Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      59 (72.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Ibrahima KonatƩ
      5 (6.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.2%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      4 (4.9%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.2%)
      James Milner
      2 (2.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      7 (8.6%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Naby KeĆÆta
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: Jan 06, 2022 06:24:58 pm

Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23385 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Chelsea 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #897: Jan 03, 2022 07:10:21 pm
      But we didn't, right?

I don't want to be sitting in 3rd saying we deserve better [which I don't think we do btw] -  I'd rather give JĆ¼rgen what he needs to ACTUALLY be challenging.

Your missing the point

We in each game we led and dropped points were practically full strength and had leaders aplenty, who should see those games out. We didnt.

Once maybe twice you allow it but 4 times is just not learning from the last one. Nothing to do with owners or anyone outside the squad and management.

Everytime we drop points the go to us the owners. They have never once taken to the field in a jersey so why are they the go to everytime?  Why is it never the players or management who get looked at first?

Absolutely they could do more to make sure we land every player we want but they are not to blame for every point we drop
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #898: Jan 03, 2022 07:14:25 pm
      Talk all we want about aunties having testicles but the fact remains a fact

city won all 15 games they took the lead in

We won 11 from 15 we took a lead in

Fook all to do with owners, aunties or anyone else. Had we managed those games, which we should at this stage of the journey the table looks a lot different

If we won all our games we would be top whats your point ? We didnt win them because we dont have the quality in depth that City have .
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #899: Jan 03, 2022 07:14:38 pm
      Your missing the point

We in each game we led and dropped points were practically full strength and had leaders aplenty, who should see those games out. We didnt.

Once maybe twice you allow it but 4 times is just not learning from the last one. Nothing to do with owners or anyone outside the squad and management.

Everytime we drop points the go to us the owners. They have never once taken to the field in a jersey so why are they the go to everytime?  Why is it never the players or management who get looked at first?

Absolutely they could do more to make sure we land every player we want but they are not to blame for every point we drop

Itā€™s the standard these days

Win and itā€™s all down to the players and manager

Lose and itā€™s all down to the owners and lack of investment

Strange that when we do win there can be zero credit given to the owners and when we lose no blame on players and manager
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #900: Jan 03, 2022 07:17:24 pm
      Your missing the point

Don't think I'm missing the point.
      I've seen pretty much all our games.

Let's take one.
      Are you saying we deserved to win yesterday?
      We went 2 goals up there.
      Imho Chavs controlled the most of the game, and dominated the centre. And draw probably right result.

We could go on, looking at each game, but tbh I believe in the saying that 'the table doesn't lie'.
      Right now, I think based on how we've played, it's where we deserve to be.

And you could argue we've actually been quite lucky, in that Salah hasn't missed any matches.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #901: Jan 03, 2022 07:18:00 pm
      If we won all our games we would be top whats your point ? We didnt win them because we dont have the quality in depth that City have .

No and your another who wont see past the owners. The point is we didnt see out 4 games we led in with our best or near enough best team playing in all 4....you tell us how the owners are at fault for blowing 3 leads v F***ing brentford or leads v brighton.....fact is we shouldnt and if we dont were well in a title race....squad not good enough? What to hold leads against them 2 teams, really?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #902: Jan 03, 2022 07:20:05 pm
      Don't think I'm missing the point.
      I've seen pretty much all our games.

Let's take one.
      Are you saying we deserved to win yesterday?
      We went 2 goals up there.
      Imho Chavs controlled the most of the game, and dominated the centre. And draw probably right result.

We could go on, looking at each game, but tbh I believe in the saying that 'the table doesn't lie'.
      Right now, I think based on how we've played, it's where we deserve to be.

And you could argue we've actually been quite lucky, in that Salah hasn't missed any matches.

Deserving to win and holding a 2 nil lead are two different things, Ive stated clearly my view on which one of those two I believe should have happenned
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #903: Jan 03, 2022 07:21:03 pm
      No and your another who wont see past the owners. The point is we didnt see out 4 games we led in with our best or near enough best team playing in all 4....you tell us how the owners are at fault for blowing 3 leads v f**king brentford or leads v brighton.....fact is we shouldnt and if we dont were well in a title race....squad not good enough? What to hold leads against them 2 teams, really?

