Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      59 (72.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      5 (6.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.2%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      4 (4.9%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.2%)
      James Milner
      2 (2.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      7 (8.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Jan 06, 2022 06:24:58 pm

Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24373 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Jan 02, 2022 06:43:10 pm
      Have to say i feel so sorry for Milner. The man is 36 years old and shouldn't be expected to front a full 90 minutes against fellow title contenders. I love Milner to bits but he isn't the problem.

The problem is that we had to start Milner in the first place. I hope people can see that?

As for the much revered HEAVY METAL FOOTBALL?????????

We've gone from Slipknot to Scissor Sisters!!!

Looks like we need a new drummer and a lead guitarist!
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #645: Jan 02, 2022 06:43:14 pm
      Fab is not yet back to his best after being out Hendo is just not anywhere near his best and Milly has always been capable of rash challenges but he is 36 and today in the second half looked fu**ed

As i said earlier I didn’t get to watch the game but was very surprised Milly started ahead of Keita.

It looks like he needs to retire so Jürgen stops starting him ahead of players who should be ahead of him.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #646: Jan 02, 2022 06:43:17 pm
      I'm blown away at people talking about VVD being the same. He isn't. He isn't bad, but he's not the same. Mobility has been affected for sure. Also been a bit hesitant to close down defenders this year. Not saying he's done or sell him, he's still one of the first names on the sheet, but he's going to need to adapt a bit. His digression is part of our defensive issue
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #647: Jan 02, 2022 06:43:26 pm
      Gave the lead up twice vs City too.

Still yet to win a game without Thiago starting. He has been a huge loss for us.

Agreed. We need to buy a top drawer midfielder this month
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #648: Jan 02, 2022 06:43:27 pm
      We do have the right personnel, experience and technical skills to win the league. But we’ve made many mistakes along the way. As rightly pointed out by our boss, we need to be perfect to win this league. Together with some dodgy officiating, it’s now more difficult but not impossible though.

so Ox and Naby and Milner are top notch we dont have any option other than Mo,Sadio and Jota and not a striker on the bench but we have the right personnel.
      In One
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • I’m an arl arse
      Re: Live: Chelsea v Liverpool
      Reply #649: Jan 02, 2022 06:43:31 pm
      Naby is a brilliant player when he's fit and firing just unfortunate that he is barely ever fit.
        Nah not having it but everyone got an opinion . I’ve been saying for months at the match not good enough for our team far to slow in the ball did nothing when he came on in this game . We need to get out there in the transfer window and buy a top top midfielder with vision, a ball player and someone who doesn’t dawdle on the ball. IMO we are loosing our strength and muscle in the middle of the park . I know it’s hard to find but we have always since I’ve been going the game which is a long time had a ball player with vision who knows we’re the ball is gonna be played before he receives it. And Naby is not that player
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #650: Jan 02, 2022 06:44:14 pm
      Don't think we played for the draw Dan. I just think Chelsea overpowered us.

Our midfield is just not good enough anymore.

I think Henderson is on the wane as well. He has spent more time trying to be a f**king spokesman or politician the last couple of months, shut your f**king c**t and focus on your job of captaining Liverpool you woke c**t!

There is a saying, EVERYTHING WOKE TURNS TO sh*t!

Shut up you F***ing dickhead.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,020 posts | 528 
      Reply #651: Jan 02, 2022 06:44:27 pm
      Disappointing result, but great game. Odd in that we scored our 2 when they were on top and they scored their 2 when we were on top. Disappointing to draw having been 2 goals up but I don't think we did much wrong for either of their goals - Kovacic's was a worldy. Our goals were both class as well. Chavs played well to be fair to them, but we were very dangerous on the counter and probably had the better chances. Draw was fair.

A ref had a good game for a change (despite that commentator tw*t droning on about Mane's "red card" all game), he let the game flow.

Fab and Hendo looked a bit off the pace, especially early on. Milner was our best midfielder, bit surprised he went off (didn't seem too happy about it), but suppose at nearly 36 it's understandable. Kostas, Mane, Salah were all good. VVD and Konate had decent games. Kelleher was MOTM though, couple of great saves and great composure on the ball - actually felt he was more assured than Ali in possession. Looks a real top class goalie.

Our subs seemed to kill our threat, although maybe it was the whole team running out of energy (not surprisingly, cos it was frantic).

The title is not done yet, but it's a long way back. Still do-able though, we won't give up.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #652: Jan 02, 2022 06:44:33 pm

As i said earlier I didn’t get to watch the game but was very surprised Milly started ahead of Keita.

