a event where there were many fatalities, I was a f***in wreck when my lad shot out of his mam’s growler,

It still angers me how those responsible got off Scot free without a sniff of accountability, even after all these years the establishment still close ranks, the ppl I most feel sorry for are obviously the families concerned, many of those parents at the time will have passed now, some without knowing the truth, I often wonder what have become of those who died, like Kevin, Anne’s son, or James Aspinall, Margaret’s son, the Hicks sisters, Jon Paul Galhooley, Stevie G’s cousin, and others,

It was a difficult watch, can’t get away from that especially if you were there, if your having inhibition’s I urge you to watch it, after I did I felt it was like a kind of closure, I’m hoping so, apart from the annual anniversary I’d rather it was put on the back burner, we will never forget of course, but like losing a loved one you learn to cope .

RIP 97.   YOU’LL NEVER WALK ALONE. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #20: Jan 04, 2022 06:28:12 pm
      Sometimes these programs go completely the wrong way and almost make a mockery out of what happened because they are more bothered about ratings than what it's actually supposed to be about. Not this though, think it's been really well put together and Maxine Peake is nailing it.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #21: Jan 04, 2022 11:20:09 pm
      Well done ITV MESMERISING TV
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #22: Jan 04, 2022 11:21:43 pm
      Had a ticket to but my wife was pregnant and didn’t go….

Quick Reply