Well if we have essentially the same players playing in those 15 games and they can rest and rotate equal quality, then itā€™s surely understandable that our lot tire and sometimes canā€™t hold onto those leads no?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #904: Jan 03, 2022 07:22:53 pm
      Talk all we want about aunties having testicles but the fact remains a fact

city won all 15 games they took the lead in

We won 11 from 15 we took a lead in

Fook all to do with owners, aunties or anyone else. Had we managed those games, which we should at this stage of the journey the table looks a lot different

Itā€™s not that straight forward though is it.

City have more at their disposal to help manage those games. They can bring players on to change games or to hold on to results for them. They can make several changes each week meaning their players are always strong and fresh for each game.

We donā€™t have that luxury. Our first 11 will get tired and they will make mistakes because of it. We can already see that now. Trent, Hendo and fabinho in particular all look knackered and itā€™s no coincidence that we donā€™t have any backup for any of those players.

Football games arenā€™t over when a team takes the lead. Otherwise West Ham would be at the top of the table probably. Theyā€™re managed for 90minutes and you canā€™t rely on the same 11 players week in, week out to 1. Take the lead and 2. Always hold on to it. Itā€™s not as simple as that.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #905: Jan 03, 2022 07:23:44 pm
      Well if we have essentially the same players playing in those 15 games and they can rest and rotate equal quality, then itā€™s surely understandable that our lot tire and sometimes canā€™t hold onto those leads no?

we won other games rotating did we not? Not holding leads v bang average teams has essentially cost us. You would think looking at the team sheets in those games you would find some young lads, you wont, youll find our big name experienced players who should know how to hold leads at this stage
      Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #906: Jan 03, 2022 07:25:18 pm
      we won other games rotating did we not? Not holding leads v bang average teams has essentially cost us. You would think looking at the team sheets in those games you would find some young lads, you wont, youll find our big name experienced players who should know how to hold leads at this stage

Experienced or not, at this level the effort and pace of it, but apparently you think players donā€™t get tired

Our depth to theirs allows them to rest and rotate, and we donā€™t have that luxury
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #907: Jan 03, 2022 07:28:30 pm
      City have more at their disposal to help manage those games. They can bring players on to change games or to hold on to results for them. They can make several changes each week meaning their players are always strong and fresh for each game.

We donā€™t have that luxury. Our first 11 will get tired and they will make mistakes because of it. We can already see that now. Trent, Hendo and fabinho in particular all look knackered and itā€™s no coincidence that we donā€™t have any backup for any of those players.

In a nutshell.

Table doesn't lie.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #908: Jan 03, 2022 07:30:12 pm
      Experienced or not, at this level the effort and pace of it, but apparently you think players donā€™t get tired

Our depth to theirs allows them to rest and rotate, and we donā€™t have that luxury

Clutching. Brentford was September how were all our players so tired they couldnt hold on there?

Redman7804
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 570 posts | 267 
      Reply #909: Jan 03, 2022 07:32:40 pm
      Clutching. Brentford was September how were all our players so tired they couldnt hold on there?

Weā€™re all the games  in September?

Look, itā€™s sound mate, if thatā€™s what you believe then no problem..
      I mean itā€™s not a level playing field between the two but you ignore that and bash them if you like
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #910: Jan 03, 2022 07:39:39 pm
      Weā€™re all the games  in September?

Look, itā€™s sound mate, if thatā€™s what you believe then no problem..
      I mean itā€™s not a level playing field between the two but you ignore that and bash them if you like

I believe the following

We blew a 2 nil lead in a 5 min spell yesterday, should not have been the case and if we get in at half time 2 up and go on and win

I also believe under no circumstance should we blow leads v Brentford or Brighton, never.

