Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Chelsea v Liverpool (2nd Jan 4:30pm)

Read 9025 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Pre-Match: Chelsea v Liverpool (2nd Jan 4:30pm)
      Dec 31, 2021 03:17:50 pm
      Well, as of now it's going ahead, but.

Klopp said: ā€œWe have three new COVID cases in the team and a few more in the staff, so itā€™s not so cool in the moment.

ā€œIā€™m not [able to reveal the names] because we still have to make the whole processes, getting a proper PCR and all these kind of things, but you will see the day after tomorrow on the teamsheet. It will be pretty clear then who is affected or infected.ā€

Asked whether the situation could force Liverpool to seek a postponement of the fixture at Chelsea, Klopp replied: ā€œNot yet, but we donā€™t know.

ā€œWe never had this kind of proper outbreak where 10, 15, 20 players had it, for us itā€™s more every day another one. Staff happens now more and more often, so as I said before it feels like a lottery in the morning when you stand there and you wait for the result. It was now pretty much day by day always one case ā€“ today another one.

ā€œWe have to wait, the boys are not even in yet, so we have to wait. In this moment, probably not but we donā€™t know how it will look in a few hours.ā€
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Re: Pre-Match: Chelsea v Liverpool (2nd Jan 4:30pm)
      Reply #1: Dec 31, 2021 03:21:18 pm
      Think Chelsea want this off . Not sure who the 3 are rumours Bobby, Ali and Naby or Jota . Still should be able to field a competitive Xi and maybe a good time to play them
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2: Dec 31, 2021 03:29:46 pm
      We need this win, but were hurting long term.

Looks like Minamino and Bobby definitely out of the Cup tie, FFS. Arsenal will go full strength and try and separate from us before the Anfield visit. Thiago is out again. Origi is nowhere to be seen. Mo and Mane are gone. Starting to get a little bummed
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3: Dec 31, 2021 03:34:00 pm
      Football is a farce at the minute.
      Pot luck each week as to who gets to postpone. And who gets forced to play with a weakened team.

Itā€™s probably about as enjoyable now as when it was behind closed doors. At least then it was full strength teams playing.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #4: Dec 31, 2021 03:35:15 pm
      We need this win, but were hurting long term.

Looks like Minamino and Bobby definitely out of the Cup tie, FFS. Arsenal will go full strength and try and separate from us before the Anfield visit. Thiago is out again. Origi is nowhere to be seen. Mo and Mane are gone. Starting to get a little bummed

Minimino should be fine for Arsenal Klopp said he was out running
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5: Dec 31, 2021 03:41:54 pm
      Anyone else think we are probably being too honest by saying who has covid. All of these teams getting games called off through covid and injury
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #6: Dec 31, 2021 03:45:25 pm
      Is it wrong to be annoyed af with Thiago?

He's so good, and always leaves you wanting more, but its ALWAYS something with that guy. Knee, Covid, calf, knee, covid, now his hip. He's only played about 40% of matches since he got here, and I bet he hasn't played much more than that for his career. The writing was on the wall when we were looking at him, and he's lived up to the mold he set. Amazing player with major durability issues. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad if Naby wasn't the same way.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #7: Dec 31, 2021 03:46:37 pm
      Anyone else think we are probably being too honest by saying who has covid. All of these teams getting games called off through covid and injury

He didn't say today, just that it would be obvious on Sunday
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #8: Dec 31, 2021 03:56:04 pm

He's so good, and always leaves you wanting more, but its ALWAYS something with that guy. Knee, Covid, calf, knee, covid, now his hip. He's only played about 40% of matches since he got here, and I bet he hasn't played much more than that for his career. The writing was on the wall when we were looking at him, and he's lived up to the mold he set. Amazing player with major durability issues. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad if Naby wasn't the same way.

Thinking the same thing, and Iā€™ve personally given up on Naby. Hot and cold with his form, and thatā€™s when he is not injured.

