Trending Topics

Next match: Palace v LFC [Premier League] Sun 23rd Jan @ 2:00 pm
      Selhurst Park

Today is the 22nd of January and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W9 D4 L9

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      59 (72.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima Konaté
      5 (6.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.2%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      4 (4.9%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.2%)
      James Milner
      2 (2.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      7 (8.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Jan 06, 2022 06:24:58 pm

Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 5661 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,604 posts | 1071 
      Re: Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #925: Jan 04, 2022 04:32:13 pm
      It’s an odd one really; because on the one hand you have these supporters who want the owners to spend £200m on new players so we can compete with the oil clubs, but on the other hand they didn’t want the club to join the super league (and riches that go with it) because it would rip away our soul and traditions and what not.

The only way we can compete financially with the oil clubs is to either get new owners who are like the sheikhs, or have joined the super league.

I just don’t understand why people think business owners would spend more money than the business is making in a climate where revenue could be switched off like a drop of a hat.

It’s simple. We want the owners to splash out their own money to support the club financially. Not trying to earn money from a football club and spending within the club’s means, while also not selling our soul to the devil.

Win at all costs, regardless of the club going broke while winning. If that happens they should pump in more money to support the club financially.

Based on me naive football fan’s argument, if we win, we will never go broke. Win and everyday is Christmas. Every problem is solved. Never mind if matchday has no fans and revenue. Winning is all I care. Never mind if owners have to keep ploughing money to sustain the club. It’s not my money. They should keep their customers happy.

In short we want an oil sheik or Russian oligarch, or a Chinese internet mogul. All of whom are not FSG. We want every damn thing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,882 posts | 4644 
      Reply #926: Jan 04, 2022 04:43:47 pm
      So if the owners aren't to blame for us blowing leads (and I think that's a reasonable argument that they aren't), then it means its either the players or the manager that are to blame.

It doesn't seem like it could be Klopp's fault as no one has pointed one finger at him, which leaves the players. So the argument then boils back down to us needing more/different players.

City aren't losing leads...so either Pep is a better manager than Klopp (he's not), or they have better players than us. If that's the case then we need to figure out a way to get better players (most times that means spending money).
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,242 posts | 2440 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #927: Jan 04, 2022 05:02:03 pm
      So if the owners aren't to blame for us blowing leads (and I think that's a reasonable argument that they aren't), then it means its either the players or the manager that are to blame.

It doesn't seem like it could be Klopp's fault as no one has pointed one finger at him, which leaves the players. So the argument then boils back down to us needing more/different players.

City aren't losing leads...so either Pep is a better manager than Klopp (he's not), or they have better players than us. If that's the case then we need to figure out a way to get better players (most times that means spending money).

Yes Jürgen needs to look at that, hes not beyond a question or 2 being asked.

Obviously he wasnt at Chelsea and we dont know the involvement he had but this is why id say players and management TEAM not just the boss shouldering it.

Go back 30 40 years ago. Best team in Europe, could play outstanding football. But no better team to go 1 up and pass the ball back to Brucie to hold then roll out toba defender to give it back to Bruce again and repeat. Killing time, killing opponents momentum winding up the fans and opposition players..

Obviously our lads cant do that now but why can we not change the set up and the tactics to hold what we have? At 2 nil why chase a 3rd? At 3 1 why go for 4? Great to watch but not so much if you lose what you have. Again I will never understand not seeing out that 5 mins before half time Sunday. Some are claiming players were tired. Ok if its the 85th minute maybe but not 40th

Management should have decided then get in at half time with the lead, however it had to be done. They had crazy space to play with at 2 nil up with minutes to half time
      Salah10
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts | 140 
      Reply #928: Jan 04, 2022 05:23:27 pm
      It’s an odd one really; because on the one hand you have these supporters who want the owners to spend £200m on new players so we can compete with the oil clubs, but on the other hand they didn’t want the club to join the super league (and riches that go with it) because it would rip away our soul and traditions and what not.

The only way we can compete financially with the oil clubs is to either get new owners who are like the sheikhs, or have joined the super league.

I just don’t understand why people think business owners would spend more money than the business is making in a climate where revenue could be switched off like a drop of a hat.

How do Villa do it?

How does EVERYONE in the league, apart from us, do it?

I don't see them lining up outside the liquidations office, do you?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,882 posts | 4644 
      Reply #929: Jan 04, 2022 05:28:10 pm
      Yes Jürgen needs to look at that, hes not beyond a question or 2 being asked.

Obviously he wasnt at Chelsea and we dont know the involvement he had but this is why id say players and management TEAM not just the boss shouldering it.