It looks like he needs to retire so Jürgen stops starting him ahead of players who should be ahead of him.

what must Curtis think if he is fit and Milner starts ? We need Curtis to develop and improve and that means game time
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,126 posts | 83 
      Reply #653: Jan 02, 2022 06:44:34 pm
      We are vulnerable defensively. This is a major thing and it is on the coaching stuff, it is on Klopp. Forget about the national campaign, we are simply not good enough this season. Let us win CL and FA-Cup.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #654: Jan 02, 2022 06:44:38 pm
      Have to say i feel so sorry for Milner. The man is 36 years old and shouldn't be expected to front a full 90 minutes against fellow title contenders. I love Milner to bits but he isn't the problem.

The problem is that we had to start Milner in the first place. I hope people can see that?

As for the much revered HEAVY METAL FOOTBALL?????????

We've gone from Slipknot to Scissor Sisters!!!

Looks like we need a new drummer and a lead guitarist!

We didn't have to start Milner. We had another two experienced first team CM on the bench who came on in the second half.

In One
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • I’m an arl arse
      Reply #655: Jan 02, 2022 06:44:58 pm
      Ah well.

Good match, entertaining. Result not much use to either side though, Citeh happy enough.

2nd half, they dominated until their subs/changes, then we came back into it a bit, then them again, and then we finished decently.

Thought Jones in the few mins he was on looked more positive then any other midfielder we'd had on the pitch. Fab was poor, Hendo not great, Milly covered a lot of ground. AOC showed why he just can't compete in the big games, looked scared of the ball.

Highlights, Mo's goal, Mane's finish, Kellehers save, and a brilliant move in the 2nd half that ended with a Mane shot to Mendys left, saved.

Disappointed not to win, but maybe on the balance of play didn't really deserve to.
      Agree but Jones should of come on a lot sooner
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,869 posts | 413 
      Reply #656: Jan 02, 2022 06:45:26 pm
      Kostas and Kelleher was really good today. Never let us down. Not sure Alison should walk straight back in.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #657: Jan 02, 2022 06:45:33 pm
      Again, Fab and Hendo getting a lot of stick.
      Fab coming back from covid and Hendo from being sick.
      I'll keep defending these guys because they shoulder the weight constantly while other players are out injured, off form, or just not good enough.
      There are other midfield options available, even today, but for whatever reason management play them and leave them on the pitch even when they are not at their best.
      Read into that what you will.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #658: Jan 02, 2022 06:46:04 pm
      Gave the lead up twice vs City too.

Still yet to win a game without Thiago starting. He has been a huge loss for us.

Haha, well get use to it mate. Missed about 40% of the games in his career. I love the dude, but sadly we'd be wise to learn to adapt without him.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #659: Jan 02, 2022 06:46:18 pm
      Kostas and Kelleher was really good today. Never let us down. Not sure Alison should walk straight back in.

Gave Kelleher MOTM, thought he was really good
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #660: Jan 02, 2022 06:46:35 pm
      What the f**k are you on about there lad? 😂😂😂

Go and throw a few digs at the wall you gammon 😂

Virtue signallers boil my piss!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,126 posts | 83 
      Reply #661: Jan 02, 2022 06:46:38 pm
      Kelleher was MOTM though, couple of great saves and great composure on the ball - actually felt he was more assured than Ali in possession. Looks a real top class goalie.

For me Kelleher = Ali. He is not one bit weaker.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #662: Jan 02, 2022 06:46:49 pm
      I've went Kelleher MOTM.

Biggest compliment I can give him is we didn't notice Allison wasn't there today.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #663: Jan 02, 2022 06:46:58 pm
      And I guess you will get your excuses in early

No excuses. You’ve made mistakes, you’ve thrown away a two goal lead. You’ve lost the lead in one two many matches. You’ve the experience to win football matches in Europe. You’ve won the group of death in the CL. Nobody wanted to play you in the CL. How many excuses can you give? There were no reinforcements. That we all know…
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #664: Jan 02, 2022 06:47:22 pm
      Agree but Jones should of come on a lot sooner

Yea, even though has been out for a long time, looked good when he came on.  Was positive on the ball and didn't give it away - good starting points :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #665: Jan 02, 2022 06:47:42 pm
      I see the resident caveman had awoken from his slumber.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #666: Jan 02, 2022 06:47:48 pm
        Nah not having it but everyone got an opinion . I’ve been saying for months at the match not good enough for our team far to slow in the ball did nothing when he came on in this game . We need to get out there in the transfer window and buy a top top midfielder with vision, a ball player and someone who doesn’t dawdle on the ball. IMO we are loosing our strength and muscle in the middle of the park . I know it’s hard to find but we have always since I’ve been going the game which is a long time had a ball player with vision who knows we’re the ball is gonna be played before he receives it. And Naby is not that player

how many more season do we say NAby just needs games he is great OX needs games Milly is just superb its our weakness even if we dont have options for our front three our midfield doe not have an identity

Quick Reply