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: Dec 31, 2021 04:03:01 pm
      I'd probably not have started Bob anyway.
      Ally would be a loss, but Kelleher hasn't let us down.
      Don't know who the 3rd covid head is, if it's Jota, that'd be a loss.

Kelleher
      TAA Matip VVD Kostas
        Hendo Fab Keita
         Salah Jota Mane

On paper, strong side. Though didn't play great against Leicester - hopefully JĆ¼rgen has lit a fire under them since them.

No room for dropping more points. Big ask, but that's where we're at with Citeh 9 points ahead of us.

Go out and win lads :)  COYRs!!!!!!!!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #10: Dec 31, 2021 04:06:23 pm
      Jota was training so I donā€™t think itā€™s him

Potentially Alisson and Bobby

So will go with the team above apart from maybe Konate or Gomez coming in

Kelleher

TAA
      VVD
      Konate
      Kostas

Fab
      Hendo
      Keita

Mane
      Jota
      Mo
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #11: Dec 31, 2021 04:06:27 pm
      Iā€™m current circumstances this has a 1-1 draw written all over it.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #12: Dec 31, 2021 04:09:49 pm

Heā€™s a luxury player, when you have him available itā€™s wonderful, but you canā€™t depend on him or build a team around him and I donā€™t think we are the type of team thatā€™s really ever gone for luxury usually.

Heā€™s had and will have a few more delightful games for us, but thatā€™s about it. He was worth a shot at the price we paid, but yeah, outside a few dazzling spread out performances a season thatā€™s all you can expect from him.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13: Dec 31, 2021 04:11:10 pm
      He didn't say today, just that it would be obvious on Sunday

Yes, but Ali and Bobby missed training so speculation focuses on them.

I see the Southampton vs. Newcastle game is already off. Of course ours will be played before a worldwide TV audience, so I suspect it will be hard to call it off. The other side of the "call it off" argument from our perspective is what will be happening when they try to replay it. There's no good answer really.

Over here (you know) they have updated the protocol on how long someone has to isolate, I believe because this variant is more contagious but not as severe in the illness caused - so the NFL and others have updated their response a bit, mainly in shortening the amount of time a player has to be out after a positive test (10 days to 5 days) if he's asymptomatic.

But as has been stated by UncleBob, there's a whole lot of random in which teams get a postponement and which have to play with a weaker team. Obviously it can end up impacting the table massively.

Just went to the funeral of my favorite uncle yesterday, who died of it (he was 88). Have I mentioned that I'm tired of the whole thing?

Would be nice to see our team play on Sunday, if possible.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #14: Dec 31, 2021 04:12:45 pm
      Jota was training so I donā€™t think itā€™s him

Potentially Alisson and Bobby

So will go with the team above apart from maybe Konate or Gomez coming in

Kelleher

TAA
      VVD
      Konate
      Kostas

Fab
      Hendo
      Keita

Mane
      Jota
      Mo

Jota trained today did he?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #15: Dec 31, 2021 04:39:56 pm
      Saw the team that Chelsea put out the other night. Looked really strong to me but I suppose tuchel is frustrated at being down to the last 50 or so players in the squad
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #16: Dec 31, 2021 05:21:33 pm
      It seems our injuries or covid cases always seem to be where we are weakest.
      I donā€™t mean in numbers, but in like for like replacements.
      Thatā€™s the benefit of having a squad of top class players who are happy to sit on the bench for 60 % of the season collecting their Ā£350 + grand a week.
      Only oil money and a corrupt FFP system can create a squad like that.
      We, and the 16 other clubs will no doubt battle on, possibly 15 in future with bar codes now included.
      Afraid challenging for titles will never be the same again, as the dirty money will prevail.
      Still thinking if weā€™re not hit too hard with covid etc, and a realistic improvement from Leicester game weā€™ll still win 0-2
      Mainly due to this being an honest game of footy, and no 11 man defence to break down.