Thats what I believe. You can all believe what you want and you might be all spot on, or maybe deep down a bit of what Im saying is as close to the reasons were so far off as the reasons you all point to

Maybe its a mix of both
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #911: Jan 03, 2022 07:43:41 pm
      No and your another who wont see past the owners. The point is we didnt see out 4 games we led in with our best or near enough best team playing in all 4....you tell us how the owners are at fault for blowing 3 leads v f**king brentford or leads v brighton.....fact is we shouldnt and if we dont were well in a title race....squad not good enough? What to hold leads against them 2 teams, really?

bollox your just making stuff up about what we should have done I am talking about REALITY which you deny and still think if we just had a bit more luck we would be top of the league. You are denial we are struggling and we look stale which is down to not keeping the squad fresh.
      Cant wait for Thursdays team news.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #912: Jan 03, 2022 08:09:45 pm
      I believe the following

We blew a 2 nil lead in a 5 min spell yesterday, should not have been the case and if we get in at half time 2 up and go on and win

I also believe under no circumstance should we blow leads v Brentford or Brighton, never.

Thats what I believe. You can all believe what you want and you might be all spot on, or maybe deep down a bit of what Im saying is as close to the reasons were so far off as the reasons you all point to

Maybe its a mix of both
      Agree there, blowing leads has the been the theme of the season. Atletico, Ac milan in CL. We weren't really tired during that period. Something is off in midfield, or defence. So far attackers only had one off day, and that was Leicester, and I think that was a freak result. And midfield on the other hand have had multiple off days, probably far more than a title winning team should, especially against city.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #913: Jan 03, 2022 08:14:23 pm
      bollox your just making stuff up about what we should have done I am talking about REALITY which you deny and still think if we just had a bit more luck we would be top of the league. You are denial we are struggling and we look stale which is down to not keeping the squad fresh.
      Cant wait for Thursdays team news.

everyone that says anything you dont agree with is bollix isnt it though. You should learn that not everyone sees things the way you do, they certainly dont yours

problem on here for a good while now F**k all respect for peoples views if its not line with what people want to read. Always reactions like your talking bollox etc.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #914: Jan 03, 2022 08:17:53 pm
      everyone that says anything you dont agree with is bollix isnt it though. You should learn that not everyone sees things the way you do, they certainly dont yours

problem on here for a good while now f**k all respect for peoples views if its not line with what people want to read. Always reactions like your talking bollox etc.

That's the whole of the internet.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #915: Jan 03, 2022 08:22:53 pm
      That's the whole of the internet.

I dont do facebook twitter etc, this is the only internet interaction I use. On it since 2007 and whatever the F**k changef in the last couple of years I dont know but say anything people dont agree with and your talking bollix, your a c**t your this your that. Use to have proper good debates on here without that sh*te
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #916: Jan 03, 2022 08:29:25 pm
      I dont do facebook twitter etc, this is the only internet interaction I use. On it since 2007 and whatever the f**k changef in the last couple of years I dont know but say anything people dont agree with and your talking bollix, your a c**t your this your that. Use to have proper good debates on here without that sh*te

Neither do I, not any more. People act like toddlers when they are anonymous and there are no consequences. Behave on the street as they do online and they'd be in prison or hospital.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #917: Jan 03, 2022 08:33:36 pm
      I dont do facebook twitter etc, this is the only internet interaction I use. On it since 2007 and whatever the f**k changef in the last couple of years I dont know but say anything people dont agree with and your talking bollix, your a c**t your this your that. Use to have proper good debates on here without that sh*te

Twitter is the absolute pits - even worse during transfer window time

The amount of vile abuse on there that gets sent to the owners during the window ( and mainly from foreign ā€œfansā€ who have never set foot in the city ) is disgusting
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #918: Jan 03, 2022 09:31:38 pm
      There are some great points made from both sides of the argument, Brianā€™s point is fairy muff, we canā€™t blame the owners for chuckling away 2 goal leads, thatā€™s down to the players and to a point JĆ¼rgen, at the moment it seems going two up we always chase a third, and by doing so can let opponents back in if they score, sometimes we need to learn to shut up shop and be content with and perhaps defend what we have,