Go back 30 40 years ago. Best team in Europe, could play outstanding football. But no better team to go 1 up and pass the ball back to Brucie to hold then roll out toba defender to give it back to Bruce again and repeat. Killing time, killing opponents momentum winding up the fans and opposition players..

Obviously our lads cant do that now but why can we not change the set up and the tactics to hold what we have? At 2 nil why chase a 3rd? At 3 1 why go for 4? Great to watch but not so much if you lose what you have. Again I will never understand not seeing out that 5 mins before half time Sunday. Some are claiming players were tired. Ok if its the 85th minute maybe but not 40th

Management should have decided then get in at half time with the lead, however it had to be done. They had crazy space to play with at 2 nil up with minutes to half time

I think players may be tired. Trent never gets a game off. Could be the reason his form has dipped as of late. Who knows.

But when you see a team like City that can rotate in almost a completely new midfield whenever they need and you see us who struggle to put together a fit first team midfield it certainly points to issues with player personnel.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,242 posts | 2440 
      Reply #930: Jan 04, 2022 05:32:16 pm
      I think players may be tired. Trent never gets a game off. Could be the reason his form has dipped as of late. Who knows.

But when you see a team like City that can rotate in almost a completely new midfield whenever they need and you see us who struggle to put together a fit first team midfield it certainly points to issues with player personnel.

I was surprised at the line up Sunday, really thought Keita would start, bring that energy and creativeness. Hes fresh enough to.

Anyway looks like Thursday, if on, will tell a tale. Had to laugh when chelseas team and subs came up plus leaving lukaku out but moaning looking for games off, unreal
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,688 posts | 1486 
      Reply #931: Jan 04, 2022 05:33:56 pm
      How do Villa do it?

How does EVERYONE in the league, apart from us, do it?

I don't see them lining up outside the liquidations office, do you?

Didn’t Villa sell their best player for 100mil as well as breaking FFP rules ?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,242 posts | 2440 
      Reply #932: Jan 04, 2022 05:34:38 pm

Didn’t Villa sell their best player for 100mil as well as breaking FFP rules ?

Is that an actual thing 😂😂😂
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,242 posts | 2440 
      Reply #933: Jan 04, 2022 05:35:21 pm
      ffp unless your Barce Real or city
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,688 posts | 1486 
      Reply #934: Jan 04, 2022 05:36:18 pm
      Is that an actual thing 😂😂😂

It still is - it’s actually monitored in the EFL it seems and still within UEFA and Prem - most clubs are working within FFP it seems ( well some clubs do a bit of financial cheating )
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,242 posts | 2440 
      Reply #935: Jan 04, 2022 05:41:34 pm
      It still is - it’s actually monitored in the EFL it seems and still within UEFA and Prem - most clubs are working within FFP it seems ( well some clubs do a bit of financial cheating )

city and barce on the Torres deal!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,688 posts | 1486 
      Reply #936: Jan 04, 2022 05:52:41 pm
      city and barce on the Torres deal!!

They find ways to balance the losses - hence City being sponsered and have “relationships” with Abu Dhabi companies - who just so happen to be owned by the same people
      Salah10
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts | 140 
      Reply #937: Jan 04, 2022 05:58:48 pm
      ffp unless your Barce Real or city

FFP unless you're anyone but us.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,802 posts | 1247 
      • YNWA
      Reply #938: Jan 04, 2022 05:58:56 pm

Yeah, regarding blowing leads, presume then people are questioning Jurgens tactics?
      He's never been one to 'shut up shop', not sure why people think he's going to do that. And, even if we did decide to try that, no guarantee it's going to work anyway.
      The players are not beyond criticism obviously, and some do look a bit more sluggish/sloppy than usual, particularly in the middle. Which again, puts more pressure on the defense.
      So are people saying Jürgen shouldn't be playing those players?  And we should have for example Keita, AOC etc starting instead?
      I thought Jones looked very good when he came on against Chavs - but I don't see the lads in training - Jürgen and his team do.
      Easy to say, we should've started Jones or Keita or whatever in hindsight - but think most people weren't unhappy with the midfield three before the game, even with Milly, given it was away to Chavs and needed to win the battle.
      Jürgen prefers certain players in big matches, always has - if others are not getting started as much as people want, why is that? And this obviously leads on to questions like, well if he doesn't trust them, should we be looking for players he does. And so onto the owners, investment etc
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,085 posts | 1576 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #939: Jan 04, 2022 06:05:55 pm

City aren't losing  leads...so either Pep is a better manager than Klopp (he's not), or they have better players than  us. If that's the case then we need to figure out a way to get better players (most times that means spending money).