Come on you red men !
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #17: Dec 31, 2021 05:29:55 pm
      It seems our injuries or covid cases always seem to be where we are weakest.
      I donā€™t mean in numbers, but in like for like replacements.
      Thatā€™s the benefit of having a squad of top class players who are happy to sit on the bench for 60 % of the season collecting their Ā£350 + grand a week.
      Only oil money and a corrupt FFP system can create a squad like that.
      We, and the 16 other clubs will no doubt battle on, possibly 15 in future with bar codes now included.
      Afraid challenging for titles will never be the same again, as the dirty money will prevail.
      Still thinking if weā€™re not hit too hard with covid etc, and a realistic improvement from Leicester game weā€™ll still win 0-2
      Mainly due to this being an honest game of footy, and no 11 man defence to break down.

Come on you red men !

This sounds horrible, but hear me out. If we continue to spend smart we will always be contenders in the league. But, like two years ago when we won it, we will need great luck on our side. City had some injuries and we showed how good we can be when our group stays fit. But that's doesn't happen often. So, when the league appears out of sight, we have to be able to deviate from that to cups. There's no shame in winning cups when the league isn't attainable. Even if it's FA and Milk cups. Carragher had a rant on this the other night, and I think he's right.

Still want league titles, but your fooling yourself if you don't think the margin of error is so minute, that they will be NEARLY impossible to win. If we can snag one every 5 years or so, while winning the UCL or a domestic cup per season we should be happy
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #18: Dec 31, 2021 06:02:42 pm
      This sounds horrible, but hear me out. If we continue to spend smart we will always be contenders in the league. But, like two years ago when we won it, we will need great luck on our side. City had some injuries and we showed how good we can be when our group stays fit. But that's doesn't happen often. So, when the league appears out of sight, we have to be able to deviate from that to cups. There's no shame in winning cups when the league isn't attainable. Even if it's FA and Milk cups. Carragher had a rant on this the other night, and I think he's right.

Still want league titles, but your fooling yourself if you don't think the margin of error is so minute, that they will be NEARLY impossible to win. If we can snag one every 5 years or so, while winning the UCL or a domestic cup per season we should be happy

Agree with Carra nearly 7 yrs we have had the pleasure of Klopp and I think that warrants more cups to show for it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #19: Dec 31, 2021 06:24:57 pm
      Imagine if you played or didnā€™t play based on how well you felt.

Michael Jordan had a legendary performance in the playoffs against the Utah Jazz when he had the flu. If it was Covid heā€™d have never been ā€œallowedā€ to play.

If people think there arenā€™t going to be Liverpool (and Chelsea) players playing in the game that are Covid positive they are kidding themselves. If we are going to play the games to begin with, then you should be allowed to play if you feel like you can. This isnā€™t Ebola.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #20: Dec 31, 2021 06:38:42 pm

Michael Jordan had a legendary performance in the playoffs against the Utah Jazz when he had the flu. If it was Covid heā€™d have never been ā€œallowedā€ to play.

If people think there arenā€™t going to be Liverpool (and Chelsea) players playing in the game that are Covid positive they are kidding themselves. If we are going to play the games to begin with, then you should be allowed to play if you feel like you can. This isnā€™t Ebola.

I agree with this. So what if you have cold symptoms and a positive test? Just get on with it or football will never get back to normal.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #21: Dec 31, 2021 06:49:59 pm

🤦ā€ā™‚ļø

There is so much wrong with this attitude but itā€™s no surprise
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #22: Dec 31, 2021 06:53:29 pm
      I agree with this. So what if you have cold symptoms and a positive test? Just get on with it or football will never get back to normal.

Me and my 8 YO got it right now. It's annoying, for sure. But I just did 15 minutes on the heavy bag and a series of push up and sit ups. I'm just a regular 35 YO guy, not a super athlete like Prem players. Obviously it's a case by case bases. However, this version doesn't seem to be nearly as lethal as other strands, especially if your vaccinated. If my wife wasn't pregnant I wouldnt be worried at all..

Quick Reply