Its happened 4 times now so like Brian quite rightly said weā€™re not learning, itā€™s also a good point in that perhaps having more quality to opt from we would lessen the chances of giving leads away, there are two points here, one, having more quality would mean we could rotate more often and lessen the burden on our already overstretched players, and two, we have the ability to exchange like for like and perhaps even change formation, and retaining the ability to defend what we have,

Ultimately though itā€™s still goes back to having enough on the bench to choose from in the first instance, rotation, change of formation, having two for each position, like for like exchanging, and all of that can only work if you have the players at your disposal, and that is down to lack of investment in the transfer market, plain and simple!!

Introducing young lads is commendable and obviously very welcome but we have to draw the line in relying on them to fill voids in our ranks simply because of lack of investment, they may be very good prospects and have bright futureā€™s but the quality is clearly lacking as well as the experience, and as good as our owners have been, in terms of what we have achieved so far with JĆ¼rgen at the helm, they have gotten off fairly lightly, just over Ā£209m in a dozen years equates to around Ā£20m a season, thatā€™s f***in chicken feed in real terms, Iā€™d be interested to learn how much they have saved in those 12 years of their budgetary, covid or no covid,  there is no doubt in my mind that they will need to dig deep if they expect JĆ¼rgen to carry on the fantastic  work he is doing, and when I say deep I mean north of Ā£200m in the next two to three summer windows plus what we bring in ourselves by way of turnstiles, shirt sales etc.

Y  N  W  A

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #919: Jan 03, 2022 09:45:06 pm
      There are some great points made from both sides of the argument, Brianā€™s point is fairy muff, we canā€™t blame the owners for chuckling away 2 goal leads, thatā€™s down to the players and to a point JĆ¼rgen, at the moment it seems going two up we always chase a third, and by doing so can let opponents back in if they score, sometimes we need to learn to shut up shop and be content with and perhaps defend what we have,

Its happened 4 times now so like Brian quite rightly said weā€™re not learning, itā€™s also a good point in that perhaps having more quality to opt from we would lessen the chances of giving leads away, there are two points here, one, having more quality would mean we could rotate more often and lessen the burden on our already overstretched players, and two, we have the ability to exchange like for like and perhaps even change formation, and retaining the ability to defend what we have,

Ultimately though itā€™s still goes back to having enough on the bench to choose from in the first instance, rotation, change of formation, having two for each position, like for like exchanging, and all of that can only work if you have the players at your disposal, and that is down to lack of investment in the transfer market, plain and simple!!

Introducing young lads is commendable and obviously very welcome but we have to draw the line in relying on them to fill voids in our ranks simply because of lack of investment, they may be very good prospects and have bright futureā€™s but the quality is clearly lacking as well as the experience, and as good as our owners have been, in terms of what we have achieved so far with JĆ¼rgen at the helm, they have gotten off fairly lightly, just over Ā£209m in a dozen years equates to around Ā£20m a season, thatā€™s f***in chicken feed in real terms, Iā€™d be interested to learn how much they have saved in those 12 years of their budgetary, covid or no covid,  there is no doubt in my mind that they will need to dig deep if they expect JĆ¼rgen to carry on the fantastic  work he is doing, and when I say deep I mean north of Ā£200m in the next two to three summer windows plus what we bring in ourselves by way of turnstiles, shirt sales etc.

Y  N  W  A

In regards the spending/money question the club have spent around Ā£1bn on players since FSG bought the club

Since Klopp arrived itā€™s been Ā£560mil on players

And Iā€™m not sure what you mean by what money they have saved ?

The club are not going to spend Ā£200mil above the income of the club

For the club to spend more than it earns and to be at that level (Ā£200mil ) would mean the club would need to

1. Take out loans
      2. FSG use money from their other sports teams
      3. Club is sold

We didnā€™t need to do any of those to buy

Mane , Mo , Gini , Keita , Fabinho , Ox , Bobby, Jota , Thiago , VVD , Allison

Yet we do now 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Quick Reply