No sh!t Sherlock, how did you work that out.  :lmao:  UAE owners will do the trick  :f_whistle:

Players tired?? Thought you said 100% of players could play after the ten day isolation period was over and play to their full capacity? Changed your mind now.  :f_doh:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,882 posts | 4644 
      Reply #940: Jan 04, 2022 07:40:36 pm
      No sh!t Sherlock, how did you work that out.  :lmao:  UAE owners will do the trick  :f_whistle:

Players tired?? Thought you said 100% of players could play after the ten day isolation period was over and play to their full capacity? Changed your mind now.  :f_doh:

You still following me around weirdo? Odd that you know more about what I post than I do. Don't remember ever saying that 100% of players could play after isolation (not that it matters since that's not the context of what I was posting about Trent). But since you seem to stalk me on here, if you say so I guess I must have posted it. It's actually starting to become a bit unsettling this weird thing you have going on with me...maybe put me on ignore or something. It's making me uncomfortable how obsessed you seem to be.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,085 posts | 1576 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #941: Jan 04, 2022 07:45:19 pm
      You still following me around weirdo? Odd that you know more about what I post than I do. Don't remember ever saying that 100% of players could play after isolation (not that it matters since that's not the context of what I was posting about Trent). But since you seem to stalk me on here, if you say so I guess I must have posted it. It's actually starting to become a bit unsettling this weird thing you have going on with me...maybe put me on ignore or something. It's making me uncomfortable how obsessed you seem to be.

Not stalking you just pointing out your errors/faults, not my fault if you can’t remember what you post now is it. If you make sh!t up your always going to be called into question as it’s you looking like the fool. Rather than post without thinking maybe put some thought into unless it’s beyond you.
      « Last Edit: Jan 04, 2022 08:16:55 pm by Keith Singleton »
      rossyred

• 5,854 posts | 1015 
      Reply #942: Jan 04, 2022 07:56:50 pm

Trent has played 21games in 4 1/2 months works about  just over 1 game a week which really shouldn't be too much of a problem should it ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,085 posts | 1576 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #943: Jan 04, 2022 08:20:37 pm
      Trent has played 21games in 4 1/2 months works about  just over 1 game a week which really shouldn't be too much of a problem should it ?

Can’t remember all the Liverpool players that have had Covid, has Trent had it?
      rossyred

• 5,854 posts | 1015 
      Reply #944: Jan 04, 2022 08:26:14 pm
      Can’t remember all the Liverpool players that have had Covid, has Trent had it?

Talk of him having it two preseasons ago beyond that don't think so
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,882 posts | 4644 
      Reply #945: Jan 04, 2022 08:51:40 pm
      Not stalking you just pointing out your errors/faults, not my fault if you can’t remember what you post now is it. If you make sh!t up your always going to be called into question as it’s you looking like the fool. Rather than post without thinking maybe put some thought into unless it’s beyond you.

Like I said, I don't remember ever saying that 100% of a players could come back after 10 days. If you'd like to enlighten me then fair enough, otherwise piss off and stop stalking me you freaking weirdo.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,882 posts | 4644 
      Reply #946: Jan 04, 2022 08:53:40 pm

You'd have to ask him mate. Klopp talks about schedule congestion and recovery for players all the time. Don't think hardly any of our players were asked to play every single game last season...maybe Robbo?

I'm not saying Trent is tired, but more or less postulating that maybe it could be a reason for his recent dip in form and bouts of laziness on the pitch. Maybe that's not what it is, but nowhere did I insinuate it had anything to do with Covid like the Manc weirdo says.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,085 posts | 1576 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #947: Jan 04, 2022 09:29:36 pm
      Like I said, I don't remember ever saying that 100% of a players could come back after 10 days. If you'd like to enlighten me then fair enough, otherwise piss off and stop stalking me you freaking weirdo.

:lmao: I’d get accused of stalking if I go in archives,  :P check yourself if you haven’t deleted it already.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,882 posts | 4644 
      Reply #948: Jan 04, 2022 11:56:03 pm
      :lmao: I’d get accused of stalking if I go in archives,  :P check yourself if you haven’t deleted it already.
      I literally don’t even know what thread you are talking about or what post. That’s how unconcerned I am about it but you apparently have a catalog of everything I’ve posted which like I said before, is a bit unsettling.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,085 posts | 1576 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #949: Jan 05, 2022 09:04:10 am
      I literally don’t even know what thread you are talking about or what post. That’s how unconcerned I am about it but you apparently have a catalog of everything I’ve posted which like I said before, is a bit unsettling.

The Kop / Re: Leicester City 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      « on: Dec 28, 2021 10:33:57 pm »
      Who knows, I’m usually full of sh*t so maybe that’s not it at all.

You won’t know what I’m talking about when you put the above post up will you? Your own words.  ;)

Quick Reply